Author Topic: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming  (Read 162594 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming
« Reply #420 on: October 27, 2013, 12:31:01 PM »
>What weird interesting articles of Aya's have we read recently?
>"Is that the pokecomputer? I want to switch out some mons.
>"Reimu, what mons have you caught so far?"
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #421 on: October 30, 2013, 05:35:20 AM »
>What weird interesting articles of Aya's have we read recently?

> ?Neko Miko Reimu? and ?The Buddhists are coming!? come to mind, but the Hell incident was particularly memorable. She released a fairly hefty extra addition during that; ?9 tips for keeping hellspawn from stealing your children,? ?The oni invasion,? ?The Satori are back to steal our souls,? and ?Nuclear power will kill us all,? all in one issue. Then about a week later she released ?Nuclear Power is the future? and ?5 ways the Moriya shrine will improve our lives.? It was not hard to figure out when the mountain gods started sponsoring her.

>"Is that the pokecomputer? I want to switch out some mons.

> ?I guess so?? Reimu says. ?Go ahead and try; Eirin says it has some sort of teleporter magic in it, but for some reason it won?t let me teleport myself food from bed.?

>"Reimu, what mons have you caught so far?"

> ?None,? Reimu says. ?Never even left Gensokyo. Next time you decide to disappear, keep me in the loop, alright? Also, please don?t. Just because Yukari wants to purge Gensokyo of annoyances doesn?t mean I don?t need a couple tough humans to keep the annoyances in line.?

> ?There are plenty of youkai that would keep the peace if they needed to,? Nue starts.

> ?No, Nue,? Reimu says. ?The youkai start the incidents, the humans clean them up. Unless you want to actually help once in a while, I need the kleptomaniac and the cultist to pick up the slack. That?s how it?s always been, and that?s how it?ll always be.? 

> ?And that?s how it has to be this time too, I suppose,? Reimu sighs. She looks at her arm, then looks out the window, upon a clouded twilight sky, lit by an artificial sun. ?Dammit, I have to resolve this, don?t I,? she says.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #422 on: October 31, 2013, 10:19:21 PM »
>"Hey, have a little faith in my and Kaguya's ability to work together to solve this incident."
>Pfft, haha.
>"No but seriously, not everything is just your responsibility. Wasn't there a time when Yuuka worked with you and Marisa to solve incidents?"
>Acquire Reimu's phone number.
>Activate pokecomputer: check on piece of amber if that's something we can do.
>Store Crobat.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:25:23 PM by O4rfish »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #423 on: November 03, 2013, 02:49:55 AM »
>"Hey, have a little faith in my and Kaguya's ability to work together to solve this incident."
>Pfft, haha.

> “Just try not to burn both worlds down,” Reimu says.

> “Aw,” Nue says. “Tell you what, we’ll keep it down and only destroy Sinnoh.”

> “Works for me,” the shrine-maiden says. “Sinnoh’s the name of the planet overhead?”

> “Just the nearest one country.” Nue explains “We don’t really have a name for their planet yet, we can’t just call it ‘Earth’ after all.”

>"No but seriously, not everything is just your responsibility. Wasn't there a time when Yuuka worked with you and Marisa to solve incidents?"

> “Yes, let’s not have a repeat of that incident,” Reimu says, gazing outside. “You don’t want her in Gensokyo doing the things she did in Makai.”

> Reimu sighs. “The thing is, keeping Gensokyo safe is my responsibility.”

> “And you’ve done a good job,” Eirin says through the door. “And now, it’s your job to rest. Let someone else handle this one.”

> “Doc?” Nue asks, “You don’t seem the eve’s dropping type.”

> “What, you think I’d leave guarding Reimu to the rabbits?” Eirin says.

> You’d like to say Eirin is being a rude. You’d like to, but between keeping Reimu from discharging herself and keeping tabs on you, you’d probably have less respect for her if she wasn’t keeping tabs.

>Acquire Reimu's phone number.

> “635-6456, Remiu says. “Keep me in the loop,” Reimu says

>Activate pokecomputer: check on piece of amber if that's something we can do.
>Store Crobat.

> You look up Oreburg on the computer, and find a website. One of the tabs says “fossil pickup”.

