Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258756 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #570 on: August 20, 2009, 03:07:15 AM »
Captured Syou's laser spin and her final attack on Normal. Bet I'll mess up both on a 1cc attempt.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #571 on: August 20, 2009, 03:45:36 AM »
ReimuA, 1cced all the way up Stage 5 and beat it.  Then I messed up while playing dodge ball with the mobs in the beginning.  The "Full" item not Nue dropped is useless, seriously.  She can at least drop a bomb for crying out loud.  The fairies she spams out already drops nice power already in case you actually died in the Stage.

I bombed Byakuren's opening, first time doing it, didn't know the trick.  Now I kind of do.  Died by clipdeath on Purple Clouds.  Second Non-card, easy.  Died on Lasers in Makai Butterfly, the laser is quite frequent.  Bombed the third non-card, Bombed Star Maelstrom.  Messed up again in the last non-card, game over.

After a few continues, I grew to hate the dodge ball part.  But Byakuren is quite easy, though I did not make it to her penultimate card.

Now to practice Stage 5 like mad.

« Reply #572 on: August 20, 2009, 05:54:53 AM »
Got through nearly all of IN Extra no-vert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOnsVi4ToLE&fmt=22 Stage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsz3Qs0RVoI&fmt=22 Mokou

It's actually fairly easy, then becomes completely impossible  :(

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #573 on: August 20, 2009, 06:47:31 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4429

There. I beat Miss Irritating Flandre Ripoff. Amazing how that works, eh? I finally don't die or have to bomb spam (still had to use one though due to *GASP* ME being stupid) her Red UFO card, and suddenly I get through the majority of her fight without dying. Then cue a stupid death due to me never facing her survival card before, and me capturing her final spell card (which is the only spell card besides the Chimera one that's any fun).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 06:53:59 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

nintendonut888

« Reply #574 on: August 20, 2009, 08:20:43 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4430

Okay, this is just insulting. I haven't done a full game run of SA lunatic ever since I finally pulled off my first 1cc of it through blood sweat and tears (anyone who paid attention on the last forum will remember my little...hate-hate affair with SA). After beating UFO extra, I got that "itch" that crazy raving lunatics sometimes get to do a cold run of a game's lunatic. This itch was for SA, something I never intended to do again until I had a better computer. Well, not only did I 1cc second try (first try was a laugh track of failures on stage 1), it was with less slowdown mysteriously!

But what's insulting is how FUCKING HORRIBLE this run was. Seriously, I clip deathed Parsee's opener, died to her SECOND SPELL CARD in the most retarded way possible, died 2 or 3 times on Yugi's stage (you can tell I wasn't serious about this by the fact that I didn't restart), and I still managed to clear Utsuho with 0 lives. This just feels like a mockery of all the genuine hard work I put into the first 1cc.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #575 on: August 20, 2009, 01:01:21 PM »
...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

So close. SO CLOSE. ARGH. GODDAMNIT WHY DO I ALWAYS FUCK UP THE BLUE WALLS IN ATWTBN? ;_; Maaaaaaaaaaan that sucks.

Having said that... EoSD Extra 0 deaths 1 bomb clear. HELL YES.
Let's fight.

« Reply #576 on: August 20, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »
And the blue walls of all places! Damn, i think i know how you feel. Seriously, that sucks dude. Capping QED and bombing ATWTBN. That's just a slap to the face.

nintendonut888

« Reply #577 on: August 20, 2009, 06:21:51 PM »
That must suck. The blue walls are easy though: Just circle around the outside of the screen and there will always be an opening.

As for me, this doesn't really count as an accomplishment, but...I...have a new computer. Anyone who's cared to notice will know the significance of this for me.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #578 on: August 20, 2009, 06:45:43 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4430

Okay, this is just insulting. I haven't done a full game run of SA lunatic ever since I finally pulled off my first 1cc of it through blood sweat and tears (anyone who paid attention on the last forum will remember my little...hate-hate affair with SA). After beating UFO extra, I got that "itch" that crazy raving lunatics sometimes get to do a cold run of a game's lunatic. This itch was for SA, something I never intended to do again until I had a better computer. Well, not only did I 1cc second try (first try was a laugh track of failures on stage 1), it was with less slowdown mysteriously!

