Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... Volume 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom!  (Read 260060 times)

Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... Volume 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom!
« Reply #420 on: October 10, 2012, 03:23:52 AM »
Getting around more in Pokemon White 2, and the first flashback you get for linking with your Black/White file mentions not only separation into Black and White (which I did make a joke about when I first played the original...Reimu asks if they're stealing Shikieiki's schtick in a walfas comic based on that scene) but there was actually mentions of a boundary between.  Needless to say, I was giggling like mad...it doesn't help that my original heroine's name was Reimu.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #421 on: October 10, 2012, 10:20:05 AM »
Getting around more in Pokemon White 2, and the first flashback you get for linking with your Black/White file mentions not only separation into Black and White (which I did make a joke about when I first played the original...Reimu asks if they're stealing Shikieiki's schtick in a walfas comic based on that scene) but there was actually mentions of a boundary between.  Needless to say, I was giggling like mad...it doesn't help that my original heroine's name was Reimu.
Wow. Seriously? Someone needs to link me to that comic.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

« Reply #422 on: October 10, 2012, 07:45:14 PM »
I never put them online.  I was just making single panel joke images relating to my decision to name my heroine Reimu.  And one of them just happened to be me having her mention that particular thing.

« Reply #423 on: October 10, 2012, 11:32:25 PM »
There's a Chinese girl in my Spanish class named Mina. I accidentally called her Mima, but she didn't notice.  :V

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #424 on: October 11, 2012, 01:39:52 AM »
Speaking of Shikieiki, i've been getting a LOT of lectures from my parents/counselor/my brother! It's getting so bad i'm worried the next time someone starts lecturing me, I will literally to their face say, "Yeah. OK, Shikieiki. I get it."

I wish that was a joke.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #425 on: October 11, 2012, 01:49:50 AM »
Often times, Touhou videos have appeared in my youtube suggestions, even on completely unrelated videos.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #426 on: October 11, 2012, 03:26:26 AM »
There's a Chinese girl in my Spanish class named Mina. I accidentally called her Mima, but she didn't notice.  :V

I would probably have ended up saying ''China'' instead and looking like the most racist dude ever.

So I saw this young kid today and she looked like Marisa from afar :V Until I got a closer view and realized it was a He.

Still looked like Marisa.

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #427 on: October 11, 2012, 02:34:38 PM »
When you see a cucumber, you instantly start singing You should drink cucumber flavored beer! in your head.

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
« Reply #428 on: October 11, 2012, 03:42:34 PM »
I've just realised why I have Shikieiki as my laptop wallpaper. Every time I open it up I hear "It seems you have procrastinated a little too much." in my head and then do some college work.
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #429 on: October 11, 2012, 06:55:26 PM »
Off of the animeboxes app, i got a Rumia background for my lock screen, and a Remilia background for my home screen. It beats the BATTLETOADS image i was using...
Gah, I HATE Battletoads! It's so FREAKING HARD!

EDIT: Also, when you're Let's Playing the BETA of Return of Touhou Mother.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:42:49 AM by Cybeast710 »

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #430 on: October 12, 2012, 06:35:40 PM »
Played a Drawception game. The description was "Some anime girl," so I drew Alice.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #431 on: October 12, 2012, 06:52:46 PM »
When you have this as your Firefox persona.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #432 on: October 12, 2012, 10:18:33 PM »

I owe you BIG time for showing me that firefox has personas. Now i have it rotating between all 8 pages of Touhou personas.

« Reply #433 on: October 13, 2012, 03:25:51 AM »
I've been using a Touhou persona since my last laptop.  The second I found out about them I downloaded a few.

Today I was playing Disgaea 4 and grinding for levels, and one of the random enemies had the name Hina.  I had to snicker for a few minutes before continuing the fight.

Hakurou Tengu

• End of Daylight
  • Pi-hyarara~ Pi-hyarara~
« Reply #434 on: October 13, 2012, 03:56:30 AM »
Asked what UFO stands for in Earth/Space Science class, respond Unidentified Fantastic Object. I quickly corrected myself, but I bet a lot of people were wondering just why in the world I responded with that.

