Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258812 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #900 on: August 30, 2009, 09:14:46 PM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #901 on: August 30, 2009, 09:15:28 PM »
Beat Suwako's extra stage. Wasn't that great of of run, since I haven't been past Frog Is Eaten by Snake due to the Croak, before this. But I'll work on making it better later.

« Reply #902 on: August 30, 2009, 09:20:51 PM »
Died as usual: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4604

This was the hardest VoWG I've faced so far...

Whatever :/

You did quite a bit better than me on non-VoWG Kanako. I'll give you a few pointers, as I need to bombspam all the time too.

1- Try not to bomb before the waves start overlapping, as the first few waves are easy. By the time I used my first bomb, I had done more damage than you did before you game over'd. Of course, bomb anyway if you manage to trap yourself. You'll know when they'll start to overlap, as the pause between the "spawning bullets" sounds will be much shorter.

2- Dodge unfocused about 90% of the time. Before the waves overlap, you only need to focus to stop moving. It's much easier to avoid incoming walls this way. If you want, practice on Normal, moving unfocused as much as possible so you know how to do it. Focus if you want to micrododge the amulets, though.

3- Hope you get lucky. The last few waves are a clusterfuck of bullets that are impossible to read properly if you're not used to the level of density of lunatic spellcards. Well, that's actually the case for all the waves, but the first ones don't need to be read in advance.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #903 on: August 30, 2009, 09:30:04 PM »
Well...that was disappointing.

PCB Hard 1cc, including a capture of Resurrection Butterfly!  Vsync patch = magic.  PCB is disturbingly easy with it (at least on Hard, yeah, yeah, go play Lunatic, I can still capture Asura Sword and Ghost Clifford with the input lag so go away Donut, nobody likes you).

Replay, if anyone cares.

Congrats! Vsync patch is indeed pretty sweet. What's disappointing about it, though?

Beat Suwako's extra stage. Wasn't that great of of run, since I haven't been past Frog Is Eaten by Snake due to the Croak, before this. But I'll work on making it better later.

Congrats on the clear. :D

"Earth in a Pot"
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4610

...@_@ That is extremely cunning, sneaky and underhanded. It's also brilliant, so thanks for that. :D That should make it easier.
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #904 on: August 30, 2009, 09:31:28 PM »
"Earth in a Pot"
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4610

...@_@ That is extremely cunning, sneaky and underhanded. It's also brilliant, so thanks for that. :D That should make it easier.
That's what the scorerunners use for maximum graze for Time Points. It's a fact that you need to outwit Eirin.

EDIT: I can't help but notice how good my deathbomb reflex actually is. Maybe it's because I know when I'm going to get hit. Still  :V
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 09:51:54 PM by BaitySM »
<>

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #905 on: August 30, 2009, 10:17:57 PM »
I've pretty much gone insane and decided to try the extra stages on TURBO MODE.  In other words, I'm using vpatch.ini to set the FPS to 90, making everything 50% faster.

Mokou's final non-spell is....interesting.  I managed to finish the run with 1 life left and somehow capture enough to reach Imperishable Shooting, which I immediately clipdeathed of course.

Suwako is pretty much destroying me though.

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #906 on: August 30, 2009, 10:22:04 PM »

Congrats on the clear. :D

Thank you. I'll work on Mokou next, but I still need to practice, Possessed by Phoenix, some more.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #907 on: August 30, 2009, 10:40:28 PM »
Congrats! Vsync patch is indeed pretty sweet. What's disappointing about it, though?
PCB is disappointingly easy without the OHLOL INPUT LAG YOU DIE NOW LOLOLOL.  With it I'd have died at least three times between Chen and Alice.

...like I usually did.  Now the Hard 1cc was a breeze.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #908 on: August 30, 2009, 11:27:00 PM »
I just pulled off LFO lunatic with one death. o_O Shame the rest of the run was shit.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #909 on: August 30, 2009, 11:35:49 PM »
So how's Legendary Flying Object Lunatic Compared to VoWG Lunatic anyways?

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #910 on: August 31, 2009, 12:06:52 AM »
It's kinda hard to say.  Those of us who can read VoWG have learned to do so through a few hundred runs.  Since that kind of time hasn't been devoted to LFO yet, it'd be a rather unfair comparison to make.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #911 on: August 31, 2009, 12:08:12 AM »
Huh, sweet. I just attempted to 1cc MoF Lunatic seriously for the first time. I didn't succeed but it was still pretty encouraging; seems my weak spot is actually Stage 3. I died once to Stage 2, three times to Stage 3, twice to Aya and then I got raped by the faries at the beginning of Stage 5 since I had 0 lives and 0 power. After I continued, though, I beat Stage 5 and Stage 6 and had two lives to spare by the end of it. I'm thinking I can get this 1cc very soon, as long as I stop getting clipped by Nitori. :V
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #912 on: August 31, 2009, 12:13:43 AM »
Until its last phase, it's easier than VoWG. While it thrives on confusing you with bullets that constantly change their trajectory from all sides, it's generally doable to read and anticipate how to move. Then the last phase comes and it becomes a clusterfuck that's all but impossible to anticipate. Worse, bombs have never hurt more than in LFO. Not only does she gain the token bomb invincibility, but the bombs only take out bullets they touch, and even then it does it in five second~ intervals, so there's a chance it won't take out anything at all when it comes time to dodge again. Worst of all, Byakuren remains invincible for two seconds after your bomb invincibility wears off, handicapping you more. Lastly, unlock in VoWG, you can't take out bullets while invincible; you'll just pass through them.

