Author Topic: Parsee Quest  (Read 71166 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Parsee Quest
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2010, 08:32:58 PM »
>Proud smile.
>"Oh, I'm sure she would. After all, everyone knows I'm connected to the big players in town."

>_

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2010, 08:44:31 PM »
>Proud smile.
>"Oh, I'm sure she would. After all, everyone knows I'm connected to the big players in town."

>_

> Yamame laughs.  "Really?  Name everyone you've ever met right now, then~"

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2010, 08:50:11 PM »
>"Mmmm, I think I need only mention one. I took a break from cuddling with her to visit you two, even."
>Ah yeah, that's the stuff.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2010, 09:06:23 PM »
>"Mmmm, I think I need only mention one. I took a break from cuddling with her to visit you two, even."
>Ah yeah, that's the stuff.

> "Show-off," Yamame teases.
> Kisume has stopped paying attention and is staring at the comatose girl again.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2010, 09:09:49 PM »
>"Maybe just a little."
>Go have a look at Comamatic. Is there any information about her written somewhere?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2010, 09:49:28 PM »
>"Maybe just a little."
>Go have a look at Comamatic. Is there any information about her written somewhere?

> You walk over to the comatose girl's bed and look at the clipboard hanging at the foot of it.  It's mostly stuff like her breathing and heart rate.  There's also a note saying "species unknown" and "found a mile outside the city."
> The girl herself is breathing slowly but steadily.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2010, 09:55:57 PM »
>Species unknown, is she?
>Have a closer look and try to figure out what she is. Or, at least, what she isn't?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2010, 10:21:23 PM »
>Species unknown, is she?
>Have a closer look and try to figure out what she is. Or, at least, what she isn't?

> There's a folding chair near the girl's bed, so you take a seat while you try to figure out what she is.
> She's definitely not a human, otherwise she'd be long dead.  She doesn't have horns so she's not an Oni, either.  Kasha and Hell Raven are out, as she lacks wings or the ears&tail combo.  She doesn't have a third eye, so she's not a satori.  If she were, they would have dropped her off at the Palace of the Earth Spirits instead of a hospital.  Kappa is out, too; they don't have blonde hair.  If she were a tsuchigumo Yamame would have known instantly.  Same with tsurube-otoshi, and she doesn't seem like she would fit very well with a bucket, anyway.  A tengu in a comatose state wouldn't be able to hide their wings, and she doesn't have the right ears, so that's out.  She's not even a hashihime; her ears are like a human's.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2010, 10:38:04 PM »
>"What is your deal?"
>Is she in her proper clothes or a hospital gown?
>Assuming her proper clothes are nearby, rifle through the pockets.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2010, 11:19:01 PM »
>"What is your deal?"
>Is she in her proper clothes or a hospital gown?
>Assuming her proper clothes are nearby, rifle through the pockets.

> You grumble a bit, but she doesn't even stir.
> She's in a hospital gown.
> Her proper clothes are in a cardboard box under her bed, so you retrieve it and look through the pockets.
> "Huh?  What are you doing?" Yamame asks curiously.  "Spellcards?"
> You've found a few slips of paper in the box.  Yamame's right, they are spellcards.  You take a look at what's written on them, but...you can't recognize any of the kanji on here, if it even is kanji.  You couldn't use them even if you wanted to.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2010, 12:22:36 AM »
>"Hey, what does this even say?"
>Show Yamame.
>Was there anything else among her clothes? In fact, what do her clothes look like?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2010, 12:58:55 AM »
>"Hey, what does this even say?"
>Show Yamame.
>Was there anything else among her clothes? In fact, what do her clothes look like?

> Yamame takes the spellcards from you and tries reading them.  It only takes ten seconds before she gives up and passes them on to Kisume.
> "I have no idea," she says, defeated.  Kisume is now tracing her finger along the characters written on the spellcards.
> You take a look at the clothes in the box.  It's a simple purple dress with white sleeves, red stitches up the sides, and a green print that's too faded to make out.  There's also a pair of white socks and black shoes.  You can't find anything else in the box.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2010, 01:43:21 AM »
>"Well, she's got no money, no supplies, not even a simple knife. Looks like a lost topsider to me. Any luck with those cards, Kisume?"

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #193 on: December 12, 2010, 01:43:58 AM »

And what does that ">_" symbol mean? You use it all the time.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #194 on: December 12, 2010, 01:48:52 AM »
It means stop bein' a mook, mook!

It's a callback to text adventures.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2010, 01:49:34 AM »
>"Well, she's got no money, no supplies, not even a simple knife. Looks like a lost topsider to me. Any luck with those cards, Kisume?"

