Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 225632 times)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.
« Reply #930 on: May 09, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
I'm in mid silver, and when I support I always ask if anyone else is going to build an aegis. Usually noone says they are, so I build it. Philo, sightstone, boots, aegis (bulwark) is how my build tends to go. Shurelyas afterwards, then depending on situation, but considering a support's gold income, it normally doesn't come to that unless the game is getting lengthy.

Of course right after I type this I go into a ranked game where our jungle WW buys one... and with him and top Xin snowballing, building a Zekes was an easy choice.  :3

Whee promo to Silver III again.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:37:50 PM by Iryan »
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #931 on: May 09, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »
I'm in mid silver, and when I support I always ask if anyone else is going to build an aegis. Usually noone says they are, so I build it. Philo, sightstone, boots, aegis (bulwark) is how my build tends to go. Shurelyas afterwards, then depending on situation, but considering a support's gold income, it normally doesn't come to that unless the game is getting lengthy.

That's pretty much the build I was using.  Just seems lack luster on Janna.

In other news, I bought Akali b/c it looks like that avalanche is getting buffed.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:17:48 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #932 on: May 09, 2013, 09:28:53 PM »
Except LCS =/= Normal play. Who's better in a 2v1 lane, a passive support like Janna, or an aggressive poke-based support who can bully ranged champions, let alone melee? Obviously the latter.

LCS is such a different environment, especially with the whole 2v1 lane swap deal, that using LCS as an indicator is inherently flawed. These 250,000 Janna games represent what people are actually playing on the ladder, in the environment you and me play in.

did you even read my post? i said you have to use everything in conjunction with each other and offered tournament stats as a info point that had yet been covered.

Please don't tell me my evidence is flawed and then pull out something that's hardly even relevant as a counter-argument.

phoenixheaddesk.jpg

Although yes, a number on it's own isn't good. You analyze said number, you compare, ect.

Except there isn't much to analyze. Janna has a winrate over 55% with 250,000+ games. That says pretty clearly that right now Janna is strong. Now, if this was, say, Old Sejuani with like 200 games and a 60% winrate, wouldn't read much into that, 200 games is nothing, and easily skewed.

it doesn't say she's strong imo. it says she's popular, easy, and fits into many team comps. now that soraka is bleh, janna and sona are the go to "i don't play support" support champions. janna also has natural synergy with the popular ad carries at the moment(mf, caitlyn, draven, vayne). she also naturally counters the same ad carries to some degree too(interrupt mf, cait ult, shield cait ult, prevent draven from getting axes, make vayne waste ult time with knockup/slow). you have to also consider that solo queue is the most popular game mode and that all stats are likely to be skewed towards that. janna can be really good in solo queue because she can easily break apart sloppy offenses, as well as be an offensive play maker for her team.

also janna has found a spot in the rising aggression in the game. she can enable aggressive play such as tower dives and poking down turrets very effectively, but she is also good at defending against such plays as well. however the key thing about these points is that players do not need to be particularly good at janna to perform these acts. an average janna player can safely do more things than a good leona player, for example. i maintain that janna is eh because if you get great(relative to your skill level) at more niche supports like lulu, leona, thresh, zyra, etc., you can accomplish more than the average "i don't play support" janna.

Speaking of Leona (sort of)

Draven/Leona bot lane HALP HOW I FITE?
We got absolutely massacred as Graves/Zyra last night, I picked Zyra after MJP took Graves and Leona was picked on the other side, figuring the root would help Graves and keep Leona out of our hair but then the Draven showed up and WELP.  At least our team wasn't a jerk about it and other team acknowledged we were outplayed no OMG FEEDER UNINSTALL and our top lane also got slaughtered so it wasn't 100% us causing the 20min surrender....

the key to any vsing any leona bot lane is that she has to maneuver close to use her abilities and explode people. keep the lane bushes warded and poke her with whatever you have. as zyra, you can also use your wq plants for a lot of zone control. rather than trying to deal with her all-ins, it's best to make her scared to all-in before she can

