Author Topic: Sanae Quest (Part 4)  (Read 52063 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Sanae Quest (Part 4)
« Reply #960 on: May 27, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »
> "I... How about I tell you in a bit? We should probably be off."
> Follow Kikuri, just enough to catch up.
> "Thank you for allowing myself and Kogasa to dine with you. Your hospitality was most appreciated, and I hope we'll have the opportunity to do so again."
> Bow, and leave the shrine.

> "Ah..."  Kogasa stands up.
> You follow Kikuri just enough to catch up with her.
> Kikuri glances over at you.  "You're leaving?  Thank you for coming."  She glances over at the lantern.  "You over there, say goodbye, too."
> Konngara, who is hiding behind said lantern, pokes her head out from behind it.  "...bye."
> You and Kogasa leave the shrine.  As you're walking down the stairs, Kogasa starts asking questions.
> "What happened?  Do you know why they're aboveground?  Could you tell if they were lucid or not?  Konngara was so cute, but why did she show up that young?"

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #961 on: May 27, 2011, 10:14:43 AM »
>"I don't why people are little kids here, really. It's kinda cute, though."
>"Um...sorry if that was a little awkward for you. I can understand if you don't really want to have to deal with Konngara after what happened."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #962 on: May 27, 2011, 10:16:54 AM »
>"I don't why people are little kids here, really. It's kinda cute, though."
>"Um...sorry if that was a little awkward for you. I can understand if you don't really want to have to deal with Konngara after what happened."

> "Yeah."
> "It's fine...It was a little awkward, but she didn't even seem to recognize us."

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #963 on: May 27, 2011, 11:03:22 AM »
>"Well, maybe Kikuri was the one who added the Myouren Shrine to the world? She's a goddess too, isn't she?"
>If we hadn't told her about the unforseen additions, tell her first.

« Reply #964 on: May 27, 2011, 01:56:33 PM »
>"Well, maybe Kikuri was the one who added the Myouren Shrine to the world? She's a goddess too, isn't she?"
Okay, this is my fault: I haven't been explaining what I've been thinking about as far as everything being here.

>Don't say this.

> "I think that a lot of the people in this world are the actual people, Kogasa, at least the ones we recognize. I'm not sure about some people like Charlotte or that red headed librarian, but I'm almost definitely sure that was our Konngara. When we were eating that fish, she seemed to remember us making that meal down at Satori's, and even Kikuri mentioned that it was strange that she approached me when we came up."
> Frown as we continue down the stairs. "When we were washing dishes, she was really confused. I think she was starting to become lucid, or something... so I decided to take a chance."

Anyways, as far as the odd alterations to the landscape, I think it's the dreams of the others impacting our dreamscape: a lot of these people are just as powerful, if not more, than us, and can easily have some influence on the dream, especially since we more put down a template than actually painstakingly crafted it by hand. For the temple, it was probably Byakuren's dream version of it, and the Nameless Shrine is probably a combination of Kikuri and Konngara: Kikuri wanted it to be aboveground, but Konngara probably wanted a tad bit of isolation.

As for various characters being children, it's probably more to do with their psyche than anything. Kogasa isn't a child because, hey, she's never been one anyways, and it really doesn't matter for her: she likes who she is in the real world, so her dream world version would be almost exactly the same. Patchouli, I'm not too sure about, though if I had to take a stab it would be that being a child too young for school means that she would have no responsibilities, but she'd be old enough to read all the books she wants without interruptions. Ichirin's probably just her being way too tense in the real world.

Konngara's the interesting one, though, and one that Sanae would not be able to get the full view of. I'll have to look back at Parsee Quest to get a better idea.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 02:13:59 PM by Twelve Parsects »

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #965 on: May 27, 2011, 07:06:34 PM »

>Don't say this.

> "I think that a lot of the people in this world are the actual people, Kogasa, at least the ones we recognize. I'm not sure about some people like Charlotte or that red headed librarian, but I'm almost definitely sure that was our Konngara. When we were eating that fish, she seemed to remember us making that meal down at Satori's, and even Kikuri mentioned that it was strange that she approached me when we came up."
> Frown as we continue down the stairs. "When we were washing dishes, she was really confused. I think she was starting to become lucid, or something... so I decided to take a chance."