> You click the tab, and a dialogue box says “Please place your pokedex on top of the teleportation module.” Soon after placing your machine next to the laptop’s rounded groove, a message pops up.

> “Dear Museum patron. Thank you for contribution one AMBER FOSSIL to the pokemon resurrection project. We have successfully cloned one AERODACTYL from the sample, and have placed it into yoru pc. We thank you for your contribution to our understanding of ancient life forms and fossil resurrection technology.

> You then go to your PC storage box, confirming the arrival of an Aerodactyl. You then place your crobat’s pokeball on top of the PC’s groove. As Reimu stares intently, you pokeball vanishes into thin air, appearing in the PC as a little Crobat picture. You place your dragonite in as well, making your current party consist of the following:

> Haunter
> Ponyta
> Charizard
> Lucario
> Registeel
> Ditto

> Your computer has the following pokemon:

> Beedrill
> Scyther
> Kingler
> Magikarp
> Seadra
> Fearow
> Koffing
> Koffing
> Koffing
> Weezing
> Golbat
> Golbat
> Crobat
> Aerodactyl
> Dragonite

> Reimu stare intently at your work on the PC, before asking, “Is that magic or technology?”

> “I’d say the two are indistinguishable here,” Nue replies.

>_
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:15:21 PM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #424 on: November 05, 2013, 10:18:03 AM »
Need some input from other players here. Would Dragonite be more useful than one of our current pokemon?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #425 on: November 05, 2013, 05:07:26 PM »
Need some input from other players here. Would Dragonite be more useful than one of our current pokemon?

> You expect to fight a number of aerial battles where only flying pokemon will be useful, but from what Reimu has told you there is also a strong possibility that you will be grounded from time to time.

> Haunter     - Intelligent, devious, and able to strategize independently of you. Can talk. Likes to cause trouble.
> Ponyta       - Close to evolution, synergy with your fire, provides grounded transportation upon evolution.
> Charizard  - Your first pokemon. Tough, provides aerial transportation, and is a fire breathing dragon.
> Lucario      - Can scout areas out and inform you of nearby threats and points of interest. Appears to have some mild form of telepathy.
> Registeel   - Tough as nails. Unbelievably hard to crack, though a bit slow.
> Ditto          - Can mimic the abilities of anything it sees for a short period of time.
> Dragonite  - Extremely fast, and can shrug off "Honest man's death."

> You consider asking Reimu and Nue for thoughts on what you should bring.

>_
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:33:37 PM by capt. h »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #426 on: November 05, 2013, 09:32:44 PM »
I'd say that while Ditto's versatile, it's not quite needed just yet. I'd say grab Aerodactyl and swap it with Ditto.
Most of our guys can handle both Sky and Ground combat. Especially Dragonite, Haunter, and Charizard.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #427 on: November 05, 2013, 10:31:04 PM »
I'd say that while Ditto's versatile, it's not quite needed just yet. I'd say grab Aerodactyl and swap it with Ditto.
Most of our guys can handle both Sky and Ground combat. Especially Dragonite, Haunter, and Charizard.

> You have your eye on that aerodactyl; you strongly consider replacing your ditto for it. You can't be sure what the pterodactyl can do until you try it out, but you can ask Cirno about hers. The only problem is that would put you at 7 pokemon.

> Currently, your party contains the following pokemon.

> Haunter
> Ponyta
> Charizard
> Lucario
> Registeel
> Ditto

> In the short term, you are seriously considering swapping out your Ditto , and are torn between

> Dragonite, and
> Aerodactyl.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #428 on: November 06, 2013, 12:02:48 AM »
Um, I'm not sure why we would use Aerodactyl when we have Dragonite. Also I don't think we should put away Ditto when we specifically asked for it.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #429 on: November 10, 2013, 11:53:34 PM »
You may change pokemon out still. Not 100% clear on the team decision, so sticking with current party until I hear otherwise.

> Your current team contains the following:

> Haunter
> Ponyta
> Charizard
> Lucario
> Registeel
> Ditto

> As you wonder where Tewi is hiding, you go over in your head the things you still want to ask Reimu, and since she’s nearby, Eirin.

> Eirin knocks twice on the door before letting herself in, announcing, “Dinner will be ready in fifteen minutes. Are you in any pain Reimu?”

