Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 208383 times)

ark

• みょん
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #600 on: September 24, 2011, 10:52:50 PM »
I just stumbled across this vid and decided I'd share it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIV2cQtL7_c
A no-damage speed run of Megamari. 45 minutes of condensed entertainment. There are some weapon usage here and there to speed things up but all 8 initial bosses are taken down with only the MariBuster. The same goes for Shikieiki except of course being with Alice's laser.

The guy has hosted numerous TAS vids on his page but they are all labelled as such. This one isn't but it still looks a bit fishy at times. Still worth a watch though.
What do you make of the weapon switching at, say, 18:03? Audio glitches at, say, 21:35? (Not to mention the numerous risky things he does.)

Still entertaining to watch though.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 11:19:34 PM by Nereid »

« Reply #601 on: September 25, 2011, 12:09:20 AM »
Those are a bunch of the things that made me go, yeah, that stuff is probably TAS'ed. Entertaining watch it is since we'll probably never see a perfect run of the game otherwise. Unless Hideofbeast get's an interest in the game but that's pretty unlikely.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #602 on: September 25, 2011, 12:14:19 AM »
Suddenly, I play Ten Desires. I find out that Miko's 6th card is in fact pretty awesome. But I already knew that. Then I went and timed out some overdrive cards like Futo's which was pathetic

You know, people say this, but everyone conveniently forgets that Futo's last spell card and overdrive have two phases, and said second phase is significantly harder to time out.

Anyway, something that I really should have done a long time ago: IN Marisa perfect! You can yap on about me failing Final Master Spark, and go ahead if you really like (I certainly won't care). You still can't deny this was a glorious run.

But more than that, this last hour and a half reminds me why I'm still playing nearly four years later when most players that old have moved on. When it comes down to it, when you're going mad with anger over the last bullshit death caused by bullets spawning on you, when you start making stupid mistakes and ramble, unsure of what you're even saying, and when you die on the one attack you've always taken as an auto-capture and curse at the top of your lungs, that is what playing Touhou is all about for me. And no matter what, there will always be another challenge still I have yet to try~
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:16:46 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #603 on: September 25, 2011, 12:42:10 AM »
You know, people say this, but everyone conveniently forgets that Futo's last spell card and overdrive have two phases, and said second phase is significantly harder to time out.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. I did the Lunatic version of the card in both ways but the overdrive version of the card get's absolutely ridiculous. Not only do you need to do some pretty tough dodging after the circling is over but once the bullets stops flying around randomly they start appearing as big huge walls even denser than the Lunatic version ended up being. I'm not gonna dismiss it as impossible but I'm not going to try for the achievement either.

I would love to see someone doing it though.

But more than that, this last hour and a half reminds me why I'm still playing nearly four years later when most players that old have moved on. When it comes down to it, when you're going mad with anger over the last bullshit death caused by bullets spawning on you, when you start making stupid mistakes and ramble, unsure of what you're even saying, and when you die on the one attack you've always taken as an auto-capture and curse at the top of your lungs, that is what playing Touhou is all about for me. And no matter what, there will always be another challenge still I have yet to try~

Cursing at the top of your lungs. Part of the job as a Touhou player. I'm 'only' around 3.5 years old but what you said still fits me splendidly. Oh and nicely done with Marisa. Don't worry about her final attack. Its just a memo card anyway.

nintendonut888

« Reply #604 on: September 25, 2011, 01:11:55 AM »
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. I did the Lunatic version of the card in both ways but the overdrive version of the card get's absolutely ridiculous. Not only do you need to do some pretty tough dodging after the circling is over but once the bullets stops flying around randomly they start appearing as big huge walls even denser than the Lunatic version ended up being. I'm not gonna dismiss it as impossible but I'm not going to try for the achievement either.

I accidentally spaced out and didn't fire for one second, making that one less wave I had to dodge, but you get the idea.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Formless God

« Reply #605 on: September 25, 2011, 03:17:48 AM »
No-miss TD Stage 5, 91 mil, previously 72 mil. Holy shit, and I bombed/tranced everything except for Tojiko's spell to boot.

nintendonut888

« Reply #606 on: September 25, 2011, 03:56:37 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16058

Mokou perfect. I would say more but I think I'm about to go into convulsions over what just happened.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #607 on: September 25, 2011, 04:29:32 AM »
Lunatic Aya 1 miss pacifist. Where's the death? On her piss easy opener. But I'm still pretty happy since I timed out all of her spellcards in one run. 

