Author Topic: Keine Quest (Part 2): Broken History  (Read 71995 times)

Re: Keine Quest (Part 2): Broken History
« Reply #600 on: August 12, 2010, 12:05:44 AM »
>Indulge in some archaic profanity.
>Move around the bursts, and try to get both the first strikers and the group into range, then let them have it.

>You spit out a few choice words in ancient Elamite, while dodging out of the way of the incoming fire. You sweep your familiars out while you move, and take out two of the spirits to your right, then focus your fire on the group to your right, destroying a couple more before they can attack. A cluster near the front launch a wide spread of shots at you, while two more swoop in from a high angle.
>"The door won't catch!" Mokou yells back. "Must be enchanted."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #601 on: August 12, 2010, 12:27:41 AM »
>"Then get the hinges! Pop the screws or something!"
>Rise up to meet the high angle hooligans, fire upon them, then move between the wide spread if possible.

« Reply #602 on: August 12, 2010, 12:31:50 AM »
>"Then get the hinges! Pop the screws or something!"
>Rise up to meet the high angle hooligans, fire upon them, then move between the wide spread if possible.

>You ascend, shifting inbetween the lines of fire and direct your shots towards the ones from above, grazing one, and taking out another. Several more bursts come from your left, and below. You see a pair of tiny spirits start dashing towards each side of you, leaving a trail of danmaku in their wake.

>"Screw this!" you hear Mokou yell, followed by a loud explosion behind you.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #603 on: August 12, 2010, 12:35:55 AM »
> Spare a quick glance back to the door.
> If its open now, quickly head for it.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #604 on: August 12, 2010, 12:40:45 AM »
> Spare a quick glance back to the door.
> If its open now, quickly head for it.

>You quickly glance back at the door. A cloud of smoke is dissipating from it, but unfortunately, it still seem entirely intact. There is a large crest  glowing pale rose, faintly visible above the surface of the door. Another firebird screeches away from Mokou and slams into the door.
>A stray shot nicks your hip while you avert your gaze.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #605 on: August 12, 2010, 12:46:59 AM »
> Get back to dealing with those spirits

« Reply #606 on: August 12, 2010, 12:52:42 AM »
> Get back to dealing with those spirits

>You resume your focus and narrowly shift away from the rest of that blast, while sending waves of danmaku through the densest cluster of spirits to your left. You also snag one of the tiny spirits before it reaches you, and shift out of the way of its ensuring reprisal. You think its companion succeeds in spreading a cloud of danmaku behind you, however. You shift around some of the smaller blasts, and the mesh of your fire destroy another pair of spirits. A couple larger one are incoming.

>You hear a few more blasts behind and then Mokou cry out in frustration. And then the sound of something else. Metal scraping?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #607 on: August 12, 2010, 01:12:48 AM »
>Try to take out as much as the crowd as possible before the big ones get here.
>Keep an eye out for incoming fire.

« Reply #608 on: August 12, 2010, 01:17:14 AM »
>Try to take out as much as the crowd as possible before the big ones get here.
>Keep an eye out for incoming fire.

>You try to lay on the fire as thick as you can, while evading what is sent your way, and manage to take out a couple more spirits.
>You hear some more scraping, and then another blast behind you, followed almost immediately by someone shriek. You're pretty sure it wasn't Mokou or Rumia.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #609 on: August 12, 2010, 01:21:45 AM »
> Fire off some danmaku and then quickly look at what's happening at the door

« Reply #610 on: August 12, 2010, 01:26:53 AM »
> Fire off some danmaku and then quickly look at what's happening at the door

>You fire off a few more shots and glance over your shoulder. One of the doors seems to be open! Although you can't see in too well through the cloud of smoke around it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #611 on: August 12, 2010, 01:30:52 AM »
>"Let me know if it's clear!"
>Give the big ones some beatings, strafe a bit if its safe to to fill the air with more flak.

« Reply #612 on: August 12, 2010, 01:36:07 AM »
>"Let me know if it's clear!"
>Give the big ones some beatings, strafe a bit if its safe to to fill the air with more flak.

>You call back to Mokou and then attempt to focus fire on the larger spirits before they can start in earnest. One of them starts firing concentric circles of danmaku, while the other continues to close. You shift to the right and try to take out a couple smaller ones in the process.

>"Well, it's o-" Mokou starts, before being cut off by another voice.
>"What the hell? What are you-" You hear rapid footsteps.
>"Hey!" Mokou calls out.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #613 on: August 12, 2010, 01:46:09 AM »
>Presumably, these are some gatekeeper types.
>Shout "Just let us out already!"
>Don't look back, just keep an eye on the spirits, and keep trying to cut down the big ones.

« Reply #614 on: August 12, 2010, 01:51:50 AM »
>Presumably, these are some gatekeeper types.

>Seems like a reasonable assumption.

>Shout "Just let us out already!"

>"Let you out?" the voice calls out in response. You can hear footsteps continuing to run towards you. "What in the world are you even doing here?"
>"Hey, hold on!" Mokou calls after her.

