Author Topic: Touhou, TAS and Fraps  (Read 15554 times)

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Touhou, TAS and Fraps
« on: November 23, 2012, 07:16:29 PM »
Okay, this sounds like a really stupid question. For some reason, Bandicam (the tool I usually use for TAS) doesn't work with EoSD anymore. So, how do you lower the frame rate in Fraps without recording? Thanks.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Re: Touhou, TAS and Fraps
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »
Use this. :V
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 07:27:05 PM »
As far as I know, Fraps can't reduce like that (it sometimes forces the game to run at 30 FPS, but I think that's a glitch). I'd recommend you to use Cheat Engine. It's quite useful as you can also use cheat codes (e.g. raise rank, infinite lives) and it has a speed hack tool that allows you to change the FPS while the game still shows 60.

There's also Hourglass that has savestates and some kind of "replayer" that kind of clones the initial seed (?) and repeats your actions (as you can see in Kopiapoa's TAS videos), but it's really glitchy, and my game often freezes after I load the ~3rd savestate, and I couldn't manipulate the speed very easily.

So basically, if you just want to decrease the speed, go with Cheat Engine. :3

(Bang Jam just linked it right before I posted :V)

LadyScarlet

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 07:35:12 PM »
I do have Cheat Engine. I tried to use it to change my starting lives in Practice Mode for a more realistic experience, but it didn't work. Whether it was at the title screen or during gameplay, lives just always stayed at 2 (except when I tried it in the Extra stage just to see Flandre).

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 07:36:51 PM »
I do have Cheat Engine. I tried to use it to change my starting lives in Practice Mode for a more realistic experience, but it didn't work. Whether it was at the title screen or during gameplay, lives just always stayed at 2 (except when I tried it in the Extra stage just to see Flandre).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQLpnoyzDI
Example of something I did using the speedhack,

Also, I'll see if I can find the memory address where the lives value is stored because I haven't messed with cheat engine in EoSD yet.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 08:08:05 PM »
0069D4BA are lives, 0069D4BB are bombs, and 0069D710 is rank ("Max Rank" is the value 95, that makes the game a bullet shower). Though if you want to have a "realistic" experience, you'd have to enable the life/bombs code, enter the stage, and then disable it, or else you'll have that fixed amount of lives + 1 at the first time.

LadyScarlet

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 05:12:52 AM »
That's the thing. No matter what, it won't let me activate the bombs cheat or the lives cheat. Which is really odd, because the rank cheat works fine. Just epically failed Extra at max rank at 30 fps. It doesn't matter if I'm in a stage, nothing works except speedhack and rank.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 05:18:23 AM »
That's weird. It doesn't allow you, as in you can't choose values at all, or the set values doesn't affect the game? Could you show a screenshot with the windowed game and Cheat Engine shown at once?

LadyScarlet

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 05:28:55 AM »
So, now the chosen values don't affect the game. I used to not be able to change them at all. Is it because of Sizer, which I normally use to resize the game window?

And here's a screenshot,

Edit: Now the table crapped out on me. When I open it, I either get an error or no codes. Mind sending me a new copy please?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:45:18 AM by LadyScarlet »

Drake

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 05:46:46 AM »
Have you opened the process? Is the running process the same as defined in the table?

Lastly, you never activated the entries.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

LadyScarlet

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 05:58:59 AM »
Yes and yes. I haven't activated them because I CAN'T activate them! Not only does it not let me, the table also crapped out!

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 06:14:32 AM »
Looks like they're pointing to the wrong exe. Edit the adress and remove the ?????.exe+ (ignore the silly smiley, I gotta sleep now) part. It's supposed to look like the rank cheat after that (iirc it auto adds the two zeros at the start). That also looks like you loaded a table for a exe with a diff name...? (supposedly japanese, as the characters aren't showing up properly)

EDIT: Preferably re-link CE to the EoSD process as it seems off due to the rank code now showing the proper values, and the other ones are showing the values for the wrong processes (it's not supposed to show that absurd value at the value box. If anything, try to not load the table, and just add the two codes while properly linked to the exe (the way you made the rank code work).

(also, retexture pack ftw)

EDIT2: there's also another thing: don't just remove the ?????.exe+ if you want to use the table, but also replace the 29 for 69, or else the game'll keep refusing the code. I almost forgot about that, my bad.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 06:23:40 AM by Wriggle »

Drake

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 06:48:51 AM »
Yes and yes. I haven't activated them because I CAN'T activate them! Not only does it not let me, the table also crapped out!
If you can't activate them the answer to the second question is "No".

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 11:49:05 AM »
It seems Cheat Engine glitches with the file name 東方紅魔郷.exe, replacing it with ?????.exe (which causes that particular entry not to work) when you try to edit the entry. If it's displaying ?????.exe+something, what worked for me was removing the ?????.exe and adding 400000 to the other value. So ?????.exe+29D4BA becomes 69D4BA, ?????.exe+87B48 becomes 487B48, and so on.

Also, at the top of your Cheat Engine window, it's displaying th06e.CT. Normally the name of the .exe file is displayed there, not the .ct file, so I think you may not have correctly set Cheat Engine to the game.

Might as well attach my table; I think it has everything you need (see screenshot).
(Edit: I guess something went wrong with my table when I tried to add the rank address to it. It was working for me before.)

Note that if you're trying to TAS the game, using Cheat Engine for anything besides slowdown will most likely desync the replay. I have managed to get a few replays that sync, but only by modifying things at specific times, such as right before a new stage loads (doesn't always work for the first stage), and unlocking them right afterward.

(Also thanks Wriggle for the rank address)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:52:46 PM by Karisa »

LadyScarlet

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 03:50:43 PM »
The cheat table has no cheats on it. I tried associating it with the game, lolnope. Data error. How do I correctly associate the game to the table? Sorry for being a pain.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 08:34:15 AM »
Karisa's table isn't loading for me either. Try using the one I attached here. Note that it may have some superfluous entries.

LadyScarlet

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 04:10:50 PM »
That worked just fine. Do you have any other cheat tables? Because since this one worked so well, I would like all your others for any other games. Thanks!

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:25 PM »
There's this page with some trainers made with CE, but they only work if your game is named thxxe.exe, where xx is the game's number.

LadyScarlet

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 12:05:33 AM »
Broken link. :(

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 12:51:27 AM »
Dafuq, Doujin Style changes into Google whenever it's mentioned, what's this black magic. Anyway, here's a redirectioning link: http://tinyurl.com/touhoutrainers
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:53:21 AM by Wriggle »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »
DS, like Sankaku Complex, are two places which are Verboten or at least generally frowned upon 'round these here parts; the former because of piracy, and the latter for being the Otaku Daily Mail.

I get that you're trying to be helpful - just thought I'd explain the redirect reason.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."