> “No, I’m fine,” Reimu says casually, waving the doctor off.

> “Don’t try acting tough in front of me,” Eirin replies. “Or I may have to keep you here longer.”

> “It’s coming back a little bit, but it’s not bad,” Reimu says, “Just a mild ache.”

> “As expected,” Eirin says. “Reisen will be by with your evening medications.”

> “It’s not that bad,” Reimu says.

> “Only because your morning dose hasn’t completely worn off yet,” Eirin says. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a few small matters that require my attention” she adds, departing the room.

> “So Eirin,” Nue adds. “Did you get the list?”

> “My services aren’t for free,” Eirin says, “But I may… be able to provide a reasonable bulk rate.”

> You swear that almost sounded like charity coming from the good doctor.

> Options:
> 1. Do important things (calls, pokemon swaps, discussing strategy, other stuff, etc.)
> 2. Engage in pleasantries until dinnertime.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #430 on: November 12, 2013, 12:28:40 AM »
>"If we're going to team up with Kaguya, we should discuss strategies with her. "
>Find Kaguya and pester her

« Reply #431 on: November 12, 2013, 12:47:39 AM »
>Discuss the fine strategy of LEEEEROOOOOOY JEEEEENKINS!
>Then seriously talk about strategies.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #432 on: November 14, 2013, 02:36:09 AM »
>"If we're going to team up with Kaguya, we should discuss strategies with her. "
>Find Kaguya and pester her

>Discuss the fine strategy of LEEEEROOOOOOY JEEEEENKINS!
>Then seriously talk about strategies.

> You decide to excuse yourself from the room to go find Kaguya and discuss strategy, having absolutely no interest in peeking on her while she bathes and/or gets dressed, and definitely no interest in taking video of either act with your cell phone camera for future personal use.

> “Thought I’d tell her about our brilliant team charging maneuver,” You explain. “Of course, she’ll be the only one charging, but she won’t know that.”

> Nue pauses for a second. “Having a little private meeting with the princess?” she asks, emphasizing the “private” with a wink and a nudge. “I suppose fifteen minutes is just enough time for that,” Nue says.

> “Wait, you're saying…” Reimu says, the gears in her head turning.

> “I’m not saying anything,” Nue says with her smuggest smirk. “Just pointing out the obvious.”

> Reimu pauses as Nue continues looking smug, then adds, “And it really only takes fifteen minutes?” To which Nue responds only by keeping up her smile.

> You consider whether you wish to bring Nue along to discuss strategy with Kaguya before dinner.

>_
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:03:26 PM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #433 on: November 14, 2013, 05:50:59 PM »
>"Later, Reimu." Exit
>"Say Nue, I haven't seen Tewi anywhere. Do you know what she's planning?"
>Now that Nue is sufficiently distracted, go find a princess.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #434 on: November 16, 2013, 02:24:48 AM »
>"Later, Reimu." Exit

> You bid Reimu farewell as you leave to find the moonbi- …princess. The moon princess.

>"Say Nue, I haven't seen Tewi anywhere. Do you know what she's planning?"

> “Nope,” Nue says flatly.

>Now that Nue is sufficiently distracted, go find a princess.

> You realize that isn’t even close to enough to distract Nue, as the girl teases, “If you wanted private time, you could have just asked.”

> Rolling your eyes, you leave Nue behind, making a familiar path towards the princess’es quarters, fully confident she’s in another castle. As you proceed, you cannot shake the nagging feeling that someone is watching you. This feeling continues until your about 50 feet from Kaguya’s doorway, when the nagging feeling increases considerably.

> Kaguya’s room is at the end of the hallway, there is a door to the right containing Eirin’s living quarters, and one on the left for Reisen. There are a couple portraits lining the walls, including a suspicious life-size portrait of Tewi just past the door to Reisen’s room. Course, knowing Tewi, the fact that it’s suspicious could just as easily mean it’s harmless. There are also a couple of electric lights on the ceiling.

>_
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:09:00 AM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #435 on: November 18, 2013, 10:28:47 AM »
>"Hello Tewi."
>Assuming she doesn't respond, go down the hall and knock on Kaguya's door.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #436 on: November 18, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
>"Hello Tewi."

> No response.

>Assuming she doesn't respond, go down the hall and knock on Kaguya's door.

