Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184542 times)

Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2012, 09:52:55 AM »
A: Invite Kogasa to join the party.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
Wait, find Yuyuko? What?

D, just because I want to know what the heck Yuyuko has to do with anything (unless that would take too much time, in which case, A).

Haha, D was just a joke option. You know, like heading to the Underground was. Maybe I should stop giving you these.

A: You HAVE already noticed her, and it's probobly a good idea to hear if she caused any trouble anyway. [Or managed to scare Sanae, who we let Kogasa stay just to do because of youkai attacks to make a point]

A. "You look happy!"

Kogasa notices you and jumps a little. Apparently you surprised the karakasa. Upon your comment, she begins to speak quickly and excitedly.

"I surprised someone! And not just anyone, I surprised the youkai hunter! But she wasn't happy about it. Maybe it was too cold? She sure screamed loudly. Then she started whacking me with her stick... I had to get out of the village before she'd stop chasing me and hitting me. Wait, you're not mad that I was in the village, are you?"

A: Invite Kogasa to join the party.

Kogasa stops speaking and stares at you for a moment, curious. "A party? Where are you going?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2012, 02:32:49 PM »
> Underground.

> You get to be bait!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2012, 05:11:32 PM »
> Underground.

Kogasa grows more excitable, if possible. "And you're taking me with you? This is so shocking! Up until now, I thought you didn't like me much!"

You expect more exclamation points from her in the future.

> You get to be bait!

Suddenly Kogasa realizes that you have more sinister motives in bringing her along.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2012, 06:08:33 PM »
>"It's more that I don't like it when you cause trouble in the village."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2012, 06:14:22 PM »
>"If you would leave your antics at the gate, then I'd have a better opinion of you. Since you don't actively harm humans beyond the repercussions of your foolish antics."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2012, 06:30:39 PM »
>"It's more that I don't like it when you cause trouble in the village."

Kogasa grins. "Well, I'm not trying to cause trouble, I'm just trying to surprise you! But you're too eagle-eyed for it to be easy..."

>"If you would leave your antics at the gate, then I'd have a better opinion of you. Since you don't actively harm humans beyond the repercussions of your foolish antics."

Headtilt. "Why would you want to harm humans anyway? If you did that, then you couldn't surprise 'em!"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2012, 07:08:38 PM »
> "Ask Rumia."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2012, 07:16:06 PM »
Kogasa nods. "Okay!"

You have now reached the blowhole. It's dark. Your choices:

A. Enter Blowhole
B. Turn back now, mortal
C. Have Mokou light fire so it won't be dark
D. Find Eiki
E. None of the above, make your own

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2012, 07:21:58 PM »
A and C

And E: Have Kogasa go in first, as an umbrella she's probobly pretty immune to illness anyway. [And she could surprise someone!]

[Have I made it MoTK canon that Rumia knows Kogasa or something 0_0]

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2012, 07:29:46 PM »
A and C

And E: Have Kogasa go in first, as an umbrella she's probobly pretty immune to illness anyway. [And she could surprise someone!]

[Have I made it MoTK canon that Rumia knows Kogasa or something 0_0]

[Yes, yes you have. Good job.]

Well, you ACE'd the choices there (hehe), and Kogasa gladly jumps down once you ask her if she can check if there's anyone to surprise down there. It doesn't take long before you hear a startled "Hyaa!?" Mokou, lighting her hand on fire without much effort, dives down afterwords, and you dive down behind Mokou caving everything in sight, especally Mokou.

You see a blonde woman dressed in brown and yellow, rubbing her head with Kogasa standing triumphantly behind her. There's also a bridge in the far distance and a long white string hanging from the ceiling above the woman. You can probably guess what just happened.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2012, 07:49:33 PM »
[Yes, yes you have. Good job.]

Well, you ACE'd the choices there (hehe), and Kogasa gladly jumps down once you ask her if she can check if there's anyone to surprise down there. It doesn't take long before you hear a startled "Hyaa!?" Mokou, lighting her hand on fire without much effort, dives down afterwords, and you dive down behind Mokou caving everything in sight, especally Mokou.

