Author Topic: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?! Version 2.04  (Read 102886 times)

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
Re: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?! Version 2.04
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »
>"I intend to request whatever aid that I can from the Dragon."
>Hmm, wouldn't whoever attacked Mayohiga have had to get past the Buddhist crew as well?
>Can we contact Chen in the same way? Maybe she isn't at Mayohiga right now?
>Can Reimu or anyone else detect our gaps as they form?
>If not, would it be possible to make one that would allow us to see or hear what is going on?
>How do we fancy our chances now against what we know of Reimu? How about at full power?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2012, 04:23:09 PM »
> "What happened while I was out? Any news from outside heaven?"

> Ask dragon same question, especially if Iku doesn't know.

« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2012, 04:28:46 PM »
>If the Dragon does not bring up Mayohiga ask it if it can look in and see what's going on and what happened to everyone.
>Can we tell if Ran's still alive or where she is through our link?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2012, 06:37:00 AM »
>"Not particularly but events require me to cut my rest short. Someone's attacking Mayohiga and I have a good idea who it is; now would be the time for that meeting with the Dragon."
>"Attacking? Is time not of the essence then? Should you not stop them? I can ask the Dragon to speak with you at a later day."

>_

« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2012, 07:38:03 AM »
>"That's precisely why I need to see the Dragon; if it's who I suspect I'm going to need the Dragon's help."
>Even if we go now, in our condition fighting Reimu probably will not end well.
>It's also a bit worrisome that Ran warned us off from going right to Mayohiga - she knows how much power we've recovered so she thinks that as we were before heaven, we wouldn't win. Ran's not stupid.
>Gapping ability
>Can Reimu or anyone else detect our gaps as they form? The small spying variety that is.
>To the Dragon's chambers - it wants to see us anyway and we really don't time for talking. Move on the double.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2012, 04:55:21 AM »
>"That's precisely why I need to see the Dragon; if it's who I suspect I'm going to need the Dragon's help."
>Even if we go now, in our condition fighting Reimu probably will not end well.
>It's also a bit worrisome that Ran warned us off from going right to Mayohiga - she knows how much power we've recovered so she thinks that as we were before heaven, we wouldn't win. Ran's not stupid.
>Gapping ability
>Can Reimu or anyone else detect our gaps as they form? The small spying variety that is.
>To the Dragon's chambers - it wants to see us anyway and we really don't time for talking. Move on the double.
>"I see..."
>Even in peak condition, a fight with Reimu probably wouldn't end all that well.
>You really do wonder what's happening there.
>You no longer feel the difficulty in manipulating boundaries as you did before, but you are feeling a bit weak.
>If you were to manipulate a boundary made by someone competent with them like Reimu, they would undoubtedly sense it. It may also be possible that someone simply sees your gap depending on where you open it.
>You continue towards the Dragon's chambers and open the doors.
>You can see the Dragon floating around the room. You also hear a voice enter your head.
>You seem troubled.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2012, 05:45:37 AM »
>"My home is under attack. My shikigami just warned me to stay away. I can't simply leave her, but although my powers seem to have returned, I'm still weak from my efforts in aiding you. And given who I believe the attacker to be, I don't think it would be a good idea to face her in such a state."

« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2012, 06:16:02 AM »
>Our powers are completely back? Can we just manipulate the boundary of energy to put ourself back in proper condition?
>Did we have any plans in place to deal with the event that a Hakurei went power mad?
>Do the gaps we use to spy on places fall under what Reimu can detect?
>What boundaries are the ones we know to manipulate them capable of sensing?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2012, 01:53:58 PM »
>"My home is under attack. My shikigami just warned me to stay away. I can't simply leave her, but although my powers seem to have returned, I'm still weak from my efforts in aiding you. And given who I believe the attacker to be, I don't think it would be a good idea to face her in such a state."
>Such a situation does sound rather dire, though I do not know how I could be of assistance. It is rather unfortunate that you do not have more time to rest if you are still weak.