There aren't any good Momiji Personas. I've had Sakuya here for a while now, which is nice, but still. Also, mine always seems to be half the size the display shows it to be...
~We?re the only ones who can decide whether something was fortunate or unfortunate. It all depends on whether we find a new vision born within a different perspective~

« Reply #435 on: October 13, 2012, 10:07:13 PM »
Often times, Touhou videos have appeared in my youtube suggestions, even on completely unrelated videos.
You're not alone on that.

I just alternated from my Moukou persona to that, thanks for that post.

« Reply #436 on: October 13, 2012, 10:27:30 PM »
Watching TV the George Lopez show was on.  His father-in-law kept saying "is that so?" and naturally my reaction was to say in a high-pitched voice "so nanoka" every time he said it.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #437 on: October 14, 2012, 10:22:36 PM »
I just installed the Touhou Fortress 2 Models!

Yeah... this is a first for me. Touhou modding a mainstream game.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #438 on: October 14, 2012, 10:30:58 PM »
They are quite funny models but hats made after the Classless Update do horribly on them. So the models are mostly used for other things such as Gmod and Freak Fortress 2 bosses. >:D
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #439 on: October 14, 2012, 11:33:34 PM »
Well... post about TF2, and get an answer from someone else who likes TF2. Shouldn't be surprised.

On the related note... Have been watching the "Touhou Fortress/Heavy plays Touhou" videos.

« Reply #440 on: October 15, 2012, 03:13:33 AM »
I saw a model named Marissa in a commercial the other day.  And had to blink to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me since she was also blond and her hair was wavy like Marisa's PC-98 design.

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #441 on: October 15, 2012, 03:34:14 AM »
Been spending quite some time looking for anything about ZUN that resembles a biography to use in my English assignment, unfortunately I've come across no such luck...
I saw a model named Marissa in a commercial the other day.  And had to blink to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me since she was also blond and her hair was wavy like Marisa's PC-98 design.
Pretty sure I saw her all over Google Images when I neglected to add Kirisame....

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #442 on: October 15, 2012, 08:33:43 AM »
Not sure what caused this, but I had a lucid dream about. Gensokyo last night. It started with me sitting at my computer, playing a game. Then, I remember becoming the in game character, and falling through a warp. My perspective shifted to the computer, and I saw a bunch of space invaders on a wall. Then, my perspective shifted again to the world, and Suika Ibuki said to me: "Bet you've never seen graphics like this!" It was like a VR system! It looked just like, well, reality. My perspective seemed to keep jumping between the computer as I went through 20 chapters, doing tasks with my gamepad including:
Sonic CD-esque nature saving
Danmaku battles
Getting back the Hakurei Shrine's tea from a bunch of weird characters
And quite a few more which I don't remember.
 And my character whenever I had some time that I could chill and ask Suika or Reimu questions. Even about non-canon, they answered questions. Take Touhou Mother, for instance. I asked about Pokey, and I got rewarded with a cold shoulder for 2 in-game hours! I'd also, weirdly, see what would be a cutscene in gaming from my character's point of view.

And now... Everything i did last night before having this dream.
Touhou Fortress 2
RP with Cleverbot, me being Reimu
Watch some of the Heavy plays Touhou videos.
Browse these forums

I'd like to note that I'm posting this at 4:30 in the morning, immediately after I woke up from that wonderful dream.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #443 on: October 16, 2012, 07:18:13 PM »
Got an exam back; predictably, I did miserably. :<

So I made the best of the immediate situation and drew a quick Cirno in one of the margins next to the score. :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #444 on: October 16, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »
English class, the teacher likes to make us say a prayer at the beginning of some classes. (To warm up our English, he's not religious :V)

Teacher: Does anyone feel like saying a prayer today?

