Author Topic: Keine Quest (Part 2): Broken History  (Read 71990 times)

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
Re: Keine Quest (Part 2): Broken History
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2010, 10:13:44 PM »
> Sit down and rest for a bit

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2010, 10:14:08 PM »
>Consider a good geographic location to serve as a navigation point.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »
>How well do we know the location of Eintei in our Gensokyo?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2010, 10:21:28 PM »
> Sit down and rest for a bit

>The chair you're in feels rather comfortable, after all the fighting and getting battered.

>How well do we know the location of Eintei in our Gensokyo?

>Reasonably so, and better than most. You could probably get there on foot, although it might involve a couple of attempts, and some backtracking.

>Consider a good geographic location to serve as a navigation point.

>You suppose that depends on how close the ward lets you get to Eientei itself. People can still evidently get fairly deep in the forest, so you might be able to get close enough to at least give you a general sense of direction, when underground.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2010, 10:32:54 PM »
>Consider where the Hell Raven apparently broke out from Underground, according to Sanae, and its relation to the bamboo forest; how much of a trip will it be to hit the forest then the crater.

« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »
>Consider where the Hell Raven apparently broke out from Underground, according to Sanae, and its relation to the bamboo forest; how much of a trip will it be to hit the forest then the crater.

>The crater is a fair distance to the west, and south a little. The bamboo forest is a fair distance east, and south a little. From one to the other would be covering more than half of the width of Gensokyo.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2010, 11:05:40 PM »
> Check what's Rumia is doing

> Is Patchouli finished yet?

« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2010, 11:12:41 PM »
> Check what's Rumia is doing.

>Rumia is sitting quietly on a chair next to you, and swinging her legs back and forth a little.

> Is Patchouli finished yet?

>While she didn't say exactly how long it would take, you have the definite impression that it might be on the order of hours. She doesn't even seen to have properly started, yet.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2010, 11:13:15 PM »
>Oh well. Guess it'll be a long trip after all.
>How deep does Mokou live in the forest? Perhaps two birds can be done in with stone.

« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2010, 11:19:41 PM »
>Oh well. Guess it'll be a long trip after all.

>You're certainly not having any trouble getting your recommended daily exercise these days.

>How deep does Mokou live in the forest? Perhaps two birds can be done in with stone.

>Moderately shallowly, near the northwestern extent of the forest.  Eientei is a fair bit further east. Although, if anyone could point you in the right direction...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2010, 11:21:42 PM »
>"I think I have my next move planned. I'll be off. With luck, by the next time I'm here, we'll both have many more answers."
>Exeunt! And start for Mokou's place.

« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2010, 11:31:42 PM »
>"I think I have my next move planned. I'll be off. With luck, by the next time I'm here, we'll both have many more answers."

>"Yes, hopefully it is so," Patchouli replies. "I will do what best I can, and I suspect that you will do likewise."

>Exeunt! And start for Mokou's place.

>You excuse yourself and exit the library. As you are walking out, you see Patchouli take the lattice and move to another table, surrounded by other tools which you have no hope of identifying.
>When you exit the mansion, you see Meiling still posed as though she expects some mysterious creature to trade blows with her at any minute. She kind looks like she's enjoying herself just the same, though.
>"No sign of them yet," she calls back at you as you approach. "But I won't let them trick me into letting my guard drop for even a moment!"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2010, 11:46:17 PM »
I just realized that the slivers kinda remind me of the whole subspace thing from SSBB's story mode.

> Bid Meiling farewell and head for the Bamboo Forest.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2010, 11:54:52 PM »
> Bid Meiling farewell and head for the Bamboo Forest.

>You wish Meiling well with her defense against nonexistent enemies. Well, hopefully nonexistent....
>The journey towards the forest is quite long, but rather uneventful. You head southeast around the edge of the lake. There seem to be more faeries flying around there than there were the previous night. Thankfully, Cirno does not accost you this time. You continue along the road towards the human village, then cut across to the south of it to shave off a little time. And, perhaps, so you don't have to look at it again right now... Eventually the forest comes into view in the distance. You note the landmarks around it, and spot the point of entry you remember so well.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2010, 11:58:12 PM »
> Is Rumia with you?

