Author Topic: [WC3 - Dots] General discussion thread III  (Read 219200 times)

Re: [WC3 - Dots] General discussion thread III
« Reply #420 on: March 03, 2012, 06:37:05 PM »
Unzan already being added :V

Also needs DM mode aph :V
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:04:16 PM by Dr Rawr »

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #421 on: March 04, 2012, 01:05:12 AM »
>watanuki sisters
you get both of em at start! (at level 1 obv) both has their own exp bar and inventory and whats more if one of em died the other one not!
however, they can only hold up to 4 items for balance sake lol (just random idea on my head)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:08:39 AM by AkurouNyan~ »
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

« Reply #422 on: March 04, 2012, 01:31:54 AM »
I just want the item PAD, have a chance to block some damage when attacks enemy girl and the item ZUN's Glasses has some regeneration of life  ???

« Reply #423 on: March 04, 2012, 06:32:32 AM »
suggestions: (not thinking much about balance though)

- every character has a flight mode (chars could be made to have different flight properties or duration, or not)
- most, if not every character, would have at least one skill which involved having the opponent try to dodge it (like in the shooting games)
- add defense (costs spirit meter) and spirit meter?
- add graze
- add bombs? (I don't think the wc3 engine can support danmaku properly, can it?)

(character specific)
- Yumemi: temporary invulnerability+shot power up (in PoDD, every character can do that if they have no bombs left, and it costs all of their special meter)
- Yuuka: her bomb autocollects point items for 2x their value (a scoring mechanic in LLS)
- Shinki: staying alive (and maybe doing other things such as collecting items) increase her dream gauge (point items are worth more as long as her dream gauge is full), bombing or dying decrease the gauge (don't remember if bombing decreased Dream Gauge per enemy attacked/destroyed or per use)
- Alice: should be able to do this, she could also be more dynamic with the spinning dolls (instead of having to set up her dolls or carry them), and have assistant dolls as her option shots (like in SA)
- Patchouli: in the fighting games, she zones through her normal projectiles, has lots of spirit (not so much in SWR and Soku) and can defend/attack through her specials. In SA, she had different option formations that were much probably inspired by Battle Garegga's ships (video of the Garegga ships in another game, Armed Police Batrider)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #424 on: March 04, 2012, 10:22:05 AM »
Also needs DM mode aph :V

*goes to check up on dota modes yet again* Oh. That's easy to make. Although I have a different take on that - give each player a set number of lives, after which the player joins the coach, i.e. can only activate tower abilities/weathers. Of course, as in -dm mode, once dead, the player has to choose another hero. I wonder how people would think about this?

>watanuki sisters
you get both of em at start! (at level 1 obv) both has their own exp bar and inventory and whats more if one of em died the other one not!
however, they can only hold up to 4 items for balance sake lol (just random idea on my head)

Watatsuki yo. The biggest problem I have with adding heros is the models since I suck at doing these things :V Also, why would the two Watatsuki sisters come together? And Toyohime should react when Yuyuko shows her fan :3 Also, there's not enough Yorihime vs Youmu action going on in the fanbase. Maybe this should be corrected in the game.

I just want the item PAD, have a chance to block some damage when attacks enemy girl and the item ZUN's Glasses has some regeneration of life  ???

Myon Balloon allows you to block plenty of damage from enemy girls (and everything else really), not to mention the slow effect from its active trolls agility carries, ranged or melee, really hard.  The Pad is supposed to be a trade off, it works better when blocking damage from towers and creeps at the cost of effectiveness vs heros. Why does Zun's Glasses need health regen? Thinking about it, tanky characters usually have higher health regen anyway and this item is usually gotten by them when facing a team that's nuke-heavy. Adding health regen on it might be going over the top given its cheap price.

Sbro, the WC3 engine does support re-creations of danmaku fights. There's a re-creation of EoSD in WC3 somewhere on the touhou.cc forum. Unfortunately, having played a few hero defence games that tried to bring in danmaku, I can safely say that doing this won't be a good idea (think of the lag).

« Reply #425 on: March 04, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »
Also dont forget about when the select allrandom: when they die a random hero is selected for them rather then choosing :V

Also wasnt joking about magic resistance growth, tenshis innate change, and change sunnys scaling to str. Maybe make tenshis passive like: every time tenshi takes xxx damage it increases her hp regen by some %. After the regen increases the damage needed should also increase. Have the counter reset after 10seconds of no damage.