But what's insulting is how FUCKING HORRIBLE this run was. Seriously, I clip deathed Parsee's opener, died to her SECOND SPELL CARD in the most retarded way possible, died 2 or 3 times on Yugi's stage (you can tell I wasn't serious about this by the fact that I didn't restart), and I still managed to clear Utsuho with 0 lives. This just feels like a mockery of all the genuine hard work I put into the first 1cc.

It desyncs at Utsuho...

Actually, I've never been able to view a full replay. They all desynch during Utsuho's fight.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Bananamatic

« Reply #579 on: August 20, 2009, 06:53:14 PM »
It desyncs at Utsuho...
Actually, I've never been able to view a full replay. They all desynch during Utsuho's fight.

Almost all full SA replays desync IIRC, try running it from stage 5 without fast forward.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #580 on: August 20, 2009, 07:19:05 PM »
And the blue walls of all places! Damn, i think i know how you feel. Seriously, that sucks dude. Capping QED and bombing ATWTBN. That's just a slap to the face.

Indeed. ;_;

That must suck. The blue walls are easy though: Just circle around the outside of the screen and there will always be an opening.

Ah righty, I'll try that next time. Perfect run, here I come~

As for me, this doesn't really count as an accomplishment, but...I...have a new computer. Anyone who's cared to notice will know the significance of this for me.

Awesome. So we can be expecting a Lunatic UFO 1cc within a few days, then? :D
Let's fight.

« Reply #581 on: August 20, 2009, 08:41:34 PM »
Yeah! Virtue of Wind God Lunatic Capture!! Now i can die in peace.

A spellcard which is fun to do, even when you fail it! That's rare. The history says 1/25 but i'm not that good. I did try at least 40 times with ReimuA a couple months back and another 20 with ReimuB some months bkac so i guess it makes it about 80-90 attempts.

Now for my next big endeavour. Trying to get some sleep with all that adrenaline in my blood mixed with just having drunk a lot of soda combined with the fact that there is a thunder storm outside my window. Wish me luck.

Drake

« Reply #582 on: August 20, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »
You know that SA Stage 6 Lunatic TAS I did a while ago with ReimuC? Yeah, I redid the part where I circle around SubSun. Very entertaining until the end where I bomb like twice from stupid errors.

Will be on Youtube sometime eventually. Can't give replay due to desync from other hax involved.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #583 on: August 20, 2009, 10:40:07 PM »
<3

Time for you to legitimately 1cc LLS and MS. LLS is easy enough  :V

Also, I found a way to bypass the crashing for SA when saving replays (stage practice only).
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #584 on: August 20, 2009, 10:58:43 PM »
I am returning from my self-imposed two-week internet exile for one reason and one reason only.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

nintendonut888

« Reply #585 on: August 20, 2009, 11:21:05 PM »
The image doesn't load. :P

Also, I'd say hi but you're already gone. :<

* Donut cries

<3

Time for you to legitimately 1cc LLS and MS. LLS is easy enough  :V

Also, I found a way to bypass the crashing for SA when saving replays (stage practice only).

I've already done LLS lunatic legitimately on a school computer. That's actually when I perfected Kurumi and Elly on max rank. :O

EDIT: Oh it does load.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:25:40 PM by nintendonut888 »

Drake

« Reply #586 on: August 20, 2009, 11:21:28 PM »
You know that SA Stage 6 Lunatic TAS I did a while ago with ReimuC? Yeah, I redid the part where I circle around SubSun. Very entertaining until the end where I bomb like twice from stupid errors.

Will be on Youtube sometime eventually. Can't give replay due to desync from other hax involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0qn_2puEuk&hd=1

WHEEEEEEEEE

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #587 on: August 20, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
I've already done LLS lunatic legitimately on a school computer. That's actually when I perfected Kurumi and Elly on max rank. :O
LLS has rank?

nintendonut888

« Reply #588 on: August 20, 2009, 11:27:20 PM »
LLS has rank?

Kurumi's second phase on lunatic normally: A bit claustrophobic but doable.