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #933 on: May 09, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »
Don't ever underestimate how crazy a Leona player can be though, and NEVER underestimate the range of her Zenith Blade (The Gapcloser), people often underestimate both when I'm Leona'ing and with such a stunlock nothing short of a Soraka can save the enemy ADC.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #934 on: May 09, 2013, 11:34:49 PM »
Don't ever underestimate how crazy a Leona player can be though, and NEVER underestimate the range of her Zenith Blade (The Gapcloser), people often underestimate both when I'm Leona'ing and with such a stunlock nothing short of a Soraka can save the enemy ADC.

well if she's poked down enough you can just kill her at that point

then the enemy ad carry is basically stuck with his ass in the cold air

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #936 on: May 10, 2013, 12:13:44 AM »
well if she's poked down enough you can just kill her at that point

then the enemy ad carry is basically stuck with his ass in the cold air

People tend to ignore me and just poke down the adc though, maybe because I'm tanky.

(PS: I don't use armor runes :V)

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #937 on: May 10, 2013, 02:29:48 AM »
Just to chime in on the Janna discussion, personally I don't think Janna is that strong. Now I'm not saying she's bad, I know she brings a lot to teamfights, but she's nowhere near the level of support kings like Thresh or Taric.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #938 on: May 10, 2013, 04:00:31 AM »
So, finished my placements, 8-2, win streak of 7 broken by a game where I failed at Kog and top also failed, and 2nd loss was bot feeding hard while I was barely keeping up with Karthus mid. Last game they put me against real bronze players, and Teemo and Singed just generally kept going mid and trolling so hard it was so sad their Viktor just gave up at 4th minute and stayed at base screaming at Teemo and Singed in all chat for the rest of the game.
Silver III now >;3

On other news, support Ryze is surprisingly viable. Or maybe that was just Ashe being so bad that I looked good in comparison :< But either way Ryze manages to have both above average burst and sustained damage, and as a result he can still melt people a great deal in bot lane apparently. His snare is awesome too, especially against escape/jump-dependent people like Leona and Cait (although I'm not fast enough to snare Leona mid-dash yet, even if I warded the bush she's jumping from ;_; ). His range and poke is kind of subpar for an off support though :<
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #939 on: May 10, 2013, 01:48:05 PM »
why hello there new melee carry
He looks like an emo mothman and he has a stupid name.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #940 on: May 10, 2013, 01:54:01 PM »
I spent about an hour and a half looking at every champion's page on the new beta website.

There are several unexplained things, possible mistakes, omissions, and stuff that makes little/no sense. I made a thread about it on the EUW GD, but I'll copy/paste the thread here so we can discuss it here [I know most people here are NA]

WARNING - LONG POST IS LONG

========

Note: There have already been red posts explaining that most of this will be explained at some point if not already. Also there is a bug with showing multiple associations/allegiances, although this only effects a few champions [Mostly Yordles].

Possible Errors will also be listed in bold.

Arhi - Shown to be friends with Wukong, not shown before.

Akali - Nothing new

Alistar - Friends with Xin Zhao. Most likely as both have history of being gladiatorial slaves

Amumu - Listed as Bandle City, which is new. [Shurima will likely be added as a 2nd]. Only association is Annie, despite this.

Aniva - Although obvious, while not outright stated, Rival with Brand

Annie - An independent

Ashe - Does not list Lissandra as a rival, as she is yet unaware

Blitzcrank - Viktor and Orianna listed as Friends, new splash image as header

Brand - Rivals with Aniva, Lissandra... and Ryze?! The first two are obvious, the latter, not so.