Also captured PWG 4 out of 6  times today, I must be getting lucky.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #608 on: September 25, 2011, 05:59:26 AM »

quick youtube search came up with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCwfyx6al1o

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #610 on: September 25, 2011, 07:52:32 AM »

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #611 on: September 25, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »
MY FIRST LUNATIC 1CC :D

but it's a fighting game one.

It's still an accomplishment nevertheless.
Soku Lunatic 1cc Sanae.

Also why is it that Aya seems to have more scenes than Hatate in DS? Because the only difference is that Hatate has one more scene than Aya in the Spoiler level. And yes, I have counted, I just can't make sense of it.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #612 on: September 25, 2011, 10:11:25 AM »
MY FIRST LUNATIC 1CC :D
(stuff)
Also why is it that Aya seems to have more scenes than Hatate in DS? Because the only difference is that Hatate has one more scene than Aya in the Spoiler level. And yes, I have counted, I just can't make sense of it.
Because all of the scenes in level Spoiler are counted as Aya's only, so Hatate's 99  (1-EX) aren't counting the 5 in Spoiler where you MUST use her.
Also, nice job on the lunatic 1cc.

Just cleared Ten Desires normal with Youmu.
again.
without focusing.
and no deaths until Miko's final nonspell.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #613 on: September 25, 2011, 10:22:25 AM »
Ah I see now. Although that means I can't count correctly, as I counted 108 for Aya and 99 for Hatate individually even when counting those 5 Spoiler scenes for Hatate. Lol fail.
And thanks :D

Good job on your clear too.

« Reply #614 on: September 25, 2011, 10:40:47 AM »

I accidentally spaced out and didn't fire for one second, making that one less wave I had to dodge, but you get the idea.

Yeah you can quit smirking. Your replay is desynced.  :V Or it is for me at least. So you die at around 41-42 seconds left by running into a bullet.

quick youtube search came up with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCwfyx6al1o

Geez. I guess its time to go toying around with hitboxes again.

Also. Grats to Donut for that Mokou run. Or should I say, congratulations on capturing that non-spell.  ;)

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #615 on: September 25, 2011, 08:20:38 PM »
Yeah you can quit smirking. Your replay is desynced.  :V Or it is for me at least. So you die at around 41-42 seconds left by running into a bullet.
It works just fine for me.

Anyways, timed-out Futo's last card in lunatic in the amulet phase. That took only a few tries.
Basically, Wall sign "clip" - I'm sure it's 10x more so in the overdrive one.

« Reply #616 on: September 25, 2011, 08:55:10 PM »
only three.....

PCB-Normal- MarisaA
MOF-Normal-(cleared extra) MarisaA
UFO-Normal ReimuB

« Reply #617 on: September 25, 2011, 08:55:17 PM »
It is. The Lunatic version was easy to time out regardless of what you do with it. However, the overdrive phase not only becomes a help amulets everywhere and on top of each other bullet hell (that I appreciate) it also becomes a trail of pixel perfection and dodging through walls. (that I don't appreciate).

As for the replay, you mustn't tell anyone but I'm about to jump into a river. Apparently I tried watching the replay in 1.00a. I was almost certain I had patched my desktop installation but apparently not... apparently all the other replays I made with 1.00c didn't desync. Hmm.. Well, uhh... Donut can resume smirking I suppose. Not too much though or you risk the Flames of Final Master Spark failure.  :V

« Reply #618 on: September 25, 2011, 11:21:37 PM »
Capped all spells in EoSD extra except QED and Maze of Love, and cleared with all shots other than ReimuA.  Wee~! \o/

I refuse to bomb on those two spells until I capture them now. (unlses I die on them of course >_>)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #619 on: September 26, 2011, 12:44:36 AM »
I got Maze of Love with ReimuA by running in circles, and almost capped QED on at least 2 occasions.  Still need Catadioptric though.
Reached Ran's last spell at 90 FPS, twice.  Gonna clear this at 90 FPS soon.

