Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 231422 times)

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2013, 11:03:15 AM »
I can never get past Cirno's Icicle spellcard thing without dying. I can do all the other bosses in the game (not Remilia too good yet) but that one stupid spell.
I agree. It's rather hard if you are not playing on Easy, which does not have the sixth stage.
Also, I got directly hit by a paper-y stuff on second stage. AND IT WAS MY LAST LIFE.

Zil

« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2013, 12:11:21 AM »

poop

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2013, 04:16:51 AM »
Those white round balls in Seija's last spell... :(
Capture rate 15%

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2013, 11:26:44 AM »

the wise of you may notice that the power isn't MAX

RIP best stage 6 of my life

« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2013, 11:46:35 PM »
Well I played my first credit of DDC.  I think that about says it all.  Was ZUN fucking drunk when he made the second half of the game?  I'm kinda pissed from this.  I really liked the first half of the game and the system was great, but then ZUN had to take a shit all over it.  Especially the stage 5 boss.  That should not be a thing, ever.  I think this might be my least favorite Touhou already, just because of that one boss.  Lots of gimmicky shit I can get over but stuff like that can just go fuck itself.  I might try to 1cc it later, but hell if I'm going to play this game seriously with that kind of shit going on.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2013, 11:56:00 PM »
@TouhouHugger I feel your pain. I tried another Normal run in DDC for the first time in a week. Did perfectly until I died 3 times to Kagerou due to either clipping or overcompensation. Derpy deaths are the bane of me. And then I go ahead and perfect Benben somehow, even through all of that music note spam. Stage 5 is just scary. No. No, Seija. Just no.

« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2013, 12:31:23 AM »
But Seija's the best part of the game outside of Kagerou :3

If anything, you should be complaining about how shit Stage 4 and 6 are!

« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2013, 01:03:38 AM »
I didn't like 4/6 much either but they were better than
Spoiler:
flipping controls
.  I've only tried Lunatic so far though, so they might better lower difficulties, and that's where I do all my scoring stuff anyway.  My main complaint from first impressions was all the PoC cockblocking.

Formless God

« Reply #188 on: August 31, 2013, 01:39:09 AM »
If anything, you should be complaining about how shit Stage 4 and 6 are!
I hope you meant just 4A. Daioujou-tan is one of the saving graces of the game BV

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #189 on: August 31, 2013, 01:51:56 AM »
Just tried another DDC SakuyaB Normal attempt to round off my Normal 1ccs. I had a perfect run going until I tried to PoC in Stage 3 and one of those wisp things spawned RIGHT ON TOP OF ME. It's like I can't get a good run unless it's late at night or I'm just derping about for some reason.

« Reply #190 on: August 31, 2013, 02:04:26 AM »
I hope you meant just 4A. Daioujou-tan is one of the saving graces of the game BV

Yeah alright, in Stage 4's case i only meant the stage portion and in Stage 6's case i only meant the boss. Guess that could've used some better clarification, sorry!
Yeah, I think Benben sucks but that's really not a concern for me because I dislike all the A-types altogether. Yatsuhashi however is a very fun boss just like Kagerou and Seija are. These three are what makes DDC worth playing even with the rest of the game is outstandingly mediocre :V

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2013, 10:18:13 PM »
Yuugi's non spell lasers are soo shitty on Hard and up. The blue ones are fine but the red ones are soo mis-leading.

Phoenon

• Let's Rock, Baby
  • Woop Woop
« Reply #192 on: September 02, 2013, 09:00:42 AM »
Yeesh, my third time failing on Stage 7 Sakuya 2 in Koumajou Densetsu 1 trying to get all her attacks and patterns in my head and what to do for each phase, but usually whenever I get there I only have 1 life if not less because every now and then I'm unfortunate enough to tap jump but end up not tapping it quickly enough for a shortjump with Reimu going facefirst into 1 hit kill spikes  :V

Can't wait to see how Remilia and Flandre are going to be stuffing spell cards into my face once I get past this...gonna miss the Bloody Tears remix though once I pass Stage 7.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #193 on: September 02, 2013, 04:39:28 PM »
Lost a DDC Normal 1cc with Sakuya...Started Stage 6 with 7 lives. Lost one to those really fast big yellow bullets from the spirits. Worst part of the stage itself. Then I just kept derping into everything (Seija's attacks, failed deathbombs that caught me off-guard in Sukuna's nonspells). Then I absolutely choked on Sukuna's survival, losing 3 lives. Continued, didn't lose a single life the rest of the battle. Sukuna's nonspells are the worst. How disheartening. That was, without a doubt, my best run, too. And I just choked right at the end and ruined everything. Argh.

