Author Topic: TouhouGaea: Strange Neighbors (Sanae Route)  (Read 98355 times)

Re: TouhouGaea: Strange Neighbors (Sanae Route)
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2012, 06:30:25 AM »
>"Actually, I think you're from a different Earth."

>"Whoa, I think you really HAVE been hit on the head little lady." Gordon states with exaggerated worry.
>"ALTERNATE POSSIBILTY, GORDON." Thursday drones, coming to your defense. "THIS WOMAN COULD BE FROM ONE OF THE NEW COLONIES, DESIGNATED 'EARTH'. THIS COLONY MAY NOT HAVE BEEN REGISTERED WITH EDC MAINFRAME PRIOR TO OUR DEPARTURE."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »
>"Couldn't be, I was a long ways off when you crashed. And, um, I don't think I came from any colony. I'm pretty sure I'm from The Earth, not a Earth. We've been there for thousands of years."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #242 on: March 02, 2012, 01:55:03 PM »
>"Also, get used to impossible things. They tend to happen frequently here."

« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2012, 01:57:02 AM »
>"Couldn't be, I was a long ways off when you crashed. And, um, I don't think I came from any colony. I'm pretty sure I'm from The Earth, not a Earth. We've been there for thousands of years."

>"Also, get used to impossible things. They tend to happen frequently here."

>"LOGICAL FALLACY, MISS SANAE. IMPOSSIBLE THINGS ARE, BY DEFINITION, IMPOSSIBLE." Thursday informs you. Sure, he may be wrong, but a debate with a robot's worth a lot of points. "HOWEVER, EVENTS THAT ARE HIGHLY IMPROBABLE DO OCCUR."
>"Mmmm, you think this is the case here, Thursday?" Gordon asks his counterpart. "HYPERSPACE NAVIGATIONAL OVERLOADS COULD HAVE RESULTED IN CATAPULTING US BEYOND ALL CHARTED AREAS OF THE UNIVERSE. STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF THERE BEING A SECOND PLANET CALLED EARTH WITH HUMAN POPULATION: 0.00000019472%"
>Gordon massages his chiseled jaw for a moment, thinking. It seems to take him a little more effort than others. "So, did your ship crash here as well, little lady?" he asks you.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #244 on: March 03, 2012, 03:18:58 AM »
>"Nope! The gods I'm the shrine maiden for-one of whom I'm descended from-moved the shrine here to get more faith."

« Reply #245 on: March 03, 2012, 04:06:00 AM »
>"Nope! The gods I'm the shrine maiden for-one of whom I'm descended from-moved the shrine here to get more faith."

>Gordon gives you a strange look. "YOU? A demigod?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #246 on: March 03, 2012, 04:44:16 AM »
>How DARE he doubt us!
>Fine, then, we'll just proove it!
>Summon a gust of wind to blow him into a nearby object. But not the robot. Don't want to hurt the robot.

« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2012, 02:59:18 PM »
>How DARE he doubt us!
>Fine, then, we'll just proove it!
>Summon a gust of wind to blow him into a nearby object. But not the robot. Don't want to hurt the robot.

>NOBODY questions your divinity, spaceman with a robot or not! And those who dare earn themselves a well-placed dose of PROOF.
>Extending your hand outwards, Gordon suddenly finds the wind before him change from a gentle winter breeze to a "Dorothy's leaving town" blast of air. His heroic pose does him no good against your righteous outrage, and he is sent careening backwards arse over teakettle. He bounces and springs off the rocky terrain until coming to rest, upside down, against a sizable piece of broken granite, looking thoroughly disshevelled.
>Kogasa comes out from behind her hiding place and floats over to you, coming to rest in midair just behind you, sticking her tongues out at Gordon. "Surprised? That's what you get for doubting Sanae-chan!"
>Hatate is a little less enthusiastic as she pauses in her photo shoot of the wrecked ship. "Eesh, Sanae." she states, with a thin grin. "Let him have it pretty good, didn't you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #248 on: March 03, 2012, 03:11:25 PM »
>"See?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #249 on: March 03, 2012, 03:21:56 PM »
>Glance at Hatate(And her flunky) and Kogasa with a suitably hammy smile. "That's what he gets for doubting me~!"
>Grin. "Bouncy, isn't he?"
>Le shocked! "I wonder if he's like that kid from the manga I used to read?! Y'know, the one with all the pirates!"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2012, 01:49:22 AM »
>"See?"

