Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207554 times)

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #300 on: August 20, 2011, 06:24:08 PM »
Yay!! My first Lunatic 1cc: Imperishable Night!!

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #301 on: August 20, 2011, 06:39:58 PM »
So the TD Ultra patch just got an update for the 1.00c version.

...and it completely rapes my shit.  :V
Jesus, this is like twice as hard now.

I also noticed something strange. The pacing of the game seems all off, the music when you get to midbosses is way behind than that you're used to.
The game is now a lot more like a... manic shmup.

Yay!! My first Lunatic 1cc: Imperishable Night!!

Congrats!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:42:28 PM by Jaimers »

« Reply #302 on: August 20, 2011, 07:01:41 PM »
What should I do? Beat th13 Hard or beat th12 Hard with MarisaA?

Both. Starting with TH12.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #303 on: August 20, 2011, 07:42:59 PM »
I can't tell if this is a failure or not, so I'm posting this here.

Hard Mode 2CC on PCB
with a capturing of both Suizome Perfect Blossom and Resurrection Butterfly 50%

Here's a screenshot of what was my highscore:

http://i.imgur.com/0Wxm5.png

Now, the failure was dying as my enough-for-an-extend Point Items were falling down after the initial wave of Stupid Bullet Spewing Everywhere Fairies.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:53:11 PM by Naut »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #304 on: August 21, 2011, 04:12:36 AM »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #305 on: August 21, 2011, 05:44:07 AM »
o_o

Yes...

YES.

I perfected her.

After trying off and on all year, I've finally perfected Sakuya! HA HA HAAAAA~!

It was a freakish run. I made some tight squeezes in the opener, had such a bad deal in Jack the Ludo Bile I had to dodge the opposite direction...the worst was her second non-spell. I got into no less than five walled situations that only my special brand of drunken dodging could dodge, and it was very lucky at that. Then I took a huuuuge risk in ZA WARUDO and stayed under her, just barely clearing before getting ganked. After a relatively uneventful third non-spell (if it counts, my sister came to bother me to look at her nails during this before I shooed her without looking), there was only one last spell card.

But of course, even a miraculous run such as this was only a speck of sand on the beach of runs that had come this far and failed. Not that I could count, but I think no less than 15 runs have failed on Killing Doll, that worst of all spell cards. One such run immediately preceded this one actually. But, during that, I did a strange dodge where before the time stop, I prematurely dashed left. This somehow lowered the knife density by a lot. I O_O'd, tried again, and...and...it was working! Wave after wave I successfully dodged.

But, time was running out. I was willing to win a perfect via timeout, but it seems fate finally played fair, for at six seconds left on the clock I gunned for it, stayed stubbornly under her during a light wave, and...and...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Those two bombs were during the stage because I get so bored I mess around to train my death-bombing reflex

It's over...

I never have to play that boring stage in stage practice again...

I never have to look at Sakuya's stupid face again...

I never have to feel compelled to capture Killing Doll at max rank again...

It's over...it's over...IT'S OVERRRRRRR! 8D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:48:00 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #306 on: August 21, 2011, 09:33:17 AM »
Hahaha, okay. Now do Shou and become a real man! :D

Really though. Congratulations with that perfect run. Sakuya's final spell can become quite a bitch. Nice one.

nintendonut888

« Reply #307 on: August 21, 2011, 09:38:01 AM »
Hahaha, okay. Now do Shou and become a real man! :D

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:51:36 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #308 on: August 21, 2011, 10:43:08 AM »
Now that's more like it. TD extra cleared 2/0, instead of 0/0 please die please die yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #309 on: August 21, 2011, 11:26:34 AM »
Those two bombs were during the stage because I get so bored I mess around to train my death-bombing reflex

Hmm, deathbombing lowers the rank by quite a bit in EoSD doesn't it?

No but seriously, congrats!  :V

That Killing Doll trick might be worth investigating.

« Reply #310 on: August 21, 2011, 02:04:14 PM »
Time to post a bunch of achievements I got.

Firstly, my first MoF normal 1cc, including a capture of Miracle of Otensui for the first time (the arrow bullets always screwed me up before). Was a no death run until stage 5 boss, then derped a lot on stage 6 and boss but made it out with 4 lives in stock. Now on the 6th spell of extra, whenever I don't screw up badly on Two Bows, Two Claps, One Bow.

Next, TD normal 1cc, not much of an achievement seeing how easy TD is. I've also captured all the normal cards except the last one.

