Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258374 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2009, 04:53:05 AM »
It took a long time, but I've finally captured Rez Butterfly (on Easy).  Now for attempting it on Normal.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2009, 05:43:07 PM »
Hell yes! I finally managed to capture VoWG! (in b4 do it on Lunatic <_<)

Aaaand that makes all spell cards in MoF from Easy to Hard captured. :D
Let's fight.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2009, 06:23:11 PM »
Now do it on Lunatic
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2009, 07:50:28 PM »
NEVER! >:(
Let's fight.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2009, 08:05:47 PM »
Got to Catadioptric on basically a sightread of EoSD extra. I could probably beat it within a couple days. : I KNOW the trick to Maze of Love but I can't seem to pull it off.

Drake

« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
I can now put "Good at danmaku games" on my resume! <3

1cc MoF Hard! Only one left in SA!

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3957

Although, no particularly awesome parts during.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2009, 09:07:06 PM »
Got to Catadioptric on basically a sightread of EoSD extra. I could probably beat it within a couple days. : I KNOW the trick to Maze of Love but I can't seem to pull it off.

I know the feeling... my first ever capture of Maze of Love was something like six months after my first clear of EoSD Extra. <__<
Let's fight.

« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2009, 09:47:37 PM »
Got to Catadioptric on basically a sightread of EoSD extra. I could probably beat it within a couple days. :\ I KNOW the trick to Maze of Love but I can't seem to pull it off.

I know the feeling... my first ever capture of Maze of Love was something like six months after my first clear of EoSD Extra. <__<

Really? I could capture it if I could dodge clockwise. It's much harder for me than going counter-clockwise for some reason. I can dodge the first wave quite often. Much easier than trying to micrododge the waves IMO.

As for Catadioptric, I tried middle, right corner, up a bit, stay right, then back to middle. Repeat. I failed because I didn't manage to go back in the middle and got stuck on the right wall.

If we're talking about EoSD Extra, what about Starbow Break? I don't know what to do with this spellcard. The bullets accelerate at random, and sometimes the gaps are really small.
And I'm NOT using the safespot. I want my capture to be fair (although I don't think you can do enough damage to capture it anyway).
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2009, 11:23:03 PM »
Got to Catadioptric on basically a sightread of EoSD extra. I could probably beat it within a couple days. :\ I KNOW the trick to Maze of Love but I can't seem to pull it off.

Really? I could capture it if I could dodge clockwise. It's much harder for me than going counter-clockwise for some reason. I can dodge the first wave quite often. Much easier than trying to micrododge the waves IMO.

As for Catadioptric, I tried middle, right corner, up a bit, stay right, then back to middle. Repeat. I failed because I didn't manage to go back in the middle and got stuck on the right wall.

If we're talking about EoSD Extra, what about Starbow Break? I don't know what to do with this spellcard. The bullets accelerate at random, and sometimes the gaps are really small.
And I'm NOT using the safespot. I want my capture to be fair (although I don't think you can do enough damage to capture it anyway).

Wellll what happened with Maze of Love was that I failed it miserably the first few times and then I decided I may as well just keep sticking to the bottom using a bomb or two than risk death without any warning and then that just developed into a bad habit. <_<

For Catadioptric, that sounds about right... not a lot else you can do except for watch out for the slow little trailing bullets.

Starbow Break, there doesn't really seem to be any pattern (as far as I can tell, at any rate, but I'm not really an expert on these things). Just try and stick to areas with the least desnity of bullets coming at you and try to move out of their way ASAP, I guess. Also, there's a safespot? ...It's not something painfully obvious like above Flandre, is it? @_@
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2009, 11:35:12 PM »
That safespot is unsafe and you have to wait a long time even if you reach it for the card to time out.

However, I can help you by telling you why that safespot exists. From what I've heard (from people more competent than me), the bullet's horizontal coordinates never change. Meaning, bullets spawn on a certain line every time. At the top left of the screen is a very small area where none of these bullets ever either rise to or are on that horizontal plane. This means that while the bullets falling are random, there are similar openings. Learn where those are and trust your hitbox.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2009, 11:44:38 PM »
Fuck year, new world record (MoF Extra ReimuA).

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3959

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2009, 11:48:39 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Just beat MoF on Normal for the first time! o/
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2009, 12:34:45 AM »
Fuck year, new world record (MoF Extra ReimuA).

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3959
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Just beat MoF on Normal for the first time! \o/

Congrats to both of you!

That safespot is unsafe and you have to wait a long time even if you reach it for the card to time out.

However, I can help you by telling you why that safespot exists. From what I've heard (from people more competent than me), the bullet's horizontal coordinates never change. Meaning, bullets spawn on a certain line every time. At the top left of the screen is a very small area where none of these bullets ever either rise to or are on that horizontal plane. This means that while the bullets falling are random, there are similar openings. Learn where those are and trust your hitbox.