> Head to the entrance

> Prepare a spell card just in case, you never know when you'd need it

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2010, 11:58:42 PM »
>Use that point of entry, and hope for the best.
>Mentally steel self for immense disappointment.
>Also try to recall the best ways to get Mokou's attention, should you get lost.

« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2010, 12:17:51 AM »
> Is Rumia with you?

>Yes, she's still bobbing along besides you.

> Head to the entrance
> Prepare a spell card just in case, you never know when you'd need it
>Use that point of entry, and hope for the best.

>You head towards the entrance and slip into the forest, keeping you offenses at the ready. You've already been attacked out of the blue twice since you got here, after all. Hopefully there are no other unpleasant surprises inside here...
>There's a comforting closeness to this place. Actually, most people probably find it kind of scary considering how easy it is to get lost in here. Conventional navigation is useless; the bamboo is crowded, and there is little one could call trails. To make matters worse, since bamboo grows so quickly, the layout of the tree cover is prone to changing. There aren't any really obvious landmarks, either. But Mokou has taught you how to use a few rather subtle ones to find your way around. After living here as long as she has, you pick up a few tricks.
>After a little searching, you find what you're looking for, and know which way to continue. Everything looks normal so far. Hopefully the ward around Eientei doesn't cover the whole forest, though...

>Mentally steel self for immense disappointment.

>You almost don't want to accept the likely possibility that Mokou and you are not involved, here. When you step inside this place, it's almost easy to let yourself pretend that everything is normal. That you're just dropping in to spend the night with her. But you know the better of it, and try to prepare for a cold reception. You're worried you just might end up crying on her shoulder, either way....

>Also try to recall the best ways to get Mokou's attention, should you get lost.

>Well, hopefully being lost long enough on its own will get her attention. She always seemed to have a knack for finding lost people before they got into trouble. You were never quite sure how she managed it. Alternately, you could try making a disturbance with some danmaku.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2010, 12:46:44 AM »
>Making a disturbance may also alert Eintei to strangers in the forest, with no friendly or legitimate reason to be there. If we get lost, wait for Mokou, and be careful of Tewitraps.
>Continue along the route to Mokou's place, as far as we remember it. Keep Patchu's guidance thing around and see if it ever reacts oddly.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2010, 12:55:09 AM »
>If any of the markers we know are awry, stop and consider them.
>Also keep an eye out for Mokou-like footprints.

« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2010, 12:58:19 AM »
>Making a disturbance may also alert Eintei to strangers in the forest, with no friendly or legitimate reason to be there. If we get lost, wait for Mokou, and be careful of Tewitraps.

>Yes, it does seem possible that it could attract someone else's attention, too. Who knows how much of an eye Eientei keeps on the place, these days.

>Continue along the route to Mokou's place, as far as we remember it. Keep Patchu's guidance thing around and see if it ever reacts oddly.

>The seeking stone doesn't seem to be moving at all. Presumably it isn't set for a location at the moment.
>You continue towards Mokou's place, slowly tracing your way there using familiar landmarks. It's comforting, really. After a little while, you see her house come into view. It's a simple and rustic dwelling, but it feels nearly as much a home to you as your own. You've spent quite a few nights here, over the years. You take a deep breath and remind yourself that as much as it may look the same, it is not the same. And most likely, neither is she. This is almost cruel...

>If any of the markers we know are awry, stop and consider them.
>Also keep an eye out for Mokou-like footprints.

>Fortunately, everything on the way here looked more or less as you remember it. You didn't notice any obvious footprints, but the terrain's not great for them, and you were never much of a tracker in any event.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2010, 01:10:03 AM »
>What was the safest route to greet Mokou in the earlier days of people getting to know her? Attempt.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2010, 01:19:19 AM »
>Steel self. Be happy she actually seems to exist in this timeline.
>Go knock on the door.

« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2010, 01:22:01 AM »
>What was the safest route to greet Mokou in the earlier days of people getting to know her? Attempt.

