Author Topic: Otakon 2013 - now with extra vitamins and minerals  (Read 30009 times)

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
Re: Otakon 2013 - now with extra vitamins and minerals
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2013, 01:30:06 AM »
THANKS FOR A GREAT CON, GUYS~! :D

(The new video should be up tomorrow. Right now, I need some rest.)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:52:48 AM by BL2W »

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2013, 01:48:06 AM »
I needed another day of Otakon to see everyone I missed because I am too Oldakon to fit everything otherwise  </3

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2013, 02:51:19 AM »
I awaken from my deep slumber to say...

It was really great meeting everyone! I had an amazing time at both the Saturday night dinner and the Sunday photo session.

Photographs I took are here in this album: http://imgur.com/a/o0Xwx

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2013, 03:56:36 AM »
Holy shit

Otakon is moving to Baltimore DC in 2017 O_O
Hm, quite peculiar to hear.

Seems like all of you had fun there.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2013, 06:38:24 AM »
I got back a bit earlier, and I had a really great time for my first time at Otakon. Both of the concerts were fantastic, especially the Yoko Kanno one, it was totally worth going just for that. I only wish that I had made more of an effort to meet some of the other forum goers, I only ran into Kilga and Edible on the last day. :ohdear:
I took some pictures of Touhou and other cosplayers I saw through the weekend, I'll be sure to post them up soon. :V
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2013, 10:18:12 AM »
The amount of stuff I'd like to share with you guys is off the chart but I need to leave for work in 15 minutes. x_x

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2013, 01:53:05 PM »
I only wish that I had made more of an effort to meet some of the other forum goers...

I know that feeling, when I came back I found myself wishing I got to know some of the cosplayers better. Glad to see people enjoyed those Sukusuku I brought with me, got stopped a few times by people asking about them even. :)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2013, 02:01:24 PM »
Post-con depression? Nah.
Post-con plague? Never.
Post-con exhaustion? Oh God, why am I going to Otakuthon :(

Best part of the weekend was making yuyukos suck my fantasy football dong. HAIL RENKO MOTHERFUCKERS
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2013, 03:21:34 PM »
Holy sweet mother of jeebus that Oreimo 2 season finale episodes screening.  So much drama and conflict... and then afterwards, we even actually got to see the anime!  Seriously though holy crap, I've never been to a world premiere like that, so that's gonna stick with my for a while.

Anyway, as for the parts of Otakon that any of you actually probably care about, vids are being uploaded as slow as ever because I'm a loser who still hasn't gone out and actually bought a proper suite of video editing software.  I'll alert you guys when I start hitting touhou relevant stuff (i.e. photoshoots).  Stay tuned!

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2013, 04:54:56 PM »
Drove back to Chicago from Ota just in time for Monday work. Yay long hours of driving! (will do that again for AWA woohoo)

This con was a BLAST :3 had lots o' fun hanging out with you guys.
Otakon pictures going up pretty soon. Having to deal with a huge amount of pictures O_o

For those of you who were at the con, I was Momiji (with toy sword for babbiiiessss) for the Friday Photoshoot, Tenshi for the Saturday photoshoot, IN Yukari for the Otadinner, and Marisa (with cigarettes) for the Sunday photoshoot. I'll look forward to seeing you guys again at future cons!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:57:10 PM by DS4_S4NДΣ »
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2013, 04:55:31 PM »
Holy sweet mother of jeebus that Oreimo 2 season finale episodes screening.  So much drama and conflict... and then afterwards, we even actually got to see the anime!  Seriously though holy crap, I've never been to a world premiere like that, so that's gonna stick with my for a while.
Spoiler:
Does it go with the LN ending and go for the Kirino/Wizard ending or did he actually screw with the LN readers and go with the Ruri route? I'm just really curious and no one is saying anything about it yet

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2013, 04:59:54 PM »
I had a great time thanks to everyone!

