Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 3)  (Read 49551 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 3)
« Reply #690 on: July 14, 2011, 09:19:12 AM »
>Note to self, if we haven't done so already: At some point in the future, get Orange liquored up to the point that she challenges Marisa and Rinnosuke both, then duck.
>"You, uhh... You remember all of that night?"
>Try not to wince at the memory of the hangover.

« Reply #691 on: July 14, 2011, 10:16:17 AM »
>Note to self, if we haven't done so already: At some point in the future, get Orange liquored up to the point that she challenges Marisa and Rinnosuke both, then duck.
>"You, uhh... You remember all of that night?"
>Try not to wince at the memory of the hangover.

>You make a note to give Orange a little taste of her own medicine and then some.
>"Enough of it!" Merlin says cheerfully.
>You try not to wince at the memory. In retrospect, it probably wasn't as bad as what you've already been through today, to say nothing of what remains.

« Reply #692 on: July 14, 2011, 10:26:19 AM »
>Groan, and cover our eyes with our hand. That night may not have been as painful as this mission, but it had to've been a damn sight more embarassing.

« Reply #693 on: July 14, 2011, 09:42:39 PM »
>Groan, and cover our eyes with our hand. That night may not have been as painful as this mission, but it had to've been a damn sight more embarassing.

>You groan and cover your eyes. Those are not memories you're entirely comfortable recalling.
>"What's wrong?" Merlin asks, sounding just a little concerned.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #694 on: July 14, 2011, 09:52:16 PM »
>"Yeah...but you know how some folks get drunk to forget? Well, I'd rather forget drinking."
>"But today was pretty crazy too, and this time I didn't need to drink any."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #695 on: July 14, 2011, 09:58:04 PM »
>"Yeah...but you know how some folks get drunk to forget? Well, I'd rather forget drinking."
>"But today was pretty crazy too, and this time I didn't need to drink any."

>"Awww.... but we had a good time, didn't we?" She smiles encouragingly at you.
>"Good crazy or bad crazy?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #696 on: July 14, 2011, 10:00:50 PM »
>Was it a good time?
>"Crazy Crazy. You wouldn't believe me even if I told you."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #697 on: July 14, 2011, 10:08:07 PM »
>Was it a good time?
>"Crazy Crazy. You wouldn't believe me even if I told you."

>You're fairly certain you enjoyed yourself at the time, although in retrospect, you find some of it a bit embarrassing. And the morning after was... a bit unpleasant, although if Lunasa is anything to go by, Merlin's was far worse than yours. She was quite thoroughly sloshed by the end of it, though you don't know if a smile left her face the whole time.
>"I can believe a lotta stuff," she says, leaning towards you. "Try me."

« Reply #698 on: July 15, 2011, 01:42:40 AM »
>"You sure you have the time, Merlin? It's a bit of a story, and you wouldn't wanna keep Lyrica waiting too long, after all."

« Reply #699 on: July 15, 2011, 01:54:22 AM »
>"You sure you have the time, Merlin? It's a bit of a story, and you wouldn't wanna keep Lyrica waiting too long, after all."

>She frowns at you. "Hey, that's teasing!"

« Reply #700 on: July 15, 2011, 01:58:17 AM »
>Chuckle.
>"I suppose it is, at that. All right, Merlin, if it's a story you want, you got it. But try not to yell too loudly when you hear the good parts, okay? It's a heck of a tale, and I don't wanna scare the folks here in the middle of their lunch."

« Reply #701 on: July 15, 2011, 02:00:34 AM »
>Chuckle.
>"I suppose it is, at that. All right, Merlin, if it's a story you want, you got it. But try not to yell too loudly when you hear the good parts, okay? It's a heck of a tale, and I don't wanna scare the folks here in the middle of their lunch."

>She grins eagerly. "I hope you're not just getting my hopes up."

« Reply #702 on: July 15, 2011, 02:08:57 AM »
>"That depends on your experiences with arachnids."
>Bring the Prismriver up to speed with our day.

« Reply #703 on: July 15, 2011, 02:22:34 AM »
>"That depends on your experiences with arachnids."
>Bring the Prismriver up to speed with our day.

>You launch into a tale of your adventures today while Merlin listens in eagerly. She nods along as you cover the mundane beginnings of your search, though you can tell by the look on her face that she's already started to get bored with the routine details. She perks up again once you reach the first encounter with the spiders, however, her expressing quickly giving way to dismay.
>"Giant spiders!?" she cries, not loud enough to draw the attention of the whole inn, thankfully, although you get more than a handful of odd stares in your direction. Merlin is predictably oblivious. You do your best not to cringe and simply bush past it. She listens through the rest in rapt attention, punctuating the tense moments with the occasional gasp.
>"That's... that's a big problem!" she says as you finish up.

« Reply #704 on: July 15, 2011, 02:35:44 AM »
>"You're telling me. As a matter of fact, that's what I wanted to talk to Lunasa about. She's a pro Seeker, and so am I, and there are times when pros need to ask for some backup. I think this is one of those times."

« Reply #705 on: July 15, 2011, 02:39:57 AM »
>"You're telling me. As a matter of fact, that's what I wanted to talk to Lunasa about. She's a pro Seeker, and so am I, and there are times when pros need to ask for some backup. I think this is one of those times."