> You think of mentioning the Myouren Temple, but you decide against it.
> You continue explaining to Kogasa as you walk down the stairs.  There are definitely people you recognized, like Patchouli and Konngara, but there were others like Charlotte and the red headed librarian.  It's obvious that Kogasa knows she's in a dream, but the others are really open for interpretation, especially Konngara.  You still can't tell.  Come to think of it, there are a lot of things you still don't know about this place...
> "That's a fun way of putting it," Kogasa says as she skips down the stairs.  "It leaves a lot of room for que--take a chance?  What did you say to her?"

> _

« Reply #966 on: May 27, 2011, 07:11:02 PM »
> "I... thought that if she was partially aware of what was going on, I might be able to suggest some things. What do you call it... give her an idea in her subconcious, or something, that she'll remember when she's awake? I thought that... maybe if I got a thought in her head like 'I want to be with Kikuri', then... she'll get over me..."
> ...
> "... Is... was that wrong? I mean, I'm kind of tricking her, but it's for a good reason, right?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #967 on: May 27, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »
> "I... thought that if she was partially aware of what was going on, I might be able to suggest some things. What do you call it... give her an idea in her subconcious, or something, that she'll remember when she's awake? I thought that... maybe if I got a thought in her head like 'I want to be with Kikuri', then... she'll get over me..."
> ...
> "... Is... was that wrong? I mean, I'm kind of tricking her, but it's for a good reason, right?"

> ...Is what you did wrong?
> "I'm not really sure," Kogasa says.  "It's all up to what you think, and how she reacts to it, I think."

> _

« Reply #968 on: May 27, 2011, 07:46:58 PM »
> "Maybe..."
> Walk down to the end of the stairs, and check our watch.
> "So... back to your question earlier. If these are the actual people, like Kikuri, Konngara, Ichirin, and Patchouli, then maybe they're affecting the dreamworld as well. I know all about the shrine, so it's exactly how I imagine it, but I don't know the village very well, so maybe people who do live there fill in spaces that I kind of, you know, glossed over. Maybe that nun in charge of the temple imagines the temple looking like that, and maybe Konngara's temple is up here because that's what Konngara and Kikuri want the shrine to be."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #969 on: May 27, 2011, 08:25:53 PM »
> "Maybe..."
> Walk down to the end of the stairs, and check our watch.
> "So... back to your question earlier. If these are the actual people, like Kikuri, Konngara, Ichirin, and Patchouli, then maybe they're affecting the dreamworld as well. I know all about the shrine, so it's exactly how I imagine it, but I don't know the village very well, so maybe people who do live there fill in spaces that I kind of, you know, glossed over. Maybe that nun in charge of the temple imagines the temple looking like that, and maybe Konngara's temple is up here because that's what Konngara and Kikuri want the shrine to be."

> The time in the real world is currently 8:30am
> "So you're saying it's like a collaboration?"

> _

« Reply #970 on: May 27, 2011, 08:29:45 PM »
> "Yeah, that's a pretty good way to put it. I think that's what's going on, at least. Looks like we've got some time before we wake up... Want to go back to the shrine, see if Poniko's awake?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #971 on: May 27, 2011, 08:39:02 PM »
> "Yeah, that's a pretty good way to put it. I think that's what's going on, at least. Looks like we've got some time before we wake up... Want to go back to the shrine, see if Poniko's awake?"

> You ponder the possibility of other people contributing to the dream.
> "Okay.  Say, what kind of person is Poniko?"

> _

« Reply #972 on: May 27, 2011, 08:45:48 PM »
>"She's a girl who lived in a seashell house in Madotsuki's dream. She has this creepy, dark other half which is basically a black hole with eyes, but it actually allows her to teleport. She also used to speak with this weird voice, like two people were speaking at once... We should ask her about that"

« Reply #973 on: May 27, 2011, 08:48:50 PM »
> Extend our wings to flight mode, and take to the skies towards the Moriya Shrine.
> "What kind of person is Poniko... well... I don't know her that well, but whenever she wasn't sleeping, she was the 'take charge' kind of girl. Overall, a nice girl. She's staying at the Moriya Shrine, probably because I made a door between there and her room, because I was trying to get them to get through it before their dream crashed. Judging by what Monoe said, that didn't quite work out as planned."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #974 on: May 27, 2011, 08:57:45 PM »
> Extend our wings to flight mode, and take to the skies towards the Moriya Shrine.
> "What kind of person is Poniko... well... I don't know her that well, but whenever she wasn't sleeping, she was the 'take charge' kind of girl. Overall, a nice girl. She's staying at the Moriya Shrine, probably because I made a door between there and her room, because I was trying to get them to get through it before their dream crashed. Judging by what Monoe said, that didn't quite work out as planned."

