Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... Volume 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom!  (Read 260058 times)

AnonymousPondScum

Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... Volume 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom!
« Reply #660 on: December 09, 2012, 04:09:25 PM »
When you're adding to your iTunes library and the progress bar says "Determining gapless playback information"...

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #661 on: December 09, 2012, 04:15:55 PM »
I've never been able to figure out what "gapless playback" is.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #662 on: December 09, 2012, 04:33:25 PM »
I've never been able to figure out what "gapless playback" is.

It's what makes it so that songs don't get an awkward pause between tracks when the songs are meant to play as a seamless flow.

« Reply #663 on: December 09, 2012, 11:39:32 PM »
You know your addicted to touhou when you have played all the modern games  for a total of 160  hours and still cant beat most of them without continuing

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #664 on: December 10, 2012, 04:43:18 AM »
In my religions of the world class we were talking about Shintoism. Folk Shintoism came up and I asked the professor if Youkai worship would be considered Folk Shintoism. He asked what I meant by youkai and I responded by listing Tengu, Kappa, Kyuubi, Tanuki (mythological obviously). Then he said, yes. Gee, I wonder why I asked that?  :V

Also we talked about Zoroastrianism and the word Parsee came up. double :V
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:47:34 AM by Yatakarasu »

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #665 on: December 10, 2012, 11:24:24 PM »
I was in physics class when all of a sudden my nose started bleeding. My first thought was "Funny, I didn't see anything cute." My second thought was of Chen.

Also we talked about Zoroastrianism and the word Parsee came up.

Whenever I hear Zoroastrianism or think of it, I think of Angra from Devil of Decline. Always.  :V
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #666 on: December 11, 2012, 12:04:05 AM »
Looked up "Kaizo Trap" On TVTropes. Found This hack.

Took about 3 seconds for me to recognize the music, and when i did, i immediately posted a comment. For the record, it's "The Ground is Yellow."

YEP. The guy used Touhou music in his hack!

The Kaizo Trap's actually EVERYWHERE in the hack, but Level 5 has a VERY nasty example at the end...

The video's Level 3.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
« Reply #667 on: December 11, 2012, 12:44:17 AM »
Looked up "Kaizo Trap" On TVTropes. Found This hack.

Took about 3 seconds for me to recognize the music, and when i did, i immediately posted a comment. For the record, it's "The Ground is Yellow."

YEP. The guy used Touhou music in his hack!

The Kaizo Trap's actually EVERYWHERE in the hack, but Level 5 has a VERY nasty example at the end...

The video's Level 3.
Hey, I've seen this before!! He also used Oriental Dark Flight and Cirno's Megamari stage theme in the same level, but I forgot which one...
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #668 on: December 11, 2012, 10:54:28 PM »
You don't know what you've got until it's gone...

CAUTION! CAUTION! The following post contains a rant about Apple's shoddy approval process, along with groaning about being scammed. Or at the very least left FEELING scammed.

So i used an app called Audio Exciter to listen to music. It brought up some of the not so obvious things in the song, allowing one to hear the background rather than just the obvious. Like in a song with a backup singer, you might be able to hear them. They offer a trial version for free, which I HIGHLY recommend you try. You won't believe the difference. You can turn off the enhancer for a few seconds just so you really appreciate the difference. But it only allows 5 minutes of enhanced play a day.

I shelled out $2.99 via in app purchase to remove the time limit and never regretted it. You think the Touhou soundtracks sound great on your phone now? You should have heard it in this app!

But with the most recent update, it all changed. Oh, don't get me wrong, it still works. The problem is, i was unexpectedly reverted to the trial version. Anyone who knowe what to do when you lost in app purchases? What do i do?
Quote from: Everyone At Once
"Press the button labeled 'Restore in-app purchases'
I tried that. And the real nasty shocker: It DIDN'T work. It didn't restore my full version. So now i feel scammed out of that $2.99. What do they want me to do, buy it again?
Quote from: Moneybags
Yes. That is exactly what i want you to do.
Butt out and go back to harassing Spyro, Moneybags!
But seriously, I used that app to play my music every day. It's hard to go back to the standard Music app after that. But until it's fixed, that's exactly what I gotta do....   
Listening to "WARNING!" in an effort to drown out my sorrow....
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:56:26 PM by Cybeast710 »

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #669 on: December 12, 2012, 07:05:17 PM »
Walking through the library to go to my human sciences class.

Walk past a semi-hidden shelf, one old-looking book was half-sticking out of the dark corner of the shelf. ''Bhava-Agra''

I pretty much stopped walking instantly and looked closer, and realised that, much to me disapointment, the book was titled ''Bhavad-Agrah''.

Bleh. Almost.