>A pair of lights on Thursdays chest blink, yellow and green. "BEEP BEEP BLIIIP BEEP. MAGICAL SCANNER DID NOT REGISTER A SURGE OF POWER. HOW WAS THIS FEAT ACCOMPLISHED?"

>Glance at Hatate(And her flunky) and Kogasa with a suitably hammy smile. "That's what he gets for doubting me~!"
>Grin. "Bouncy, isn't he?"
>Le shocked! "I wonder if he's like that kid from the manga I used to read?! Y'know, the one with all the pirates!"

>Kogasa giggles. "Now he knows better!" Hatate, for her part, snaps a quick picture of the suitably-chastised defender of Earth. Whatever Earth he hails from.
>"Fuu, make a note." Hatate commands her minion. "'Defenders of Earth' bounce when confronted by high wind blasts. Repeatedly."
>"What kinda manga was that, Sanae-chan?" Kogasa asks enthusiastically. She likes when you regale her with stories of the outside world.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2012, 02:03:27 AM »
>"It was the power of a living god!"
>Pose.
>"Hey, Thursady, why do you always say 'blip' and 'beep'? I'd expect you to make the sounds, not say the words."

« Reply #252 on: March 05, 2012, 04:32:30 AM »
>"It was the power of a living god!"
>Pose.
>"Hey, Thursady, why do you always say 'blip' and 'beep'? I'd expect you to make the sounds, not say the words."

>Reaffirming your status and power though an appropriate boast/pose combo, you then pause and have a look around for incoming retribution from Kanako-sama. None appears to be in evidence. Must be having an off day.
>"VOCAL IDIOSYNCRASY PART OF MY PROGRAMMING. I WAS BUILT THIS WAY."
>"Yes..." Gordon pipes up, still upside down with his legs dangling over the rest of his torso. "Jennifer has a strange sense of humor." To his credit, he doesn't sound as out of sorts as he looks.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #253 on: March 05, 2012, 04:40:08 AM »
>Why would there be incoming retribution from Kanako?
>"Who's Jennifer? Did she build the robot?"

« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2012, 05:57:47 AM »
>Why would there be incoming retribution from Kanako?
>"Who's Jennifer? Did she build the robot?"

>Kanako-sama has tried for years to keep your more dramatic impulses in line. Obviously with little success. You don't think she actually WANTS you to be as disciplined as she is, but she doesn't want you to get TOO carried away, either.
>"AFFIRMATIVE." Thursday replies. "MISTRESS JENNIFER WAS MY CREATOR."
>"And my sidekick!" Gordon strains as he rights himself. "Thursday is one of her many creations!"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2012, 06:12:30 AM »
>Okay, we have GOT to meet this woman.
>"SHe builds robots? Where is she? I want to meet her?"

« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2012, 08:08:17 AM »
>Okay, we have GOT to meet this woman.
>"SHe builds robots? Where is she? I want to meet her?"

>A 'hero's' sidekick that makes robots? Cool robots? This just keeps getting better and better.
>"That... is a good question." Gordon admits, looking somewhat downcast.
>"MISTRESS JENNIFER WAS EJECTED FROM OUR SHIP AFTER THE INERTIAL COMPENSATORS CHAIN REACTED WITH THE PLASMA MANIFOLD, AND DETONATED. CURRENT LOCATION, UNKNOWN."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2012, 01:53:02 PM »
>"Wait, detonated?"
>"Yeah, um, maybe I should figure out how you got here. What happened?"

« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2012, 03:00:58 AM »
>"Wait, detonated?"
>"Yeah, um, maybe I should figure out how you got here. What happened?"