I know that feeling, when I came back I found myself wishing I got to know some of the cosplayers better. Glad to see people enjoyed those Sukusuku I brought with me, got stopped a few times by people asking about them even. :)

Keine thanks you for bringing them!
Stacking them on my head was gosh darned adorable and posing with them during the shoot was even more adorable and then Mokou x Keine x Sukusuku photos aaaaaaaaa.aaaaa.aaa.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2013, 05:18:21 PM »
Oh man. So many feels from Otakon. The good, the bad, and the ones that could potentially lead to a restraining order. Seriously, twice there was confusion about my sexual orientation. Thanks guys. Anyway,

Sure, there wasn't a Touhou Project panel this year, and the would-be audience members may have found that unfulfilling, but us panelists seemed to make splendid use of our extra time and that led to some things we could very well include in the panels-to-be.

Being 80's is super cool. I had maybe 6 or 7 people ask for pictures, which is rather limited considering what I'm used to, but everyone who recognized Shin from Hokuto no Ken was super enthusiastic about it. We got to gush about how much we enjoyed the series and joked about it.

JoJo's Posing School was worth every second despite nearly sweating through my costume throughout. It's a great participation panel and the people who couldn't grab floor space quickly enough sure got a good show anyway. The poses themselves can come in handy for any photoshoot. Also, my friends may gesture "I can see your underwear" as a greeting instead of "hello" now.

Bad Anime Bad is now entering its 12th or 13th season and is still incredible. Every second of the misery that spewed forth from Garzey's Wing was magical, especially when the plot, characters, setting, writing, scenario, dialogue, animation, editing, translation, and DUBBING - oh LORD the dub! - SOMEhow managed to make it through quality control.

I also found so many cool things in the dealers' room. Might be more on that later! :getdown:

The events at Saturday's dinner spoke for themselves and have already been spoken for. That and a strawberry smoothie, pork teriyaki, and red bean ice cream were sooooo good, but didn't compare to what was going on around it.

Very few things are quite as satisfying as spending con Sundays meeting up with the vast majority of the people you've spent your time with since Thursday and giving them a proper send-off, especially when you only have a brief weekend together with people you may not be fortunate enough to see again.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2013, 06:41:48 PM »
Sure, there wasn't a Touhou Project panel this year, and the would-be audience members may have found that unfulfilling, but us panelists seemed to make splendid use of our extra time and that led to some things we could very well include in the panels-to-be.

Oh God this so hard. I look back on what I did this con and I can't think of a single time where I would have been willing to jam a presentation in.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2013, 07:08:24 PM »
Oh man. So many feels from Otakon. The good, the bad, and the ones that could potentially lead to a restraining order.

Hoi, I still have the marks on my legs from that.  "It's not fair, he's wearing a skirt" my ass.

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2013, 07:17:16 PM »
Thank you everyone for an awesome Otakon once more!  Especially everyone who was there Saturday night!

And no, I don't know if it will be a Touhou wedding or not :P

Photo links to follow shortly
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

yuyukos

« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2013, 10:26:15 PM »
Spoiler:
Does it go with the LN ending and go for the Kirino/Wizard ending or did he actually screw with the LN readers and go with the Ruri route? I'm just really curious and no one is saying anything about it yet
Spoiler:
LN Ending if you know what it is already.

Pictures!:

Crowdmob Line waiting for Yoko Kanno tickets on Friday.
A Youmu
A Patchouli
An Marisa
Deadpools and Banana
Some Deadpools. Deadpool x Anything still seems to be a popular choice.
Oppa Deadpool style. And a yellow hand.
Something reminding me of MechWarrior?
Not too sure here.
Some Nintendo people and a Deadpool
Unsure again.
Maka from Soul Eater. I did not intend to take a picture with her skirt a bit up, but someone asked her to jump and she did and that's when I clicked. :ohdear:
DC Girls beating up Deadpool.
Sailor Deadpool
Some Gundam character. He looked bored and I think it was right after their panel ended.
Deadpool FMA, Power Ranger Deadpool, One Piece Deadpool. In line for TMR.
Waiting in the back of the line for Home Made Kazoku and T.M. Revolution
Man-kariiiiiin~
A Tohsaka Rin
Hello Deadpool
A different Marisa
Murein?Yuuka. I think that's what it said on her badge but I didn't say anything.
The view from one of our rooms after the hotel split us up and moved us upstairs. The glorious bathroom mentioned in Kiro's previous post was successfully won.
This van was (1) parked next to us (2).
Kilga AKA fantasy football shots fired.
Crona from Soul Eater

Lineup for the Yoko Kanno concert:
1a
1b
And Batman was looking down over all of us.