Caitlyn - Listed as friends with Jayce and Ezreal, which was never outright stated before. Vi is listed as a friend, but not also a Rival. [Rival does not have to be unfriendly, see Draven/Darius]

Cassiopeia - The BIG ONE. Listed as Shurima, but reds have confirmed she is Noxus/Shurima, and they are adding some journey to this area as part of her lore. Freinds with Katarina, Renekton [Can Renekton even feel freindship?] and Xerath, indicateing she brings chaos to the region. Nasus is listed as an enemy as well as Sivir.

Cho'Gath: New splash on header. Listed as friends with Kog'Maw and Kah'Zix

Corki: Listed as Bandle City. Will be Bandle City / Piltover

Darius - Freinds are nothing new [Swain and Draven]. Rivals are Katarina, Draven [Yes, he's both. Blame his ego], and Vladimir [Who's new but not exactly a shock]

Diana - Listed as Mt.Targon when she should be independent, as she left there and kinda killed the elders. Unless her exile counts as Riven-esque, and she's still loyal to Targon, just not it's current state. No association with Pantheon.

Mundo - May be listed as Zaun/Noxus, since he works in Noxus at times, his lore outright states it. Only friends with Mundo, because, as a red puts it 'he's... well... mundo'

Draven - Both friends and rivals with Darius.

Elise - Friends with LeBlanc and Vladimir for some unknown reason.

Evelynn - Rivals with Twisted Fate

Ezreal - 'Friends' with Lux. [Although Lyte [As in the Shopkeeper in the new map], and the teaser of the new champion suggest 'more then friends']. As well as Jayce and Caitlyn who before were never outright stated, but likely.

Fiddlesticks - Independent. Despite being locked in a room he never left, he is somehow friends with Shaco and more interestingly, Nocturne.

Fiora - Rivals with Jax is obvious. Rivals with Lux is not.

Fizz - Friends with Nami, confirming their link possibly. Rivals with Nautilus for an unknown reason.

Galio - Freinds with Poppy was known. Friends with Kayle and Shyvana was not.

Gangplank - Nothing new here, Rival; MF

Garen - Look closely, and you can see his header splash is actually slightly different in terms of background [Blue flags, not red]. Nothing new from his Friends/Rivals. I suspect he is one of those who simply ran out of room.

Gragas - Friends with Tryndamere now as well. A red posted that they are also drinking buddies. Jax is still there too.

Graves - Listed as Bilgewater. Only association is TF.

Hecarim - 'Freinds' with Mordekaiser was known. Yorick and Thresh? Not so much.

Heimerdinger - Listed as Bandle City, so will be Bandle City/Piltover. Nothing new on the Friends/Rivals.

Irelia: Friends: Karma, Rivals: Singed and Syndra, which while obvious were never stated.

Janna: Listed as Independent despite her lore saying she lives in Zuan, but supports Piltover. Friends with Lux for some unknown reason. This means her link with Karma is outright retconned, also makes little sense with her lore stating her support of Piltover.

J4: Nothing new here

Jax: Apparently Ionian now. Minor changes to the splash art. There is a figure in the background that looks similar to the upcoming champion. [Credit to Wincrediboy] Fiora is a rival.

Jayce: Friends with Vi/Ezreal/Caitlyn. Rivals with Viktor. No shockers.

Karma - Friends with Irelia and Lee Sin. Rivals with only Syndra, and not Singed for some reason. Noting a distinct lack of Varus.

Karthus - Friends with Mordekaiser and Thresh, but not Hecarim despite this duo. Hilariously, a rival to Soraka, probobly Wish v Requiem.

Kassadin - Listed as Void, when he is an enemy of it. Should be Independant. Only a rival of Malzahar

Katarina - Rival of Swain, guess she doesn't like Swain in power much. Explains Darius as a Rival to her too.

Kayle - Listed as Demacia, despite being Institute of War/Independant. Her lore outright contradicts this. Freinds with Galio. Rival: Morg.

Kennen: Bandle City, which is new since he left there at a very young age. Will be Bandle/Ionia. [Guess he goes back there to prevent insanity] Nothing new on the Friends/Rivals.

Kah'Zix: Nothing new, except the Kog/Cho friendships.