Formless God

« Reply #620 on: September 26, 2011, 03:21:01 AM »
Timed out Mamizou's miko spell, never successfully captured before. Turns out the thing is almost static ...

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #621 on: September 26, 2011, 03:40:02 AM »
PCB Lunatic 1cc get!

this makes three games (the other two being IN and MoF) o/
EoSD next? perhaps SA

« Reply #622 on: September 26, 2011, 06:20:32 AM »
I captured Subterranean Sun...from above with ReimuC.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #623 on: September 26, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »
> sloppy run of MoF Normal

Aww shi-

> MoF capture

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Feels good every time.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #624 on: September 26, 2011, 02:43:19 PM »
So my Internet connection went for a whole day. I spent that day playing Touhou.
- Defeated Ran. Twice. Sakuya B and Reimu A. The second time I managed to safespot Ran's final and would have captured it if I hadn't broken a border at the start >>
- Got up to Double Death Butterfly in Phantasm.
- Mesh of Light and Darkness capture.
- Killing Doll capture in a Hard no-deaths EoSD stage 5
- PCB 1ccs with Sakuya A and Marisa A.

« Reply #625 on: September 26, 2011, 03:03:03 PM »
PCB Lunatic 1cc get!

this makes three games (the other two being IN and MoF) o/
EoSD next? perhaps SA

Yes! You didn't use Sakuya. U are 1 of us! Congratulations with it. Going by the score I'd assume the run wasn't half bad either? Might even watch it.
As for the next Lunatic, I'd personally recommend SA. Its Lunatic is great fun and you get plenty of lives to toy with. That's what makes EoSD harder. That game gives you far less resources so I'd recommend waiting a bit on that one.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #626 on: September 26, 2011, 03:46:13 PM »
Nothing much but I finally unlocked stages 5 and 6 hard in Practice Mode for SA
Spoiler:
after 12 continues...or was it 13?
Spoiler:

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #627 on: September 26, 2011, 04:12:59 PM »
Yes! You didn't use Sakuya. U are 1 of us! Congratulations with it. Going by the score I'd assume the run wasn't half bad either? Might even watch it.
As for the next Lunatic, I'd personally recommend SA. Its Lunatic is great fun and you get plenty of lives to toy with. That's what makes EoSD harder. That game gives you far less resources so I'd recommend waiting a bit on that one.
I used SakuyaA when I beat PCB lunatic.
I'd suggest EoSD next actually, as I've managed to beat it but I can't touch SA lunatic, yet.

Anyway, for the main reason I posted here, MOUNTAIN OF FAITH EXTRA CLEAR, NO FOCUS
It went exactly as planned, aside from:
Suwako's second nonspell, I captured it?
Suwako's second spell, 2 bombs used instead of 3.
Suwako's 3rd spell, got walled and had to bomb
Suwako's 4th spell, 1DNB I think, plan had bombs to it
Suwako's 5th spell, I got bad luck on placement of gaps
Suwako's 6th spell, I didn't get clipped on it AT ALL for once
Froggy Braves The Elements, It exhausted 2 lives worth of bombs, I was just happy to survive it
Red Frog in Houei Era 4: went far far worse than expected
Suwa War: ND1B!
Mishaguji-sama: I had no clue how well I'd do on this, I'm just happy I survived it.

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16074

EDIT: and I beat IN lunatic with Border Team now, to add to having done it with Ghost Team.  The run was a resounding meh, with a couple missed deathbombs too.  Of, course, I still managed to capture Asteroid Belt, Double Spark and Shoot the Moon, and time out Starlight Typhoon, in addition to capturing General Headquarters Crisis for only the second time ever.  Oh, and Tewi's first nonspell too somehow, for the FIRST time.  and also Reisen's last spell.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #628 on: September 27, 2011, 02:37:28 PM »
I should not feel good about this.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16082

I still do.

« Reply #629 on: September 27, 2011, 03:32:11 PM »
Got a couple Maze of Love caps (micrododge method) :V.  That just leaves QED now!