Author Topic: Adventures in Cosplay!  (Read 192155 times)

Rockman Zero

• Class S Irregular Hunter
  • Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
Re: Adventures in Cosplay!
« Reply #630 on: December 06, 2012, 02:30:34 PM »
Besides the arcade game, performances are also taken place.
[attach=1]
This is the dark history of the succubus.
[attach=2]
Well, Reimu, are you a policewoman or something like this?
[attach=3]
The staffs are also act as singers here.
[attach=4]
Dark Youkai, you are finished.
[attach=5]

So much for this. Well, this Saturday, another cosplay show will taken place, I will be Youki again and my friend will be Yuyuko.
Another exhibition "CP11" will be taken place in Dec 22nd and 23rd. But unfortunately, I still don't have ticket yet, and I will try to buy on the Internet this Saturday. If it could be succeed, my character will be Homura again in CP11.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:32:45 PM by Rockman Zero »
I am the host of the purest ACG forum: Angel Online.http://www.acglms.com.cn.

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #631 on: December 07, 2012, 07:30:19 AM »
{de-lurks}

OH HEY SO. UH. I'M SELLING OFF A BUNCH OF COSPLAYS. Including Touhou stuff! Here's some photos and prices and things:

Touhou:

Yukari Yakumo - $120
Material: BRIDAL SATIN! It's really nice!
Includes: Dress, lace collar piece (it looks like part of the dress but it's not so that the dress can be washed separately from the lace), hat... and gloves, if I can find them. No parasol, as it unfortunately broke a while ago.

Aya Shameimaru - $190
Material: Top is made out of linen, bottom is made of stretch sateen. Despite this, still should be hand-washed because of the hand-painting.
Includes: Top, skirt, tie, tonkin. Will include wig for an additional $25.
(I don't really want to part with her because of the fact that I would definitely wear this again, plus she's like my favorite toohoo ever but I can move on.)

Other stuff:

Hannes Farraguia [Epic of Zektbach - Ristaccia] - $80
Material: COTTON. ALL OF IT.
Includes: Dress, collar, habit. Will include wig for an additional $30. No petticoat, because I use it for a ton of other things.

Chie-sensei [Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni] - $65
Material: MORE COTTON!
Includes: Just the dress. Will include wig for an additional $15, plus if you want the shoes I'll give you those as well (women's size 9)

Please note: I am 5-8, about 160lbs, and my measurements are 37-32-40, so all costumes were made to fit these restrictions. However if you are smaller, I can take things in so that they would fit someone your size, for an additional fee.

Other costumes can be found at my ACP page (http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?a=56678&t=costumes), and you can look up more photos on each individual costume there too. Click on "Items for sale" on the side to see how low I'm willing to go on each costume, too. ALL PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE! I'm just in a tight spot money-wise and I would also like to clear out closet space, so if you're interested please let me know!

I can make the same material ones, and it may cost about half price and any sizes can be made.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #632 on: December 07, 2012, 07:48:53 AM »
have to say, I'm a bit jelly of all the guys here that can actually cosplay as female characters, and not just the Touhou cast either, as I doubt I could ever pull off a full female character cosplay myself, probably the best I have balls to do is Wear a Marisa hat and MAYBE a Marisa wig? I just don't have the balls to wear the full getup unfortunately, mainly due to self esteem issues in that regard =/

Also goin a bit off topic here but Rockman Zero, I tried going to the link in your signature, but Google Chrome gave me a Malware warning, just thought you'd like to know though it could be a false positive, but better safe than sorry I always say.
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #633 on: December 08, 2012, 11:57:50 AM »
Well, now I meet a problem that I should support those guys that can actually cosplay as female characters and I should do a sub character to follow them.
Today, I support a guy who wants to cosplay as Yuyuko and I am a sub character Youki. Well, I can get photos next Tuesday. To tell you the truth, I make cosplay only for fun, in fact, I am not quite good at it, I just think that I could learn something while do that kind of performance.
Well, a little off-topic, it's true that I run a website that the link is in my signature. But I am sorry, it supports Chinese only. I just share some interesting items with others. Due to the server was attacked by some hackers, it may cause some trojans. On the other hand, I want to change the system of it because I can't hold that there are too many junk advertisements.