You see a blonde woman dressed in brown and yellow, rubbing her head with Kogasa standing triumphantly behind her. There's also a bridge in the far distance and a long white string hanging from the ceiling above the woman. You can probably guess what just happened.

> "Happy Kogasa?"

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2012, 07:55:12 PM »
> "Happy Kogasa?"

Kogasa beams and nods. "That's twice in one day! I'm gonna be the best karakasa ever!"

The yellow-brown woman slowly stands, still rubbing her head. "I didn't plan on there being anyone else here... particularly not a karakasa. But then, neither did I expect to see a pair of humans. What business do you have in the underworld? And can you give a good reason why I shouldn't just infect you here and now?" Now that she's actually standing up, Kurodani Yamame actually looks somewhat... imposing? Or is it just that she's a spider, and so gives off that generally creepy feeling?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2012, 08:21:57 PM »
> If we feel direct threats are the right way:

> Simple, if you infect us, two things will happen. One, we'll tell everyone about you being surprised by a little karakasa. She has a bit of a reputation of not surpriseing anyone above ground, you'd be a laughing stock. Two, my freind here will incinerate you if you lay a hand on me.

> Otherwise, we can call on the likly fear of the Oni's power:

> I bring a gift for Yuugi from Sukia. Do you want to get in the way of the Deva's business?

> Of course, I'm open to other suggestions that are less threat-based. I just think she'll be most responsive to fear. Animals run when in danger, unless cornered, or protecting something,
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:24:14 PM by Raikaria »

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2012, 03:02:35 AM »
I'm going to leave this particular fork open a bit longer to get more votes. In the meantime, I shall have plenty of entertainment staring at Raikaria's avatar.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2012, 03:38:07 AM »
>Didn't we bring a gift for Yamame?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2012, 03:40:34 AM »
>Didn't we bring a gift for Yamame?

The BOTTLE OF WINE (not to be confused with the BOTTLE OF EXPENSIVE WINE) in your inventory was, when bought, meant for Yamame. Whether it's still meant for her is up to you.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2012, 03:45:05 AM »
>"I apologize for my companion's actions. Surprising people is simply in her nature, and there's little that can be done to change this."
>"As for our business, we are merely heading to the Ancient City. We've never been before, and I must admit to being extremely curious about it."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2012, 04:01:46 AM »
>"I apologize for my companion's actions. Surprising people is simply in her nature, and there's little that can be done to change this."
>"As for our business, we are merely heading to the Ancient City. We've never been before, and I must admit to being extremely curious about it."

Yamame harrumphed. "Well, the last human to come down here certainly had a different attitude. Blasted me before I could even really say hello. I should warn you, if you're going to go to the Ancient City, you'd better be ready to fight. A large concentration of oni means you won't make it a block without getting caught in the crossfire somewhere. Are you sure you can handle something like that? You look more like a scholar than a fighter, to be honest."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2012, 04:17:49 AM »
>"I may be a teacher, but I am also the Human Village's protector. I can handle myself."
>"Besides, have you ever had to handle a classroom full of rowdy children? Makes fighting off a few youkai seem easy."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2012, 04:28:21 AM »
>"I may be a teacher, but I am also the Human Village's protector. I can handle myself."
>"Besides, have you ever had to handle a classroom full of rowdy children? Makes fighting off a few youkai seem easy."

Yamame chuckles. "Try thousands. I have. I'll allow you through this way, I suppose. If only for the novelty of seeing non-oni in the Ancient City. Please don't die in there, I'd hate to lose a potential meal so pointlessly."

With that, she steps aside, opening the pathway to the bridge in the distance.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2012, 04:32:41 AM »
>"Thank you."
>Onward!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2012, 04:42:08 AM »
Your small little group heads up to the bridge, where you see a blonde girl staring at you. You stop as Parsee Mizuhashi slowly stands up. She begins to speak, slowly and calmly at first, but begins to build up towards a crescendo.

"You come here? And you even bring friends... I want friends too... I'm jealous... aren't you jealous? I want you to be... there's so much to be jealous of. Even if you can't think of anything, I can. Jealous of the clear blue sky and those who fly in it. Jealous of the brightly-lit city and those who party there. Be jealous, human. There's so much that you don't have, that others do. Doesn't that stir up feelings of envy? Tendrils of jealousy? Surely you are feeling it now. Drown in jealousy!"