>"Maybe, yeah..." Merlin nods, a rather somber look on her face. Then she frowns a little. "Hey, what do you mean 'pro'? You only graduated a couple days ago. I was there, y'know..."

« Reply #706 on: July 15, 2011, 02:47:50 AM »
>"Yeah. Graduated. That makes me a professional. I may not have as much experience as Marisa, your sister, but I earned this badge, and all that goes with it. And that includes this problem here, even if I didn't quite know what I was getting into at the time. From missing cows to giant spiders. Never a dull day, is there."

« Reply #707 on: July 15, 2011, 03:23:03 AM »
>"Yeah. Graduated. That makes me a professional. I may not have as much experience as Marisa, your sister, but I earned this badge, and all that goes with it. And that includes this problem here, even if I didn't quite know what I was getting into at the time. From missing cows to giant spiders. Never a dull day, is there."

>"You do bump into some pretty strange stuff sometimes..." Merlin muses. "Like when my trumpet got possessed or that time we ended up having to fight off an octopus youkai in the middle of a concert, years back. One of those big theatrical gigs in Val Razua, you know? I think she had a grudge against one of the actors or something." She smiles a little. "Sis tried to make it look like the whole thing was just part of the show. That was actually kinda fun, now that I think of it..."

« Reply #708 on: July 15, 2011, 04:02:54 AM »
>Did they get an airship out of the deal, too?
>"One of the good things of Seeker life: no shortage of adventures. Or good stories to tell, either."

« Reply #709 on: July 15, 2011, 04:19:56 AM »
>Did they get an airship out of the deal, too?
>"One of the good things of Seeker life: no shortage of adventures. Or good stories to tell, either."

>Sadly it was impounded by the authorities after Merlin went joy riding around the habour one too many times
>Merlin nods. "Sis takes it all so seriously, but at least this means she's also the one that takes care of the boring bits. Mostly."

« Reply #710 on: July 15, 2011, 04:23:00 AM »
>Add quest: Airship Liberation, in which we acquire said airship and go buzz the tower.
>"'Mostly'?"

« Reply #711 on: July 15, 2011, 04:27:23 AM »
>Add quest: Airship Liberation, in which we acquire said airship and go buzz the tower.
>"'Mostly'?"

>Quest added!
>"Eh, well, sometimes she makes us chip in," Merlin says, a slight frown on her face. "Speaking of which, Lyrica's probably going to grouch at me if I don't get moving soon. I'll make sure to tell sis about the spiders, if I see her. We might be too booked, but someone really needs to handle that. It sounds nasty..."

« Reply #712 on: July 15, 2011, 04:48:35 AM »
>"Very nasty. But it has to be done, and if I have to do it by myself, then so be it."

« Reply #713 on: July 15, 2011, 04:51:34 AM »
>"Very nasty. But it has to be done, and if I have to do it by myself, then so be it."

>"Well, I'll see what I can do."
>She stands up and gives a little wave. "Stay safe now!"

« Reply #714 on: July 15, 2011, 04:56:04 AM »
>Salute her with our juice glass.
>"I'll certainly try."
>Finish lunch.

« Reply #715 on: July 15, 2011, 05:00:13 AM »
>Salute her with our juice glass.
>"I'll certainly try."
>Finish lunch.

>You raise your glass to Merlin.
>Merlin smiles and nods. "It's a promise!" Then she turns and walks out of the inn.
>You work your way through the rest of your meal in a leisurely fashion, savoring the moments of calm comfort before you set out again. Almost too soon, you reach the last spoonful. You are well sated, but that also implies it's time to get back to business.

« Reply #716 on: July 15, 2011, 05:13:39 AM »
>Well, she's off to handle Lyrica. Let's see if we can find the third one.
>Head for the concert hall, see if we can catch her in action.

« Reply #717 on: July 15, 2011, 06:00:07 AM »
>Well, she's off to handle Lyrica. Let's see if we can find the third one.
>Head for the concert hall, see if we can catch her in action.

>You leave and head for the community hall, hoping to find Lunasa. It is certainly far from a proper concert hall, but it's the largest indoor venue Easthaven has to offer. It also happens to be a very short distance from the Harvest Bounty.
>It is a fairly large structure, quite obviously so by contrast with the other buildings around it, but constructed of a similar style, looking rather like a very long two-story house. A bank of windows runs along the upper part of the walls along the main hall space inside, giving it good lightning. The rest of the building is partitioned into smaller spaces, for the administration, or for use by smaller clubs and groups. At the moment, there are several posters affixed to the front entrance advertising the upcoming concert.

« Reply #718 on: July 15, 2011, 06:06:41 AM »
>Head on inside, keeping an eye out for that distinctive Prismriver hat.

« Reply #719 on: July 15, 2011, 06:21:04 AM »
>Head on inside, keeping an eye out for that distinctive Prismriver hat.

>You step inside and head towards the corridor to the main hall, keeping an eye out for Lunasa. You pass a couple people on the way, moving between other rooms along the side of the corridor, but when you reach the doors to the hall itself, you find them locked. You can hear some activity from inside, though.