I also decided to try PCB hard one day and got to Yuyuko without continuing, though I was really close to that on the Prismrivers (0 lives and bombs at the beginning of Stygian Riverside till sometime in stage 5). Captured all cards till Alice's boss battle, then captured Storybook of the Gaki Realm, Seven Sins, and Resurrection Butterfly, as well as some others.

Finally my first default lives EoSD 1cc, after a long time of not playing EoSD or one or two practice mode stages. EoSD extra is on Catadioptric now.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #311 on: August 21, 2011, 03:33:02 PM »
can this be an actual scoring strategy (10d)

[11:26] <Kyuu> I'm going to do it in Lunatic now
[11:29] <Kyuu> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7447212/th13_22.rpy
[11:30] <Kyuu> It's better than "motherfuckers"
[11:33] <Lucas> oh fuck you

also a bonus
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 03:35:40 PM by Lucas »

nintendonut888

« Reply #312 on: August 21, 2011, 04:49:01 PM »
Hmm, deathbombing lowers the rank by quite a bit in EoSD doesn't it?

People say this, but I've never seen it lower rank. Even if it did, Sakuya's fight is strangely balanced where it's just as difficult to perfect at lower ranks. While Killing Doll is easier, yes, many of her attacks are actually made harder by the fact that the bullet walls don't spread out (just compare her opener at max rank to her opener at minimum rank). Even on the rare occasions I did make it to Killing Doll at lower rank, the rank picks up quite a bit by that point and it's still difficult. X(

EDIT: For those interested, it just hit me why my trick on Killing Doll works. Though the attack is infamously random, one part is aimed: The red knives. These thick set of knives that are especially vicious are actually aimed at your position. Since not all knives are tilted during the time stop, this makes wherever they are aimed a virtual death zone. So by alternating between moving to the sides and moving back center, you can decrease the knife density you have to face significantly by avoiding this set of knives.

How I failed to notice this after over a hundred playthroughs I'll never know. It just goes to show that there are always ways to improve your technique.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:49:04 PM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #313 on: August 21, 2011, 07:56:49 PM »
:smugreimu:

Lol, I just failed big time there.  :colonveeplusalpha:
But you know, people who have perfected Shou are not allowed to post things like the below.  >:D

I think I can begin to formulate a strategy that may pull me through this resource-starved game.

« Reply #314 on: August 22, 2011, 04:24:07 PM »
Got my 4th IN Normal 1cc, with Magic Team, so I'm done with that now.

Replay here.

Now to decide what to tackle next. I'd originally planned to go on to Extra, but after watching a few replays and making a few attempts, I'm not so sure I'm even capable of clearing Extra right now, so maybe I'd be better off scrapping that part of my plan for now and moving onto another game, more than likely EoSD and trying to 1cc normal on that.

« Reply #315 on: August 22, 2011, 06:35:12 PM »
I have now made runs of Stage 3, 5 and 6 in TD Lunatic. All of them with only one spell failed. The final spell in Stage 3, the 2nd spell in Stage 5 and the 3rd spell in Stage 6. I don't feel motivated to play this game any longer though. As much as I like the new characters, the game has seriously lost its lasting appeal for me. Every time I mess up its unusually frustrating and whenever I'm doing fine, which is most of the time, It just feels as if its because the game is easy and not because I am good. And that really ruins a lot of the fun of playing a shooter imo. You are supposed to feel like a badass. And you do feel like the king of the world when you get an awesome Byakuren run but a good TD Stage 6 run just feels like a matter of course.

And then there is the thing about the stages making the stages in UFO feel bloody awesome. So... eh, to sum this up: I too am starting to feel the TD meh. So much even that I might not want to 1cc Lunatic at all. I don't have anything to prove by doing so and the game is not fun any longer. :(

« Reply #316 on: August 22, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »
I captured Red Magic for the first time =D
I didn't even mean to - it just sorta happened. I had 3 bombs in stock and there wasn't a moment in the entire card where I felt I would have to use one.

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2011, 08:31:51 PM »
Chalk up a second Extra clear for me!

Scarlet Lunatic - Sister of Scarlet cleared.  Flandre Scarlet beaten with MarisaA.  Card captures include Cranberry Trap, L?vatein, Four of a Kind, Kagome Kagome, Starbow Break, and Catadioptric.

Why, yes, I'm still shaking as I type this.  This was a very... inelegant victory but I finally did it, after a month of frustration!  Replay link will be made available... now.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15504
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:57:05 PM by Kliff »

« Reply #318 on: August 23, 2011, 12:25:24 AM »
...I....I just....

I FINALLY BEAT FLANDRE!!!

YEEEESSSSS!!!!

Take that, you insane, childish sister of the devil!

« Reply #319 on: August 23, 2011, 07:15:49 AM »
Well done. :) She was one of the tougher Extra bosses for me.