Kurumi's second phase on max rank: OMG WTF BOMB BOMB BOMB

That's how I know rank exists in LLS.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #589 on: August 20, 2009, 11:41:03 PM »
LLS has a nasty rank system. See: Stage 4 enemies' snowballs being shot at you at a really, really fast rate as you progress through.

No-Focus SA S4 Lunatic coming up. It's not perfect, but still.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #590 on: August 21, 2009, 12:23:39 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4443

In a random run of Byakuren (I'm beginning to love her fight...except for her fourth non-spell), I ended up capturing every spell card on hard except for her fifth spell card. This was the first time I captured her first, third, and sixth spell cards. Pretty awesome IMO.

Bananamatic

« Reply #591 on: August 21, 2009, 12:46:32 AM »
Byakuren's a fun final boss~
Gamer masochism at its finest.
To me, Stage 6 is all about getting enough bombs to bomb 3/4 of the entire Byakuren fight and then lucking out on the final spellcard.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #592 on: August 21, 2009, 12:48:59 AM »
after trying(and failing) to 1cc UFO Normal, i randomly try MoF Normal on Reimu B.

now, keep in mind, i have never done any game besides UFO on Normal.

i got to Kanako's last spell and got it down to about half health. on my first try ever.

HOW THE HELL DID I DO THAT?!

Bananamatic

« Reply #593 on: August 21, 2009, 01:56:18 AM »
FINALLY defeated Koishi(1 bomb 0 lives left :V)
Died in stage once, then no death until Embers of Love(0 power=survival, got walled), then lost one life on Genetics(15 seconds left, RAGE) and entered Subterranean Rose with 3 lives.....lost first one due to backrape(ring was almost gone but the roses still pwnt me since I hugged the bottom) and pretty much purely bombed the last phase.
94 attempts on Sanae's first card, 52 on Koishi's first.....only Flandre was harder so far.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #594 on: August 21, 2009, 02:08:14 AM »
FINALLY defeated Koishi(1 bomb 0 lives left :V)
Died in stage once, then no death until Embers of Love(0 power=survival, got walled), then lost one life on Genetics(15 seconds left, RAGE) and entered Subterranean Rose with 3 lives.....lost first one due to backrape(ring was almost gone but the roses still pwnt me since I hugged the bottom) and pretty much purely bombed the last phase.
94 attempts on Sanae's first card, 52 on Koishi's first.....only Flandre was harder so far.

Koishi is the hardest Extra boss, IMO. Big congrats. :D
Let's fight.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #595 on: August 21, 2009, 02:12:00 AM »
after trying(and failing) to 1cc UFO Normal, i randomly try MoF Normal on Reimu B.

now, keep in mind, i have never done any game besides UFO on Normal.

i got to Kanako's last spell and got it down to about half health. on my first try ever.

HOW THE HELL DID I DO THAT?!
You've obviously improved at touhou. =V

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #596 on: August 21, 2009, 02:37:49 AM »
and MoF is the easiest Normal game.

congrats :D
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #597 on: August 21, 2009, 02:54:26 AM »
Byakuren's a fun final boss~
Gamer masochism at its finest.
No, that's me :V :V :V

Anyway, where was I...?
No-Focus SA S4 Lunatic coming up. It's not perfect, but still.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFZO8ZjORNk

It's definitely possible to 2-3 bomb clear this. But...  >_>
<>

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #598 on: August 21, 2009, 04:09:56 AM »
SCIENCE!

Yeah, yeah, it was a) horrible and b) needs a lot of work, but hey, looky, I'm'a gonna do Let's Plays of Touhou!  Wooooooo!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #599 on: August 21, 2009, 04:38:35 AM »
I should so totally get a mic and start doing actual commentaries. This way, donut can find out my gender oh ho ho ho ho

In all seriousness; microphones... talking while simultaneously trying to focus on dodging bullets is a lot harder than it seems apparently. Yeah, I want to seriously try this out, and see how much I would suffer in the process.

Love your voice (not sure why), and... haven't seen you around in a while  :V
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 04:41:07 AM by BaitySM »
<>