Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258361 times)

Kanako Yasaka

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #540 on: August 18, 2009, 07:24:47 PM »
1cc'd UFO normal yay

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #541 on: August 18, 2009, 07:43:02 PM »
Capped Resurrection butterfly -50% Reflowering.

Is this much of an accomplishment? I heard the Lunatic version is one of the hardest cards in the series, but I capped the one right below it with relative ease (My first Hard clear of PCB, too. 1 continue used.)

Let's just put it this way.

I think 50% is a piece of cake but 80% difficult. Not IN Yuyuko Last Word difficult but still much more difficult than 50%.
Well, up to hard you can just go through the red butterfly waves before they unfold, which makes the card comparably easy.
This method ceases to work on lunatic. <.<
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #542 on: August 18, 2009, 08:57:14 PM »
Dunno if you guys have seen this, but:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7969892

Someone's already 1cc'd UFO lunatic. Perhaps it'd be good to study this video?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #543 on: August 18, 2009, 09:17:40 PM »

Replay here: http://score.royalflare.net/th12/replay12/th12_ud0061.rpy
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #544 on: August 18, 2009, 09:52:16 PM »

...HOLY SHIT. THAT IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS. @_@ AND HE FINISHED WITH SEVEN LIVES LEFT OVER AND CAPTURED THE SURVIVAL CARD AND SHINKI AND ZIG-ZAGS AND LEGENDARY FLYING SAUCER AND IT TOOK HIM LIKE TWO DAYS AND SERIOUSLY THAT'S INSANE HOW DO YOU DODGE ALL THAT I MEAN WHAT THE HELL? WHAT THE HELL?!

/brainmelt

...Jesus Christ. I actually needed to yell 'that's insane' a few times while watching that.

Well, that makes Hard look like a cakewalk, not that that's much of a consolation. I mean... that looks like a whole extra difficulty level above, say, EoSD or PCB Lunatic.

EDIT: Oh and I just got my third Normal 1cc which was with Reimu B with only three deaths but I completely forgot about it since it stopped seeming even vaguely impressive after that video. ;_;
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:58:15 PM by Sapzdude »
Let's fight.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #545 on: August 19, 2009, 12:13:05 AM »

Very obvious TAS.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Heartbeam

« Reply #546 on: August 19, 2009, 12:27:06 AM »
Here's a Lunatic 1CC that isn't as ridiculous as all the other runs I've seen thrown around.

http://doujinstg.cn/bbs/read.php?tid=1578

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #547 on: August 19, 2009, 12:31:31 AM »

Very obvious TAS.
...Come to think of it, yeah, that would explain quite a lot. <_< Damn, now I feel like an idiot.
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #548 on: August 19, 2009, 12:36:34 AM »
Here's a Lunatic 1CC that isn't as ridiculous as all the other runs I've seen thrown around.

http://doujinstg.cn/bbs/read.php?tid=1578

can't download file without membership =(
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

nintendonut888

« Reply #549 on: August 19, 2009, 01:58:47 AM »

Very obvious TAS.

You really think so? I just assumed those ridiculous dodges during Syou were a Japanese scorerunner being ridiculous.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Heartbeam

« Reply #550 on: August 19, 2009, 02:19:26 AM »
can't download file without membership =(

Replay uploaded.

If you want to register then from that page click on the link to the far right, below the banner.  You'll know it's the right one by looking at the address.  Type the information in order for the red asterisks as follows:

-Username
-Password
-Confirms Password
-Self-explanatory
-Answer the question below, answer is directly to the right after the colon.

Push the blue button!

« Reply #551 on: August 19, 2009, 02:59:00 AM »
SWR Normal 1cc with Remilia. That's an accomplishment for me, because I'm very bad at fighting games and I rarely ever use Remilia.

