Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258390 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #360 on: August 08, 2009, 07:59:45 AM »
Quickie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6bCSSRroMc

(still processing, so quality will be a bit blegh until about 1 hour after this post or so).
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #361 on: August 08, 2009, 08:19:57 AM »
Repeating what I commented, I still don't quite see if you've found a simple and reproducible trick to it or not.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #362 on: August 08, 2009, 08:37:48 AM »
Repeating what I commented, I still don't quite see if you've found a simple and reproducible trick to it or not.
From the start:

• Top-Right
  • Clockwise until Top-Center.  Remembering to time it so that you don't get boxed as well
  • Center... and a little bit down from the spawning points
  • Middle-Left
  • Bottom-Left
  • (close to) Bottom-Right
  • Dodge Up-Right
  • Dodge Down-Left  (Remeber that you're moving "away" from the snowballs of the right-side, so they should never contact, unless you move too fast do something derp-tastic)
  • Dodge whatever is remaining (if any)
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #363 on: August 08, 2009, 08:40:49 AM »
Okay, I'll try that someday.

For now, PLEASE tell me the right way to dodge the final part of the phantasm preboss waves. D: I've tried five times tonight and have failed every time. I've done it before, but I can't replicate any strategy I once had...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #364 on: August 08, 2009, 08:48:44 AM »
Quickie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6bCSSRroMc

(still processing, so quality will be a bit blegh until about 1 hour after this post or so).
inb4typo

(editing post w/ Phantasm pre-boss.)
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #365 on: August 08, 2009, 08:56:24 AM »
WTF. I did it this time. You know what I did? The same FUCKING thing I've been doing for the last 30 minutes! Why did it work THIS time?!

Truth be told, I'm terrible at phantasm. There's so many places I could improve, but this is one spot above all I want to master.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #366 on: August 08, 2009, 09:04:34 AM »
WTF. I did it this time. You know what I did? The same FUCKING thing I've been doing for the last 30 minutes! Why did it work THIS time?!

Truth be told, I'm terrible at phantasm. There's so many places I could improve, but this is one spot above all I want to master.
(editing post w/ Phantasm pre-boss.)
Screw it new post.

Seeing as you got it, I don't think there's a need to tell any more. But for others, I use this (end part only):

• Center (very slightly to the right...)  Before the waves start firing
  • Dodge Left
  • Dodge Right
  • Dodge Left
  • Dodge Right
  • Dodge Right

EDIT for 'nut: Each "dodge" is about 1-2 character sprites in width, except for the last two which I just focus and move across.

Timing is important  :V

Also, I suck at PCB in general, so who are you to complain  >_>

...brb Phantasm.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 09:39:51 AM by BaitySM »
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #367 on: August 08, 2009, 09:13:27 AM »
Er, I don't think that plan of mine is reliable, because I was cringing and waiting for the end. Thanks for those movements, but the real question is how far do I dodge in each of those?

In other news, lol I suck at Yukari. I cleared 0/2 this run. Clearly not my night...

« Reply #368 on: August 08, 2009, 09:52:10 AM »
Thanks for those movements, but the real question is how far do I dodge in each of those?

You dodge when you hear the sound of them shooting. I doubt this really helps though, because it's like the easiest part of those waves. The one just before that is much harder.

Here's a replay for the hell of it, with lots of screwing around :
Replay

Make sure you're near the edge on the wave before the lines of four wave start to get spammed, so you don't get blocked by bullets (they'll end up in the upper corners this way).
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

nintendonut888

« Reply #369 on: August 08, 2009, 10:22:52 AM »
You dodge when you hear the sound of them shooting.

*tries*

YES!!!!! Thank you two so much for this! The dodging was still closer than I would have liked, but I still made it! I also survived the WTF spam before that without dying or bombing. I think I may have found the way to minimalize the bullets with Marisa A's short range.

So thanks again. Now I am satisfied and can go to bed at the lovely hour of 3:22 AM (the only good thing about Summer is that you get to stay up well into the night with no consequences).

