Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207612 times)

Formless God

Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #330 on: August 24, 2011, 06:09:57 AM »
I don't remember if life/bomb fragment numbers change with difficulty, though you don't actually need Sanae to reach the 18-piece Extend on Lunatic at least. It just takes making sure you Trance as many spots with life pieces as possible. I wonder what the theoretical upper limit is for that counter though? I bet the 20-piece Extend is unreachable, but I'd love to see someone prove me wrong.
Lunatic just drops a lot more spirits. On Normal I could barely trance the first midboss if I pointblank-bombed it with Sanae (and I still had to carefully grab a couple gray spirits after it explodes :V). On Lunatic I usually have the gauge filled by the time it spawns familiars.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:11:55 AM by Anarchy Formless »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #331 on: August 24, 2011, 06:17:55 AM »
Easy and Normal enemies drop half as many blue spirits as Hard and Lunatic, or at least the opening fairies in Stage 1 do (don't quote me on this! Personal, anecdotal contribution here).
And because grey spirits appear based on how many blue spirits appear in a window of time...

Also, I can get a full trance before I hit the first midboss (Hard/Lunatic).

« Reply #332 on: August 24, 2011, 07:51:52 AM »
Ha, and I was just starting to like it. Thanks to the toned down difficulty, I could finally get into
Spoiler:
scoring
because I'd be too busy staying alive otherwise.

Score in MoF. You don't have to go out of the way for the points as the good scores are rewarded for exceptional survival play. I could never get into scoring in this however. I want to score in difficult games. Its obvious that hard part about scoring in TD is memorizing where and how to use your resources.

Are you implying Seiga is not fun to play against >:D

Let us break her down shall we? Her non-spells are all really easy. The 1st spellcard is beyond easy. Just don't shoot Yoshika and you'll be fine. The 2nd spellcard simply takes you knowing the trick to it and that too becomes easy. The 3rd card is not hard either. She is also a pretty lazy stage 4 boss. Nothing different between characters, no survival card - thankfully enough - and worst of all, easier than the Stage 2 and 3 boss.

I perfected Stage 4 in two attempts at the boss. You'd guess that a boss who can throw thunder at you would be awesome but not really. Its like, once you hit Stage 3 - the game just stops getting harder from then on. Unlike things like SA where the first three stages are pathetic compared ot stages 4,5 and 6.

but the midboss is also Seiga ?

You got me there. :) - Her attack is pretty fun to dodge though. At least in my opinion. The spellcard is beyond trivial though.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #333 on: August 24, 2011, 03:31:14 PM »
Bahaha, on a silly screwaroundlikeidontevencareifidie Lunatic run, the fairies are shitting out spirits like crazy.
I can probably get in 3 Trances in the entire Stage 1. (one before midboss, one for the first card, one for the third card)

Formless God

« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2011, 09:41:58 PM »
Its obvious that hard part about scoring in TD is memorizing where and how to use your resources.
It's pretty dynamic as there's no guaranteeing you will reach the bunch of resource enemies with enough Trance.
The game is still piss easy to memorize though :V

Her non-spells are all really easy.
easier than the Stage 2 and 3 boss.
The spellcard is beyond trivial though.
yeah except I have trouble with all of them

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2011, 09:58:34 PM »
Hey now, when did "easy" become an antonym to "fun?" Seiga may not be as punishing as Murasa, but she's still my favorite fight in the game. All of her attacks (with the exception of the second imo) are a lot of fun and have a good feel to them. Plus, DAT THEME.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2011, 11:10:21 PM »
It's pretty dynamic as there's no guaranteeing you will reach the bunch of resource enemies with enough Trance.
I would think that almost every step through the game should pretty repeatable. The thing is some shottypes (read: Marisa) have a much easier time actually doing this.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #337 on: August 25, 2011, 02:42:05 AM »
Hey now, when did "easy" become an antonym to "fun?"

When you play on lunatic mode, you're not looking for "easy." You're looking for "fun."

Seiga may not be as punishing as Murasa, but she's still my favorite fight in the game.

Murasa used to be the easiest Stage 4 boss...

« Reply #338 on: August 25, 2011, 07:20:35 AM »
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

« Reply #339 on: August 25, 2011, 09:01:19 AM »
The game is still piss easy to memorize though :V

Uhmm, yeah. The thing I meant was actually remembering how to make sure you have the trances. Memorizing the good spots to use the trances is of course easy.

yeah except I have trouble with all of them

But she is the easiest Stage 4 boss in the entire series. Why are you not as awesome as I am? - Ahem... eh, yeah. You could take Murasa. You can take Seiga too. Your problems will disappear soon.

Personally I'd say that Marisa and The Prismrivers are a hell of a lot easier. Yukari Satori too actually.

Hey now, when did "easy" become an antonym to "fun?"

It isn't necessarily. Games like Half LIfe and Mass Effect 2 are fun even if they are easy, despite being at their highest difficulty settings. However, Touhou is a bullet hell game. Its about shooting things and picking stuff up. Not getting hit in the process. This kind of gameplay would be incredibly repetitive and boring if it wasn't for the high difficulty and varied patterns as well as the demanding score systems.

When you remove the difficulty and give the bosses a handful of uninspired and lazily designed spellcards you get something that simply isn't fun. The only thing that's left is a score system that rewards you for not even fighting the bosses. Isn't that just amazing?

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2011, 09:41:17 AM »
Scarlet Meister Normal 1cc.

Fucking hell that was difficult.  :V
Stage 5 destroyed me as usual.

...but why did that not unlock the Extra stage? I know there's an Extra stage dammit.