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #670 on: December 12, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »
Your subconscious trolled you.

Similar to that, in my Religions of the World class we talked about the Bhagavad-Gita.  :V

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #671 on: December 12, 2012, 07:47:36 PM »
Your subconscious trolled you.

Oh you. You've read my mind.

On a similar note, I was reading a book and there's this guy who's named Tenshi (admitedly, it's an actual japanese name) and despite him being a japanese man, I was just imagining him as a girl with long, blue hair. Made it all a bit awkward.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #672 on: December 13, 2012, 12:01:54 AM »
Touhou has been seeping into my schoolwork.

Today in tech, we had to make Excel pixel art. Using this picture as a reference, I made an 8-bit China!

In homeroom, we have to write a kids' book. I hope that they will grow up and find out I was writing a Touhou fanfiction about Sakuya getting exquisite tea for Remilia! >8D

When I illustrate the story using create.swf, I'll post it on here.

Also, this sounds REALLY stupid, but where did you guys get your pasu avatars?
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #673 on: December 13, 2012, 12:11:41 AM »
That Meiling is adorable. :3

And the glory of pasuhead is everything from here onwards. :3 :3 :3

Swiftwater

• Licking sweet bean paste, filled with sweet bean paste!!
  • You can even taste it on the outside...
« Reply #674 on: December 13, 2012, 01:02:27 PM »
My headphones just broke recently. I think of getting headphones that looks like Toyosatomimi no Miko's earmuffs.

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
« Reply #675 on: December 14, 2012, 06:21:22 AM »
I'm going around and watching these MMD videos where they're dancing. For some reason, I can't watch a full minute unless the model used is a touhou character, mainly Alice.
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #676 on: December 15, 2012, 12:42:02 AM »
I can't help but hearing some keywords as a reference to a random touhou theme, then humming it once I think of said theme.

Especially since I heard something really weird out of context while walking in the hallways in school  :ohdear:

Guy 1: Dude, you said nothing but the song!
Guy 2: I know, I know*blablabla*
Me: *hums Deaf to All but the Song* ......What the hell did that sentence even mean?

PJ

• jesus christ it's all over the walls
« Reply #677 on: December 15, 2012, 01:24:30 AM »
At around 20 seconds in, the spy straight up says: "I play Touhou!"

Either that or I'm going insane  :V
"I feel tr?s bon!"

« Reply #678 on: December 15, 2012, 04:28:44 AM »
Am watching the Speed Gamer's Mario Marathon, and at one point the chat was challenged with naming the hardest game they ever played...

Me: (too lazy to sign up and chat so I'm watching) Someone has to say Touhou. (someone says Touhou 8 )  Bah...play UFO and then see if you say the same thing!

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #679 on: December 15, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »
When you jailbroke your Wii for the purpose of adding Touhous to Brawl.

And recorded an Hour and a Half video of you and your bro duking it out with them. Which is currently in the editing queue.

Also... What in the name of Kanako is THIS ABOUT?

I've seen stupid Youtube takedowns in the past, but this takes the cake.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 02:04:09 AM by Cybeast710 »

« Reply #680 on: December 18, 2012, 03:24:47 AM »
I was playing Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn earlier and noticed one of the laguz holding a Satori Sign. Needless to say who I thought of.

And when I saw Ilyana I immediately thought of Patchy.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #681 on: December 18, 2012, 03:34:22 AM »
So I was sitting back in a theme park today, only to see a shirt with "Wind Kappa" on it.

Naturally, that leads to something along the lines of Aya-Nitori pairings.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #682 on: December 19, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
I tried to make a small touhou-themed presentation with animation once, and it fails. I needed to change it completely. Damn, how can I show the beauty of Japanese culture to my classmates!? :( Belgium sucks...
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #683 on: December 20, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »
Anyone ever play Pandemic 2?

It's a game where you have a virus, bacteria, or parasite (no really, those are the gameplay styles) that has infected one person, and you control it's symptoms so as to wipe out the entire population of Earth. Very hard, especially because of THIS:

Those guys ALWAYS close first, and good luck getting someone in. Once they close their shipyards, if you didn't get someone in, you've lost.

The reason i bring this up is that i got tired of naming my virus Battletoads and losing, so I picked Rumia as the name on a lark, or maybe rather a sparrow... haha.
And then I won...    Rumia wiped out humanity....
Wow. Does anyone else hear their consciousness saying "You Bastard" at me?

EDIT: When you apologize for almost hitting your friend in Gym with a basketball by saying: "I'm sorry about the bonus points, it won't happen again."