>Our powers are completely back? Can we just manipulate the boundary of energy to put ourself back in proper condition?
>Did we have any plans in place to deal with the event that a Hakurei went power mad?
>Do the gaps we use to spy on places fall under what Reimu can detect?
>What boundaries are the ones we know to manipulate them capable of sensing?
>Effectively, yes.
>Such a process would end up consuming more energy than it produces.
>Did you?
>That would depend on where you want to spy on, though you aren't entirely sure of where Reimu has set up her own boundaries at this point.
>Such a thing would be related to sensory perception in general, which is beyond what you can safely manipulate.

>_
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:56:11 PM by Ran Yakumo »

« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2012, 04:22:32 PM »
>"I was hoping that you had a means to view Mayohiga from here."
>At least if we can see what's happening we can figure out how to operate.
>Do we need to actually be where Reimu has boundaries set up to break them? Can we just use a gap for a long distance boundary breaking.
>Do we have enough energy to spy on somewhere and gap people away? If the Dragon can view places at long distance, we can just gap everyone away and work on the Reimu issue when we recover a bit more.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2012, 09:32:06 AM »
>"I was hoping that you had a means to view Mayohiga from here."
>At least if we can see what's happening we can figure out how to operate.
>Do we need to actually be where Reimu has boundaries set up to break them? Can we just use a gap for a long distance boundary breaking.
>Do we have enough energy to spy on somewhere and gap people away? If the Dragon can view places at long distance, we can just gap everyone away and work on the Reimu issue when we recover a bit more.
>Is that not your domain?
>Being able to see what's going on would certainly make planning easier.
>You would still be gapping yourself to the boundary, defeating the purpose.
>Probably. Physical boundaries are the simplest, and therefore easiest, boundaries to manipulate.

>_

« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »
>"It should be. I'm might need to move it after this though; it's not much of a hidden home when everyone can find it."
>"Do you mind if a few of my guests end up staying here temporarily though?"
>Ah screw it. Create spy gaps to gain a proper look over Mayohiga and see what's up. If Reimu had time to set up boundaries to detect us, we'll deal with that when it comes. Mainly by just closing the gap on her.
>On that note make sure that our gaps aren't big enough for someone to slip through.
>If it comes to a fight there are how many fighters right now in heaven? We can hold our own.
>Ran did say not to come back but we don't need to do that to spirit away people.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2012, 06:25:56 AM »
>"It should be. I'm might need to move it after this though; it's not much of a hidden home when everyone can find it."
>"Do you mind if a few of my guests end up staying here temporarily though?"
>Ah screw it. Create spy gaps to gain a proper look over Mayohiga and see what's up. If Reimu had time to set up boundaries to detect us, we'll deal with that when it comes. Mainly by just closing the gap on her.
>On that note make sure that our gaps aren't big enough for someone to slip through.
>If it comes to a fight there are how many fighters right now in heaven? We can hold our own.
>Ran did say not to come back but we don't need to do that to spirit away people.
>I thought you cared not, since very few actually visit.
>I would prefer they be housed elsewhere. We really do not have the means to cater for mortals.
>You decide that you're not getting anything done without information and so open up a small gap through which you can look over Mayohiga.
>You see the village of Mayohiga mostly empty. There is, however, a red and white figure sitting on top of a small blanket drinking tea right in the middle of the village.
>This figure seems to be smiling and waving at you.
>Very few. Most celestials are unaccustomed to violence.
>Provided you know where they are, of course.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2012, 03:57:49 PM »
>We can speak through our gaps, right? Assuming we can: "Reimu. What are you doing in my home?"

« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2012, 04:45:09 PM »
>We're going to have to smack her at some point but we should still do it in style.
>"Now, now Reimu, I'm the one who's supposed to pop up uninvited at your shrine~ Or mansion now from what I've heard."
>How do we normally find Ran and Chen for when we decide to use them as spellcards?
>"I must ask you to return my guests though; we can't have a shrine maiden spiriting away people now."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2012, 06:12:48 AM »
>We can speak through our gaps, right? Assuming we can: "Reimu. What are you doing in my home?"
>Reimu continues to smile and look in the direction of your gap.
>"We see each other for the first time in how long and that's the first thing you ask me?"