Yucari

• Humble Tengu Reporter
  • Ah! Domo.
« Reply #634 on: December 10, 2012, 02:19:26 AM »
I can make the same material ones, and it may cost about half price and any sizes can be made.

I also take commissions of really anything, and I don't think you're charging enough for labor.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #635 on: December 11, 2012, 08:51:10 AM »
have to say, I'm a bit jelly of all the guys here that can actually cosplay as female characters, and not just the Touhou cast either, as I doubt I could ever pull off a full female character cosplay myself, probably the best I have balls to do is Wear a Marisa hat and MAYBE a Marisa wig? I just don't have the balls to wear the full getup unfortunately, mainly due to self esteem issues in that regard =/

Oh but once you join the crew, you'll find it hard to stop :D And there's always the option to modify the costume to look like a male:
"dude modifying girl costume to be brotastic"
Yup, you'll run into a few here as well as on Google search. You could also try Mokou - most Brohou crossplayers I've seen have had most success with cosplaying as her since she gives off that male feeling in most depictions so the bar for gender pass is pretty low for her.

Alright, so I'm starting to work on getting the right makeup for my Touhou cosplaying. Gotta get ready before my next four cons coming up (Ohayocon in Jan, Katsu in Feb). My aims are set pretty high so I'm looking forward to the outcome :D Any tips available on applying Mascara and foundations would be greatly appreciated.

And here is myself as Yukari playing Touhou Real Mahjong at Kollisioncon 3. Yays won a kokushi yakuman hand at another table. Photograph courtesy of weirdreview.com. Shoutout to Chicago Anime Mahjong Players for hosting the game :3
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 08:56:15 AM by DeltaSierra4 »
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

« Reply #636 on: December 12, 2012, 04:00:30 AM »

Don't be like that... really, just do it. Marisa's outfit isn't girly at all outside of the skirt, which is easy to fix by wearing pants or bloomers to not get that feeling of "bare legs".

I've done Murasa first because of all the self-esteem issues, I feared being laughed at, having my pics in shame sites, etc. if I did my favourite characters but now I just don't care. I've already got two costumes sewed and am working on their props, despite being characters that are the complete opposite of my physical being. I'll post some pictures of them tomorrow.

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #637 on: December 12, 2012, 07:22:05 AM »
I regret to tell you that the outer scene last week was a failure. I didn't notice to the make up work which the girl did for Yuyuko's cosplayer. Even he has a mirror, he didn't find out either. After he got the images he found out that the make up is not for lady but for a playboy.
Another shame is that Yukari's cosplayer was busy so that she cannot attend, besides, it becomes colder and colder. I only hope that I could meet Yukari's cosplayer in CP11. I know that she will attend and a "Reimu" and a "Mokou" with her.
Last evening, Yuyuko's cosplayer sent a message for me and said that his "Homura" could be finished before CP11, so that we could be both Homura again even that mine is a "Mahou Shounen" version. I expect for the girl who do the make up could be better than I think of. But I still got worried, could we do something in CP11? Will it be a long queue that we should wait for hours? When should I start from my home? Is it ok for my friend to put my "Madoka" on?

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #638 on: December 14, 2012, 04:55:20 AM »
I'm not exactly some Adonis, trust me, and I went to a Touhou photoshoot as (wigless cuz I was an idiot and left it at home)Youmu.  At first I was sorta concerned it'd be too weird, but then I just decided "I think it'd be fun, so who cares if it feels awkward?"  Turned out to be entertaining after all, and I plan to do more crossplay eventually as a result.  ...I'll have to be sure the skirt fastens better though so I don't need random Cirnos to safety pin me together, haha.