Kog'Maw:: Friends with Kah'Zix and Cho. [And Malzahar, due to a lore thingy]

LeBlanc - Friends with Swain and Elise. Not Veigar, despite her offering him a place in the Black Rose for his potential.

Lee Sin - Friends with Karma and Udyr.

Leona: Friends with Pantheon.

Lissandra - Trundle is listed as a 'Friend'. Brand, Aniva... and Udyr are chosen as her rivals, instead of Ashe/Sejuani. Yes, that's a mistake, Ashe or Sejuani are far more critical to Lissandra than Udyr. Sejuani is an enemy of Lissandra regardless of knowing her true self.

Lulu - Listed as Bandle City, despite being exiled from it and hasn't had that as her home for hundreds of years. Should be Independant. Friends with Veigar, which makes sense, when both are insane exiles of Bandle City.

Lux: Friends with Garen, Ezreal and Janna. Rivals with Fiora.

Malphite: Freinds with Maokai was known. Skarner was not.

Malzahar: Nothing new, hopefully will be Void/Shurima.

Maokai: Independant is correct, despite him being from the Shadow Isles. Note the inconsistency with other cases like Lulu. Rivals with Zyra. Interestingly no Shadow Isles rivalry.

Master Yi: Nothing new

MF: Nothing new

Morderkaiser: Friends with Hecarim and Karthus, note a lack of Thresh, despite Karthus and Hecarim being his friends.

Morgana: Listed as Noxus, not Independant, she's never been shown allied with Noxus.

Nami: Independant. Rivals with Nautilus, Friends with Fizz.

Nasus: Friends with Sivir?! OK, so I think we know that Sivir's Rework is *soonTM* and she's gonna be linked with Shurima. Rivals with Xerath, Renekton and Cass.

Nautilus: Listed as Bilgewater, not Independant. Rivals with Fizz and Nami

Nidalee: Independant. Freind of Udyr, likely because they are both attuned to nature. Rival of Rengar [He probobly hunts her... or they are rivals in hunting]

Nocturne: Friends - Blank Square [Should be Fiddlesticks], Shaco.

Nunu - Nothing new

Olaf - Volibear is listed as a Friend. This canot just be Winter's Claw stuff, or else Udyr would be there too.

Orianna- Despite being Piltover, is friends with Blitzcrank, from Zuan. Rival of Viktor.

Pantheon - Friends with Leona, no association with Diana.

Poppy - Listed as Bandle City, will be Bandle City/Demacia. Only friends with Galio.

Quinn - Nothing new, interesting lack of Lissandra as a Rival.

Rammus - Listed as Shurima. Seems like the Plauge Jungles are getting 100% retconned, since Nidalee had them removed from her lore. Interestingly a rival of Twitch.

Renekton: Listed as Shurima, despite being from another world and living in Zuan. Freinds with Xerath and Cassio, Rivals with Nasus [But not Sivir]

Funny how Renekton is more social-able than Nasus...

Rengar - Independant. Rival of Kah'Zix and Nidalee.

Riven - Listed as Noxus, although reds explain this is because she is still loyal to Noxus, just not how it is right now. Rivals with Singed, Swain, and interestingly, Varus. Was she involved in the slaughter of Varus' people?

Rumble - Freinds with Tristana, and, interestingly, Ziggs. Rivals with Heimerdinger [Lore] and Teemo [Tristana love Triangle]

Ryze - Independant. Rivals with Brand.

Sejuani - Nothing new, but interestingly not Rivalry with Lissandra despite as far as she knows, Lissandra being allied with Ashe. As far as I can see this is an error.

Shaco - Independant. Freinds with Blank Box [Fiddlesticks?] and Nocturne

Shen - Nothing new

Shyvana - Freinds with Galio

Singed - Friends with Warwick, despite Warwick = Singed mentor getting retconned. Also friends with Viktor. Rivalry with Irelia, Yi and Riven.