Hrm, I see... I may have to try that sometime if I'm feeling adventurous. Still, I don't really like safe spots, so I doubt I'd use it even if I managed to find it; same goes for Utusho's third card, BoLaD etc. They're pretty fun cards and the point of the game is to dodge bullets after all... doesn't seem a lot of point playing if you're just going to hide. :V
Let's fight.

« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2009, 01:03:22 AM »
SA Normal 1cc. ReimuA.

Every Extra stage unlocked in the Windows games. For normal, I still have to beat PoFV and SWR.

It was the first time I reached Orin, and I couldn't understand what to do on any single one of her attacks. Constantly walled by the ghost wheels, shooting zombie fairies in her first spellcard, NOT shooting zombie fairies in her last spellcard, can't read her non-spells worth a damn, etc.

At least it's pretty easy until Satori. I died once or twice to her, a crapload of times against Orin, and twice to Utsuho I think (a non-spell and her last spell). I also got stuck in Heaven and Hell Metldown. I was near the left wall and I kept dodging vertically all the time, so I didn't do enough damage to capture it.   

Drake

« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2009, 01:38:08 AM »
same goes for Utusho's third card, BoLaD etc. They're pretty fun cards and the point of the game is to dodge bullets after all... doesn't seem a lot of point playing if you're just going to hide. :V
There's a difference. Starbow Break's safespot is pretty easy to get and is just a kill of the entire card (top left of the screen, underneath the 'n' in enemy). The safespots for BoLaD as well as Eternal Meek are so ridiculously hard to achieve that there's not much point in trying to get them anyways. Fixed Star, on the other hand, is not really a safespot. Most of the time, you're going through the spot anyways and either way you still have to dodge the other bullets. It's not so much of a safespot as a makes-things-not-hell-spot.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Yukkuri

« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2009, 03:03:34 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks Mountain of Faith normal is easier then Mountain of Faith Easy?

I'm talking about the spell card.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2009, 03:38:58 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks Mountain of Faith normal is easier then Mountain of Faith Easy?

No, just about everyone agrees with you here.  Now if only VoWG Lunatic was easier than VoWG Hard...

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2009, 04:34:40 AM »

I'm 1/1 on Normal and around 0/5 on Easy. The best I've managed to do is 2 bombs.

nintendonut888

« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2009, 07:09:16 AM »
The problem with MoF easy is that the amulets aren't ordered at all, leading you to suddenly get walled without warning.

As for me, I figured out Ill-starred Dive (Mystia's second spell card). This spell card kills me fairly regularly, but it's never been overt enough for me to learn it. It turns out that if you destroy the familiars every second wave, less red bullets (the hard part of the card) will spawn, making it much easier. Now if I can just capture Mystia's first spell card and her second non-spell in the same run I may finally perfect Mystia.

Also, first time capturing Asteroid Belt outside of spell practice. I had a breakthrough with the spell card just now, but I don't even know what that breakthrough is. >_>
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2009, 07:25:47 AM »
IN Easy no-miss clear go!

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3962

See the rage topic for the bad side of this replay.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2009, 08:37:57 AM »
Today is a bizarre day. After having to face Earth in a pot Normal 9 times to capture it, I capture it on my first hard run and on the second lunatic one. What.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2009, 01:10:42 PM »
All PCB spell cards Easy to Hard captured! That just leaves SA, which will probably take a while due to the whole Satori-using-different-cards-for-each-shot-type thing...
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2009, 02:04:02 PM »
MoF normal is easier than MoF easy, but only the pattern.
MoF normal is faster than MoF easy...

So it's 50/50 for me.

I can't capture either, so... :P
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2009, 02:30:09 PM »
PHANTASM STAGE GET

I completely screwed up Yukari's Arcanum, but what do you expect on my first time facing it?

Now I should get around to 1CCing SA on normal...

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2009, 03:32:01 PM »
I captured Mokou's last non-card. Now, it was with Alice, and Mokou was in front of me the whole time, so I only needed to last a couple of second, but it's still hard. =V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2009, 08:21:26 PM »
After many many many attempts of each, Hard mode DBDB and Erratic Step captured. That just leaves ghost wheels, Nuclear Excursion, Giga Flare and... fifteen different Satori cards. <_<

EDIT: Righty, got all the non-Satori cards. Giga Flare and ghost wheels weren't too bad, but Nuclear Excursion... sweet Jesus. Took me at least thirty attempts. I can already tell how much fun trying to capture Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction will be... =_= Ah well, hopefully that's the hardest part over.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:35:26 PM by Sapzdude »
Let's fight.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2009, 11:45:18 PM »
Who's the strongest?

I'm the strongest, motherfucker.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2009, 11:53:02 PM »
Gck...you're all trying to goad me into playing PoFV lunatic, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 01:43:18 AM by nintendonut888 »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2009, 12:36:40 AM »
Gck...you're all trying to goad me into playing PoFV lunatic, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?!

Give in, Donut. GIVE IN. @_@
Let's fight.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2009, 01:21:52 AM »
Don't do it, I don't want you to have another accomplishment to rub in my face. :>