Also sig if we edited the files in the model pack but kept the same file name, would we see the changes ingame or would problems come up?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 03:22:13 PM by Dr Rawr »

« Reply #426 on: March 04, 2012, 03:34:41 PM »
[23:32]   SiG: ok the dots test map on Reisen now has DM mode

As for how to select that mode, you can't miss it. I was too lazy to write DM properly in Chinese. It's option 4 at the 3rd mode-select dialog. Oh, the host player has 10 seconds at the start to set the number of lives with the -lives xx command. That's what the message at the start is saying if DM mode is activated. It's the number of lives per player btw. Once a player uses up all his lives, he will not be able to reselect a hero. Once a team has used up all their lives, they lose. All-random now works properly with DM mode as described by DrRawr (once you die, you'll be assigned a random hero instead of normally repicking). Expect some lag whenever a repick happens btw. This is kinda hard to avoid due to hero initializations.

I can't really do design changes yet since I'm working on the Chinese map. Will take them into account when I get to work on the English one, if I ever get the time - the fella working on the HJ map needs help. I think I can see where this is going. :V

Another thing about me asking for ideas here - we're looking for ideas to put into the re-made map. It's still sometime away, months to be honest, due to school and stuff, and the fact that the team is now even smaller than before. So there's lots of room for testing things out, now that I've ascertained that my computer can run 5 instances of DotS with non-negative fps.  :ohdear:

OT: This is one of the last versions of the old map. I'll stick around to finish up the more game-breaking bugs before they're done with the terrain for the new one (all we know for now is that it'll retain the yin-yang outline), then I'll move on to the new map as well. Currently some skills may not work properly after a hero is repicked, i.e. picking the same hero twice might lead to odd things happening.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:09:56 PM by ApharmdB »

« Reply #427 on: March 05, 2012, 12:57:48 AM »
an item to silence (no spell casting)??? ???

« Reply #428 on: March 05, 2012, 01:53:06 AM »
That belongs to the category of "can either be horribly overpowered or outright useless" items. Though I can see where such an item might come from - Luna Child's power, which is more than I can say for some of the other items (Miko's Sword... with Cirno's power?), so if nobody else wishes to put up stats for this, I'll come up with something and test it out.

In fact, I'm thinking of an item that can switch between the three fairies' powers - using Sunny Milk's power during the day to cause the target to briefly have a chance to miss, using Luna Child's power during the night to silence the target briefly, and can be turned into an alternate form at any time to grant increased sight radius and an active that gives true sight for a small radius (Star Sapphire's power).

« Reply #429 on: March 05, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »
Huh an item that can provide certain vision effect thats changable: larger vision, ignore tree lines, true sigh maybe? Would be close to hatates ult but effecting only yourself or placing the effect on an ally or enemy.

Also cant really see much use for a silence item, we already have a item that hexes. possibly make it an aoe silence around you. 350aoe, 5sec silence, int based item. Dont really feel like thinking about recipes.

Possibly a change up in the shops, even though i did memorize every item and shop location(orz) i still feel like its very unorganized.

Also i dont remeber if this is still happening but yukaris ult teleporting peoples yukkuris.

No idea if you added this but, tojikos markers... enemies shouldnt see them :V

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #430 on: March 05, 2012, 12:37:21 PM »
I once saw Yukari's ult teleported wards in 977, dunno if it's fixed now

How about changing back Reisen's range increase to passive like old times, it's kinda annoying for me, even though you get more range.

How about adding Yumemi to the map, her skills are kinda like Troll Warlord in DotA, you throw and whirl crucifixes instead of axes :D, backstab and crits as ulti???

CloverNaght

• FOEs r scareh
« Reply #431 on: March 05, 2012, 02:04:34 PM »
Watatsuki yo. The biggest problem I have with adding heros is the models since I suck at doing these things :V Also, why would the two Watatsuki sisters come together? And Toyohime should react when Yuyuko shows her fan :3 Also, there's not enough Yorihime vs Youmu action going on in the fanbase. Maybe this should be corrected in the game.
well new heroes needs to be unique instead of lolsoboringandgenericpubdpsagi like what happens on Reisen II
also still looking foward for the return of jinkela....that item works well i think on 5v5 game
...and if possible new items in the future should use cucumbers as materials (cheap item ones because cucumber these days in fact is the most underused item ever)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:18:57 PM by AkurouNyan~ »

« Reply #432 on: March 05, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »
I have an idea about Alice.
Since her cooldowns got changed it needs extrem long to summon all her dolls. Alice is horrible to play, also because her dolls die so fast, faster then she can summon them.

My idea to fix this:

Give her W skill an extra attribute.
The attribute increase the number of Hourai and New England Dolls summoned by one for each skillpoint.
That means, when she has W on lvl 1, her D summons two Hourai dolls at once (for twice the manacost).
On W lvl 3 she summons 4 hourai dolls at once.

