Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 3)  (Read 49094 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 3)
« Reply #660 on: July 13, 2011, 04:40:33 AM »
>Blast. Forgot the drinks. But savor the smell of good soup, regardless.
>"And a glass of pomegranate juice as well, if you have it."

« Reply #661 on: July 13, 2011, 04:47:08 AM »
>Blast. Forgot the drinks. But savor the smell of good soup, regardless.
>"And a glass of pomegranate juice as well, if you have it."

>You curse your forgetfulness, but the appetizing scent wafting from the hot bowl of soup before you ameliorates that somewhat. It has a warm savory aroma with just a hint of sweetness.
>"I believe I have a little left, yes. I'll get you a glass right away." And with that, Minoriko putters back to the kitchen.
>Almost no sooner has she left before a voice beside you cries "Heya!"

« Reply #662 on: July 13, 2011, 04:49:20 AM »
>"Dah!"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:55:58 AM by Sourfang »

« Reply #663 on: July 13, 2011, 05:04:41 AM »
>"Dah!"

>You cry out in startlement, but the voice seems unfazed by this. She pulls up a chair next to you.
>"Fancy meeting you here," Merlin says. "I hear you wanted to say hi?"

« Reply #664 on: July 13, 2011, 05:20:17 AM »
>After all the surprises we've had today.... Frazzled mouse nerves....
>"Yes. I did. Thank you."
>Try a couple spoonfuls of that soup.
>"In point of fact, I was hoping to have a word with Lunasa, after my lunch here. I have something of a business proposal for her."

« Reply #665 on: July 13, 2011, 05:35:52 AM »
>After all the surprises we've had today.... Frazzled mouse nerves....
>"Yes. I did. Thank you."
>Try a couple spoonfuls of that soup.
>"In point of fact, I was hoping to have a word with Lunasa, after my lunch here. I have something of a business proposal for her."

>You've had more than your share of unexpected noises beside you today that were far less benign...
>"Nice to see you, too!" she says.
>You have a spoonful of the soup. It is a somewhat different flavor, but quite creamy with a subtle zing to it. It's pretty good.
>Merlin gives you a surprised look. "Really? I wouldn't have figured you for the business type. We're booked pretty solid for the next month, though, I think. Busy, busy!"

« Reply #666 on: July 13, 2011, 05:52:01 AM »
>"Yes... I imagine you are. I'm pleased to hear it."
>Have a bite of that sandwich.
>"But my proposal won't go beyond today. In fact, it'll only take a few hours. Plenty of time to get the task done and not keep your adoring public waiting."

« Reply #667 on: July 13, 2011, 06:12:29 AM »
>"Yes... I imagine you are. I'm pleased to hear it."
>Have a bite of that sandwich.
>"But my proposal won't go beyond today. In fact, it'll only take a few hours. Plenty of time to get the task done and not keep your adoring public waiting."

>"Yup, it's good. Lots of places to see and all. Even if they're some of the same places, travelling's fun."
>You take a bite of the sandwich. It's simple fare - even Orange would have a hard time screwing up ham and cheese - but that doesn't stop it from being good.
>"I dunno..." she says, frowning. "Sis is still off tying up loose ends with something and Lyrica already thinks we're overbooked."

« Reply #668 on: July 13, 2011, 06:15:48 AM »
>Work on the soup between sentances.
>"You wouldn't happen to know where Lunasa is, then, would you? After all, it couldn't hurt to hear what I'm offering, could it?"

« Reply #669 on: July 13, 2011, 06:31:46 AM »
>Work on the soup between sentances.
>"You wouldn't happen to know where Lunasa is, then, would you? After all, it couldn't hurt to hear what I'm offering, could it?"

>You continue to eat while you converse.
>"Hmmm...." Merlin taps her head a few times. "She said she... where was it again...? She had a delivery to make, and then I think she wanted to give the hall a look over before the concert, and I think there was something else..." She gives you something of a sheepish look. "I, uh, may not have been paying much attention. But I'm sure she'll be back here eventually!" she adds with a smile.

« Reply #670 on: July 13, 2011, 06:34:48 AM »
>Twitch. Right. Not the sharpest kunai in the pouch, this one.
>Are we familiar with the hall she's referring to?

« Reply #671 on: July 13, 2011, 07:04:06 AM »
>Twitch. Right. Not the sharpest kunai in the pouch, this one.
>Are we familiar with the hall she's referring to?

>From what few interactions you've had, Merlin seems to mean well, but she's all enthusiasm and not so much thought. She seems to go over well with a lot of people just the same, though.
>You suspect she's referring to the community hall. It's basically the only venue in the town that could seat a crowd at once, unless they were performing outdoors.

« Reply #672 on: July 13, 2011, 07:08:19 AM »
>"You weren't planning an outdoor concert out here, were you?"

« Reply #673 on: July 13, 2011, 07:18:26 AM »
>"You weren't planning an outdoor concert out here, were you?"

>She frowns at you. "I just said sis was checking out the hall for the concert, didn't I? Wants to make sure everything's all set up right for tonight, y'know?"

« Reply #674 on: July 13, 2011, 07:26:27 AM »
>"Right, right. Sorry. I've had a rough day so far."
>Polish off the rest of that soup.

« Reply #675 on: July 13, 2011, 09:25:44 PM »
>"Right, right. Sorry. I've had a rough day so far."
>Polish off the rest of that soup.