>Don't look back, just keep an eye on the spirits, and keep trying to cut down the big ones.

>You decide not to avert your focus, and continue to engage the spirits. Several of your bullets pass through the large one, but if past experience is any indication, it can take a fair bit more of this.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #615 on: August 12, 2010, 01:56:59 AM »
>"We can explain when we get out, damn it!"
>Keep up the ladder to hell on the big spirit, try to let the rest of the shots deal with other spirits; be aggressive if they aren't pinning us down.

« Reply #616 on: August 12, 2010, 02:03:57 AM »
>"We can explain when we get out, damn it!"
>Keep up the ladder to hell on the big spirit, try to let the rest of the shots deal with other spirits; be aggressive if they aren't pinning us down.

>You continue to focus fire on the larger spirit and it wavers under your assault. Stray shots take out a few others, although they're starting to pile up now.
>"Hey, do you go letting strangers into your house?" the voice responds. "Especially when they were trying to blow up your door?"
>"Well, maybe if you'd opened it when we'd knocked nicely," Mokou snaps.
>You see a fiery orb fly by you and into a cluster of spirits, where it explodes into a burst of danmaku, scattering and dissolving spirits in its wake.
>"Guys!" the voice calls out again. "Guys, guys, simmer!"  You note a few of the spirits near you suddenly seem to hesitate in their movements a little.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #617 on: August 12, 2010, 02:28:31 AM »
>"And do you let people under attack by evil spirits just sit out in the middle of it?"
>Press that advantage, move in and focus more danmaku on the big ones.

« Reply #618 on: August 12, 2010, 02:34:19 AM »
>"And do you let people under attack by evil spirits just sit out in the middle of it?"
>Press that advantage, move in and focus more danmaku on the big ones.

>"I- It's... well, it's never happened before," she replies, sounding rather uncertain.
>"Guys!" she says more loudly. "I said stop it!" A couple more of the spirits seem to hesitate and move off a little, although most don't seem to respond.

>You fly towards the larger one, keeping up your fire on it, and it starts to dissipate. There's several more streams coming at you from both the left and right. Mokou launches another fiery orb into the crowd.

>"Auuughhh!" you hear the other voice grumble. "Just get inside!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #619 on: August 12, 2010, 02:41:33 AM »
>Retreat!
>If the door is open, fly right through that mammajamma.

« Reply #620 on: August 12, 2010, 02:49:32 AM »
>Retreat!
>If the door is open, fly right through that mammajamma.

>You turn around and beat a hasty retreat, with Mokou just ahead of you. The door is indeed still open, and you waste no time flying through it and behind the other still-closed door, narrowly evading more danmaku launched in your direction.
>Inside is a small and empty landing ending in a long staircase up. The walls and floor are both made out of plain gray stone, and the entire area is only dimly lit. You see no obvious decoration of any sort.
>You can hear the other woman still yelling something outside; at the spirits, you assume.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #621 on: August 12, 2010, 02:52:07 AM »
>Land. Look around for Rumia.

« Reply #622 on: August 12, 2010, 02:54:58 AM »
>Land. Look around for Rumia.

>You land. It seems Rumia was already taking shelter in the corner, here. She looks at you with a big confused frown on her face.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #623 on: August 12, 2010, 03:00:58 AM »
>Walk over and pat her on the shoulder. "It's okay now."
>Assess rescuers.

« Reply #624 on: August 12, 2010, 03:07:43 AM »
>Walk over and pat her on the shoulder. "It's okay now."

>Rumia looks up to you. "....are you sure?"
>Mokou just grunts, and leans up against the wall.

>Assess rescuers.

>You can still hear some sounds of fire out there, and you're beginning to wonder what became of her, when a red-haired woman in a green dress runs in through the door and quickly moves to close it. She seems to have cat ears, and a tail. Wait, two tails.
>With a grunt she pushes into the door and swings it back into place. You can hear fire pelting against it from outside. She leans back against the door, and slowly slides down it, sighing.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #625 on: August 12, 2010, 03:10:05 AM »
>Do we recognize this person?

« Reply #626 on: August 12, 2010, 03:11:30 AM »
>Do we recognize this person?

>You've never met her, but her description would match Orin. You know a little about her.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #627 on: August 12, 2010, 03:16:10 AM »
>"Thank you. Now I can explain. We came through the fissure left aboveground. I didn't expect things to be so hostile, and I thank you for letting us out of there. I apologize for the door, but we had few options, and honestly I was afraid it was forgotten, or there was no one left to tend to it."

« Reply #628 on: August 12, 2010, 03:19:06 AM »
>"Thank you. Now I can explain. We came through the fissure left aboveground. I didn't expect things to be so hostile, and I thank you for letting us out of there. I apologize for the door, but we had few options, and honestly I was afraid it was forgotten, or there was no one left to tend to it."

"Ok, ok, ok, wait a moment." She pauses. "What in the world were you thinking?!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #629 on: August 12, 2010, 03:31:56 AM »
>"That we needed to reach the city as soon as possible, and this is the only way down any of us know."