Anyway, basically it's "If you think it'd be fun, do it!"
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #639 on: December 14, 2012, 02:38:57 PM »
I'm not exactly some Adonis, trust me, and I went to a Touhou photoshoot as (wigless cuz I was an idiot and left it at home)Youmu.  At first I was sorta concerned it'd be too weird, but then I just decided "I think it'd be fun, so who cares if it feels awkward?"  Turned out to be entertaining after all, and I plan to do more crossplay eventually as a result.  ...I'll have to be sure the skirt fastens better though so I don't need random Cirnos to safety pin me together, haha.

Anyway, basically it's "If you think it'd be fun, do it!"
As I read that I imagined "Tomboyish Girl in Love" playing as the Cirno's save you going skirtless XD
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #640 on: December 17, 2012, 05:09:03 PM »
As I read that I imagined "Tomboyish Girl in Love" playing as the Cirno's save you going skirtless XD
...that would have been interesting, that's for sure.  Horrifying, but interesting.  Luckily it was just a Cirno cosplayer giving me a safety pin(who I forgot their name so I can't look them up to thank them.  Oh well.), which is much lower on the horror scale.    Still wondering what my next cosplay will be, but I've got plenty of time to think on that since I'd probably not be able to attend another con before summer due to lacking funds/time...
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #641 on: December 25, 2012, 08:02:44 PM »
So... comic fiesta 2012 just finished one day after the world ended, celebrating the coming of the new world... we cosplayed!

Here are my photos https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151163445315952.441924.524345951&type=1 and https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.490696374305618.103162.100000957808985&type=1

and here is my photo (same as my avy) it may not look like much, but I swear I was cosplaying Kiritsugu... (i am lazy with my wig)
http://havencos.tumblr.com/post/38805496686/ladies-and-gentlemen-it-has-been-a-great-time-at

<-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #642 on: December 25, 2012, 08:19:20 PM »
So... comic fiesta 2012 just finished one day after the world ended, celebrating the coming of the new world... we cosplayed!
Awesome, you look really good.   :*  My friends that usually do the Touhou doujins at CF weren't able to get a table this year, IIRC, but it looked like there were quite a few Touhous there.

Also, your picts on Facebook are unavailable.  =[
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 08:21:21 PM by Momiji »

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #643 on: December 26, 2012, 07:43:49 PM »
Status is public for that album so yeah. try again. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151163445315952.441924.524345951&type=1&l=8703381431
I so wanna see Momiji table flip there at the con lol.

me as Danboard
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 07:46:08 PM by ♛ Siri »
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #644 on: December 27, 2012, 03:04:16 AM »

me as Danboard
Haha XD nice work! You should do Domo-kun as well.
(Also, dat KFC shirt lol you must have had fried Mystia for lunch or dinner XD)

I so wanna see Momiji table flip there at the con lol.
Momiji you should do that at Anime Boston XD
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #645 on: December 27, 2012, 09:55:53 AM »
Here is my photoset from Youmacon, which includes a few pictures of DeltaSierra as Smoking!Sanae! Sorry for the delay Delta xP

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100551709107578.2367735.25717153&type=1&l=0f2fdbcfae
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #646 on: December 27, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »
Here is my photoset from Youmacon, which includes a few pictures of DeltaSierra as Smoking!Sanae! Sorry for the delay Delta xP

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100551709107578.2367735.25717153&type=1&l=0f2fdbcfae
Hahaha XD more madokas. I like that picture u took with the slender man (I also could've done slender man but things fell through... :()
Thanks for the pictures! :D Awesome pics with your con buddies btw. I wish my con buddy was in the picture as well haha

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #647 on: December 28, 2012, 02:45:13 PM »
I also take commissions of really anything, and I don't think you're charging enough for labor.
Even I sold Aya's with such material in $100, I can gain my labor, I am not such a fool that sell items at a loss.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #648 on: January 03, 2013, 07:39:25 AM »
Back from Comiket. Along with a good haul of new releases I managed to pick up some good cosplays at Comiket. Here are the good photos (excluding too blurry, too dark, or too light ones)

2nd day of Comiket
I wonder where I could get that Ran's tail.
I should probably quit Yukari now :( :( :( (nah just kidding).
Same Yukari from a different angle.
Hey Momiji! You got a competitor!
PCB Yuyuko & Yukari, but they look like sisters.
It was certainly worth walking out in the rain to see this Youmu & Ran pair.