>She gives you a sympathetic look. "Aww... that's too bad. You should come to the concert tonight! I'm sure we can put a smile on that face."
>You set to work on your meal in earnest.
>"That stuff's pretty good, isn't it?" Merlin says.

« Reply #676 on: July 14, 2011, 12:53:34 AM »
>Consider that offer. Bit of a show might not be so bad, depending on the condition we're in once the job's all said and done. "I might just do that."
>"Minoriko here's one of the finest cooks on the continent, far as I know."

« Reply #677 on: July 14, 2011, 03:47:14 AM »
>Consider that offer. Bit of a show might not be so bad, depending on the condition we're in once the job's all said and done. "I might just do that."
>"Minoriko here's one of the finest cooks on the continent, far as I know."

>"The more the merrier!" she says.
>Merlin nods. "I can believe it. I don't even like squash!"

« Reply #678 on: July 14, 2011, 04:05:10 AM »
>"Maybe you can get her to handle the refreshments at your shows out here? Good food and good music go hand in hand."

« Reply #679 on: July 14, 2011, 04:10:47 AM »
>"Maybe you can get her to handle the refreshments at your shows out here? Good food and good music go hand in hand."

>"That's a neat idea," she says, nodding thoughtfully. "Sis handles all that sort of stuff, though. Maybe I'll mention it to her if we're out this way again."

« Reply #680 on: July 14, 2011, 04:23:24 AM »
>"I'll be sure to mention it to her myself, if I see her later."
>And negociate for a share of the profits, as well.
>Attack that sandwich.

« Reply #681 on: July 14, 2011, 04:36:11 AM »
>"I'll be sure to mention it to her myself, if I see her later."
>And negociate for a share of the profits, as well.
>Attack that sandwich.

>"Might be a while... but sure, I suppose."
>You're certainly not going to let a possible opportunity pass you by.
>You start in on your sandwich. The bread is fresh and the cheese is good and on the whole, it's a fine complement to the other half of your meal.

>At this point, Minoriko walk back over to your table, a glass of pomegranate juice in hand.
>"Here you go," she says, placing it on the table.
>"Great soup, by the way!" Merlin pipes up. "Meant to say so the first time."
>Minoriko smiles at her. "I'm glad you enjoyed it."

« Reply #682 on: July 14, 2011, 05:01:04 AM »
>"I agree. Hits the spot nicely."
>Have a sip of that juice.

« Reply #683 on: July 14, 2011, 06:17:56 AM »
>"I agree. Hits the spot nicely."
>Have a sip of that juice.

>Minoriko turns her smile in your direction. "My pleasure." Then she turns and walks off to the next customer.
>You take a sip of juice. It's a touch on the tart side, but still good.
>"So... anything else up?" Merlin asks. "Because I kinda promised Lyrica I'd take care of something for her after lunch. Don't want to keep her waiting too long."

« Reply #684 on: July 14, 2011, 06:22:36 AM »
>"Naw, it's fine. Thanks for the company."

« Reply #685 on: July 14, 2011, 06:32:22 AM »
>"Naw, it's fine. Thanks for the company."

>"Hey, no problem," she says. "Always nice bumping into someone you know. The other night was a real riot, wasn't it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #686 on: July 14, 2011, 06:48:32 AM »
>Actually, do we know if the Prismrivers are even capable of being helpful? Do they have any real skills when it comes to dealing with problems like this?

« Reply #687 on: July 14, 2011, 07:41:01 AM »
>Actually, do we know if the Prismrivers are even capable of being helpful? Do they have any real skills when it comes to dealing with problems like this?

>Lunasa is a fully certified Seeker, with the basic competencies that entails. You think she's a fairly capable one, even if the sisters are mostly known for the musical end of their activities. You know that the three of them have some control over sound that transcends the natural, although you're not certain the exact scope of their abilities. Lunasa herself is also a modestly accomplished fencer, and carries an unusual signature weapon. It's something of a cross between a violin bow and a sword, with a 'string' of phantasmal energy forming both cutting edge and musical contact surface. It is capable of achieving harmonics more subtle and complex than an ordinary bow, or at least so you've been told. You lack the musical ear to distinguish Lunasa's own finesse with the violin from any supernatural advantages her instrument conveys. As a weapon, it seems capable of great sharpness, although you think this requires conscious manipulation on her part. In most people's hands, it's just a piece of wood; you're not certain if Lunasa's ability to bring forth the string is due to her affinity with sound or because of her poltergeist nature. You've never seen either of her sisters try. You don't know if either of the other two have any weapon proficiencies of their own, although you're inclined to suspect not.

« Reply #688 on: July 14, 2011, 08:17:09 AM »
Badass.

>By the other night, she's referring to our 'graduation' party, isn't she?
>Do we remember much of that night?

« Reply #689 on: July 14, 2011, 09:10:53 AM »
>By the other night, she's referring to our 'graduation' party, isn't she?
>Do we remember much of that night?

>You assume as much. Certainly she was there and she seemed to be enjoying herself.
>Not much more than you did the morning after. You remember the early bits well enough, later sections somewhat less well, to the point of being fragmentary. You barely remember arriving home at all. It somewhat pains you to admit, but you think you may have enjoyed yourself despite yourself, even if you're in no hurry to be reminded of your ill-conceived attempt at karaoke. You were uncharacteristically drunk by the end of it. You cannot even be sure quite how much. At least you feel justified in hoisting some of the blame for that onto the others. Orange got rather insistent at one point...