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
« Reply #341 on: August 25, 2011, 10:17:38 AM »
Wow, congrats for the Scarlet Meister 1cc! Do you think any difficulty higher than Normal is sane to even attempt to beat? :)

« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2011, 10:23:42 AM »
Oh you were talking about that Scarlet Meister. I thought it was weird when you mentioned the game in the Rage thread. :)

Well, as far as I could see from watching videos you deserve some major kudos for having beaten it.

Jaimers

« Reply #343 on: August 25, 2011, 10:40:44 AM »
Oh derp, old version. Ex is unlocked now.  :derp:
Also, thanks guys.  :D

Do you think any difficulty higher than Normal is sane to even attempt to beat? :)

I don't know as I haven't played them much, but from what I've seen from videos it looks very learnable.

EDIT:
oh my god flandre's opener what the hell is this shit AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EDIT:
oh hai maze of love
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:07:42 PM by Jaimers »

« Reply #344 on: August 25, 2011, 02:12:14 PM »
Obligatory make vids.

Still not really playing Touhou at the moment. When I get back to it, it'll mostly be EoSD Lunatic though for a while. I'd like to explore the scoring some more in it. I would definitely need to watch replays to learn stuff like the Daiyousei trick, How to properly do the bomb grazing Meiling and maybe other spots, the Stage 5 Sakuya Graze trick, Eternal Meek safespotting, this Scarlet Gensokyo trick, and maybe some others as well as best spots to bomb and die for score. I do not know how much of it, I'd actually be able to do until I see and try it though. Plus, I do not know how much of it is applicable with MarisA. I don't know which of the tricks are doable with her and which can't. But I'd have to watch stuff and try them out first.

Heartbeam

« Reply #345 on: August 25, 2011, 03:03:53 PM »
I don't remember if life/bomb fragment numbers change with difficulty, though you don't actually need Sanae to reach the 18-piece Extend on Lunatic at least. It just takes making sure you Trance as many spots with life pieces as possible. I wonder what the theoretical upper limit is for that counter though? I bet the 20-piece Extend is unreachable, but I'd love to see someone prove me wrong.

20 fragments. Is it possible to go higher in Lunatic ?

...you know, all this time I thought you meant you collected 20 life fragments.  So I sort of went and did this for nothing, but it's good because I never actually did it before, and I always thought "well okay according to this other run I just have to die here and there somewhere and something will happen."

So here's a no-miss version and a 20(25?)-piece version from Marisa (surprise, surprise).  The no-miss could go for at least 12/20 since I didn't trance the part before the final boss nor did I trance during the final boss.  And maybe a little more.  I think I messed up the stage five midboss.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:09:00 PM by Heartbeam »

« Reply #346 on: August 25, 2011, 04:31:57 PM »
Why with Marisa ? Doesn't Sanae get more trances ?
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^

« Reply #347 on: August 25, 2011, 04:40:22 PM »

I was about to correct this until I realised that every stage 4 boss in the series is an utter bitch.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #349 on: August 26, 2011, 07:16:58 AM »
Minor one, but ah well, I think I can finally say I don't suck at Miko.

Attempted to 1CC with Marisa, did pretty damn bad up to that point, entered the fight with two lives one bomb, thinking I'm screwed...

...proceed to see Miko's boss explosion with three lives one bomb. And I didn't collect enough green spirits for a bomb extend during the fight.

« Reply #350 on: August 26, 2011, 02:05:47 PM »
Second nue spell captured on top of her without focus

I tried to time it out (70sec) while grazing, but only got to 31 seconds  :fail:

Jaimers

« Reply #351 on: August 26, 2011, 03:52:22 PM »
Scarlet Meister Normal 1cc vid.

Also fuck this Extra stage.  :colonveeplusalpha:
That opener wouldn't be nearly as hard if those knives weren't so tiny and blending in with the background so much.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:56:54 PM by Jaimers »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #352 on: August 26, 2011, 08:28:58 PM »
I finally worked up the motivation to 1cc PCB lunatic with the last remaining shot type: Reimu A. Reimu A and I have some irreconcilable differences, but I still cleared 4/2.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15585
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #353 on: August 26, 2011, 08:54:52 PM »
Captured "Mountain of Faith"! Had no lives left too which made it all the sweeter.

Jaimers

« Reply #354 on: August 26, 2011, 09:02:28 PM »
Okay, managed to get to Flandre's Counter Clock card this time. I'm also getting used to her opener now, it's not that bad anymore.

Laevateinn is complete bullshit though. If you don't get the hyper before her first swing you're pretty much fucked. Bombs obscure the laser and can kill you instantly when the bomb ends. Not to mention that she moves randomly around.

EDIT:
Oh and fuck Cranberry Trap. Major hyper cockblocking all the time.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:11:51 PM by Jaimers »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #355 on: August 26, 2011, 09:32:42 PM »
1cc of UFO Normal with Reimu A. Dat life gaining system for the win.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #356 on: August 26, 2011, 11:27:46 PM »
My first 1cc lunatic of 10d.  There's some good and a lotta bad  :V 
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15591
2lazy2createbettersig

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #357 on: August 27, 2011, 12:01:36 PM »
1CC of Ten Desires Normal with Youmu.

(yes I know I suck, TIME FOR EXTRA~!)

EDIT: Cleared Extra after one genuine game-over and several derp first-wave restarts. That was a little too easy, but DANG THAT WAS TOO FUN
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:26:41 PM by Evans in Blunderland »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #358 on: August 27, 2011, 04:08:51 PM »
Ten Desires hard 1cc with Reimu. About freaking time.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #359 on: August 27, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »
All Last Words cleared :3

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)