And then all the loot I took home:
I got TMR to sign his anime CD and Yoko Kanno to sign the booklet of my Cowboy Bebop OST 1 that I've had forever.
I bought a OreImo wallscroll and got it signed by Tsukasa Fushimi (the author, the right signature) and Hiroyuki Kanbe (the director of the anime, the left one). Funny thing about the wallscroll was, I saw it the Daisuki/GSC booth for $20 and bought it along with that Monogatari wallscroll I've been lusting after wanting for a while now. After that I wandered over to the Aniplex booth and I saw they had the same wallscroll, so I asked their price out of curiosity and they told me $60, which I could not believe. Good game Aniplex pricing.
An array of prints and bookmarks from the Artist's Alley.
A Hyperdimension Neptunia artbook and a Chuunibyou deck of cards from Kinokuniya, as well as some random 1gb USB stick I won from Daisuki.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:19:58 AM by yuyukos »
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2013, 10:31:44 PM »
Spoiler:
LN Ending if you know what it is already.
Spoiler:
aww ah well. Then it was expected, not really disappointed then, I knew I shouldn't have been hopeful for a possible alternate ending :V

RuneDevros

• Lost Sky Project
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2013, 11:34:46 PM »
I think the best thing that happened during the Touhou cosplay photoshoots was when we were joined out of the blue by Duke Nukem

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2013, 11:53:02 PM »

yuyukos

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2013, 12:14:34 AM »
Is this an inside joke I'm not getting?  :wat:
Haha nope just mislabled it twice, it was a long weekend. Now I will fix that.
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2013, 12:56:25 AM »
REJOICE~! THE VIDEO IS DONE.

"Touhou @ Otakon 2013"

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2013, 01:24:31 AM »

Every con these guys outdo themselves. I have no idea what they have planned for AWA.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2013, 01:28:22 AM »
Okay. That is just too friggin' cool. I'm out.  :o

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2013, 11:49:50 AM »

Keine thanks you for bringing them!
Stacking them on my head was gosh darned adorable and posing with them during the shoot was even more adorable and then Mokou x Keine x Sukusuku photos aaaaaaaaa.aaaaa.aaa.

XD Say, by the way, do you know who the Neko-Futo was? Thought she did an awesome job with that cosplay.

I think the best thing that happened during the Touhou cosplay photoshoots was when we were joined out of the blue by Duke Nukem
I don't know if I liked that one or the Deadpool from last year better, both were pretty funny.

Every con these guys outdo themselves. I have no idea what they have planned for AWA.
Did you make that picture or did they make it?

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2013, 07:56:27 PM »
XD Say, by the way, do you know who the Neko-Futo was? Thought she did an awesome job with that cosplay.

Yup, I've met her at a few other cons earlier this year. She finds me and sticks to me like krazy glue.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2013, 11:09:32 PM »
Yup, I've met her at a few other cons earlier this year. She finds me and sticks to me like krazy glue.

Wasn't she the Futo from AnimeNEXT this year? She seemed undeniably reminiscent of her~

« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2013, 12:07:23 AM »
I had an amazing time at Otakon. I drank and hung out with dozens of internet friends. The Yoko Kanno concert unforgettable and wonderful and amazing. Shinichiro Watanabe is a chill cool dude and his new Space Dandy show looks excellent. T.M. Revolution concert was great fun. One of the best Otakons ever and I've been going for 9 years now.

Here are my cosplay photos~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkington/sets/72157635063876462/

RuneDevros

• Lost Sky Project
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2013, 03:31:22 AM »
Are there any videos of Satori playing the guitar on Sunday? That was a great performance!