Author Topic: TouhouGaea: Strange Neighbors (Sanae Route)  (Read 98366 times)

Re: TouhouGaea: Strange Neighbors (Sanae Route)
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2012, 04:12:41 AM »
>Danmaku back. They're just fairies; that should be more than enough.

>It is definately more than enough. Kogasa could handle this bunch, to say nothing of the Moriya shrine maiden. You easily evade their pitiful attempt to knock you from the sky and return fire, making the lot of them go poof with a single barrage.
>"Nice shot!" Kogasa congradulates you. In the handful of seconds it takes before another squadron of fairies descend upon you. Each of these has a red ribbon in their hair, and on their wrists. You recognize this as a sign of one of the local fairy gang, run by one Cinnamon Lily, a fairy of fire with a big attitude and a fairly inflated sense of her own power.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2012, 04:17:59 AM »
>Take this gang out. Do try not to overlook evasive actions.

« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2012, 04:24:30 AM »
>Take this gang out. Do try not to overlook evasive actions.

>This bad doesn't even get a shot off before your deft danmaku prowess makes them all dissapear.
>All but one, that is. One of them, slightly taller than the rest and with shorter, greenish hair, drops from the sky sharply, then back up. "You ain't stoppin' the boss! She wants that loud thing, and she gonna get it!" she boasts, firing off a slightly more serious pattern of bullets with one hand, while whistling sharply with the other, calling forth another half dozen fairies. Swell. Adds!
>"I got the help!" Kogasa cries, spinning her umbrella in front of her a unleashing a swirl of bullets.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2012, 04:32:21 AM »
>"Thanks!"
>Take the green-haired fairy out!

« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2012, 04:57:49 AM »
>"Thanks!"
>Take the green-haired fairy out!

>A bunch of fairies is no match for your trusty sidekick, and this green-haired flunky of Cinnamon is no match for you! Her bullets are a touch trickier to dodge than others, but she wouldn't even qualify as a stage 1 midboss. With a deft midair turn, you send her fire off harmlessly behind you, and unleash a stream of bullets. "I'll come back to haunt you!" the green haired fairy before dissapearing. The sky is yours again!
>Kogasa floats up alongside you. "Bet we're gonna see their boss before we get to where we're going."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2012, 06:53:28 AM »
>"Then we'll take her out, too."
>Onwards!

« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2012, 07:22:45 AM »
> Muse "you think Green hair is in fashion for sidekicks?"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:34:02 AM by nolrai2 »
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2012, 08:42:54 AM »

> We are nobody's sidekick!

« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2012, 09:27:06 AM »

>You muse out loud, and Kogasa makes a thoughtful noise. She looks at your own head of green hair. "You tell me."

> We are nobody's sidekick!

>"I am nobody's sidekick!" you reply.

>"Then we'll take her out, too."
>Onwards!

>Kogasa gives you a big nod, as you set off again. "Gotta give fairys credit. They never give up!"
>The next couple of minutes or so are fairly uneventful, apart from three or four fairies sporting identical ribbons, whose attacks barely even make you break stride. This affords you and Parasol Gal a nice view of the mountain as you descend. You're starting to come up near tengu territory as well, so you both start keeping an eye out for stray crows and paparazzi.
>As you cross over a clearing in the trees, you hear more sounds of danmaku from below, and several bullets fly up and across your flight path. Sure enough, it's Cinnamon herself, floating amidst the flower-filled clearing, a challenging smirk on her face.

Fightest

« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2012, 10:27:06 AM »
> Heroic Art ~ Dramatic Pose.
> "I hope you're hungry, because I am here to serve JUSTICE!"

« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2012, 07:01:34 AM »
> Heroic Art ~ Dramatic Pose.
> "I hope you're hungry, because I am here to serve JUSTICE!"

>The strawberry blonde haired fairy returns your dramatic pose with one of her own. She shows some promise in that department, but her DRAMATIC sense is not on your level. Not by a longshot.
>She points at you with her white-gloved hand. "You may have got away from me before, but not this time, MoriMiko!" She then throws her arms out wide, exclaiming, "BEHOLD!!!" (Wow, you didn't think she knew that word) and at her call, approximately 30 fairys fly into the clearing to flank her. And for good measure, her red-gloved hand catches fire. "Got me some new tricks!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2012, 07:39:20 AM »
>How many frognukes do we have onhand?