> "Makes you wonder what she's gonna do when she wakes up, huh?"
> Kisume is staring down the cards like the owe her money, but she finally shakes her head and hands them back to you.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2010, 02:01:56 AM »
>"Ah well. They're probably some surface jibber jabber."
>Look around, is there anything to copy down the spellcard writings on?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2010, 02:23:33 AM »
>"Ah well. They're probably some surface jibber jabber."
>Look around, is there anything to copy down the spellcard writings on?

> Lots of different languages are spoken in the Underground, but the surface world's languages can be downright strange.
> You glance around the room to see if there's anything you can write these characters down on.  There aren't any pencils or paper in here, but an information desk would probably have them.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2010, 02:25:31 AM »
>Too much work. Pocket the cards.
>Actually, do spellcards normally just give a name, or is there information on them that would allow one to discern information about them? If there is information, can we stare at the surface jibber jabba and make some guesses as to what it might be implying? Like numbers and such?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2010, 03:06:24 AM »
>Too much work. Pocket the cards.
>Actually, do spellcards normally just give a name, or is there information on them that would allow one to discern information about them? If there is information, can we stare at the surface jibber jabba and make some guesses as to what it might be implying? Like numbers and such?

> You don't feel like going back to the information desk, so you pocket the cards.
> Obtained x6 unreadable spellcards
> Putting designs on spellcards--designs that hint to what the spellcard is used for--is entirely preferential.  In the end, it boils down to whether or not the creator can read it or not.  The spellcards you picked up have pictures on them, but even from those you can't tell what the spellcards are supposed to do.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #200 on: December 12, 2010, 03:07:52 AM »
>What do the pictures look like?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2010, 03:34:53 AM »
>What do the pictures look like?

> There are fireworks, reeds, mountains, plants, frogs...things that are usually seen more commonly on the surface.  Except for the fireworks, of course.

> _

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2010, 07:39:02 AM »
>Decide that it's time to move on to the Palace of the Earth Spirits.
>Tell Yamame and Kisume you have super important work to do for Komeiji.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2010, 08:15:54 AM »
>Wait! Before doing above: check if the girl in coma has a hat among her clothes. If so, what does it look like?

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2010, 03:16:23 PM »
>Decide that it's time to move on to the Palace of the Earth Spirits.
>Tell Yamame and Kisume you have super important work to do for Komeiji.

>Wait! Before doing above: check if the girl in coma has a hat among her clothes. If so, what does it look like?

> You check the box for a hat.  Strangely enough, there isn't one in there.  You've heard that there's a really obsessive relationship between the surface world and hats, so this doesn't feel right.  It feels so wrong.

> Quest unlocked: And the hat...?
  > The comatose girl is from the surface world, but you didn't find a hat with her clothes.  This bothers you enough to want to take matters into your own hands.

> You think it's time to go to your next destination, so you let Yamame and Kisume know.
> "If you're going all the way over there, you don't even have to say it's super important," Yamame snickers.

> _

« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2010, 08:45:10 PM »
>snicker
>give them a nice hug for goodbye
>"Get well" smile.
>Leave
>to the Palace.

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2010, 09:41:41 PM »
>snicker
>give them a nice hug for goodbye
>"Get well" smile.
>Leave
>to the Palace.

> You get the last laugh by snickering.
> Before you leave, you smile and give Yamame and Kisume a hug.  Yamame has to hug you with one arm because the other's in a cast, but she has a strong hold.  Kisume is more fragile-looking, and you hug her more gently out of fear of hurting her.
> You then leave the hospital and start flying towards the Palace.  You fly because if you tried going there on foot, you'd get lost.
> You're getting closer to the Palace now.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2010, 09:54:52 PM »
>Take stock of the neighborhood whilst heading that way.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2010, 10:11:53 PM »
>Take stock of the neighborhood whilst heading that way.

> You're up very high, so you have a good view of the city.  Looking behind you, you can see the area of the city that's near your bridge, which has wider but shorter buildings.  Being on the outskirts of the city, it's less crowded.  The buildings become more densely clustered as you pass over the center of the city, with buildings that twist into labyrinths and probably go even deeper into the earth.  Here there be dragons, or at least, or at least, Oni that would have no qualms against tearing your limb off if you looked at them the wrong way.  Towards the south, everything sort of slopes and goes a bit into a chasm, and farther north of the hospital, you can barely see the slums.  Where the Palace is, the architexture is generally more refined, as a result of satori occupying that area for a couple of centuries.  A little near that and straight north is the No Man's Land of the Underground; here there be evil spirits and where Hell's Moon used to be.  The Silent Shrine as well, you think.  Closer to the Palace is the Hell of Blazing Fires, but you can't see that very well.
> You can see at least twenty parties and half as many fights going on where you are, and where there aren't the streets are busy anyway.  Other than that, there don't seem to be any major disruptions.

> _

« Reply #209 on: December 13, 2010, 12:18:29 AM »
>Continue towards the palace.