EDIT2: College Essays: Lafayette. "If you could create your own major or club, what would it be?" *has to work really hard to suppress urge to write about Touhou Project* Yeah, i wrote about a major in computer security instead.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 01:36:58 AM by Cybeast710 »

« Reply #684 on: December 22, 2012, 04:17:08 AM »
On my aunt's calendar, she had an appointment with a "Dr. Meihling" written.  Of course, my mind omitted the "h" at first and I had to do a double take.

« Reply #685 on: December 24, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »
I suppose it counts if I somehow got my whole family to like Touhou. And my siblings are quite good at it for their age really.

10yr brother successfully 1cc'd IN easy mode with border team (final A and B) and gets damn close to doing it on normal. He can give me a very good match in both PoFV (playing lunatic, btw) and Hisoutensoku, which is awesome imo :V

He is also kinda like my equal-opposite. The Reimu to my Marisa, Keine to my Mokou (other side of the pair; if you want opposite, he also likes Kaguya), Flan <-> Remi, Tewi <-> Reisen, the list goes on! I find this great in it's own way!

7yr sister is not quite as good at Soku, but with a little luck she can occasionally deplete one of my health bars. She lasts 1:20~1:50 on average in PoFV. Also lunatic because I'm too lazy to change difficulty between matches, but I guess on VS it's not a huge difference.

5yr sister, I admit, is not very good at Soku (sorry sis, this is not Brawl you can't be spammy :ohdear:) but for her to last average 0:50~1:05 on PoFV (still lunatic :getdown:) made me really happy for some reason :V Neither of the girls have attempted the single player games yet.

Parents are less good at shooting games, but they still both like it, for the music, artwork, story, etc. They might like Soku if I get the chance to teach them how to play. Whole family loves RPGs -> gonna get them playing Genius of Sappheiros or something.

May as well throw their favorites in too, which would be:
Brother: 1 Keine, 2 Reimu, 3+ ??
7sis: Sakuya
5sis: Cirno
Mom/Dad: Would like to know more characters before making a real decision~

So tell me, am I addicted enough yet or not? :getdown:

« Reply #686 on: December 25, 2012, 05:02:29 AM »
Was playing Dragon Quest V, which I just got for Christmas.  So one of the early quests involves going into the fairy's world in order to find an item that can summon spring before the winter cold never ends.  My first reaction is "I guess I'm playing PCB now...now where's the ghostly samurai who is going to cut me down along the way?"

danyun

• Accomplished Lurker
  • Hey
« Reply #687 on: December 25, 2012, 06:38:57 AM »
7sis: Sakuya

I approve of Sakuya love.

Earlier today my grandma was talking about how the Northwest seems to be fond of cucumbers. To which I said, "Must be a lot of kappa here! Who knew they lived outside of Japan?"
I like rain. Do you like rain?

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #688 on: December 25, 2012, 02:14:35 PM »
I suppose it counts if I somehow got my whole family to like Touhou. And my siblings are quite good at it for their age really.
I jelly. :o

« Reply #689 on: December 25, 2012, 03:28:17 PM »
Pre-post edit: Oops I started typing and I didn't stop. :V

I jelly. :o

I suppose it helps that my parents are both long-time gamers, so naturally my siblings and I got into it as well.

They'd probably have never found Touhou though, so I'm taking all the credit for being the one interested in Japanese things. :V And so, my addiction has spread to everyone.

It might not work for everyone, and some families are, unfortunately, very strongly anti-japanese (can apply to anti-anything really) and so would ignore it completely. Something I would never agree with, but it happens. But if you think you've got even half a chance, I'd recommend anyone to try and get their family and/or friends into it, as long as you don't force it on them as that tends to backfire and drive them away.

Something as simple as "Hey, check out this cool picture I found!" or "Hey, try listening to this! Found some pretty nice music." can get some amount of interest, without being too much at once.

You can try to target their interests too I suppose; if I had a friend who loved vampires I might show them the Scarlet sisters. Really this is so easy. We've got mikos, witches, puppeteers, maids, vampires, bookworms, fairies, bugs, birds, rabbits, immortals, phoenix, cats, foxes, zombies, (half-)ghosts, mouses, captains, various gods, things who's true form is unknown, drunk onis, jealous people, people in a bucket, musicians, mind readers, hell ravens, mokou, etc etc etc (ignoring all technically correct names because they don't usually care)

Things like [F: "Hey *name*, what're you playing?" You: "Oh, it's a pretty fun shooting game I found. Wanna watch?"] kind of things can work too, as long as you don't scare them away with 9001FPS Lunatic runs or something. :getdown: Let them watch easy mode or something, because if they say it looks too easy you can just go up from there.

Well I dunno why I started typing in the first place but I better stop before this becomes a huge wall of text. :V [/randomaddictingadvice?]