« Reply #320 on: August 23, 2011, 10:34:43 AM »
Flandre looks really fun from the replays I've seen. I can't wait to face her.

Of course, first I'd have to 1CC Normal, which invariably means getting vsync working because the input lag makes the game basically unplayable (and this is coming from someone who has a no-death PCB Phantasm without vsync).

Oh right, accomplishments, where was I...oh, right.

Mountain of Faith Normal 1CC no deaths.

FUCK YES.

nintendonut888

« Reply #321 on: August 23, 2011, 05:56:59 PM »
Seiga perfect! Not going to bother with the replay since it wasn't really that spectacular (Seiga is only really cool to watch visually when you do her wrong), but an accomplishment nonetheless!

« Reply #322 on: August 23, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »
Flandre looks really fun from the replays I've seen. I can't wait to face her.

Of course, first I'd have to 1CC Normal, which invariably means getting vsync working because the input lag makes the game basically unplayable (and this is coming from someone who has a no-death PCB Phantasm without vsync).

Oh right, accomplishments, where was I...oh, right.

Mountain of Faith Normal 1CC no deaths.

FUCK YES.

All my EoSD 1ccs and Extra clears were without Vsync patch. My No Death Phantasm and Lunatic 1cc was v-sync.

Since I plan to get back to EoSD sometime, I need to get Vsync working on it.

« Reply #323 on: August 23, 2011, 09:00:22 PM »
Ha. Would you look at that. Just as I was starting to hate Touhou due to some TD-related thing I got back into playing Mountain of Faith for the first time in way too long. I don't even think I played MoF for the entire summer vacation. It was mainly UFO, SA and some other non-shmup games.

Not only do I make a flawless run of Stage 4, including Momiji who i'm generally pretty bad at and also a semi-perfect Aya run. I call it semi-perfect because I did get hit and her 2nd non-spell. That one is normally pretty easy but the absence had made me forget how exactly to dodge it. Aya is so damn awesome. Why can't Seiga be something like that? You know, instead of making Cirno look like a hardcore Ura loop badass?

Seiga perfect! Not going to bother with the replay since it wasn't really that spectacular (Seiga is only really cool to watch visually when you do her wrong), but an accomplishment nonetheless!

Great. Now go perfect the midboss. She is quite a lot harder than Seiga.  ;)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #324 on: August 23, 2011, 09:14:30 PM »
10D Lunatic 1cc, on my first try (I seriously have either a 1/1 or 0/1 history for the spells).
Um, I don't know if it's something to be proud of, considering I literally bombed/tranced/died to every boss pattern from the stage 4 boss on.

Formless God

« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2011, 11:04:34 PM »
20 fragments. Is it possible to go higher in Lunatic ?

Ha. Would you look at that. Just as I was starting to hate Touhou due to some TD-related thing
Ha, and I was just starting to like it. Thanks to the toned down difficulty, I could finally get into
Spoiler:
scoring
because I'd be too busy staying alive otherwise.

Why can't Seiga be something like that? You know, instead of making Cirno look like a hardcore Ura loop badass?
Are you implying Seiga is not fun to play against >:D

Great. Now go perfect the midboss. She is quite a lot harder than Seiga.  ;)
but the midboss is also Seiga ?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2011, 11:13:57 PM »
Ehhhhhh
51.8m on a Normal TD Trial Clear w/ Youmu

should I be proud or not

I'll go with "yes"

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #327 on: August 24, 2011, 05:18:35 AM »
Um, Lunatic 1cc of 10D on YouTube.
Note that the actual HURR part starts at boss Seiga where I literally don't capture a single thing after her.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #328 on: August 24, 2011, 05:26:54 AM »
20 fragments. Is it possible to go higher in Lunatic ?
I don't remember if life/bomb fragment numbers change with difficulty, though you don't actually need Sanae to reach the 18-piece Extend on Lunatic at least. It just takes making sure you Trance as many spots with life pieces as possible. I wonder what the theoretical upper limit is for that counter though? I bet the 20-piece Extend is unreachable, but I'd love to see someone prove me wrong.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #329 on: August 24, 2011, 05:33:39 AM »
I wonder what the theoretical upper limit is for that counter though? I bet the 20-piece Extend is unreachable, but I'd love to see someone prove me wrong.
I doubt that it's possible, unless you somehow manage to trance after every spell. Even then, spellcards only drop one life spirit, so you'd have to trance about ~17~ more spells than I did in my 1cc.
Granted, I chose to trance the 12 bomb fragments in stage six over the four life pieces, but hey, 3 bombs > half a life.