>"Treachery and villainy!" Gordon declares raising his fist up and giving it a dramatic shaking.
>Thursday is more exact. "BEEP BEEP BLIIP BEEP. MEMORY FILES, ACCESSING. GORDON, MISTRESS JENNIFER AND THURSDAY WERE RETURNING TO THE NETHERWORLD AFTER DEFENDING EARTH FROM AN ATTACK FROM THE HATENNNDONI. UPON RETURN TO NETHERWORLD AIRSPACE, DISCOVERED AN UNKNOWN FORCE OCCUPYING NETHERWORLD CASTLE. THEY ATTACKED WITHOUT WARNING, FORCING A RETREAT-"
>"I don't call it retreat!" Gordon interject, jabbing a gloved finger at the robot. "I call it 'strategic evacuation!"
>"DIFFERENCE NOTED." Thursday replied, and you think you can detect just a hint of a sardonic tone in the synthesized voice. "RESUMING RECOUNT. ENEMY PURSUED US AS WE LEFT NETHERWORLD, INFLICTING HEAVY DAMAGE UPON OUR SHIP. DAMAGE TO HYPERDRIVE SYSTEM WAS UNNOTICED BEFORE ENTERING HYPERSPACE. RESULT WAS EXPLOSION UPON REVERSION TO REALSPACE. EXPLOSION RENDERED SUBLIGHT ENGINES INOPERABLE."
>"And so we crashed here." Gordon finishes. "We may not have survived at all, if Thursday hadn't got the retro-rockets to fire."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #259 on: March 06, 2012, 03:21:16 AM »
>"Wait, the Netherworld? How did you get to the-"
>Wait, paralell worlds. It's probably a different 'Netherworld'.
>"Um, you flew a spaceship to the Netherworld? Your Netherworld must be a lot different from the one we have."

« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2012, 04:13:09 AM »
>"Wait, the Netherworld? How did you get to the-"
>Wait, paralell worlds. It's probably a different 'Netherworld'.
>"Um, you flew a spaceship to the Netherworld? Your Netherworld must be a lot different from the one we have."

>"EACH WORLD POSSESSES ITS OWN UNIQUE NETHERWORLD. IT IS REASONABLE TO ASSUME EACH IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER."
>"I wonder what the ghost princess would make of these two?" Hatate mutters to you.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2012, 04:43:25 AM »
>"Yeah, sounds like it. Who's in charge of your Netherworld? Ours has a ghost princess!"
>"Is Jennifer somewhere in Gensokyo, them? We should go find her!"

« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2012, 06:19:13 AM »
>"Yeah, sounds like it. Who's in charge of your Netherworld? Ours has a ghost princess!"
>"Is Jennifer somewhere in Gensokyo, them? We should go find her!"

>"AGREED. HOWEVER, MY SCANNERS WERE DAMAGED IN THE CRASH."
>"That's what I was trying to fix when you came along and sent me flying! The FIRST time!" Gordon admonishes you.
>Hatate mutters something to her flunky, who blushes but nods.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2012, 10:04:14 AM »
>"Oh, okay. You should get back to that."

« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2012, 10:29:25 AM »
>"Oh, okay. You should get back to that."

>"It won't take long." Gordon assures you. He walks back towards Thursday, raises his hand towards the robot, then pauses. His hand opens and closes a couple of times. "Didn't I have a wrench?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2012, 09:13:17 PM »
>"Maybe?"
>Look around for a wrench.

« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2012, 10:06:48 PM »
> Consider feeling guilty, but don't.
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #267 on: March 07, 2012, 03:31:47 AM »
>If we can't find one: "Hatate, you're fast. Go get a wrench. Nitori probably has one, if nothing else."
>"Actually, get Nitori herself. She'll want to see this."
>And maybe she can learn how to build one!

« Reply #268 on: March 07, 2012, 04:53:34 AM »
> Consider feeling guilty, but don't.

>Well, maybe a little guilty. You are a good girl, after all. But it was his own fault! He was between you and the robot.

>"Maybe?"
>Look around for a wrench.

>You glance around the landscape, but a discarded metal tool among a field of rocks, sent flying by an enthusiastic shove from a living goddess, is not an easy thing to spot.
>Well, unless you happen to be a tengu. Hatate's aide points to the left of the robot, off a ways behind it. "Is that it?"
>Gordon raises his hand to his brow, following the tengu's finger. "YES." he declares, trotting off to retrieve his tool.
>"Good eye, Fuu." Hatate compliments her aide. The shorter tengu smiles and nods briefly.
>Kogasa, however, seems rather... pensive. The expression is very odd on her cute little face.

>If we can't find one: "Hatate, you're fast. Go get a wrench. Nitori probably has one, if nothing else."
>"Actually, get Nitori herself. She'll want to see this."
>And maybe she can learn how to build one!

>A very good idea. And it might be worth mentioning this robot to Nitori later, anyway. Just imagine, a Kappatech line of robots....

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #269 on: March 07, 2012, 04:55:27 AM »
"Hatate, you're quick. Go get Nitori. She'll want to see this."
>Must... have... robot army.