Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When No. 6 - Addiction Boogaloo & EoSD ver.  (Read 296521 times)

Instead of counting sheep to get to sleep, you think of something relating to Touhou (for me it's usually rote things like spellcard strategies, story outlines or other lists).

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Try memorizing the names of the spellcards from one to (PCB example) one hundred forty one :V

For some reason I can only name 120-141 consistently at all, and then it's Normal cards.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
Last night I had a dream in which I played through UFO and got a world record.
Maybe I should go back to IN again for a while...

Sounds like reference to Byakuren lunatic mode.

Funnily enough, it was Cosmic Mind I was listening to. XD
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

fondue

• excuse me
Funnily enough, it was Cosmic Mind I was listening to. XD
SUPERHUMAN "BYAKUREN HIZIRI"

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
When you play Doujin games in Japanese and despite playing the main games in English, that you'd still be able to know the name of said spell card, even if they don't almost look the same as the card from the main game (say a platformer type).

Or eventually, you'd become accustomed with reading said Spell cards in Japanese, that you'd instantly recognize them in another Doujin game, and you'd be like "Holy ****, not this!"

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
I'm unfit.
I'm going to the gym to get fit.
When I listen to Touhou music, I turn into some superhuman cardio machine for some reason. o_0
And if the music is this one, what happens?

You frame a Touhou print that you brought at an anime con in a hand painted frame that represents the character(s)/pairing(s) in said picture.

danyun

• Accomplished Lurker
  • Hey
I know when I'm addicted when I work on three of my Touhou cosplays at once and have a dream about entering a shop full of Touhou plushies and then buy a Sakuya, Cirno, and Patchy one.

When you start having dreams about Touhou you know you're addicted.
I like rain. Do you like rain?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
I have dreams where I play Touhou, and play it unrealistically well. I guess I'm not very creative.

Anyway, I'm messing with a name generator.
One of the results?

Suawor.

Soo ah wohr.

Spoiler:
Suwa War.

My reaction: :getdown:

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
Try memorizing the names of the spellcards from one to (PCB example) one hundred forty one :V
Better yet, when you do this subconsciously. Must be my good genetics.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

When I make a 3D model of my Touhou game box.
The result here: http://fav.me/d4wbkz2

Also, when I pass the rest of the day grinning because of good news Trojan Green Asteroid.

When a comment about a super messy room is made, your first thought is Marisa, even when your parents are thinking of your very messy little sister.

Suwakos Hat

• That thing on Suwako's head
  • I'm watching you
When you flash a smile to your friend (also a Touhou fan) whenever somebody says "9" or whenever we see a nineball

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
According to my iTunes; today marks my 1000th time I've listened to Bad Apple.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
'An unprecedented and tremendous force is approaching!' (DoDonPachi Resurrection, iOS/Android)

...unprecedented serious affair? ...aw, it wasn't, but it'd still fit well!

EDIT: Fixed time in link
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:48:46 PM by デモパン Hat Traders »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Okay, I was riding in the car with my dad today and he had on a 70s station on his XM Radio.  Then a band came on called 10cc, and I immediately thought "what is, a very bad playthrough of any Touhou game with infinite continues..."

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
Okay, I was riding in the car with my dad today and he had on a 70s station on his XM Radio.  Then a band came on called 10cc, and I immediately thought "what is, a very bad playthrough of any Touhou game with infinite continues..."
>a band called 10cc
>implying people here don't know 10cc already

Here: This is what a 10cc looks and sounds like. Really, there was a time when it was okay for you to look and dress like a Muppet - it was around the same time when a man could sing in falsetto and still be a success with the ladies.

And now I feel like starting the "You Know You're Like 20 Years Older Than The Fanbase Of The Game You're Playing When" thread.

BONUS TIE-IN: I'll now show another clip, from another group of the 70s (actually 60s this time). Tell me if some touhou track comes to your mind when you hear it.

Scarborough Fair - Simon and Garfunkel

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Hello again. I'm telling you people who've been looking for a music to bullet hell generator that one has been sitting in FRONT OF OUR NOSES this whole time! Now i'm not trying to advertise, so i'll keep it short. Google: Nada. I found it in the App Store though. And get this: I found it while looking for SPACE INVADERS.

It's an app for the iphone and i don't think it has a computer port though.

It's called Space Invaders Infinity Gene. I'll tell you right now. When you see level one look like boring ol' space invaders, don't turn it off in frustration. Just shoot some invaders, and watch the fun. Unfortunately, you'll have 2 play through 5 levels of just left and right movement... but then you can move freely. It may take a while, BUT... It's worth it.

Whoops! I almost forgot to mention the important part! The main menu has something labeled music. It will create an original stage depending on which song you play. Quick warning though... The music stage uses a fixed stock. The stage itself ALWAYS HAS A BOSS.  But... the boss won't appear until you reach the end of the song. The longer the song... the longer you need to survive. Also, i reused the same song... and it made the same level. But if you have tons of songs, that probably won't be a problem.

and now for the biggest downside... it costs money. 4.99 to be exact. But you should give it a look!
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

You find an extremely obscure game/anime/manga/other tv show/other comic/ect, and decide to cross it over with Touhou, as nobody else would do so and then that's yet another series that has been added to the list of things crossed over with Touhou.