> The two of you take to the skies and start flying for the Moriya Shrine.  Along the way, you tell Kogasa about Poniko.
> "Ohh."
> You're still worried about that door...

> _

« Reply #975 on: May 27, 2011, 08:59:08 PM »
> "Oh, and she has a superpowered weird side that can rip holes in dimensions, but other than that she's pretty all right."
> Keep flying.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #976 on: May 27, 2011, 09:05:36 PM »
> "Oh, and she has a superpowered weird side that can rip holes in dimensions, but other than that she's pretty all right."
> Keep flying.

> "What?!"
> You and Kogasa keep flying until you've reached the Moriya Shrine.  It's normal as usual, except you see Suwako-sama loitering around on the porch.  It's so weird seeing her awake...

> _

« Reply #977 on: May 27, 2011, 09:08:30 PM »
> Is Pyonta-kun with her?
> Wave as we land. "Suwako-sama~! Good afternoon!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #978 on: May 27, 2011, 09:13:16 PM »
> Is Pyonta-kun with her?
> Wave as we land. "Suwako-sama~! Good afternoon!"

> Of course.  She always keeps him on her head or within her proximity.
> You wave and call out to her as you land.  Suwako-sama looks over and waves back.
> "Hi, Sanae!"

> _

« Reply #979 on: May 27, 2011, 09:15:09 PM »
> "How are you and Pyonta-kun doing today? Is Poniko awake?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #980 on: May 27, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »
> "How are you and Pyonta-kun doing today? Is Poniko awake?"

> "Doing great!  Poniko's still asleep, if you want to wake her up or something."

> _

« Reply #981 on: May 27, 2011, 09:20:41 PM »
> "Jeez, what a lazy bum... thanks!"
> Head inside, taking off our shoes and retracting our wings, and head to our room.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #982 on: May 27, 2011, 09:26:19 PM »
> "Jeez, what a lazy bum... thanks!"
> Head inside, taking off our shoes and retracting our wings, and head to our room.

> Poniko's so lazy.  What are you going to do with her?
> You take off your shoes as you head inside, and retract your wings before heading to your room.
> Your room is just as it is in the Outside World, except without Madotsuki sleeping in your futon.  At one side of your room, you see a door that wasn't there previously.
> Kogasa peeks out from behind the entrance to your room and stares at the new door.  "So I'm guessing that's it."

> _

« Reply #983 on: May 27, 2011, 09:32:31 PM »
> "Yeah..."
> Take a deep breath, and open the door.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #984 on: May 27, 2011, 09:38:59 PM »
> "Yeah..."
> Take a deep breath, and open the door.

> You take a deep breath and open the door.
> It's...it's just another room in the shrine, but all of Poniko's furniture is here.  The lights are all off, but you see Poniko asleep in her bed.  It's not a portal, but it's definitely Poniko's room.

> _

« Reply #985 on: May 27, 2011, 09:43:12 PM »
> Phew. Peek out the window just to make sure.
> Gently shake Poniko awake. "Hey, Poniko. It's Sanae, wake up."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #986 on: May 27, 2011, 09:58:29 PM »
> Phew. Peek out the window just to make sure.
> Gently shake Poniko awake. "Hey, Poniko. It's Sanae, wake up."

> Oh thank God.
> You look out the window, and see the scenery of the Youkai Mountain.  You're still in your universe.
> You gently shake Poniko awake.  She stirs, and squints up at you with bleary eyes.
> "Nngh...wha?"

> _

« Reply #987 on: May 27, 2011, 10:00:11 PM »
> "Hi! Just checking up on you. Sorry for waking you up... but you're always asleep. Are you doing all right? Has everyone been treating you just fine? Oh, by the way, this is my girlfriend, Kogasa."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #988 on: May 27, 2011, 10:04:39 PM »
> "Hi! Just checking up on you. Sorry for waking you up... but you're always asleep. Are you doing all right? Has everyone been treating you just fine? Oh, by the way, this is my girlfriend, Kogasa."

> "Myeah..."  Poniko rubs her eyes.  "'S been all good."  She glances over at Kogasa.  "Hi."
> Kogasa waves.  "Umm, hi."

> _

« Reply #989 on: May 27, 2011, 10:07:03 PM »
> "Hey, has that other voice been bothering you at all? Just curious. And is sleeping all you ever do? There's a whole new world out there! Did you know that Monoe got a job at a confectionary?"