Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258370 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #390 on: August 09, 2009, 09:47:39 PM »
I cleared Touhoumon Lunatic (first half at least).

I can sometimes clear Possessed by Phoenix in stage Practice, despite having a lot of trouble with the second wave (the aiming stuff). I can't tap properly, I go way too far.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #391 on: August 09, 2009, 09:52:49 PM »
Thanks again for telling me how to do the preboss waves for phantasm. Because I just very nearly pulled off a no deaths clear. :O I bombed on the stage only once, for the WTF random part. I proceeded to perfect Yukari until her fifth non-spell where I burst a border, then blew two bombs on BoHaY. >_> I have to say that for all you people trivialize it, if you don't know how to do the loophole BoLaD is REALLY hard. I don't, and so my no deaths run came to an end on the final phase of it. >_< I'm almost tempted to ask how to do the loophole, but I don't want to ruin the card. Still...I was so close...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #392 on: August 09, 2009, 10:13:59 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1PvPacSa54&fmt=22
HD !
Hum that's old but I never said it
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #393 on: August 10, 2009, 01:23:48 AM »
Thanks again for telling me how to do the preboss waves for phantasm. Because I just very nearly pulled off a no deaths clear. :O I bombed on the stage only once, for the WTF random part. I proceeded to perfect Yukari until her fifth non-spell where I burst a border, then blew two bombs on BoHaY. >_> I have to say that for all you people trivialize it, if you don't know how to do the loophole BoLaD is REALLY hard. I don't, and so my no deaths run came to an end on the final phase of it. >_< I'm almost tempted to ask how to do the loophole, but I don't want to ruin the card. Still...I was so close...

I don't do the loophole either, and I don't want to know how to do it, it removes all the fun in the spell. For now I do rather well until the yellow balls start coming, then I tend to get stuck behind bubbles. I also can dodge a bit over 5 seconds for the last phase (with butterflies), but my best performance is 3 bombs.

I need to practice the first spell. I'm paranoid because sometimes the lines of bullets aren't perfectly straight and I get clipped, so I move around a lot.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #394 on: August 10, 2009, 03:38:58 AM »
So I finally got up to Gengetu!

Almost got through her second phase!

OHGODOHGODOHGOD!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sentinel

• Thinking inside the box
« Reply #395 on: August 10, 2009, 04:40:57 AM »

I think I broke eosd ultra

On a sidenote, I received another life at around 1,920,000,000 while on Stage 6, Scarlet Gensokyo practically never runs out of time, and Cirno's last spell is stupid.  Also, I can just barely brute force my way through to the end of Remilia's 2nd spell on stage practice.  Getting slaughtered like this is more fun than it has any right to be.

Drake

« Reply #396 on: August 10, 2009, 04:43:43 AM »
I just cheat my way through Ultra.

Also there's a max value you can get for score. It's like -4 billion or something.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

« Reply #397 on: August 10, 2009, 05:45:33 AM »
I finally captured Gengetu Spark! :D It's actually not that hard, but at the same time it's easy to screw up.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #398 on: August 10, 2009, 05:50:14 AM »
Finally 1cc'd UFO demo! Oh god Ichirin is not as hard as I have thought previously. I only bombed once against her and died at the last milisecond of her fight. Hooray!

Ah yeah I also got to notsleepy Yuka recently! The best part about her Master Spark was the fact that I didn't notice it. And then when I knew it was coming I got hit by the weird laser-like things. And then I lost on Yuka's balls.

nintendonut888

« Reply #399 on: August 10, 2009, 07:07:22 AM »
I just did a no deaths, 2 bomb clear of PCB stage 3. :O I bombed once during the clusterfuck of a second half of the stage, and once on Spring Kyoto Dolls. D: Spring Kyoto Dolls has been giving me problems lately...

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #400 on: August 10, 2009, 01:31:24 PM »
I have mixed feeling about my last PCB Stage 4 run (Normal). Sure, I lost lives in very stupid ways, but I also got an overall better placement of Borders that allowed me to obtain 2 lives I normally wouldn't get. Also, I got a perfect Lily White battle (And shorter than normal, also) and a no deaths Prismriver battle. I guess that accounts for an accomplishment.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #401 on: August 10, 2009, 02:20:20 PM »
I got to Raymoo in SSG Extra. I can also no deaths the stage part, but Marisa usually wrecks me.

Oh, and I survived a orange spam w/lasers by standing completely still. All luck, but that was hilarious.

« Reply #402 on: August 10, 2009, 07:04:48 PM »
Well, i have tried that but for some reason it still pops up with a error box whenever i try and it says a bunch of random letters and some @ marks that makes no sense.
Screenshot your tEoSD directory

Well, i've never tried to do this before so i don't know if you'll be able to see the picture or not but i've screenshot my eosd directory and uploaded it here: http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq250/Touhou-freak/?action=view&current=desktop.jpg

« Reply #403 on: August 10, 2009, 07:55:18 PM »
Well, i have tried that but for some reason it still pops up with a error box whenever i try and it says a bunch of random letters and some @ marks that makes no sense.

Well, i've never tried to do this before so i don't know if you'll be able to see the picture or not but i've screenshot my eosd directory and uploaded it here: http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq250/Touhou-freak/?action=view&current=desktop.jpg

1- Why did you rename the japanese version instead of the english one? A precaution in case stuff goes wrong?
2- You click on vpatch to start the game (you probably know this, but just in case).
3- Try removing the .exe at the end of your file name and see if it works.

« Reply #404 on: August 10, 2009, 08:10:02 PM »

1- Why did you rename the japanese version instead of the english one? A precaution in case stuff goes wrong?
2- You click on vpatch to start the game (you probably know this, but just in case).
3- Try removing the .exe at the end of your file name and see if it works.