>She was actually pretty harmless to well-intentioned people, even back then. Just taciturn and a little gruff. Although, now that you think of it... you were never out to her place until she'd already known you fairly well...

>Steel self. Be happy she actually seems to exist in this timeline.
>Go knock on the door.

>You're happy that she seems to be ok, at least. Or her house is ok, at any rate. But that's a good sign! You take a deep breath and walk towards the door.
>"Hey!" you hear her call out, some distance to your left. She sounds vaguely displeased.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2010, 01:24:40 AM »
>Look. Don't act hostile.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »
>Pause.
>Deep breath.
>Turn to face her.
>"...Hello, Mokou."
>Fuck it, she gets to know the truth if the likes of Sanae does.

« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2010, 01:32:45 AM »
>Look. Don't act hostile.
>Pause.
>Deep breath.
>Turn to face her.
>"...Hello, Mokou."

>You take a deep breath, and you turn towards the sound of her voice. She seems to be standing among the bamboo a little ways from her, but there's a little bit of a clearing between the two of you, so you can see her just fine. And oh, what a sight for sore eyes.... even though she does seem to be glaring at you, a little.

>Her eyes narrow a little as you say her name. "Ok, now I'm really getting an explanation out of you two."

>Fuck it, she gets to know the truth if the likes of Sanae does.

>You're almost not sure you could hold yourself back, even if you tried to. You think it might break something inside of you to have to pretend you'd never met her...

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2010, 01:41:59 AM »
>"It... it's a long story. I... my name is Keine. I'm... I... have some power over history. I'm a were-hakutaku. I... woke up a while ago remembering a different timeline than the one I'm in. One where Eintei opened up to the rest of the world, and both you and them are known to the rest of Gensokyo. One where... well, I was close to you. So I... apologize if I seem... emotional."
>Deep breath.
>"I know this is impossible to believe. I know you're worried about Kaguya and what she can do, and whether I'm involved with that after knowing so much. But please hear me out."
>"My power is... connected to the moon. If the differences from the timeline I remember and what I have heard of this world, then Eintei was responsible for sealing the moon several years ago. I am here to ask for your help in fixing that."
>... well, at least that's the practical excuse...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2010, 01:52:41 AM »
>Shit, it's tears time. That's way too much a mouthful to deliver to the likes of Mokou.

« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2010, 02:04:37 AM »
>... well, at least that's the practical excuse...

>And it helps that it's even true. Isn't that a great co-incidence?

>"It... it's a long story. I... my name is Keine. I'm... I... have some power over history. I'm a were-hakutaku. I... woke up a while ago remembering a different timeline than the one I'm in. One where Eintei opened up to the rest of the world, and both you and them are known to the rest of Gensokyo. One where... well, I was close to you. So I... apologize if I seem... emotional."
>Deep breath.
>"I know this is impossible to believe. I know you're worried about Kaguya and what she can do, and whether I'm involved with that after knowing so much. But please hear me out."
>"My power is... connected to the moon. If the differences from the timeline I remember and what I have heard of this world, then Eintei was responsible for sealing the moon several years ago. I am here to ask for your help in fixing that."

>You decide to cut right to the chase and pour your heart out to Mokou. You see her face go from suspicious, to confused, to downright incredulous.
>She waves her hands in front of her and cuts you off before you finish. "Woah, woah, hang on a minute." You pause, and she stares at you a bit. "Ok, what kind of crap was that?" Stab. "Do you go around pulling the long-lost-lover bit on all the strangers you meet, or is this some kind of stupid joke on Kaguya's part?" Stab. "Or are you just totally off your rocker?"
>"And who is she supposed to be, anyway?" She jabs a finger at Rumia.

>Shit, it's tears time. That's way too much a mouthful to deliver to the likes of Mokou.

>Yeah, it looks like it's headed that way. You try to hold them in. You probably should have known better, but you just couldn't help yourself. Oh God...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 02:07:01 AM by DracoOmega »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2010, 02:11:05 AM »
>Yeah, it's break down time. The kinda where you gotta fall to your knees because the legs go in sympathy strike kind.