We know we want to.

« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2012, 08:15:20 AM »
>How many frognukes do we have onhand?

>You are currently using Kanako's shot type.
>Certainly enough to deal with a taller than average fairy and her flunkies.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:06:21 AM by Sourfang, the Falling Star »

« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2012, 08:44:14 AM »
Sweet, even morer awesome bombs.

And we don't need to aim! That frees us to POSE!

Any good trees to pose on?
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2012, 10:05:37 AM »
Sweet, even morer awesome bombs.

And we don't need to aim! That frees us to POSE!

Any good trees to pose on?

>There are trees ringing the clearing Cinnamon and her army. And given your status as DEFENDER OF GENSOKYO, any and all of them will serve as a suitable pedastal for posing upon.
>At this point, your own personal narrator tells you are not restricted in your shot type. That is a limit for rookies, and that is something you are clearly not. And you have full access to all your spellcards.

I'm not too proud to admit when I make a mistake. I thought about it, and considered restricting shot type would be a mistake. You may pummel those who stand against you in any way you see fit. Furthur questions, feel free to ask.

Fightest

« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2012, 10:51:45 AM »
> Stand ourselves on a high outhanging branch in Gunbuster Stance.
> Click our fingers.
> Drop nuke.
> Turn around to stand with our back to the explosion.

« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2012, 11:49:05 AM »
> Stand ourselves on a high outhanging branch in Gunbuster Stance.
> Click our fingers.
> Drop nuke.
> Turn around to stand with our back to the explosion.

>Descending to stand atop a tall, firm branch, and invoking a long-forgotten Gainax production, you flip the small fairy army a cocky grin, then give your fingers a snap.
>Recognizing the sign, and that grin, Kogasa produces a pair of stylin' sunglasses as the air above the fairy army begins to glow ominously. To a fairy, they all look up at the expanding concentric circles of light forming above them.
>As you spin 180 degrees on your heel, your Frog Sign: Wily Toad detonates, blanketing the area in a brilliant flash of white light, and the sound of JUSTICE being served. Your long hair blows dramatically in the breeze. Like a BOSS.
>Kogasa seems suitably impressed. "I think that was brighter than the last time you dropped one of those bombs." she praises you as the light of the bomb fades. You chuckle and nod. The youkai knows good work when she sees it.
>Somewhat to your surprise, however, you hear a voice from behind you squawk, "That wasn't fair! I wasn't ready! You CHEATED!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
>Grin toward Kogasa, then whirl at toward the voice.
>"I'm no cheater! You're supposed to be ready when you see your opponent!"

Fightest

« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2012, 04:54:48 PM »
> "Not being ready for JUSTICE makes you all the more guilty!"

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2012, 05:11:13 PM »
> Be sure to point like a boss. Look as if we could explode them in a heartbeat.

« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2012, 12:05:11 PM »
>Grin toward Kogasa, then whirl at toward the voice.
>"I'm no cheater! You're supposed to be ready when you see your opponent!"
> "Not being ready for JUSTICE makes you all the more guilty!"
> Be sure to point like a boss. Look as if we could explode them in a heartbeat.

>Flashing Kogasa a quick grin, you spin on your other heel to face the fool who DARED survive your mighty bomb. Cinnamon Lily looks more than a little disheveled as a result of your frognuke, but she's still in one piece. She is, however, conspicuously alone now. So much for her army.... Still and all, the fact that she weathered your attack at all is fairly impressive, as Kogasa notes. "Wow. Don't see that everyday."
>"I WAS ready!" she protests, evidently unfazed by your boss-like pointing. Guess it might not work on those who consider themselves a boss as well. "You're not supposed to start a fight with a bomb!"

Fightest

« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »
> Do we have more bombs in our arsenal?
> Are they in limited supply?

« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »
> Do we have more bombs in our arsenal?
> Are they in limited supply?

>Your bombs are essentially infinite, but you can't spam them. Your two bombs (Frog Sign: Wily Toad and Snake Sign: Orochi of Ancient Times) must be recharged after each use. This charge can be acheived either by the passage of time, defeating enemies and gathering powerups, or the power of Love.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2012, 06:41:07 PM »
> Let's use a regular attack. Save the bombs for another time.

« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2012, 09:47:02 PM »
> Let's use a regular attack. Save the bombs for another time.