I didn't lose a life for the first 7 stages, then lost 2 against Yukari's complete bullshit spellcards (mostly the "Nest of Fireflies" one).
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

« Reply #552 on: August 19, 2009, 03:56:21 AM »
Uh...I 1cc'd UFO with SanaeA on Normal a few hours after torrenting it? :V

Byakuren is my favorite boss in the series and her theme is amazing. I'm trying to do it with MarisaA but STAGE 4 OH GOD WHY ARE THERE SO MANY THINGS IN MY WAY

I had no idea how much I relied on SanaeA's sideshots. ):

« Reply #553 on: August 19, 2009, 10:07:08 AM »
UFO Extra Clear

I found it completely impossible to capture the blue UFO spell with SanaeA so i decided to unlock the stage for MarisaA and kick its ass. And it worked. Capped it first time.

I was completely drained for resources afterwards though. That's what i get for dying twice to her timeout spell. I simply have no clue about how to capture that consistently. I also died once to the spell before that and once to the final spell. Finally an extra stage that didn't take me forever to beat. Now, all there is missing for me is to beat Koishi. But i don't really care about that stage. Its not very fun.

« Reply #554 on: August 19, 2009, 03:09:58 PM »

Very obvious TAS.

You really think so? I just assumed those ridiculous dodges during Syou were a Japanese scorerunner being ridiculous.

I was suspicious about this as well, but decided not to say anything.

« Reply #555 on: August 19, 2009, 05:10:43 PM »
Hermit of an Endless Night timeout. Its imo the hardest spellcard the Stage 1 bosses have to offer. Not that its THAT difficult but i thought the replay looked cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l8PjCW4vWk

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #556 on: August 19, 2009, 09:04:40 PM »
UFO Normal 1cc'd with all shot types. :V

A Hard 1cc still seems a long way off though, due to Shou and Hiziri's various kinds of laser-rape...
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #557 on: August 19, 2009, 09:44:56 PM »
HOLY FUCK AMAZING.

I just had one of those epiphanies I sometimes get where I suddenly realize how I can do something easily and how could I have been so stupid as to miss it? Through the arcane technique of "trying something different", I have finally figured out the post-midboss Ichirin walling section, and have perfected it twice (this is the lunatic version BTW).

An epiphany in progress is that while you cannot stream the triple shot spam fairies, you can stall it out by pseudo-streaming them until an opportunity to circle around the top arrives. This is in progress because I can't seem to get past the part where the enemies will occasionally shoot you down from the top anyway.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:55:07 PM by nintendonut888 »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #558 on: August 19, 2009, 10:02:48 PM »
An epiphany in progress is that while you cannot stream the triple shot spam fairies, you can stall it out by pseudo-streaming them until an opportunity to circle around the top arrives. This is in progress because I can't seem to get past the part where the enemies will occasionally shoot you down from the top anyway.
Destroy them before they get to the top. Alternatively, you need to stall for longer.

Protip: They're very similar to the post-midboss spam found in SA Extra. If you time it right, you should be able to circle around the screen in a very similar manner, regardless of shot type.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #559 on: August 19, 2009, 10:10:27 PM »
Funny. I've pulled off that all of three times, because I've only even attempted SA extra with Reimu A. :V So tough luck for me there, huh?

A problem though is that thanks to Unzan's BROFIST spam midboss card choking up my computer, it takes about 45 seconds to get past that midboss card, so I don't have the patience to do extensive testing and refining.

« Reply #560 on: August 19, 2009, 10:38:50 PM »

To avoid getting walled while circling, you need to be at the top of the screen before the fairies from the left spawn.  If you do that, you can stream them downwards while preparing for the next wave of fairies from the right.  If they start shooting at you before you change directions however, you'll get walled.

So basically, you stream the first wave from the right by starting at the bottom and streaming up.  Then get to the top before the left wave appears and then stream it downward in a circular motion.  Repeat.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #561 on: August 19, 2009, 11:25:11 PM »
Just did a no focus Normal 1cc of EoSD.