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #370 on: August 08, 2009, 03:11:28 PM »
I have 1CC SA easy modo for the first time...4 death 1 bomb.
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #371 on: August 08, 2009, 04:16:58 PM »
Holy Cr?pe!

After a little break, I tried to do the hard mode I hadn't completed yet. My first SA Hard 1cc, and with 4 lives left! After only two restarts (because of stupid death on stage 1)!
What the hell?  :o

Anyways, that means all regular danmaku games (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11) are done for on hard. But lunatic is so much more difficult... <.<
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #372 on: August 08, 2009, 04:37:52 PM »
There is a world of difference between Hard and Lunatic. OT, i just beat PCB on Hard with three lives in stock. Of course i bombed everything in sight. Not to graceful. My first clear ever and it just came like that. Not even that Hard at all. Vsync patch really did its wonders. If i could just get it to work with EoSD...

« Reply #373 on: August 08, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »
Fantasy Heaven cleared. I hate Reimu's Last Word, it took over 300 tries. But now I know how to do it almost by heart.

The last seconds are just a simple "circle, circle, circle, go down then right" pattern. The 7th and 8th wave ares harder IMO, because Reimu likes to move around and you end up just outside the circle the orbs form, and amulets spawn on top of you

Captured again in 17 tries with the Magic Team. Reimu and her orbs don't have any hitbox, so it works with them too.
Replay
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

« Reply #374 on: August 08, 2009, 05:59:09 PM »
some old spellcard caps from IN...

Spell Card 144
Spell Card 188
Spell Card 207
Spell Card 217

wow... still have done 172 and 180 but they are not that spectacular...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 06:35:09 PM by Baka »

« Reply #375 on: August 09, 2009, 04:35:10 AM »
Beat Spellcard No.201: Everlasting "Phoenix's Tail":

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4229

Here's the replay to Spellcard No.144: Forbidden Arcanum "Hourai Elixir" that I posted before:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4230

nintendonut888

« Reply #376 on: August 09, 2009, 06:05:43 AM »
Just did a 3cc of PoDD lunatic. Considering I haven't touched the game since 1ccing lunatic nearly a month ago, I'm amazed I cleared at all. No matter~ Now that I've beaten PoDD lunatic, I have no real drive to 1cc it again. Now it's just fun to play through casually.

...Did I just call a phantasmagoria game fun? o_O

Also, I tried Baity's method for passing the MS extra preboss waves, but it didn't work. I'm certain there's an easier way than that...

Also, slowdown for this run of MS extra came in at 38%. ;_; I've had it come in at 15% before, so something must be up. I so desperately want a new computer. :<

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #377 on: August 09, 2009, 08:57:01 AM »
Also, I tried Baity's method for passing the MS extra preboss waves, but it didn't work. I'm certain there's an easier way than that...

My method isn't fail-proof (then again, no methods are; methods just make an array of bullets easier to evade). The Pre-Boss is still quite difficult, even if you have a set method of going about it.

...I'll give you the four three best choices you have for this:

• Slow the game down to 50% speed
  • Practice my method
  • Get somebody else's method
  • Make your own method

@'nut (or anybody who can do this): Is there any way of surviving the first half of MS Extra with Yuka without bombing (...or dying)?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 08:59:37 AM by BaitySM »
<>

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #378 on: August 09, 2009, 09:18:41 AM »
@'nut (or anybody who can do this): Is there any way of surviving the first half of MS Extra with Yuka without bombing (...or dying)?
Works like a charm.
Now that I realize, I'd do better in the card section of I had Yuka's wider spread, since I'd be able to kill both lines of cards at the same time, and save bombs (Mainly used so I won't need to dodge stuff to get to the other side).