So yeah, it's hard. :V In a ranking of final boss final attacks, I'd place it above Hourai Jewel, and about equal to or even a bit harder than Resurrection Butterfly (since that's a timeout attack and therefore bombs technically are effective).

But like Krim says, it's hard to say at this point. I have less trouble on Scarlet Gensokyo, but I've faced that attack 270 times and in the grand scheme of things would definitely place it near the top in final boss spell card difficulty. LFO's patterns seem to be mostly selected from a set of preset patterns, so in time I may figure out how to read the last phase correctly.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #913 on: August 31, 2009, 01:04:52 AM »
Got tired of VoWG and decided to try some PCB

Got to Yuyuko with 2 lives and died pretty quickly.

I had no idea I was good enough to get to Yuyuko on my second ever try of PCB Hard o_o

Stage 4 is hell, I still hate the Prismrivers and Youmu is still a bitch =(
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

nintendonut888

« Reply #914 on: August 31, 2009, 01:17:55 AM »
Now THAT's the kind of run I like to see! UFO stage 4 lunatic, one death on the stage, one death on Murasa (her god damned third non-spell). Didn't save the replay because, uh...hell, why DIDN'T I save it? ???

Bananamatic

« Reply #915 on: August 31, 2009, 01:54:33 AM »
Had a pretty cool run on Nue - captured 8 cards and finished with 3 lives and over 200k points. SanaeB, but still.....
Failed first 2 Kogasa's cards, Undefined Darkness, her survival and the final one....not bad I guess, considering that I couldn't capture the green and rainbow UFOs before.

« Reply #916 on: August 31, 2009, 01:54:54 AM »
I have no idea why, but it seems that Nue is weak against Marisa.

Like MarisA, I managed to beat her on my first go with MarisB.

WTH?

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #917 on: August 31, 2009, 02:54:55 AM »
*pant* I... *pant* Did it... *more panting for several seconds* ...I got to Orin's final spell on Normal...

*pant* Here's the... *pant* replay... http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4614

*collapses*

nintendonut888

« Reply #918 on: August 31, 2009, 04:35:08 AM »
Just did an awesome playthrough of IN stage 4b. No deaths, perfected the stage portion, and captured every spell card except for Event Horizon (random luck placed the stars in a way so that my method for this card became impossible. I didn't upload the replay THIS time because...! I decided that when I finally get around to recording videos, this will be my test video to see how it looks.

I should probably do something if I'm going to talk like this... ;^_^

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #919 on: August 31, 2009, 05:17:14 AM »
Yeeeaaahhh!

UFO Extra clear with ReimuA with 1 life 0 bomb left.
Entered Nue with 3 lives 2 bombs, Captured most cards except Guerrilla Typhoon, Blue UFO, Rainbow UFO, and Nue's last spell.
Got my first capture of Nightmare of Heiankyou finally as well. >_>
Thought I was going to die while being cornered on the bottom-left during Undefined Darkness and bombed right after getting the Spellcard Bonus. lol.  :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #920 on: August 31, 2009, 06:22:30 AM »
"LFO" Lunatic

I swear it looks like it can be micromemorized or something. It's appears to be harder than "VoWG"MoF S6 SC5, as it requires reading from all sorts of directions, and amulets themselves fly in much weirder directions, etc. Also, those yellow ones are impossible for me to see; I can survive on red alone (yes, you heard me right) for a rather long time before I clip myself by doing something stupid or by walling.

I'm still working on consistent survival by the way, so like the others, it's hard to compare it to other Spell Cards at this point.

Beware, ridiculous on-the-fly dodging is apparent.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #921 on: August 31, 2009, 06:38:35 AM »
I still can't manage Magical Butterfly lunatic even after watching that video. No matter what I do, I either get sandwiched between the butterfly bullets or trapped and forced to eat laser. To the uninformed, this attack becomes leaps and bounds harder on lunatic than it does on normal or even hard.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #922 on: August 31, 2009, 07:17:34 AM »
Count the number of lasers fired and adjust yourself accordingly. There are special spots though.

After the 5th laser, prepare to aim the 6th laser directly down the middle. Move to the side a bit afterwards; everything will miss if you did it right.