Finished 0/3, but it was actually quite a good run overall, 14 spell cards captured. The lives left were so low because I completely fail at trying to dodge unfocused and remembering when to bomb at the same time (I only used 6 bombs during the entire run <_<).

Man, EoSD Normal used to give me so much trouble, and now it seems almost ridiculously easy for the most part. I guess Lunatic messed with my head. :V
Let's fight.

« Reply #562 on: August 20, 2009, 01:18:39 AM »

nintendonut888

« Reply #563 on: August 20, 2009, 01:26:55 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4422
UFO hard cleared with no death

It's a good thing we've already been over the "oh you cheater oh crap you're the real deal" issue, or else I'd be calling bullshit.

On that note, here's a completely legitimate perfect of lunatic Ichirin:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4423

>_> I really want a new computer.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #564 on: August 20, 2009, 01:41:12 AM »
I'm still ending up timing out Ichirin's third Spell Card for some reason. I just can't stay centered for long enough. Might consider stalling it out anyway, since it's better survival-wise.

Recently, I managed to round up a fairly decent amount of UFOs, for this:

Still would like to stop bombing for UFOs though. Maybe I should consider summoning them earlier a bit.

I would have max bombs if I didn't need to bomb for extra UFOs (which gives me a net of 1 star fragment each UFO summoning when bombing :V)

Still Trial. Maybe this evening, I'll have the full.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #565 on: August 20, 2009, 01:46:24 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4422
UFO hard cleared with no death

It's a good thing we've already been over the "oh you cheater oh crap you're the real deal" issue, or else I'd be calling bullshit.

On that note, here's a completely legitimate perfect of lunatic Ichirin:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4423

>_> I really want a new computer.
Good job, Ichirin's card's are pretty BS in my opinion and I choose to bomb almost all of her cards when I planned my strategy because of their pure randomness.
I'm having the same frame drop problem. I'll probably get a new computer in one or two months then I'll start working on lunatic.

nintendonut888

« Reply #566 on: August 20, 2009, 01:54:34 AM »
The thing is, even without slowdown Ichirin isn't anywhere near the WTF hax beast I once thought she was. The stage is the REAL terror (turns out I don't have the walls down as well as I thought. :(). Her first spell card is hateful due to the bullets being obscured by the brofists, but it's a random dodge card at heart. The second is unreasonable due to it being "follow this pattern or die", along with some dense random dodging and little time to react, but as I showed it's not impossible. And the third...her third is actually very easy for lunatic, and I have no doubts I would have captured it here with or without slowdown.

« Reply #567 on: August 20, 2009, 02:04:15 AM »
well I guess Ichirin's 3rd card might not be as BS as her other cards, I just don't want to get screwed by random lazers. I had the first three stages planned in a way that I'll almost never screw up stage 2 and 3. That's why it only took me a few tries to clear hard.

nintendonut888

« Reply #568 on: August 20, 2009, 02:26:11 AM »
The trick to the third spell card: Don't move. I can't say the lasers are aimed away from you, but this spell card's trick is to trick you into trying to read the lasers, when in reality all you have to do is dodge them as they come and you'll find yourself dying a lot less. As for Unzan's incoming fists, keep in mind that these bullets have a safespot at the bottom where his knuckles don't meet. For the first two fist waves, you should misdirect them so you can move down and use this safespot, then move up on the third wave where Unzan's hitbox will soon run out of life.

Also, I think I may have figured out how to make Dipper Creeping Close (Murasa's survival card) as simple as possible on hard mode. That's something I guess.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #569 on: August 20, 2009, 02:28:16 AM »
I just capped QED twice in a row. :D Those were my second and third caps of it ever, so I guess I'm improving. A no death or even perfect run might not be far off if I can start capturing it consistently...

Pity the rest of the runs were terrible; the one I just did involved a death at Maze of Love, and then after the card was over, rather than collecting the powerups like a sane person, I tried to auto-collect under max power and got Flantackled, dying again. Oh well, that's what I get for playing past 3 am I guess :V
Let's fight.