« Reply #194 on: September 04, 2013, 09:33:18 PM »
It takes effort to learn how to get a lot of 2.0 bonuses in DDC without bombs.

Why did ZUN wait with introducing hard to get extends for a bad game and not a good one.

Hard to get as in takes planning. Fuck planning I just want this mediocrity out of the way.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2013, 06:41:44 PM »
So I am now insanely jealous of these school computers, which once and for all confirmed for me that my performance on DDC is hampered on my home computer with hideous amounts of input lag. There's not a frame of lag on this school computer as I pull off a 1D1B run of Kagerou on the spot! Ooh, if only my computer were as good...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2013, 01:52:30 AM »
I just lost a DDC Lunatic No-Focus 1cc with ReimuB, so badly that I decided to just stop trying... why? because I realized that the clear would go like this:
1. restart 20 or so times thanks to Cirno's spellcard
2. decide to just screw it and bomb it along with Waka's first spell (and probably the other one as well, since she moves too much and it gets obnoxiously long)
3. have stages 2 and 3 be the only ones I do properly, and get a decent amount of lives... to just bombspam through Kagerou
4. use stage 4 to recover from Kagerou's fight and die Yatsu to at least 2 times (having used every bomb available)
5. have a regular stage 5 that goes downhill after midboss Seija, and guess what? bombspam through the boss
6. I don't think it's necessary to say how Sukuna would go...

So yeah, even if I could clear this, I wouldn't be happy to get it, because just bombing through everything is something I don't like doing, and defeats the purpose of the "challenge" I intended this to be

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2013, 01:53:41 AM »
Edit: I missclicked quote and ended double posting sorry

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Formless God

« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2013, 06:05:31 AM »
I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing wrong

[attach=1]

Zil

« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2013, 08:00:33 AM »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2013, 08:11:42 AM »
zil

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2013, 10:44:23 AM »

Screw RNG

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2013, 05:50:26 PM »

« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2013, 04:32:18 AM »
Died twice to Seija's mid-boss spell on Hard.

By running into Seija.

Both times.

No idea how I actually cleared that run.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2013, 07:41:51 PM »
I was trying to time out saigyouji flawless nirvana and the timer was on 03 so a huge burst of hapiness stroke my heart but then...
right when the timer hit 00 I died...  :(

That hapiness was soon transformed into supreme anger, and I even shed a tear :(
1cc's:
Normal: All
Hard: PCB, IN, TD
Lunatic: IN
Extras: EoSD, PCB Extra+Phantasm, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist

« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2013, 06:38:47 AM »
I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing wrong

[attach=1]
That's straight-up depressing
whenever I passed 50 tries with a card in IN, I just moved on to something else and would wait weeks to come back to the card a better player.

Ibaraki

• 茨華仙
  • Keeping things disciplined
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2013, 02:57:27 PM »
ReimuA --: Sukuna_Bewitched Sword "Shining Needle Sword".
MarisaA -: Early Stage 6.
MarisaB -: Seija_Reverse Bow "Dream Bow of Heaven & Earth" .
SakuyaA -: Seija_Turnabout "Reverse Hierarchy" .
I know I always have difficulty clicking with keyboard for games that require precise actions, but my goodness... am I just terrible.

Seija and Sukuna are both the bane of my existence.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2013, 07:14:57 PM »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2013, 02:11:01 AM »
I'm waiting for Genyoko.org to update their DDC reply uploadability so that I can share my most rage-inducing moment in my Touhou career. Once it is, look at Stage 6.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear