Author Topic: Vote for the People's Theme!  (Read 39234 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Vote for the People's Theme!
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2010, 01:08:23 AM »
Elaborate.

Just that I'm not saying that if I don't see a problem, then no one else does or should. I've even made suggestions on what people can do to alleviate their "burning retinas", I believe someone said. What I am saying, though, is that making light-hearted jokes to relax at people getting all GRAR about the theme is, to my mind, a fair response. And that making said joke does not mean it's never getting changed back. That's all.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
« Reply #301 on: November 12, 2010, 01:17:12 AM »
So, let's see... we have people who have enforced a red theme on the rest of us, people who are willing to fight to get the old white theme back, and a lot of people caught in the middle? That sounds familiar!

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #302 on: November 12, 2010, 01:17:55 AM »
So, let's see... we have people who have enforced a red theme on the rest of us, people who are willing to fight to get the old white theme back, and a lot of people caught in the middle? That sounds familiar!
Maybe that was their plan all along?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #303 on: November 12, 2010, 01:18:51 AM »
Look, guys.  I know I'm overreacting.

* theshim takes a deep breath

Ah, hell.  I'll put something here later.  Or not.  I'm just gonna go bash my head against a wall for a while first.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2010, 01:19:34 AM »
:getdown:
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #305 on: November 12, 2010, 01:24:55 AM »
What happened to our sexy smartphone theme?

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #306 on: November 12, 2010, 01:31:57 AM »
Can we resurrect that singing contest thread from like a year ago where I sang the Soviet national anthem and force it to play in the background? 

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #307 on: November 12, 2010, 01:33:02 AM »
Oh look it's MJP

Where the fuck have you been
                                                                                   .

Tengukami

« Reply #308 on: November 12, 2010, 01:37:27 AM »
Can we resurrect that singing contest thread from like a year ago where I sang the Soviet national anthem and force it to play in the background?

Ah, I'm sorry, but the anthem has already been decided.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

dustyjo

« Reply #309 on: November 12, 2010, 01:39:15 AM »

Menorah Jams, Pham

« Reply #310 on: November 12, 2010, 01:45:38 AM »
Oh look it's MJP

Where the fuck have you been

triangles made a China costume for Otakon, where do you THINK I've been?  :V

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #311 on: November 12, 2010, 01:52:05 AM »
Dude, it's November.
                                                                                   .

Menorah Jams, Pham

« Reply #312 on: November 12, 2010, 01:56:03 AM »
Dude, it's November.

Like I said, China costume.   :derp:

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #313 on: November 12, 2010, 01:58:25 AM »
That's why you're my man :/
                                                                                   .

Menorah Jams, Pham

« Reply #314 on: November 12, 2010, 02:09:54 AM »
That's why you're my man :/

:comradelyfist:

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #315 on: November 12, 2010, 02:30:00 AM »
H--
Holy shit. I did not even notice that. How did I not notice that? Enjoy your IP.

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
« Reply #316 on: November 12, 2010, 02:48:06 AM »
H--
Holy shit. I did not even notice that. How did I not notice that? Enjoy your IP.

Yes, Anastasia! I'm hoping my fate will be closer to the Disney version than history, though... *Curtsies*

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #317 on: November 12, 2010, 05:16:49 AM »
But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished.  He had won the victory over himself.  He loved Big Sister.

No one posted this. WHY HAS NO ONE POSTED THIS?

There was something here once. Wonder what...

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #318 on: November 12, 2010, 05:25:28 AM »
The issues with the theme would be a lot easier to deal with if every mention of it wasn't followed by 'LOL COMMUNISM LOL CAPITALIST PIG'. The whole ordeal is starting to reek of the typical level of internet maturity on par with U MAD BRO????
Of course, saying that now, I'm positive I'm gonna get someone to quote me and ask just that.

Also,
>internet
>maturity
I KNOW its an exercise in futility to hope for that to be the majority, rather than the minority.

dustyjo

« Reply #319 on: November 12, 2010, 05:56:07 AM »
The issues with the theme would be a lot easier to deal with if every mention of it wasn't followed by 'LOL COMMUNISM LOL CAPITALIST PIG'. The whole ordeal is starting to reek of the typical level of internet maturity on par with U MAD BRO? ???
Of course, saying that now, I'm positive I'm gonna get someone to quote me and ask just that.

Also,
>internet
>maturity
I KNOW its an exercise in futility to hope for that to be the majority, rather than the minority.

It's (General) TSO.

Also I didn't man that I was going to leave, I can't leave you guys even if I tried because I know you'll hunt me down.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:01:02 AM by dustyjo »

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #320 on: November 12, 2010, 05:59:35 AM »
It's TSO.
Why Tung and not Du---

Dong? I just realized that...

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #321 on: November 12, 2010, 06:07:31 AM »
The whole ordeal is starting to reek of the typical level of internet maturity on par with U MAD BRO????
We're just having a bit of fun. I like the total lack of ability to take a joke on the part of CPMC's userbase.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #322 on: November 12, 2010, 06:08:30 AM »
Wait, you mean this isn't a permanent change?  ::)
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #323 on: November 12, 2010, 06:23:18 AM »
Wait, you mean this isn't a permanent change?  ::)
[13:08] <ArashiKurobara> CPMC has always had a red layout. Just like Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #324 on: November 12, 2010, 06:48:00 AM »
Hmmmm it seems that if you got minimum amount of sleep and stare at the forum, you will see lighter red dots all over.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #325 on: November 12, 2010, 09:33:51 AM »
Man, I'm actually enjoying the hell out of the worker's paradise right now

Linking this for posterity

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #326 on: November 12, 2010, 11:57:28 AM »
We're just having a bit of fun. I like the total lack of ability to take a joke on the part of CPMC's userbase.

There's a point when a joke stops being funny and clever and becomes tired and overdone, though - and like I'd said, having every instance of someone voicing their discontent with the obnoxiously bright new theme being followed with immediate dismissal, especially from the moderators, can get rather tiresome. It's the same thing with trying to have a mature debate, and then the other guy just starts bellowing U MAD BRO? U MAD? It grinds the entire thing to a halt and no further intelligent dialogue can be had, because of one person being overly obnoxious and rendering all further attempts to even be civil useless.

Maybe if it weren't just TSO coming along with the LOLCOMMUNISM joke after every request to go back to the snowman theme, it wouldn't have felt like someone in power were trying to force a joke on everyone else.

Of course, I'm hitting this point of irritability probably because I'm ill, and even though I still don't like the color scheme, I'm appreciative of the fact that it was dimmed down a little.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #327 on: November 12, 2010, 12:01:49 PM »
Maybe if it weren't just TSO coming along with the LOLCOMMUNISM joke after every request to go back to the snowman theme, it wouldn't have felt like someone in power were trying to force a joke on everyone else.

I should have bitched more when the CPMC Snowman theme was still new. ::)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Tengukami

« Reply #328 on: November 12, 2010, 12:04:15 PM »
There's a point when a joke stops being funny and clever and becomes tired and overdone, though - and like I'd said, having every instance of someone voicing their discontent with the obnoxiously bright new theme being followed with immediate dismissal, especially from the moderators, can get rather tiresome. It's the same thing with trying to have a mature debate, and then the other guy just starts bellowing U MAD BRO? U MAD? It grinds the entire thing to a halt and no further intelligent dialogue can be had, because of one person being overly obnoxious and rendering all further attempts to even be civil useless.

Only we're not having a mature debate and an intelligent dialogue; we're posting on a joke forum. I don't see anything wrong with yucking it up in response to some pissing and moaning over something this trivial. And then there's Vic's point, which bears repeating.

In other words, no one is "disrespecting" you if they joke back at you, nor does it mean your concerns aren't being taken into consideration. It means this is CPMC, and sometimes folks need to lighten the hell up.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #329 on: November 12, 2010, 02:11:56 PM »

Of course, I'm hitting this point of irritability probably because I'm ill, and even though I still don't like the color scheme, I'm appreciative of the fact that it was dimmed down a little.
Typical Capitalist pigdog demanding his excess and decadence back and willing to ignore the will of the common Worker.

Serious answer:
It's a goddamn fucking joke.  Deal with it.  My responses were "lolcommunism" because I was playing along with the meme we were building.  Learn to have some fun and stop being so serious.  It's a temporary (you really think I'd keep something this ugly permanent?) layout change, in the joke forum, to fit along with the names Edible changed most of the staff to.

Seriously, if there's going to be a goddamn crisis every single time we try to have a little fun, then why the hell do we even bother?

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."