>We're going to have to smack her at some point but we should still do it in style.
>"Now, now Reimu, I'm the one who's supposed to pop up uninvited at your shrine~ Or mansion now from what I've heard."
>How do we normally find Ran and Chen for when we decide to use them as spellcards?
>"I must ask you to return my guests though; we can't have a shrine maiden spiriting away people now."
>You do want to keep up appearances.
>"I thought so too. I was kind of missing you, and then I hear that you're around and you don't bother to visit me once!"
>You don't. They are simply summoned from wherever they are for a short period of time.
>"I haven't met anyone here though. Quite rude, your shikigami are. I make the time and effort to come give you a visit and nobody bothers to greet me at all."

>_

« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2012, 06:38:26 AM »
>"But I did visit. You simply weren't home so I had to go bother the rest of Gensokyo~"
>So Reimu's lying through her teeth - quite likely. Or Reimu's actually not the cause of the havoc. Extremely unlikely considering that she's the only one besides us who can mess with boundaries, but weirder stuff has happened. Interesting.
>"Then my followup visit got a bit delayed patching up the border; all those cracks were really just unsightly, and hidden in the most bothersome places."
>"Then there were all those incidents I ran into. For some reason the fairies are missing and everyone's more scared of you than normal. Something about a shrine maiden tax?"
>Can we simply keep them with us after summoning?
>Anyways, use our shikigami fetching spellcard to summon those two to us. Then make sure they stick around when the spellcard ends.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2012, 06:55:24 AM »
>"But I did visit. You simply weren't home so I had to go bother the rest of Gensokyo~"
>So Reimu's lying through her teeth - quite likely. Or Reimu's actually not the cause of the havoc. Extremely unlikely considering that she's the only one besides us who can mess with boundaries, but weirder stuff has happened. Interesting.
>"Then my followup visit got a bit delayed patching up the border; all those cracks were really just unsightly, and hidden in the most bothersome places."
>"Then there were all those incidents I ran into. For some reason the fairies are missing and everyone's more scared of you than normal. Something about a shrine maiden tax?"
>Can we simply keep them with us after summoning?
>Anyways, use our shikigami fetching spellcard to summon those two to us. Then make sure they stick around when the spellcard ends.
>"Oh, really? Sorry about that, then. I must have been busy."
>You wonder what the story is.
>"I thought you were the one doing that! I had no idea if you were around or not, but someone was going around fixing up those cracks. So it was you!"
>"Good work on that! Though I did want to talk to you about something related..."
>"Oh, the fairies? They're fine, you don't have to worry about them."
>"Tax? I have no idea what you're talking about. Unless you're referring to the donations."
>You cannot, unless you were to create a new set of spellcards.
>Do you still want to use your spellcards?

>_

« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2012, 01:59:47 PM »
>How long would it take to create a new spellcard that will keep them with us?
>How long can we keep them summoned?
>Now that have our powers back, can we detect anything else messing with the great border right now? Or any borders about Reimu?
>Is Reimu normally this cheerful? Ever?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2012, 02:09:37 PM »
>"A donation is something one chooses to give. From what I've been hearing, that's not the case here. People say that you attack anyone who fails to give you enough."
>"Let me be honest for a moment, here. The reason I haven't spent much effort looking for you is because I thought that any meeting between us would end with me having to fight you. If you truly haven't seen my shikigami, then I would imagine they are hiding from you."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2012, 02:15:56 PM »
>How long would it take to create a new spellcard that will keep them with us?
>How long can we keep them summoned?
>Now that have our powers back, can we detect anything else messing with the great border right now? Or any borders about Reimu?
>Is Reimu normally this cheerful? Ever?
>Not very long, half an hour at most considering you already have a similar spellcard, but you would need your tools first.
>About a minute and a half at most.
>You can still feel something interfering slightly with the Great Hakurei Border.
>You can see that there are several barriers wrapped over each other around Reimu.
>On occasion, Reimu can be quite cheerful. These occasions usually tend to coincide with parties or a sudden influx of money.

