Author Topic: E3 2012 Thread  (Read 25426 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: E3 2012 Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2012, 05:56:41 PM »
Man Nintendo fans still amaze me
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2012, 05:59:43 PM »
Don't care, Paper Mario is happening.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2012, 06:10:19 PM »
Man Nintendo fans still amaze me
This.

Also another article on E3's fans loving all the overdone violence, supposedly.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »
Yeah, I feel the same way as everyone else. Nintendo started good but got pretty meh near the end. I was hoping for a last minute reveal at the end, but only got more Nintendo land.

3DS content hopefully will deliver the goods.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2012, 06:18:06 PM »
Nintendo land is essentially the Wii Sports of the console.

ALSO HERE'S A PRETTY SIGNIFICANT WIIU TITLE THAT THEY FORGOT TO TALK ABOUT
IT'S BY PLATINUM GAMES.  PLATINUM GAMES.  The guys behind everything from Infinite Space to Vanquish to God Hand to Bayonetta to the upcoming Anarchy Reigns.

THEY DON'T MAKE BAD GAMES AND THIS LOOKS AMAZING

Also expect a Shin Megami Tensei 4 announcement at the 3DS conference apparently!?
-That it feels like. :/
-P-100 looks like hella fun, interest get!
-SMT 4, huh?I thought SJ was SMT4 Will it be balls-to-the-wall hard like SJ? I don't know if that'll be a good or a bad thing, SJ was a bit of a slog for me...

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
                                                                                   .

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2012, 09:50:20 PM »
Oh snap, Vita doesn't interest me, but this news does. Vocaloid getting popular in the US is always an exciting thing when you're a part of the fandom.

Or not, since the law of popularity...

Oh well =V
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2012, 10:45:13 PM »
another article

Hopefully if they cheer loud enough there will be less baby games and garbage at E3

Vocaloid getting popular in the US is always an exciting thing when you're a part of the fandom.

Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:46:50 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2012, 10:49:26 PM »
PROJECT DIVA F IS GETTING A US RELEASE

Hey, I can finally play one of-

VITA!? 

* Jq1790 flips the nearest table and walks away in a huff
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »
and then out of nowhere ubisoft saved e3

and the trailer

goddamn it's like deus ex but in a really near future
Dear God.  It's games like this that come out of seemingly nowhere that make me love E3.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2012, 11:54:16 PM »
-SMT 4, huh?I thought SJ was SMT4 Will it be balls-to-the-wall hard like SJ? I don't know if that'll be a good or a bad thing, SJ was a bit of a slog for me...

Strange Journey was hard?

Hey, I can finally play one of-

VITA!? 

* Jq1790 flips the nearest table and walks away in a huff

What's wrong with the Vita except for its exorbitant price?  ???

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Jq1790

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2012, 12:24:46 AM »
What's wrong with the Vita except for its exorbitant price?  ???
Not a system I ever planned on getting.  Still don't, but a friend's trying to sway me.  I don't even KNOW its price.  How exorbitant is it?  That'll make a BIG impact on if I even think about it at all.

Edible

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2012, 12:31:11 AM »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2012, 12:33:50 AM »
Not a system I ever planned on getting.  Still don't, but a friend's trying to sway me.  I don't even KNOW its price.  How exorbitant is it?  That'll make a BIG impact on if I even think about it at all.
It's $250 USD for the Wi-Fi version, which is a bit less than a console right now. I think it's worth the investment, there's some nice games on the Vita, but it's up to you if you really want to play them on the go.

Strange Journey was hard?
It was for me... :< But I should be a bit better at it now that I've pretty much broken Nocturne. :V

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2012, 12:57:42 AM »
AHAHAHA WHAT

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/05/hatsune-miku-bringing-synthesized-vocal-music-gaming-to-north/

PROJECT DIVA F IS GETTING A US RELEASE
...so basically you're saying I have to buy a vita now :colonveeplusalpha:

...although this article doesn't really say anything about it actually being localized

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2012, 12:59:13 AM »
Lol handheld consoles in 2012
                                                                                   .

Edible

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2012, 01:01:22 AM »
...so basically you're saying I have to buy a vita now :colonveeplusalpha:

...although this article doesn't really say anything about it actually being localized

Yeah after further consideration it doesn't actually say it's getting localized, the dude just mentioned finding it in Sony's booth.  The whole "bringing synthesized vocal music gaming to North America" title threw me off, as well :v

Jq1790

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2012, 01:43:42 AM »
It's $250 USD for the Wi-Fi version, which is a bit less than a console right now.
$250?  Hahahahaha-NO.  Maybe if it hemorrhages another $100 I'll look at it.  A shame, it does seem possibly worth getting too, but with that kinda pricetag I could get a PS3(Or a 3DS and some games if I'm not mistaken) at this point, so...

