Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258803 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #600 on: August 21, 2009, 04:41:07 AM »
My voice isn't quite as nerdy as most LPers sound (at least to myself), but I don't like it. Not gonna do any LPs even if I had the equipment to do so.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 05:21:09 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #601 on: August 21, 2009, 04:50:16 AM »
I should so totally get a mic and start doing actual commentaries. This way, donut can find out my gender oh ho ho ho ho

In all seriousness; microphones... talking while simultaneously trying to focus on dodging bullets is a lot harder than it seems apparently. Yeah, I want to seriously try this out, and see how much I would suffer in the process.
It is definitely distracting; I'd recommend a difficulty lower than what you have trouble with (i.e. Lunatic.  In other words, DON'T DO WHAT I JUST DID).

Love your voice (not sure why), and... haven't seen you around in a while  :V
oh so you're a girl

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #602 on: August 21, 2009, 05:10:37 AM »
Funnily enough, ever since I heard that trying to do commentary makes you worse at Touhou, I've taken to making quips to myself out loud while playing. It's not hard, but I guess consciously thinking about what you say would be distracting. All the more reason not to do a Touhou LP and stick to regular videos.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #603 on: August 21, 2009, 05:11:34 AM »
Oh lol. I opened up MoF out of boredom and chose Extra after not playing MoF for months. It's been so long, I forgot all of Suwako's attacks except her final card.

Beat the stage with only one death (Suwako's second survival card) and all but two cards captured (the other was Kanako's third spellcard).

She's even easier than I remembered.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #604 on: August 21, 2009, 06:00:08 AM »
YEEAAAHHHH!!!

Finally, I managed to 1cc Easy a real Touhou game! And it's the easiest game that I've tackled so far, Mountain of Faith. Although I died about 3 times on Kanako's "Mountain of Faith," everything up until that point was no problem at all.

Well, time to update my list:
PoDD - 1cc Easy
MS - 2cc Easy (just 1 minute ago)
TEoSD - 3cc Normal
PCB - 2cc Easy
PoFV - 1cc Easy
MoF - 1cc Easy
UFO - Easy Clear

I'll start playing IN and SA, now.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 06:37:02 AM by Nwbi »

JoonK

• Touhou scrub
  • Life's a game but it's not fair~
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #605 on: August 21, 2009, 06:35:35 AM »
I managed to finally complete UFO on Normal difficulty.

Of course this is after a huge amount of continues. But this is special because this is the first game I have beaten all by myself, no hints, not cleared score datas, just me and a worn out keyboard.

If you want to see the video, with commentary, its http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vJ1oME29KA. I don't think I'm crazy at Touhou or anything, believe me. But I am pretty proud of this achievement, however trivial it seems to you guys.
Yuka <3
^^^ Links to newest/best YT upload

nintendonut888

« Reply #606 on: August 21, 2009, 07:38:59 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4446

I decided on a complete whim (oh god not again) to play PCB lunatic with Reimu B for the first time ever. In my most sucktastic run ever, I clear 5/1. It would have been 6/1, but I sucked really badly at getting point items so I didn't even approach the 1100 point item extend. I guess this could be thought of as awesome...if you swing that way I mean. This also seems to mean I've beaten this game's lunatic with all 3 characters.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #607 on: August 21, 2009, 07:59:02 AM »
Wow, new achievement somewhat from a poor player = I got 4 lives left after beating Byakuren!

on easy.

yeah, I think that is worthy of mention. because I usually get zero.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4447

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:06:10 AM by 名無の妖精さん »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #608 on: August 21, 2009, 09:21:06 AM »
1cc UFO Normal with ReimuA with 2 lives 0 bomb left!

Can't believe it, I did Stage 4 Practice on SanaeB for like 10 times and never did a perfect Murasa boss fight, and rarely not die on the stage while trying to get UFOs.
Now I decided to try using ReimuA to attemp 1cc, I entered Stage 4 with 6 lives 0 bombs, I went out of it with 8lives 0 bombs no death, then did a perfect Murasa battle.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #609 on: August 21, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »
Finally 1cced Normal with Marisa A. 1 life, 2 bombs left.
FUCK YOU MURASA FOR EATING MY LIVES
FUCK YOU SYOU FOR EATING MY LIVES AS WELL
FUCK YOU BYAKUREN FOR NOT LETTING ME CAPTURE FLYING FANTASIA AGAIN (This time, she just had 2 % life left)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #610 on: August 21, 2009, 05:21:49 PM »
...Oh man, oh Christ, oh HOLY SHIT YES HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ahem.

Almost a year ago, I beat EoSD Extra for the first time. Today, I finally beat it flawlessly. :D

EoSD Extra Perfect Clear!

Now excuse me while I go and have a heart attack. :V
Let's fight.

« Reply #611 on: August 21, 2009, 05:43:13 PM »

Ahem.

Almost a year ago, I beat EoSD Extra for the first time. Today, I finally beat it flawlessly. :D

You are awesome, congrats.

ClockworkDreams

« Reply #612 on: August 21, 2009, 07:31:24 PM »
Just a personal goal, but I managed to make a 1cc of UFO on normal within a week of it coming out!

Wow. Has it really only been a week?

Bananamatic

« Reply #613 on: August 21, 2009, 09:41:01 PM »
UFO 1cc Normal with Sanae B done.
Had almost max lives at start of stage 5, and finished with only 3 lives left....Shou's fight was pretty much shotgunning her and when she did anything, bomb.
Same for Byakuren.....
Anyways, time to get owned at Nue.