I've tried that but it doens't work...

« Reply #405 on: August 10, 2009, 11:21:11 PM »
Comparing my folder to yours shows you have more files than I do, so you're probably not missing anything.

I'll take some wild guesses about what the problem could be :

1- Is the game updated to the latest version?
2- Are you sure your antivirus isn't blocking the program? (the little shields on there)

To test the theory that the patch should work if your folder is exactly like mine, rename the japanese game to "eosd" and the english one to "東方紅魔郷" without any extension and see if it somehow makes it work.

If nothing works, try configuring windows to be in japanese unicode (or non-unicode, I forgot). The patch might not be able to find 東方紅魔郷 because the computer stores it as O&@^"%$! or something.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #406 on: August 11, 2009, 01:29:00 AM »
lol, Normal.
Easy's has nothing on it, so don't even bother  >_>
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #407 on: August 11, 2009, 04:20:21 AM »
Finally captured Rorschach in Danmaku.  Almost made up for the most epic Koishi fail evar.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Herasy

« Reply #408 on: August 11, 2009, 06:20:04 AM »
SA Normal 1cc Cleared with Reimu A!

Thank god that's over! I got a game over twice on Utsuho's last card on my previous attempts, yet I managed to clear it with 3 lives to spare.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #409 on: August 11, 2009, 06:56:23 AM »
HD Test. That old Perfect MoF S5 Lunatic of mine.

I also passed the BS walls of UFO S3 on Lunatic! With SanaeB, so it may be questionable due to lol-splash. Unfortunately, since you need to basically swing around unfocused all over the screen, you won't be able to UFO-chain as much.
<>

« Reply #410 on: August 11, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »
If nothing works, try configuring windows to be in japanese unicode (or non-unicode, I forgot). The patch might not be able to find 東方紅魔郷 because the computer stores it as O&@^"%$! or something.

That did it. Thanks for the help. :)

« Reply #411 on: August 11, 2009, 05:30:43 PM »

That did it. Thanks for the help. :)

No problem. I always keep windows on japanese, because I don't know what would be the point of changing it back. Up to now, the only problem I've encountered is that sometimes, on a french document, there'll be a lot of japanese characters everywhere, because of the accents.

If anyone knows about potential issues about this, please do tell, though.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #412 on: August 12, 2009, 02:21:58 AM »
1cc'd IN Hard with Raymoo Solo to unlock Blazing Star. Finished 0/0 because Reimu makes all of Kaguya's cards last long enough for me to screw them up.

No replay because I didn't want to overwrite some other stuff.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:24:12 AM by EX Na2O2 »

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #413 on: August 12, 2009, 07:47:52 AM »
First tried Fantasy Heaven. It took me 500+ tries to cap it the first time, and in the rush of finally winning I forgot a replay. So tonight, I play IN and get the idea that I could try a few times to cap it a second time so I can save a replay, and get it on the first shot.

Gotta love the last few waves. Makes almost anyone panic and run blindly. Ironically, that's what seems to make it possible.

JoonK

• Touhou scrub
  • Life's a game but it's not fair~
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #414 on: August 12, 2009, 08:03:49 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcVJ20WQV7I

I captured MoF Normal, I was jumping for joy. That was about five months ago.

Today, I captured both Unseasonable Butterfly Storm and Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana. As the video says, I only got into Touhou a year ago. Butterfly is easy if you don't mind dodging vertically for a bit. Flawless Nirvana... considering I haven't even 1CCed PCB Normal, it was a huge achievement. I haven't touched PCB in a long time, I might pick it up again cause I felt so good about capping Nirvana. Lucky 200 I suppose  :P
Yuka <3
^^^ Links to newest/best YT upload

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #415 on: August 12, 2009, 08:12:12 AM »
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:28:11 AM by BaitySM »
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #416 on: August 12, 2009, 08:59:47 AM »
So tonight's runs of MoF stage 6 went disasterously. In the many attempts I made to get one run I was satisfied with, I:

Died during the first streaming part (before the first big fairy)

Died to Kanako's opener an instant before I captured it

Ran into Kanako somehow after her first spell card.

DIED to her second non-spell (I mean WTF?)

Died to the first wave of VoWG, then died 3 times in quick succession.

So 10 minutes later, thoroughly disgusted, I decided no matter what, this would be the run I take.

So I capture VoWG.

Oh, whatever. >_> Fourth capture of that awesome spell card.

dustyjo

« Reply #417 on: August 12, 2009, 11:53:09 AM »
Finally 1cc'd PCB easy. THANK YOU VSYNC PATCH

also HOLY FUCK I GOT TO RAN

not that I'll ever beat her, but still

« Reply #418 on: August 12, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »
^ It's not very hard to get to Ran (if you bomb constantly), but you should be able to beat it with enough practice. It's mostly memorisation.

Start with the stage and try to reach Ran with as many lives as possible. Bomb Chen if she pisses you off, she can be pretty hard.

Also, try to capture those 60 spellcards you need to unlock Phantasm if you clear Extra. You'll probably end up 1cc-ing Normal in that time, and you probably need some Hard and Lunatic spellcards (in stage 1 and 2 at least). I believe PCB helps your skill the most for Touhou in general.

nintendonut888

« Reply #419 on: August 13, 2009, 07:51:45 AM »
I was fighting an assortment of bosses to celebrate my birthday (I'm 17 now, you know?), and Kaguya decided to give me a gift. No, it's not an impossible request, but it's a no deaths run! :D

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4254

The funny thing is that control lag SAVED me. For obvious reasons, I pressed the bomb button on Life Spring Infinity, but the lag caused by the spell card capture (TIME POINT SPAM LOL) caused it to not register. This meant that I had the bomb to spare against Hourai Jewel, which I used to secure my victory~