Sion - Listed as Zuan. Despite having nothing to do with Zuan. 'Noxian necromancers reanimated the behemoth to serve Noxus once again. '
Freinds with Urgot is new, Katarina makes sense since she recovered his body.

Sivir - Shurima. Freinds with Nasus, Rivals with Cass.

Skarner: Shurima, not Independant.. Freinds with Taric and Malphite.

Sona - Friends with Taric and Xin Zhao for unknown reasons. Especially as she can't speak to them.

Soraka: Rival of Karthus and Warwick

Swain - Rival with Riven personally. Everything else is known.

Syndra - Ionia, probobly should be Independant Rivalry with Irelia and Karma. Freind with Zed. [Reds said they do have similar visions, so this makes sense]

Talon - Nothing new

Taric - Is apparently Demacian now. Freinds with Skarner and Sona.

Teemo - Nothing new here, that wasn't already strongly hinted/outright stated before. [Trist freind, Veigar/Rumble Rivals]

Thresh - Freinds with Mordekaiser, Hecarim and Karthus. Thresh is a friendly fellow.

Tristana - Apparently a two-timeing cheat since she has both Rumble and Teemo listed as friends

Trundle - Ashe and Sejuani listed as Rivals. Lissandra is not listed as a freind, despite the reverse being true. Which means Lissandra legitimately is not just using Trundle...

Tryndamere - Freinds with Gragas. Expect the Rivalry to expand soon!

Twisted Fate - Apparently from Bilgewater now. Gotta wonder how he hasn't been found by Graves yet. Rivals with Graves and Eve.

Twitch - Friends with ZAC. Rivals with Rammus.

Udyr - Listed as Frejlord, but reds say he is Frejord/Ionia. Freinds with Nid, Lee and Sej. Rivals with Lissandra.

Urgot - Listed as Zuan. Should be Noxus first. Noxus/Zuan hopefully. Allies with Sion and... Viktor? 'Professor Stanwick Pididly made him, and he's the arch-enemy of Viktor! Why would Viktor be his ally?!. Enemies are nothing new.

Varus - Only a rival of Riven. No links to Ionia... or other Noxians. [Or a Rivalry with Ashe because both archers :V]

Vayne - Rivals of Warwick and Vladimir. Seeing her job, makes sense.

Veigar - Listed as Bandle City. Should be Independant or Noxus [Due to LeBlanc's offering to be part of the black rose and his exile.] Friends include Lulu But LeBlanc is missing.. Rivals is just Teemo. [Interestingly no Tristana]

Vi - Friend of Caitlyn and Jayce. Not also a Rival of Caitlyn.

Viktor - Friend of Blitzcrank and Urgot [See Urgot for why this is wrong]. Rival of Jayce and Orianna.

Vladimir - Friend of Swain?! Yet still a rival of Darius? Interesting, that means Vlad has probobly done something personally to Darius. Also Rival of Vayne.

Volibear - Ally of Sejuani and Olaf. Rival of Zilean [The great Armored Bear War]

Warwick - Friend of Singed, despite retcon. Soraka and Vayne are rivals.

WuKong - Friend of Yi and Ahri

Xerath - Friend of Renekton and Cassio. Enemy of Nasus. Somewhat shocked Ryze isn't linked to him actually, seeing as both are a type of rouge mage obsessed with power.

Xin Zhao - Listed as Ionia, despite having nothing to do with there. Freind of Garen, Alistar and Sona. None of who are Ionian, by the way.

Yorick - Friends with Hecarim

ZAC - Friends with Twitch. Oddly, despite his mission, not an enemy of Singed.

Zed - Friend of Syndra

Ziggs - Bandle City, Piltover confirmed to be added. Friend of Heimerdinger and Rumble... which is contradictory, but Ziggs does have some screws loose.

Zilean - Piltover, should be Independent. In fact mildly shocked he's not Shinuma seeing the apparent update to that place's lore coming, he'd fit right in. Rival with Volibear. Banner is Chinese Splash Art.