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #379 on: August 09, 2009, 10:22:08 AM »
Vsync patch really did its wonders. If i could just get it to work with EoSD...
the original Japanese .exe needs to be named 東方紅魔郷.exe because it's special

Works like a charm.
and you are keeping your dirtbag scores out of the topic
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #380 on: August 09, 2009, 10:27:48 AM »

Works like a charm.
and you are keeping your dirtbag scores out of the topic
Exactly.

« Reply #381 on: August 09, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »
Well, i have tried that but for some reason it still pops up with a error box whenever i try and it says a bunch of random letters and some @ marks that makes no sense.

EDIT:

I timed out Fujiyama Volcano. Mokou's hardest spellcard. (Imo)
For those interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-PGuHSFBTc
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 03:53:24 PM by Zengeku »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #382 on: August 09, 2009, 05:02:54 PM »
That's actually a really neat strategy.  I didn't realize that Mokou shot the red bullet rings each time she fired her cluster bombs.

« Reply #383 on: August 09, 2009, 06:48:00 PM »
That's actually a really neat strategy.  I didn't realize that Mokou shot the red bullet rings each time she fired her cluster bombs.

Well, if its something you can use, it means i've done the deed of the day.

Another deed should be posted about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLP4atxx5YE

Apollo 13 Lunatic Timeout. I don't know why the hell i decided to time out this horrible spellcard but i did it. Ignore the spellcard history. It took about 20-30 attempts.

Drake

« Reply #384 on: August 09, 2009, 07:01:57 PM »
Made it to Stage 5 Lunatic, died early because I'm stupid and never bomb when I should.

Also note: Use up all bombs before fighting Meiling. I captured everything but Typhoon.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

« Reply #385 on: August 09, 2009, 07:24:51 PM »
I rarely get the chance to play MS extra without slowdown (only the rare opportunity at school allows it), but I'm pretty sure I've handled the stage with Yuka fine. Perhaps I bombed a bit at the end, but to be honest I've never understood how the hell you're supposed to do it in the first place. >_>

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #386 on: August 09, 2009, 08:34:22 PM »
Well, i have tried that but for some reason it still pops up with a error box whenever i try and it says a bunch of random letters and some @ marks that makes no sense.
Screenshot your tEoSD directory
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #387 on: August 09, 2009, 09:04:06 PM »
Another deed should be posted about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLP4atxx5YE

Apollo 13 Lunatic Timeout. I don't know why the hell i decided to time out this horrible spellcard but i did it. Ignore the spellcard history. It took about 20-30 attempts.
That one I knew about.  That's just luck where the skill ends.  I don't think it's that horrible if you know how to do it though.

Now, I've yet to see someone timeout Astronomical Entombing without trivializing it.  I challenged some people to try it about two years ago and mostly received grief for it~

---

On topic.  Two tries after posting in the RAGE thread I finally kicked Shinki to the curb.  After the cheeto lasers.  After Alice launched hyperspeed random bullets in a wall into me as her opening attack.  After getting killed by air mines from behind in Stage 4.  After somehow killing Mai in spite of her being behind Yuki.  After running into Shinki's sawblades once or twice while I had no idea how far left or right I could go because I couldn't see the red bullets over the red lasers atop the red background.  I continue to be baffled by how people like this game at all.

And then MS Extra immediately became my favorite Extra stage.  Short and to the point, with an interesting choice of BGM for the stage.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:09:52 PM by u? »

nintendonut888

« Reply #388 on: August 09, 2009, 09:08:36 PM »
I continue to say that if you really have problems seeing the red bullets on the red background, that's a problem with your eyes and not the game, because I can see them fine. >_>

Also, I've beaten Astronomical Entombing without destroying familiars plenty of times. With the border team, it's hardly even worth it to unfocus and spend five seconds to destroy a single familiar.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #389 on: August 09, 2009, 09:12:47 PM »
Fixed previous post because "capture" means something completely different from "timeout", which was what I meant to say <.<

Although going along with the mistake I'm fairly close to capturing A. Entombing Lunatic with Alice solo.  It's one of the most entertaining things I've ever failed.