EDIT: First attempt, captured some of the spells and made it to Danmaku Chimera....not bad I guess, considering that even reaching Koishi took me 10 attempts.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 09:49:48 PM by Bananamatic »

theshirn

« Reply #614 on: August 21, 2009, 10:01:34 PM »

Ahem.

WOW.  HOLY CRAP AMAZING.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #615 on: August 21, 2009, 10:23:29 PM »

Ahem.

Good job, really. I'm still trying to beat Flandre without dying (got to Q.E.D last try, but died rather quickly). Just beat a few lunatics and you'll have me Parseeing over your skills that are vastly superior to mine.

theshirn

« Reply #616 on: August 21, 2009, 10:36:03 PM »
Finally got to Nue...that Extra is going to take a very, very long time to learn.

Also, OHGOD THE UFOs ARE ATTACKING

Lost on her third card.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #617 on: August 21, 2009, 10:38:36 PM »
I was able to 1cc the UFO demo on Easy... Yes, you may laugh at my skill level since 1ccing a DEMO on easy mode is an accomplishment for me...

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #618 on: August 22, 2009, 12:16:11 AM »
You are awesome, congrats.
WOW.  HOLY CRAP AMAZING.
Good job, really. I'm still trying to beat Flandre without dying (got to Q.E.D last try, but died rather quickly). Just beat a few lunatics and you'll have me Parseeing over your skills that are vastly superior to mine.

Hehe, thanks for the congrats. :D Also, Donut, I'm still nowhere near your level; EoSD Extra is pretty much the only thing I'm that good at since I play it about five times as often as anything else. Also, currently uploading a video of the replay to YouTube; Drake's awesome guide is awesome, etc.

I was able to 1cc the UFO demo on Easy... Yes, you may laugh at my skill level since 1ccing a DEMO on easy mode is an accomplishment for me...

Congrats! :) It's nothing to laugh at, an achievement is an achievement and it shows you're improving, regardless of difficulty (also for what it's worth UFO has possibly the hardest first three levels in the entire series). Keep it up!

EDIT: Okay, videos are on YouTube. Flan's fight is still being processed so it's not in HD yet, please wait warmly, etc.

Part 1 (stage), Part 2 (Flan)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 01:58:29 AM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #619 on: August 22, 2009, 12:19:29 AM »
Heck freaking yes.

Finally cleared EoSD Extra with MarisA (aka Touhou on Ice), getting through QED on my first attempt.  QED wasn't that terrible, although that was probably because MarisA was kind enough to cut Flandre's HP enough that there was only one difficult dodge to make before she died.

I spent half the time fighting Patchouli and Flandre thinking "wow, I haven't been clipped yet".  The other half of the time was spent thinking "wow, I totally just ran into that slow-moving bullet because I didn't have anywhere else to go".

Cut by above post:  I know, I know, I'm joining the rest of the civilized world with this one.

« Reply #620 on: August 22, 2009, 12:57:04 AM »
I finally got to Hiziri on UFO normal. It took major bomb abuse to get past Shou, but hopefully now I can practice stage 5 to the point were I will only lose a life or two on it rather than about six.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #621 on: August 22, 2009, 03:23:55 AM »
I managed to make it all the way to Shou before having to continue. I then proceeded to be utterly obliterated by her first spell card, but hey, I'm definitely getting better...

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #622 on: August 22, 2009, 04:03:58 AM »
YEESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got past Ichirin without dying once to her, and now I'm at Muramasa with six lives! I might actually have a shot at a 1cc! ...Although, stage 5 could be capable of taking all that down by itself .-. Then again, I might be able to...

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #623 on: August 22, 2009, 09:11:45 AM »
I'll close the night by saying that I (barely) 1cc'd UFO on Easy. It wasn't my intention to; I was just trying out Reimu B, and... that happened.

That's two games down (or four, counting the Phantasmagorias)...

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #624 on: August 22, 2009, 11:59:26 AM »
UFO Hard Unlocked and ready to practice.

Blind run went great up until Syou, where I died horribly due to the extreme unfamiliarity of the Spell Cards.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

• I cannot and will not learn.
  • Letty is sick of my shit.
« Reply #625 on: August 22, 2009, 12:25:21 PM »
MS Extra Stage clear.
First Extra, fuck year!

« Reply #626 on: August 22, 2009, 02:22:13 PM »
UFO Lunatic Stage 4 perfect run. (replay)

This run came together a lot quicker than expected. It took a while to get those non-spells down. But aside from boss movements, they're completely static - the individual waves are perfectly identical to each other. So it basically comes down to devising a path to walk and applying it every time. That last non-spell is still luck-based bullshit though - you constantly get screwed over by bullets bleeding in from the previous spellcard, and if Murasa ever moves too far downward, the waves will just be too dense to dodge.

As for the spellcards: the second one is fucking hard, but very doable and very fun. The rest is basically figuring out the trick to it, and can be captured consistently once you do (though I very nearly screwed up near the end of the survival card).

Anyway, this stage is fucking awesome. Seriously, this is probably the best stage since IN stage 4 powerful. :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #627 on: August 22, 2009, 05:58:12 PM »
I captured Danmaku Chimera :V
And then died 2 times on the green UFO.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #628 on: August 22, 2009, 07:53:46 PM »
My first time reaching Nue, I brought her down to 3 lifebars left. :V

Totally blind, too. I have no idea where I pulled some of those dodges. I finally died to the spellcard where she charges you, obscuring some bullets in black mist.

Wish I would have saved the replay.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #629 on: August 22, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »
Managed to reach Byakuren's Shinkin card in a 1cc attempt. So close... So very close...