>You decide to lay off both bombs and spellcards for the time being. Little fairy might be tougher than the last time you faced her, but it probably shouldn't too much more to make her go POP. Maybe she'll learn her less... Never mind. It's a fairy.
>Unleashing a stream of bullets towards Cinnamon, you are rewarded with the sight of... her evading your assault? So she does! Not easily, mind, but she weaves between your shots with a bit of effort. Kogasa gives the little fairy a little applause.
>"Told'ja I got some new tricks." she smirks, rising up to your elevation. "Now lesse what you think of MY special move!" And with that she produces a spellcard. Wait, what?!
>"Fire Sign: Cinnamon Wheel!"
>To her left and to her right appear great spinning wheels of flame, fireballs strung together.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2012, 12:55:59 AM »
>"I can to start with one! You're just mad you didn't."
>Switch over to the snake-style shots and fire; they should be harder to evade.

Fightest

« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »
> Are we bound more by Touhou rules or Disgaea rules?
> I.e. do we have to engage in danmaku or can we just slug her in the face?

« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2012, 08:52:32 AM »
> Are we bound more by Touhou rules or Disgaea rules?
> I.e. do we have to engage in danmaku or can we just slug her in the face?

>This is an interesting question, and requires an answer from the parser.

At this point in time, the people of gensokyo are bound to the rules of gensokyo, IE, danmaku, spellcards, all that jazz. I admit, I haven`t read up on the spellcard battle rulebook for a while, but I suppose, in theory, you COULD just fly at at her and give her a shot upside the head. But it would be very bad form, and have some other consequences as well. I THINK it actually violates the rules of the spellcard, but again, I'm not sure.
As for later on, will Flonne develop her own spellcards and do battle with the likes of Utsuho? Will Marisa convert and become a level 6450 Human unique? Time will tell.

>"I can to start with one! You're just mad you didn't."
>Switch over to the snake-style shots and fire; they should be harder to evade.

>"Well, I'll WIN with this one!"
>Calling upon the divine wisdom of Kanako-sama, you unleash a more straightforward shot type in an attempt to deplete the health of Cinnamon's spellcard. Simple danmaku should be more than enough to handle a fairy's spellcard without declaring one of your own.
>Cinnamon doesn't actually even seem to try to evade your danmaku, for some reason. She seems intent on controlling her spellcard, you think, as she unleashes a barrage of return fire from her outstretched hands even as your strike home. A fairly impressive looking stream of bullets fly from both of her hands... and sail right by you on other side of you, without you needing to move an inch. From her rings of fire, there comes nothing.

>Fire Sign: Cinnamon Wheel health remaining: 75%

Fightest

« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2012, 01:18:24 PM »
> Snake-shots track, don't they?
> Make wide, sweeping dodges in unpredictable directions whilst firing recklessly. Make sure to dodge the obvious giant lasers or whatever she's charging up from those firewheels.

« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2012, 04:58:31 AM »
> Snake-shots track, don't they?
> Make wide, sweeping dodges in unpredictable directions whilst firing recklessly. Make sure to dodge the obvious giant lasers or whatever she's charging up from those firewheels.

>More or less. When snake-shots 'miss', they tend to branch off in perpendicular directions when they're alongside whatever you're shooting at, making them very hard to dodge. It's not a 'homing' shot, like that OTHER miko specializes in, and the branched shots are not as powerful as the primary shot, but their accuracy and reliability more than justifies this.
>You weave in and out of the bullet streams with pizzazz, just to show the little fairy how a pro does it. All the while maintaining a steady stream of danmaku fire of your own. Cinnamon still makes no effort to dodge or evade your shots. She must be new at this game. In her defense, her two bullet streams, unmoving though they may be, are fairly densely packed, and a little tricky to weave in and out of. Cinnamon seems vexed about something.
>Tricky though they may be, you've faced much much worse, and you are fully prepared to deal with whatever Cinnamon's preparing with her burning wheels of burning. Great balls of fire detach themselves from the wheels and fire off in all directions at moderate speed. Less than half fly in your direction, but they're large enough to pose a bit of a threat when mixed with the streams of normal danmaku. There's a number of ways this could be more a more threatening attack, but as it is, you deftly avoid both fireballs and bullets.
>You have to admit. Cinnamon's no Cirno, but she ain't bad.
>Kogasa, you note, has descended to ground level, staying out of the way.

>Fire Sign: Cinnamon Wheel health remaining: 60%