If this is too powerful for backdoring, let this extra attribute only work when she has no dolls of that kind active.

Another thing could be a complete rework.
(Goliath Doll Shaman King style Avatar mode Ultimate!!!!)

« Reply #433 on: March 05, 2012, 04:19:32 PM »
the map has kill sounds, good, but lacks sonudos by double kill or triple kill, I would not mind that the sound was in Chinese  ???, but the game lacks sound and now the sounds themselves can be loaded

CloverNaght

• FOEs r scareh
« Reply #434 on: March 06, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »
the map has kill sounds, good, but lacks sonudos by double kill or triple kill, I would not mind that the sound was in Chinese  ???, but the game lacks sound and now the sounds themselves can be loaded
agree they should put more sounds in the model pack
for alice just return old summon cd...or keep the cd but you summon 2 dolls instead of 1

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #435 on: March 06, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »
kill sounds are the least of the priorities right now.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Captain Infinity

• Captain of Echo Platoon, 3rd Battalion.
  • To bring chaos and honor to this world gone soft.
« Reply #436 on: March 07, 2012, 12:24:53 AM »
ALRIGHT WE'RE GOING TO GET THE PARTY  STARTED THIS WEEKEND AGAIN.

CloverNaght

• FOEs r scareh
« Reply #437 on: March 07, 2012, 06:24:39 AM »
inb4 we having dotafest like previous week instead of dots lol

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #438 on: March 07, 2012, 06:38:10 AM »
I added and made time to play but you weren't there. Jerk.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #439 on: March 07, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »
Inb4 I stream it again :V

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #440 on: March 07, 2012, 04:30:41 PM »
Can't decide if this is a bug or design, so I'm leaving it alone but putting it out here first. Flandre can crit her own face in (and possibly all nearby teammates) if she activates her ult and then eats an explosion rune.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #441 on: March 07, 2012, 05:05:30 PM »
Oh god. Keep it keep it keep it keep it keep it keep it.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #442 on: March 07, 2012, 08:00:45 PM »
FISSION MAILED

CloverNaght

• FOEs r scareh
« Reply #443 on: March 08, 2012, 01:19:29 AM »
Oh god. Keep it keep it keep it keep it keep it keep it.

« Reply #444 on: March 09, 2012, 09:22:37 AM »
Dots ver.981 has different changes, but more than a half of them is not implemented in the code, lol.
Waiting for a lot of fixes to come.

CloverNaght

• FOEs r scareh
« Reply #445 on: March 09, 2012, 12:00:11 PM »
please please aph tell us that silly elemental damage system isn't going to be implemented on new dots

« Reply #446 on: March 09, 2012, 02:55:47 PM »
this update seems almost like undos of previous updates....

« Reply #447 on: March 10, 2012, 02:39:17 AM »
Bug Reporting

-seem like most of the girl with import model and trigger effect have a problem while swap

e.g. kanako without onbashira pillar,youmu can control illusion,merlin (and maybe include lyrica and lunasa) don't have ultimate effect

e.g. many more of the girl in swap got bug, but i though dev team also know that

-nazrin don't have rat

-another i already reporting it.

end of reporting...gensokyo news

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:12:32 AM by Antorory »

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #448 on: March 10, 2012, 02:04:40 PM »
ah..

Remilia's Gungnir doesn't have any scaling in the skill description (or removed?)

and Aph, can you explain the new game modes at the start (before the selection screen comes)? Chinese T_T

« Reply #449 on: March 10, 2012, 02:20:30 PM »
Bug Reporting

-youmu after first death in normal game it has some chance that it will can't summon illusion anymore

-murasa ship seem not upgrade in some game and sometime doesn't deal damage (reporting from friend)

About game mode

-It have 3 type choosing for game mode

-first you must choosing player setting mode
 (1) is normal set
 (2) is shuffle player mode with -cp and -sin command

-second you must choosing picking mode
 (1) is normal pick
 (2) is normal pick + 50% of girl get random ban
 (3) is take turn pick
 (4) is take turn pick + 50% of girl get random ban
 (5) captain mode (appear only 10 human player in game)
 (6) all random mode (appear only 10 player in game)

-third you must choosing system mode
 (1) is normal game
 (2) is duel system (still don't see in current version but seem to have in previous and intro)
 (3) is middle lane system (start at lv 4 with x 2 money ,gold and exp raise really fast)

e.g. for when you want to use -cp command just type -cp #(# is team+number of player ,bl is hakurei and ss is moriya)
e.g. for example of -cp command -> -cp bl5 , -cp ss4...etc

that info is from Dec post and Sig himself
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:25:51 PM by Antorory »