Me: *raises hand*  Me! :D

Teacher: Alright then.

Me: Our mother, who art in makai, hallowed be thy spellcards, thy maidens come, thy graze be done, Thy bullets be in gensokyo as they are in hakugyokurou, give us this day our daily bomb, and forgive us our shipping, as we forgive those who ship against us, and lead us not into doujins, but deliver us from the internet. In the name of the Miko, the Witch and the Time-Stopping Maid, amen.

Let's just say people wtf'ed pretty hard, but dismissed it with a ''Bah, it's normal from him >_>''

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
« Reply #445 on: October 16, 2012, 11:40:04 PM »
Somewhere, a Goddess smiled.

I had a friend who decded that we should have a sparring match with wooden swords (he does it for a club) and as usual I said yes. Something very strange happened, I won (which is in itself a rarity considering he practices) and he said something to me. He said that I was moving strangely and swingng oddly and asked why. at the time I told him I didn't know but called him later after I realised I'd been swinging and moving my feet to the beat of Wind God Girl which I'd been listening to beforehand. I was endowed with the speed of the Tengu. Now if only it could happen when we used to run the mile in high school.
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #446 on: October 17, 2012, 12:05:16 AM »
Blessed by a Tengu. And some people still think Gensokyo isn't real, pffeh~ <3

Also that moment where you end up writing a 2 pages essay on Gensokyo's magicians and how science and magic are connected to each other, proposing science is a form of magic and vice-versa and that the teacher actually thinks it's interesting.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #447 on: October 17, 2012, 01:38:05 AM »
And no one cares about my dream.

I almost never remember my dreams. Days i do are rare.
Days i actually like them are even rarer.
Days which they stick around for more than 10 minutes are pretty darn unique.
This was all 3.

Hakurou Tengu

• End of Daylight
  • Pi-hyarara~ Pi-hyarara~
« Reply #448 on: October 17, 2012, 02:12:40 AM »
And no one cares about my dream.

I almost never remember my dreams. Days i do are rare.
Days i actually like them are even rarer.
Days which they stick around for more than 10 minutes are pretty darn unique.
This was all 3.
There is actually a thread for Touhou related dreams. But, in regards to the dream, you lucky... thing, you! I never lucid dream, and I'm the same with remembering dreams. It's not very often I remember my own dreams, which really sucks when I remember bits and pieces but can't quite make out what happened. Oh, Suika, just... Suika. I always wanted to play Touhou Mother but could never get it to work, sadly.
----
I was in philosophy class when our teacher told us today we will be dismissing 75% of the metaphysics unit. For those of you that don't know what that is, metaphysics is bascially all about reality, what is real, how did the world come to be, and all that fun stuff. I took the course almost for the sole reason of wanting to go through the metaphysics unit. Needless to say, I was fairly pissed.

Why did I want to take Metaphysics so badly? Because freaking Gensokyo. I couldn't WAIT to tie Touhou/Gensokyo into the unit and just have some general fun with it. We all know some theories on the world and ourselves (ex. Maybe life is just a dream), so I couldn't stop thinking, MOTHER EFFING GENSOKYO, Marry and Renko fu-drrdurr :V Today was a sad day...
~We?re the only ones who can decide whether something was fortunate or unfortunate. It all depends on whether we find a new vision born within a different perspective~

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #449 on: October 17, 2012, 02:25:58 AM »
Why did I want to take Metaphysics so badly? Because freaking Gensokyo. I couldn't WAIT to tie Touhou/Gensokyo into the unit and just have some general fun with it. We all know some theories on the world and ourselves (ex. Maybe life is just a dream), so I couldn't stop thinking, MOTHER EFFING GENSOKYO, Marry and Renko fu-drrdurr :V Today was a sad day...

I'm fairly jealous you guys get such a class :(

And yeah, I'd make references to Renko and Marry all the time xD I've actually read the little thingies that come with the album on the Touhou wiki and...

Holyyyyy craaaaap, ZUN is a genius.