3rd day of Comiket
A Futo crossplayer.
(●)w(●)
Sakuya was crowding up a whole corner.
Same Sakuya as above. If only she brought silver knives.
Different Sakuya cosplayer with silver knives.
Kyuubey doing it Kung-fu style
Same Kyuubey, maybe you should take it to Soku with Meiling!
Last snapshot of Patchouli before Comiket staff came and disbanded the crowd
(Yeah we tried to take more Touhou pictures after the cosplay area was closing down so the staff members nearby were getting nervous)

Conclusion: This makes me feel both discouraged AND motivated to continue crossplaying :V So many great cosplayers out there...

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #649 on: January 05, 2013, 01:23:58 PM »
I lost some items this time due to I lent it to my friend. I was really angry because it's the third time I lost items because of him. So this time, I made items by myself even that I am not good at making items.
[attach=1]
It's quite a long one. Well, I think that if I have time, I should do something with wig.
[attach=2]
All right. It's nearly done.

« Reply #650 on: January 13, 2013, 01:52:50 PM »
Our group usually cosplays Touhou for all kinds of events, specially in Barcelona, so when the biggest Barcelona mangacon came by...

...a friend and I suggested Touhouswag, and this is the result:

On tumblr

JT

« Reply #651 on: January 13, 2013, 07:56:45 PM »
Heh, awesome. :D

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #652 on: January 13, 2013, 08:07:35 PM »
Awesomeness rating is seconded. For both the Touhou Swag and the doll.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #653 on: January 16, 2013, 05:59:50 PM »
I am impressed by the SWAG in that post

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:05:08 PM by DeltaSierra4 »

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #655 on: January 27, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »
I settled down to start my year end project. a project that despite being fabric will likely take a total of 8 months to finish. will show when a tiny bit of stuff can be seen...

also, nice cos!! DeltaSierra!

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #656 on: January 27, 2013, 07:43:29 PM »
Thanks :D I also expect to get another 2hu for Katsu (hint: It may be a cosplay that I took a picture of at Comiket 83? :3)

(e: Oh sweet! My costume just arrived! Sneak peak!)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:46:12 AM by DeltaSierra4 »

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #657 on: January 27, 2013, 09:29:24 PM »
So I got the fabric for Lady Drape Jakuri (CAUTION, THAR BE AR TONELICO 2 SPOILERS THERE.) It's about 5 yards total, in 3 different fabrics. Remind me what I was thinking when I decided I wanted to wander around Katsucon in a bath robe?

Either way, I'll hopefully be posting WIP pictures within the next week or so!

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #658 on: February 04, 2013, 04:30:37 AM »
I DID PROMISE! EVEN WITHIN A WEEK

Actually there's only one pic, I mostly made the negligee, it just needs some gathering and taking in.

[attach=1]

EDIT: Moar progress
[attach=2]

[attach=3]

[attach=4]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:23:41 AM by UncertainJakutten »

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #659 on: February 25, 2013, 04:30:36 AM »
So I went to Anime Milwaukee and cosplayed 3 different Homestuck characters. Feel free to totally judge. There's also only good pictures of the one that was me borrowing someone else's cosplay last second.......

First I was Jane...

You can kind of see it better here though that's from when I just had my Life hoodie on cuz cold... also I'm with my absolutely amazing friends who totally upstage me...

Then I was Terezi. I like this picture a lot save for the grainy phone quality sob.

And then on Sunday I ended up in my friend's Jake outfit and we got professional photos taken wow so...

Even more dorky pictures.
Also:
homos staring lovingly into each other's eyes
Jake fucks everything up without knowing it
sad Alpha kids group shot

Okay that's it, I swear I don't plan on cosplaying only Homestuck at a con again...