As she speaks, you get a growing feeling of... want. Wouldn't it be great to, instead of just protecting the village, take it over? You could be the Empress of the village that way. They'd certainly do far better under your rule than they do now. Or even better, you could take Mokou's immortality. You could use it far better than she is. And you know how. She wouldn't even expect it. Just one stab, take out her liver... your hand starts to move toward Mokou's unprotected back.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2012, 04:44:58 AM »
>Focus. We knew this would be coming. We can deal with it.
>Dash up to Parsee and give her the disobedient-child treatment. Meaning headbutt her.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2012, 05:02:15 AM »
>Focus. We knew this would be coming. We can deal with it.

You take a deep breath, calm yourself, and focus your mind against the waves of envy being thrown at you. Calmly withdrawing your hand only seems to make Parsee angrier. "Why won't you respond!?" she demands. "You could have everything you want if you just give in to jealousy and act on it! Everything! Why will you not just take it!?" The waves of envy seem to be growing stronger, until...

>Dash up to Parsee and give her the disobedient-child treatment. Meaning headbutt her.

You run up and bash Parsee in the face with your head. She stumbles back, and you feel your head clear as the waves of envy cease. Parsee's not out yet, though, and if you give her a chance to recover she may deliver another, stronger assault. Mokou is behind you, grinning, and Kogasa is whimpering. It seems that Parsee's assault hit Kogasa particularly hard, but had almost no effect on Mokou.

Parsee is currently dazed.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2012, 06:48:29 AM »
> Be unsurprised that Mokou is either used to jelousy, or has nothing to be jelous about due to her nature.

> Try to not be surprised by Kogasa's state. She wins if you do that.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2012, 07:04:17 AM »
>"Do not try that again."
>Strike again, then move on while she's still out of it. Help Kogasa along if she needs it.

« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2012, 08:27:09 AM »
>Shake head to clear off effects of Parseeness.
>"Kogasa, you okay?"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2012, 01:37:09 PM »
> Be unsurprised that Mokou is either used to jelousy, or has nothing to be jelous about due to her nature.

You're hardly surprised that Parsee's having no real effect on Mokou. Mokou told you at some point in the summer that up until very recently, the only thing anyone else had that she wanted was the ability to die. Once you convinced her that living was fine too, she didn't really have anything to be jealous of.

> Try to not be surprised by Kogasa's state. She wins if you do that.

You decide that if you're surprised at Kogasa's current emotional state, she wins. This is rather odd reasoning, but you must always be careful when dealing with a karakasa.

>"Do not try that again."
>Strike again, then move on while she's still out of it. Help Kogasa along if she needs it.

>Shake head to clear off effects of Parseeness.
>"Kogasa, you okay?"

One more headbutt and Parsee may as well be knocked out. You're pretty sure she's conscious, but only barely. You shake your head once more to clear your mind, and check on Kogasa. Aside from a little more whimpering, she looks up at you, almost in tears. "I suddenly... had an urge to take my umbrella and... but I wouldn't do that... would I?" She slowly stands up, though, and brushes a bit of dust off her umbrella before walking with you toward the large city in front of you.

(EDIT) The Ancient City certainly is big. Despite its size, there actually don't seem to be too many people at the entrance. As you walk through, however, you quickly find out why. Everyone's gathered in front of what looks to be a soba stand, and a small (five-foot or so) oni is running around yelling and collecting bets. "Yuugi Hoshiguma vs. Kuromaru! And to make it a fair fight, Yuugi's even going to hold a sake bowl while fighting, and promises not to spill the thing! Place your bets! You could double your money here!" A number of the oni around seem to be grinning, like they know something that most of the oni don't.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:29:16 PM by IdiotsOpposite »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2012, 03:37:36 PM »
> Get the weird feeling that Yuugi holding a sake bowl and not spilling it is no handicap. She is an oni after all.

> [If this can't be done, have Kogasa get the feeling. She breaks the 4th wall anyway]