...and the reason I'm not putting it online is that the game I chose is so obscure that it took me five years after it came out to learn about it.

fondue

• excuse me
When you have to use Scratch a bad game making software for a school project and you mercilessly rape it with motherfawking TOUHOU

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
When you try to memorize each of the different themes every girl has ever had.

It's

Impossible

(ʘ‿ʘ✿)
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
I'd like to think I'm getting there.

Beloved Tomboyish Daughter
Shanghai Alice of Meiji 13
The Locked Girl
Lunar Clock Luna Dial
Septette for the Dead Princess
UN Owen Was Her?
Crystallized Silver
Diao xe zong, withered leaf
Doll Judgement
Phantom Ensemble
Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird, Till When?
Bloom Nobly, Cherries of Suizome
Border of Life
The Maiden's Illusory Funeral, Necro-Fantasy
Necrofantasia
Plain Asia
Love Colored Magic
Maiden's Capriccio, Dream Battle
Lunatic Red Eyes
Gensokyo Millennium, History of the Moon
Lunatic Princess
Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke
Wind God Girl
Lord Usa's Elemental Flag
Fate of Sixty Years (I've never played PoFV?)
Because Princess Inada is Scolding Me
The Dark Side of Fate
Ryunnosuke Akutagawa's Kappa, Candid Friend
The Youkai Mountain, Mysterious Mountain
Faith is for the Transient People
The Venerable Ancient Battlefield, Suwa Foughten Field
Native Faith
Green Eyed Jealousy
A Flower Studded Sake Dish on Mt. Ooe
Satori Maiden, Third Eye
Corpse Voyage, be of good cheer!
Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom, Nuclear Fusion
Hartmann's Youkai Girl
A Tiny Tiny Clever Commander
Beware the Umbrella Left There Forever
The Stylish Girl and the Traditional Old Man
Captain Murasa
The Tiger Patterned Vaisvarana
Emotional Skyscraper, Cosmic Mind
Heian Alien
Ghost Lead
Rigid Paradise
Old Yuanxian
Legend of the Great Gods
Shoutoku Legend, True Administrator
Futatsuiwa from Sado

Oh, I remember less than I thought.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
Considering I'm usually listening to the music whenever I'm on the computer not playing the games, most of the Windows themes are ingrained in my head already, except maybe the full name of some two name ones. >_>
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

When you're pointing out a single missing song in another addicted person's list of all character theme songs, you're probably addicted. Listening to Touhou music every morning should also qualify.

You forgot my favorite theme in PoFV... Higan Retour - Riverside View. I also love U2's arrange of the same song in SWR just as much.

pineyappled

Lemme try.
Spoiler:
Apparitions Stalk the Night- Rumia
Beloved Tomboyish Girl- Cirno
Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17- Meirin
Locked Girl- Patche
Maid and the Pocket Watch of Blood- Sakuya
Septette for a Dead Princess- Remi
UN Owen- Flan
Crystallized Silver- Letty
Diao Ye Zong- Chen
Doll Judgement- Alice
Phantom Ensemble- PrismButtfucks
Hiroari Killed a Strange Bird- Youmu
Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of Sumizone/Ink Black Cherry Blossoms- Yuyu
Necro-Fantasy- Ran
Necrofantasia- Yukari
Mooned Insect?- Wriggle
Deaf to All but the Song- Mysty
Plain Asia- Keine
Master Spark- Marisa
Maiden's Capricco- Reimu
Lunatic Eyes- Reisen
Flight of the Bamboo Cutter- Kaguya
History of the Moon- Eirin
Reach for the Moon- Mokou
Poison Body- Medi
Wind God Girl- Aya
Judgement of Sixty Years- Shiki
Higan Something- Komachi
Princess Inada- Minoriko
Dark Side of Fate- Hina
Candid Friend- Nitori
Youkai Mountain/Mysterious Mountain- Aya
Faith is for the Transient Ones- Sanae
Suwa Field- Kanako
Native Faith- Suwako
Night Falls- Yukari
Legendary Fish- Iku
Wonderful Heaven?- Tenshi
Tiny, Tiny Clever Commander- Nazrin
Parasol Star Symphony?- Kogasa
Traditional Old Man and the Stylish Girl- Unzan/Ichirin
Captain Murasa- : Minamitsu
Tiger- Patterned Varishrana?- That Thing
Emotional Skyscraper- Byakuren
Ghost Lead- lolyuyu
Something at the Gate- Kyouko
Rigid Paradise- Yoshika
Yuan Xian- Seiga
Legend of the Great Gods- Futon
True Administrator- Miko
Futatsuiwa from Sado- Mamizou

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Mentally debate what my sig actually says and does...

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
I just grasped the breadth of the fact that I have played through Sengoku Gensokyo quite a few times and never have come anywhere close to playing the original.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
When you have to use Scratch a bad game making software for a school project and you mercilessly rape it with motherfawking TOUHOU

Been there, done that. Lol, scratch is terrible for making touhou games. You have to make another object for every single bullet. So I have like 100 bullet sprites lol.

fondue

• excuse me
lolyeah