> You tread down the hall. As you pass Reisen?s door, you realize you?ve stepped in something sticky as you try to raise your left foot. You note the substance appears to be localized around Reisen?s door; the right half of the hallway is fine.

> Looking down, it?s hard to tell that there?s anything on the wooden floor other than polish. You?re having some trouble getting your foot off the ground as you hear a small giggle that you cannot quite locate.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #437 on: November 18, 2013, 10:02:28 PM »
>"Tewi, is this trap specifically for me, for Reisen, or anybody who happened to walk by?"

>What socks are we wearing, if any?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:06:02 PM by O4rfish »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #438 on: November 18, 2013, 10:18:28 PM »
>"Tewi, is this trap specifically for me, for Reisen, or anybody who happened to walk by?"

> The voice lets out a ?hmf?, but chooses not to answer your query.

>What socks are we wearing, if any?

> Thankfully, you are wearing shoes as opposed to being barefoot, so at least getting unstuck shouldn?t be too difficult.

> Yes, shoes. You know these people. Not stepping barefoot on poisoned needles takes priority over manners.

>_
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:20:09 PM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #439 on: November 18, 2013, 11:16:22 PM »
>"It's weird, you own the place but choose to act like a rebellious child. "
>Remove shoe, we'll have to see about getting a replacement later. Right now we have more important people things to do.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #440 on: November 18, 2013, 11:45:45 PM »
>"It's weird, you own the place but choose to act like a rebellious child. "

> A small voice from above responds, ?And you?re a rebellious child who acts like she owns the place.?

> That confirms it; she?s in the rafters above the ceiling.

>Remove shoe, we'll have to see about getting a replacement later. Right now we have more important people things to do.

> You ditch the shoe, choosing to fly to the other end of the hallway so you can do your important people, er, things before dinner. Testing the ground for more glue, you wind up touching down in front of Kaguya?s doorway.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #441 on: November 19, 2013, 12:10:03 AM »
>The beautiful princess was deciding what to wear. Her arch-rival was at her house, so she needed something nice but not too fancy. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. She opened it to find her rugged but handsome rival, who
>Argh, Mokou stop fantasizing!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #442 on: November 19, 2013, 02:37:20 AM »
>The beautiful princess was deciding what to wear. Her arch-rival was at her house, so she needed something nice but not too fancy. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. She opened it to find her rugged but handsome rival, who
>Argh, Mokou stop fantasizing!

> You absent-mindedly knock on the door through your not-fantasizing, as Kaguya calls out, “Eirin?”

> A moment later, you hear her scream as the lights throughout the hallway flicker. A small “Whoops" comes from the attic as Cirno charges out of Reisen’s room, barefoot as usual. The fairy steps in Tewi’s glue trap and immediately trips over herself, getting stuck flat on the floor as she yells, “Don’t panic! I’m here!”

> Immediately behind Cirno is Reisen, yelling, “Princess? Are you alright? What happened?” as the bunny promptly trips over Cirno. Spotting you, she yells, “Mokou? What did you do?”

> Will you try the doorknob?

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #443 on: November 19, 2013, 03:30:08 AM »
>Knock again. "Kaguya, you ok?"
>"Watch out for the floor there, it's sticky for some reason."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #444 on: November 19, 2013, 04:05:39 AM »
>Knock again. "Kaguya, you ok?"

> ?Mokou? No I am not okay! How the hell did you do that to the door?? Kaguya screams.

> ?Uh, I?m not sure I follow?? you respond.

> ?How the hell did you electrify it! I?ve never even see you so much as look at a battery and now you?re casting lighting through doorknobs? What else have you been keeping from me??

> ?Ooo, is that why all the lights dimmed?? Cirno asks.

> ?Um, probably not,? Reisen says. ?Not unless she hit a wire, and all the electrical stuff runs through the attic??

> ?Where the rats like to hide,? Nue adds gleefully.

> You look back to the entrance of the hallway, and see Nue popping her head around the corner, barely suppressing her laughter. ?Now why would I go looking for the rabbit, when the rabbit?s gonna come to you??

> You hear loud scampering noises from the ceiling as Nue stops holding her laughter back, going into full-on mocking.

>"Watch out for the floor there, it's sticky for some reason."