For the ridiculous part after the 7th laser (you'll know which one I'm talking about) it's either:

• Stay closer to the center, and move "away" between the 2nd and 3rd butterflies; reactional
or
  • Move into the right temp-safespot

If the Spell Card isn't down by now (3.xx Power with SanaeB seems to have done it; ReimuA is much better forward long-distance so this should be fine), then it should still be smooth sailing for like, the next 4-5 seconds.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #923 on: August 31, 2009, 08:02:33 AM »
Count the number of lasers fired and adjust yourself accordingly. There are special spots though.

After the 5th laser, prepare to aim the 6th laser directly down the middle. Move to the side a bit afterwards; everything will miss if you did it right.

*tries*

How did we survive so long without someone with a degree in spell card theory? <3 Add that to the achievement pile. I didn't capture the spell card, but the part I keep dying on is the sixth laser.

So, I was randomly playing stage 3 as usual (ironically, because it's my least favorite stage, it's the one I play the most), I was doing the second half like normal, when something clicked. I suddenly realized how to do the spinning around the enemies, how to destroy the purple wall spawners and compensate for the extra bullets. And now I have perfected the second half of stage 3 twice. In one of those runs, I also succeeded in dying only once the entirety of the stage. I shouldn't have to say it, but I will anyway:

KING KRAKEN PUNCH.

My god, ZUN was supposed to nerf this like he did Shackles a Criminal Can't Remove. Maybe not THAT much, but at least TONE IT DOWN. This attack joins Omoikane's Brain and Genetics of the Subconscious as some of the worst designed and unfun danmaku in the history of Touhou.

But I've also gotten down Consecutive Hooks pretty well. My analysis of the brofist hitbox is as follows: Don't stay near the bottom during the second spell card, you WILL get clipped by the bottom of the fist. The only things that kill me now are stray bullets that I run into unfocused.

Finally, I did it at last: I beat LFO without dying (only one bomb used as well). Sadly, I can't have it both ways; I either do good on the rest of the fight and suck royally at LFO, or I do good at LFO to balance out doing terribly on the rest of the fight. The best I've managed is 3 deaths.

One last thing: I'd appreciate it if you'd analyze the best way to dodge the large bullets that fall upon your position in Devil's Recitation.

EDIT: AUGH. LFO LUNATIC ALMOST CAPTURED. It had a sliver of life left. Perhaps this is doable?

EDIT 2: Cool beans, another VoWG lunatic capture. Those are always nice.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:56:28 AM by nintendonut888 »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #924 on: August 31, 2009, 10:29:24 AM »
One last thing: I'd appreciate it if you'd analyze the best way to dodge the large bullets that fall upon your position in Devil's Recitation.
Which large bullets? The ones that fall randomly upon your position (reddish outline), or the aimed (or static; haven't checked) ones that form zig-zags (bluish outline)? If it's the former, then you'll just need to have a quick mind. If it's the latter, then I wouldn't bother trying to misdirect them or do something extreme with them. Though, you may just want to misdirect the evil bubble bullets away from the center.

EDIT: AUGH. LFO LUNATIC ALMOST CAPTURED. It had a sliver of life left. Perhaps this is doable?
Omnidirectional reading is hard, no? Hey, at least you didn't smack yourself as the Spell Card was dissipating during a normal run  :V
<>

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #925 on: August 31, 2009, 12:20:35 PM »
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS CLOSE. @_@

And that brings me to three. MoF Lunatic 1cc'd!

The run went mostly well except for Aya's 2nd non-card which I died twice to, and VoWG for obvious reasons. Lots of bombing going on as per usual, but hey, a clear's a clear. :D
Let's fight.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #926 on: August 31, 2009, 02:04:57 PM »
Just captured Unreasonable Butterfly Storm in IN, I heard somewhere it was a pretty insane spell card, didn't take me that much tries but I felt proud when I did it anyway  :V

Here's how I did it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOh0bPY6w8s&feature=channel_page

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #927 on: August 31, 2009, 02:19:38 PM »
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS CLOSE. @_@

And that brings me to three. MoF Lunatic 1cc'd!

The run went mostly well except for Aya's 2nd non-card which I died twice to, and VoWG for obvious reasons. Lots of bombing going on as per usual, but hey, a clear's a clear. :D

Congrats man!!

I watched your replay and you really don't like going to the POC do you? hahaha

Your VoWG was pretty good too :)

Hopefully I'll beat it on Hard today to move on to PCB and EoSD...
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Matsuri

« Reply #928 on: August 31, 2009, 03:19:26 PM »
Just captured Unreasonable Butterfly Storm in IN, I heard somewhere it was a pretty insane spell card, didn't take me that much tries but I felt proud when I did it anyway  :V

Here's how I did it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOh0bPY6w8s&feature=channel_page

There's an easier way to do that one-- you don't have to do any horizontal movement at all! That spell card really messed me up until I realized I you can do the whole card somewhat easily if you stay in the dead center of the screen and move up and down.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #929 on: August 31, 2009, 03:23:57 PM »

There's an easier way to do that one-- you don't have to do any horizontal movement at all! That spell card really messed me up until I realized I you can do the whole card somewhat easily if you stay in the dead center of the screen and move up and down.
omg  :(