Zyra - Independent. Rival of Maokai.

===

Summary:

Major lore update to Shurima coming soon, likely involving the Sivir rework [May be just Visual/Lore, may be partially gameplay seeing as she is certainly not in a good place atm]. It will also involve Cassiopeia, Renekton, Nasus and Xerath. [As well as possibly Rammus and Skarner, seeing as they have been moved to Shurima]

There are some possible mistakes, either that or there will be lore updates for some characters, such as Xin Zhao, and Kayle.

There are some contradictions, such as Urgot being an ally of Viktor.

Riot seems to want everyone to be linked with someone. See: Arhi-Wukong, seems just so Arhi has someone to be linked to.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 02:04:00 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #941 on: May 10, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »
The single biggest error on that side is that Draven does not list Draven as Friend and Rival.

Draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaven.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #942 on: May 10, 2013, 03:04:34 PM »
Also the new champion is a melee carry.

With negative sustain when he actually wants to kill someone. [As if melee carries don't explode fast enough]

And no hard C.C at all [Which means he'd be a bad bruiser since all he'd do is walk at people, the occasional leap, ect.]

Yep. Nothing to see here. You'd think by now Riot wouldn't make another Yi/Trynd/Fiora/Quinn.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #943 on: May 10, 2013, 03:28:12 PM »
Nightmare, Shaco, and Fiddlestick. Nightmare crew comin for you!

Wasn't there a flash animation about them on Halloween about them trick or treating together?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #944 on: May 10, 2013, 03:36:35 PM »
i would guess that Xin was from Ionia before being taken prisioner by Noxus. I mean, just about everything Asian is Ionian, and it's plausible that he was taken during the war. It's also possible that Sona originated there too.

Also, I'm not interested in demonblade guy, but that might be because he's not Lucian.

EDIT: The orphanage where Sona lived was Ionian.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:41:24 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #945 on: May 10, 2013, 03:41:58 PM »
i would guess that Xin was from Ionia before being taken prisioner by Noxus. I mean, just about everything Asian is Ionian, and it's plausible that he was taken during the war. It's also possible that Sona originated there too.

Also, I'm not interested in demonblade guy, but that might be because he's not Lucian.

Sona actually is from Ionia, she was adopted by Demacians.

Nothing says Xin is from Ionia, however. Nothing.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #946 on: May 10, 2013, 03:42:59 PM »
Not-Illidan has to come out first - demon hunters gotta have a demon to hunt, yo. 

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #947 on: May 10, 2013, 03:50:07 PM »
Sona actually is from Ionia, she was adopted by Demacians.

Nothing says Xin is from Ionia, however. Nothing.

Nothing says he isn't, though, and him being from Ionia is pretty plausible.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #948 on: May 10, 2013, 03:55:39 PM »
Nothing says he isn't, though, and him being from Ionia is pretty plausible.

Or hes really from China and was brought to Runeterra via summoner magic.  :V

[Can Renekton even feel freindship?]

Rage driven alligator men need lovin too.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:56:53 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

« Reply #949 on: May 10, 2013, 04:22:05 PM »

Cassiopeia - The BIG ONE. Listed as Shurima, but reds have confirmed she is Noxus/Shurima, and they are adding some journey to this area as part of her lore. Freinds with Katarina, Renekton [Can Renekton even feel freindship?] and Xerath, indicateing she brings chaos to the region. Nasus is listed as an enemy as well as Sivir.
you mean she isn't still locked up in a room in her sister's (Katarina) house?
Fiddlesticks - Independent. Despite being locked in a room he never left, he is somehow friends with Shaco and more interestingly, Nocturne.
nocturn is more sensible actually, they were both summoning "accidents"
Katarina - Rival of Swain, guess she doesn't like Swain in power much. Explains Darius as a Rival to her too.
Swain possibly had her dad murdered and definitely usurped power when he died/went missing

Morgana: Listed as Noxus, not Independant, she's never been shown allied with Noxus.
but does live there, running a bakery
Xin Zhao - Listed as Ionia, despite having nothing to do with there. Freind of Garen, Alistar and Sona. None of who are Ionian, by the way.
Garen makes sense, as they both guard Jarvan III, Sona might be mute but can still communicate via music. He's still definitely allied strongly to Demacia though .