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2012, 02:14:07 AM »
$250?  Hahahahaha-NO.  Maybe if it hemorrhages another $100 I'll look at it.  A shame, it does seem possibly worth getting too, but with that kinda pricetag I could get a PS3(Or a 3DS and some games if I'm not mistaken) at this point, so...
Given how quickly the 3DS got a price drop, I wouldn't be surprised if the Vita did the same. I'm not saying it's certainty, though.

You may want to wait and get the Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation bundle later, since it comes with a 4 GB memory card (and the aforementioned bundle), and those things can be expensive (100 bucks for 32 GBs? NO THANKS).

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2012, 03:37:18 AM »

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2012, 05:50:25 AM »

IIRC, the hardware alone for each Vita costs like $160. If there's a price drop it probably won't go below $200. However, Sony has previously sold video game systems at profit losses (original PS3 saw a profit loss of $240 per unit sold, and the slim version lost $36 per unit sold), so it's not impossible that they'd do the same.

I reaaaally really like Vita. My friend has one, and I'm always tempted to buy one. Once a price drop happens, I'll most likely buy a one. It has nice hardware, lots of games I like, and is region free. Seriously, fuck region-lock.

Also, hyped for Miku.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2012, 06:22:14 AM »
is region free
It's 'everything else'-locked though :derp:
                                                                                   .

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2012, 06:50:10 AM »
IIRC, the hardware alone for each Vita costs like $160. If there's a price drop it probably won't go below $200. However, Sony has previously sold video game systems at profit losses (original PS3 saw a profit loss of $240 per unit sold, and the slim version lost $36 per unit sold), so it's not impossible that they'd do the same.
The 3DS is apparently being sold at a loss after its price drop, and yeah, Sony did it as well, so it's likely.  I don't forsee it happening anytime soon though - if they did plan to sometime shortly it would have been announced at E3 (that doesn't mean it won't have dropped by the end of the year though, just don't expect it within the next couple of months)

I reaaaally really like Vita. My friend has one, and I'm always tempted to buy one. Once a price drop happens, I'll most likely buy a one. It has nice hardware, lots of games I like, and is region free. Seriously, fuck region-lock.
Region lock is my one issue with my 3DS.

I know my roommate is loving his Vita, but that's mostly because he never owned a PSP - so picking up a Vita gave him access to all the stuff he'd been missing on PSP.  For me... I mean I more or less like the system but there's only two actual Vita games I've bought - the mandatory Katamari purchase, and BlazBlue CS Extend.  ...Though to be fair, CS Extend has gotten more playtime from me than CT and the original CS release combined and I'm still constantly playing it, simply because portable fightan game.

Either way, outside of P-100 and Pikmin 3, there isn't much that has been announced at E3 that has gotten me terribly excited - I'm more excited over the things that have been shown off and confirmed for coming out very soon that we've been waiting for (Fuck yeah we're finally getting a new Paper Mario) or various games already known about with new trailers (Persona 4 Arena, FF Theatrhythm, etc).  Otherwise, I'm interested but not super excited for several things? (The two new NSMB games come to mind here)

But if they announce FE13 for NA at the 3DS conference tomorrow I will officially lose my shit.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2012, 08:11:55 AM »
wat

You mean to say the Vita isn't expensive for a handheld? idgi

For me, it's definitely expensive. I've never bought any new consoles or handhelds since the DS and the PSP1000 because I am too poor for it.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2012, 02:45:23 PM »
I'm apparently the only creature on the planet who genuinely likes the Wii U tablet, more so than the Pro controller.

Also shame on you all for not mentioning Rayman Legends. Everything from 3:50 and onwards blew me away.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2012, 03:10:39 PM »
I haven't been paying too much attention to this E3, but yeah, I did catch the Rayman Legends presentation. Pure awesomeness. :dragonforce:
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2012, 03:12:09 PM »
I'm apparently the only creature on the planet who genuinely likes the Wii U tablet, more so than the Pro controller.
Yes.
                                                                                   .

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2012, 03:36:05 PM »
Yes.

What I want to know is: why? Why is the general consensus that the Wii U tablet is terrible? I mean, we've seen what a bit of controller innovation can do before. Just look at the original Wii's success. And simply looking at what the tablet can do I can only see great potential. The DS made use of two screens as well, and produced many great games using that feature. Why would the same not apply with the Wii U?  The size doesn't seem that bothersome to me, and the extra buttons make it much more suitable for shooters, fighters etc. And remember, everyone hated the Wiimote when it was revealed, but it did very well in practice.