> ?I know, I know,? Cirno says, ?Hey Reisen, can you get off of me??

> As Reisen tries to get up, she finds some of her hair stuck to the floor, and softly adds, ?Sorry Cirno, not really.? She then faces you and says, ?A little late, but I appreciate the attempt. Hey princess, I think the door is clear!?

> ?Alright theAAAAAAAGH? You hear Kaguya scream again, as the lights dim a second time, this time going out completely.

> ?Or not, sorry!?

> ?I HATE ALL OF YOU!? Kaguya yells through the door, into the near-black hallway, filled with the uncontrolled laughter of one nue.

> Well, this rather puts a damper on the strategy meeting.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #445 on: November 19, 2013, 04:48:08 AM »
>Hm, if the lights are out, it's safe to open the door. Do so.
>Fire in other hand: one candlepower, for visibility.

« Reply #446 on: November 19, 2013, 10:33:43 PM »
>Blame Tewi.
>Then enter.
>If door gives us resistance, BURN WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #447 on: November 21, 2013, 04:54:23 AM »
>Hm, if the lights are out, it's safe to open the door. Do so.

> You feel a tiny spark as you touch the knob, but nothing more. It is very warm to the touch.

>If door gives us resistance, BURN WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!

> It was only a tiny shock, that seems like it might be excessive.

> On the other hand, you haven?t caused any house fires recently, so it?s not like you [i[need[/i] an excuse or anything.

>Fire in other hand: one candlepower, for visibility.

>Then enter.

> You cast about a candle?s worth of light, just enough to not trip over anything as you push open Kaguya?s door. The door bumps the princess, who in the dim light you find lying on the ground in her bathrobe.

> ?Hate? You?? she grumples. The princess smells just like she lost a battle to you.

>Blame Tewi.

> ?What can I say, tonight?s rabbit stew likes to play with wires,? you say.

> ?Yeah, this looks like her.? Kaguya says. ?Still hate you. And Tewi. And Reisen. And Nue. And especially Cirno.?

> ?What did I do?? Cirno asks from the floor between.

> Kaguya gets a little agitated as she responds, ?A week with you made me miss Mokou. MOKOU. Fairy, I doubt even you could stand yourself for a week.?

> ?Of course I could!? Cirno says indignantly.

> ?Oh, really?? Kaguya says, trying to get off the floor. She?s pretty unsteady, using the doorknob to support her just to sit up. ?Then which one of you would be leader??

> ?Why me of course!? Cirno snaps, before adding, ?Wait? uh, which me would be me??

> ?We?ll slice you down the middle and find out.?

> ?Course, if you go King Solomon on Cirno and it works, then we?d have to deal with two of her,? Nue says.

> ?Alright then, let?s do it!? Cirno exclaims.

> ?Um, could one of you help us up first?? Reisen asks politely.

> ?Nah,? Nue says.

>_
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:33:48 AM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #448 on: November 21, 2013, 05:36:09 AM »
>"Kaguya, you need to get dressed. We're having dinner soon, and I was hoping to have a strategy session with you. "
>Go help Reisen.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #449 on: November 22, 2013, 12:42:03 AM »
>"Kaguya, you need to get dressed. We're having dinner soon, and I was hoping to have a strategy session with you. "

> “Do you have any idea how hard it is to apply makeup in the dark?” Kaguya says.

> “Aw, stop being such a sissy,” Nue says, quickly giving herself Kaguya’s face alongside an absolutely regal pink Victorian dress. “Took me 3 seconds.”

> Kaguya demonstrates her own grace and dignity in response, by sticking her tongue out.

>Go help Reisen.

> You look over Reisen and Cirno. Reisen shouldn’t be too hard to help; she fell on top of the fairy, so it’s mostly here hair that’s stuck to the floor. A haircut and a good yank will hopefully do the trick. Unfortunately, Reisen’s hair is almost as long as Kaguya’s. Somehow, you don’t think the prospect of having her hair shortened by 2 feet with thrill her.

> Cirno will be harder. You may be forced to amputate her legs, cut off her arms, and ruin her dress to get her up. In the back of your head, you think Kaguya would be more than happy to perform this essential “service” for the ice fairy.

>_
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:07:47 AM by capt. h »