>"A donation is something one chooses to give. From what I've been hearing, that's not the case here. People say that you attack anyone who fails to give you enough."
>"Let me be honest for a moment, here. The reason I haven't spent much effort looking for you is because I thought that any meeting between us would end with me having to fight you. If you truly haven't seen my shikigami, then I would imagine they are hiding from you."
>"Technicalities. There's no need to worry about the small stuff."
>You see Reimu making a brushing motion with her hand, as if to dismiss your accusations.
>"What makes you think that a meeting would end in a fight? Aren't we friends? Are you trying to imply something about how I resolve incidents?"
>"I know, right? They're so rude! I mean, it's not like I don't know that there's at least five people around here, but none of them have bothered to greet me!"

>_
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:19:46 PM by Ran Yakumo »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »
>"They are afraid of you, Reimu. In fact, I understand that you already have attacked some of them. I found Byakuren and her followers sealed up within their temple, and they tell me that it was you who did this to them. It's only natural that they would think you would intend to re-seal them."
>"Reimu, I'm afraid that you need to stop taking people's money. Immediately. You also need to release anyone else you may have sealed away."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2012, 02:30:05 PM »
>"Going by what I heard, you should have more than enough funds to last the rest of your life, and leave a considerable nest egg for your eventual successor as well. So you really shouldn't even need more. And besides dear, if you found yourself running low on supplies, all you need to do is ask. I could easily get things from the outside world. I hear you've also developed a taste for the finer things, like caviar. You know that procuring even that is no trouble for someone like myself, so if you get a craving for that, and it happens to be a kind you can't get in gensokyo after the border is repaired, all you need do is ask."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2012, 09:11:42 PM »
>"They are afraid of you, Reimu. In fact, I understand that you already have attacked some of them. I found Byakuren and her followers sealed up within their temple, and they tell me that it was you who did this to them. It's only natural that they would think you would intend to re-seal them."
>"Reimu, I'm afraid that you need to stop taking people's money. Immediately. You also need to release anyone else you may have sealed away."
>"Attacked is such an ugly way of putting it. I made it so that they wouldn't have to worry about anything for a while, what's wrong with that?"
>"Don't think that's going to happen just yet. I did want to talk to you about something related though, which is why I made the trip to come visit. It would be nice if you could come over so that we could talk."

>"Going by what I heard, you should have more than enough funds to last the rest of your life, and leave a considerable nest egg for your eventual successor as well. So you really shouldn't even need more. And besides dear, if you found yourself running low on supplies, all you need to do is ask. I could easily get things from the outside world. I hear you've also developed a taste for the finer things, like caviar. You know that procuring even that is no trouble for someone like myself, so if you get a craving for that, and it happens to be a kind you can't get in gensokyo after the border is repaired, all you need do is ask."
>"It's not the money that matters, though it's certainly nice."
>"And, of course, you're so much nicer when you want something. Everyone is. I hate that, you know. Where was that offer two, three, four, five years ago?"
>"That's a bit disappointing. I thought that you'd be one person that would never resort to bribes."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2012, 09:25:58 PM »
>"If you have something important to tell me, Reimu, then tell me now."
>"I'll make it an ultimatum, then: release everyone you've sealed, cease all attacks on those who've been unable to pay you, and stop demanding money, effective immediately."
>"I am NOT in the mood for bullshit, Reimu. You will do exactly what I just said, and you will do it immediately, or else I will personally take action against you."
>If her reply is in any was uncooperative, open a viewing gap by her that shows her mansion, then gap in our train such that it plows through a corner of the mansion, causing only fairly little damage, before gapping it away again.
>"That was a warning shot, Reimu. Comply immediately."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2012, 09:55:52 PM »
>"If you have something important to tell me, Reimu, then tell me now."
>"I'll make it an ultimatum, then: release everyone you've sealed, cease all attacks on those who've been unable to pay you, and stop demanding money, effective immediately."
>"I am NOT in the mood for bullshit, Reimu. You will do exactly what I just said, and you will do it immediately, or else I will personally take action against you."
>If her reply is in any was uncooperative, open a viewing gap by her that shows her mansion, then gap in our train such that it plows through a corner of the mansion, causing only fairly little damage, before gapping it away again.
>"That was a warning shot, Reimu. Comply immediately."
>"I like talking about these things in person. Makes things a lot easier."
>"Or what?"
>"Scary, scary. But what will you do?"
>You open up two sets of gaps. One allowing vision from where Reimu is to her mansion. Another from the outside world to Reimu's mansion.
>You steal a train and launch it towards the corner of Reimu's mansion.
>"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!"
>You hear a loud crash as the train hits something. You open up a gap for yourself to see the aftermath, and see the mansion still wholly intact. You can also see the faint outline of a large barrier, you assume that this is what stopped the train.
>"... I think you're losing your touch."
>"Judging by your actions, you're not going to listen to anything I have to say right now, so there's no point to me being here."
>"If you change your mind, and feel like listening, you seem to know where to find me."
>"See you later, Yukari! Nice to see that you're still alive after all this time!"
>You see Reimu give you a wave before picking up her blanket and beginning to walk off.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2012, 10:33:54 PM »
>"I did tell you that was just a warning shot."
>"Reimu, I'll be honest again: I'm not willing to meet you in person right now because I think you're trying to lure me into a trap. If whatever you claim you have to say is truly important, say it now. Otherwise, I will assume this was a lie."

« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2012, 12:03:31 AM »
>Don't bother with that last comment. It should be quite obvious that we don't trust her right now; let's not give her ideas that we're afraid of facing her on top of that.
>"You might as well mention it now. Like I said earlier, I can't exactly visit you until I'm done with border repairs and there's still something interfering with it. I'd rather not end up spending another two years repairing it again."
>"I am certainly going to visit you sooner rather than later though; we do need to discuss just why you found it necessary to become a dictator. This is the kind of behaviour that you normally beat up people for after all."
>Honestly, what are we going to do with her. She's acting like a rebelling teenager except super-powered.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:05:23 AM by Darkoda »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2012, 12:11:24 AM »
>"And another thing, why can't you just take my kindness at face value for once? It gets boring with only a few people to enjoy the finer things with after all. The fact that you've developed a taste for the finer things is something promising. Once the border is is repaired and everything is back to normal, we can all enjoy ourselves with Tea, Caviar, and the like. I think I know a few things you might not have tried yet that would be perfect foods to commemorate the border's repairs with."
>Then chuckle a bit. "Look at me, I've started talking like Yuyuko already. I suppose that's a sign that proper peace will soon be at hand~"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2012, 08:38:04 AM »
>"I did tell you that was just a warning shot."
>"Whatever."
>Reimu waves her hand in your general direction as she continues to walk off.

>"Reimu, I'll be honest again: I'm not willing to meet you in person right now because I think you're trying to lure me into a trap. If whatever you claim you have to say is truly important, say it now. Otherwise, I will assume this was a lie."
>Don't bother with that last comment. It should be quite obvious that we don't trust her right now; let's not give her ideas that we're afraid of facing her on top of that.
>You decide against accusing Reimu of setting a trap for the time being.

>"You might as well mention it now. Like I said earlier, I can't exactly visit you until I'm done with border repairs and there's still something interfering with it. I'd rather not end up spending another two years repairing it again."
>"I am certainly going to visit you sooner rather than later though; we do need to discuss just why you found it necessary to become a dictator. This is the kind of behaviour that you normally beat up people for after all."
>Honestly, what are we going to do with her. She's acting like a rebelling teenager except super-powered.
>"And like I said earlier, I wanted to talk with you about that, but whatever."
>"I'll be waiting then."
>The super powered part is particularly annoying.

>"And another thing, why can't you just take my kindness at face value for once? It gets boring with only a few people to enjoy the finer things with after all. The fact that you've developed a taste for the finer things is something promising. Once the border is is repaired and everything is back to normal, we can all enjoy ourselves with Tea, Caviar, and the like. I think I know a few things you might not have tried yet that would be perfect foods to commemorate the border's repairs with."
>Then chuckle a bit. "Look at me, I've started talking like Yuyuko already. I suppose that's a sign that proper peace will soon be at hand~"
>"Like you're one to talk. I mean, you're just talking to me through that gap of yours and refuse to talk face to face. How am I supposed to trust that?"
>"Not to mention that you're not exactly known for being the most trustworthy person."
>"Or you're just getting old."
>You see Reimu shrug as she takes flight.

>_