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #950 on: May 10, 2013, 05:05:10 PM »
Except Sinful Succulence Morgana is non-canon ._.

And Katarina dosen't know who killed her Dad [If he's even dead].

And yeah, Garen makes sense, Alistar has some logic [Similar backgrounds] and Sona... is Demacian. Unless Xin x Sona is a thing. Still nothing to do with Ionia, at least not enough to call Xin Ionian.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:07:08 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #951 on: May 10, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »
Oddest pair to me is Nasus and Sivir. If anything I thought Sivir would be friends with Nidalee.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #952 on: May 10, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »
Raikaria, I sincerely (and will profusely in the near future) apologize, but...

Arhi

Aniva

Kah'Zix

Zuan

social-able

Frejlord... Frejord

how could one possibly butcher the spellings this badly with the source material right in front of them?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #953 on: May 10, 2013, 05:34:38 PM »
Oddest pair to me is Nasus and Sivir. If anything I thought Sivir would be friends with Nidalee.

Sivir is getting a lore and visual rework so she's not just some random person.

It seems she's getting tied in with Shinuma. [That Desert place]

In fact, seeing they are also bringing Cassiopeia there, where she does something that makes her an ally of Renekton [Who also is not in Shinuma so far in the lore, only Nasus is] and Xerath, and also Rammus and Skarner [Screw the Crystal Scar!], it seems the Sivir lore/visual update will come with the next major area lore update: Shinuma.

Or however you spell that Desert place that only Malzahar and Xerath are actually from.

Note Riot have said Cassio is keeping her links to Noxus, this is something else. Probobly her transformation will no longer be 'Random guy with a sword in Frejorld'. [Which used to be an Ionian curse I think], but maybe some Shinuman relic, which makes more sense, seeing Snake, Desert... ect.

[Also if Sivir is now in the Desert does this make her even more of a Xena Expy, especially in that skin?]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:44:33 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #954 on: May 10, 2013, 05:48:26 PM »
Likely just gonna have to retcon her current lore then to turn her from a rich mercenary  to w/e reason she is involved with Nasus.

Connecting rich mercenary to green space dog doesn't fit for me.

Least with Renekton. Hes a freak connected to other freaks who want power.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:51:44 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #955 on: May 10, 2013, 05:57:32 PM »
Likely just gonna have to retcon her current lore then to turn her from a rich mercenary  to w/e reason she is involved with Nasus.

Connecting rich mercenary to green space dog doesn't fit for me.

Least with Renekton. Hes a freak connected to other freaks who want power.

Riot have said they want to tie Sivir in with something other than being 'Rich Mercanary person who is linked to nothing and no-one and is boring'. It's been known for a while Sivir's lore was getting changed totally.

This is probobly what they've decided.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #956 on: May 10, 2013, 08:16:28 PM »
i'm just gonna sum up everything here with

"raikaria didn't read the journal of justice so just ignore everything he says about the lore"

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #957 on: May 10, 2013, 08:17:22 PM »
So is it safe to assume that soon Shurima will be new Freljord?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #958 on: May 10, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »
i theorize that they're going to alter nasus and renekton's "other world" to just be shurima from the past

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #959 on: May 10, 2013, 08:26:14 PM »
i theorize that they're going to alter nasus and renekton's "other world" to just be shurima from the past

Would you say that they're not a fan of the whole "this champ is from another world" that a lot of the old champs have? First people that came to mind after Nasus and Renekton were Kayle and Morgana, and since for some reason Kayle is in Demacia...

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff