Author Topic: Keine Quest (Part 2): Broken History  (Read 72032 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Keine Quest (Part 2): Broken History
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2010, 05:01:31 PM »
>"Don't give me that!"
>"Rumia, let's get out of here, now."
>Get out of there. Once a comfortable distance from the hole, have a sit down.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2010, 05:08:14 PM »
> Shudder a bit.
> "You okay Rumia?"
> Have a little rest and then head back to the SDM.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2010, 05:14:16 PM »
>"Don't give me that!"
>"Rumia, let's get out of here, now."
>Get out of there. Once a comfortable distance from the hole, have a sit down.
> Shudder a bit.
> "You okay Rumia?"
> Have a little rest and then head back to the SDM.

>You vent your frustration at the entire experience, and decide that being somewhere not-here is infinitely preferable to remaining a moment longer. You fly a safe distance away, Rumua in tow, and then decide to fly even further for good measure. Your side is really throbbing, and you can feel any number of smaller aches all over your body. Eventually, you find comfortable enough spot by a tree, land, and lie back against it.

>"Rumia's fine," she replies, a little less exuberant than usual.  "Kinda scared, but ok. You don't look so fine, though..." She frowns at you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2010, 05:41:20 PM »
>Check side.

« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2010, 05:52:26 PM »
>Check side.

>You examine your injury. The part of your side where you collided with the forward-focused stream as you were falling asleep looks pretty battered and somewhat singed. It throbs constantly, hurts a little when you move, and really hurts when you touch, as you quickly discover. Rumia jumps a little as you cry out. You don't think it's too serious, though, just the same. You'll have to favor it for a while, but as a youkai, you heal quickly. You're lucky that it didn't collide with you more directly, though...
>Rumia frowns even deeper when she looks at it. "Rumia's sorry she couldn't stop the mean shadow thingy from hurting you..." She looks really sad, actually.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2010, 06:13:05 PM »
>"Ah, but you did, Rumia. I am not sure what it looked like from the outside, but it was forcing me to fall asleep. Your attacks broke its concentration, I think."
>Get back to our feet if we feel decently rested.
>"Let's go find Patchouli, so we can figure out what  that was."

>_

« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »
>"Ah, but you did, Rumia. I am not sure what it looked like from the outside, but it was forcing me to fall asleep. Your attacks broke its concentration, I think."

>She brightens up a little. "Really?"

>Get back to our feet if we feel decently rested.
>"Let's go find Patchouli, so we can figure out what  that was."

>After a small rest, you decide that you're probably decent enough to keep moving. At least given what else is at stake.
>"Ok. And if it shows up again, Rumia'll make it go 'spwoosh' before it can hurt you again!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2010, 06:28:14 PM »
>"You helped me out a lot, Rumia. I'm just glad you weren't hurt yourself."
>Make way back to SDM.

« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2010, 06:33:04 PM »
>"You helped me out a lot, Rumia. I'm just glad you weren't hurt yourself."

>She nods and smiles. "Rumia is ok!"

>Make way back to SDM.

>You head back towards the mansion. Meiling glances up at you idly as you arrive, and then gives you a strange look. "What happened to you in that length of time?" Then, before you can answer she springs up and eagerly scans the horizon. "Are there invaders? Are we being attacked?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2010, 06:44:35 PM »
>"We had a bad run in with some sort of gap monster. It's been handled, but there may be more."
>Enter, if she allows it.

« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »
>"We had a bad run in with some sort of gap monster. It's been handled, but there may be more."

>"Gap monster?" Then her eyes light up. "More?" She slams her fists together, and you can see an aura flare around her for a moment. "Don't worry, nothing and no one is getting past me! You go let the others know." She opens the gate for you.

>Enter, if she allows it.

>You walk past the gate and towards that mansion. As you enter, you spare a glance behind you. Meiling seems to have adopted a martial stance, and her head darts back and forth across the part of the sky you came from.
>You are inside the main foyer of the mansion.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2010, 07:08:14 PM »
>Back to the Lyceum, lest Sakuya catches up loitering about.

« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »
>Back to the Lyceum, lest Sakuya catches up loitering about.

>You make your way back to the library. Patchouli has, predictably, not moved an inch since you left her.
>"Did you obtain a sample, then?" she asks, without looking up.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2010, 07:15:15 PM »
>"And some wounds."
>Give her the lattice.

« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2010, 07:18:33 PM »
>"And some wounds."
>Give her the lattice.

>"And some what?" She looks up from her book, and her expression quickly becomes more grave as she looks at you.
>You hand her the lattice and she sets it down on the table for a moment.  "What happened?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2010, 07:25:47 PM »
>"There were little slivers of energy about in the crater left behind. I placed the lattice in one to take a sample, a shadowy hand reached out to grab me. Then more of them. Then a winged...thing came out of another sliver. Violence ensued."
>Consider: How much did it remind us of the youkai we saw back in proper Gensokyo, appearancewise?
>It is is significant, add "It looked much like the youkai I met last night, before awakening in this world."
>"As well, it tried to put me to sleep in a manner like that youkai. Rumia, thankfully, was able to interfere with that."

« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »
>"There were little slivers of energy about in the crater left behind. I placed the lattice in one to take a sample, a shadowy hand reached out to grab me. Then more of them. Then a winged...thing came out of another sliver. Violence ensued."

>"Something reached out from... traces of visible energy left there?" She picks up the lattice and looks at it closely.

>Consider: How much did it remind us of the youkai we saw back in proper Gensokyo, appearancewise?
>It is is significant, add "It looked much like the youkai I met last night, before awakening in this world."
>"As well, it tried to put me to sleep in a manner like that youkai. Rumia, thankfully, was able to interfere with that."

>You really didn't get a good look at the original youkai, outside of a few glimpses at the wings and general body size. The shadow seemed roughly comparable in terms of form, but you couldn't be certain of its resemblance. Certainly, it had no definition to it. It does seem possible, though.

>You decide it was close enough to at least mention the resemblance. Rumia beams a little at your mention of her. "Yup!" she adds.
>"Similar, but not identical?" Patcholi inquires, once you've finished. "And it used similar sleep powers? Could this be an entire undiscovered sub-type of youkai? Where is it now?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »
> "It seemed to fade away after we did enough damage to it.  If it weren't for Rumia, something horrible probably would've happened to me.  It also seemed to give off simple emotions and words."
> "Do you think that the energy that caused the slivers might actually teleport the area within the explosion instead of decimating it?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2010, 08:24:53 PM »
>"It seemed to have a kind of basic personal awareness, but I don't know how much awareness it had of the world around it. It didn't feel coherent, at least. I tried to call the fight off a couple times. But I was also rather angry at the time."

« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2010, 08:41:33 PM »
> "It seemed to fade away after we did enough damage to it.  If it weren't for Rumia, something horrible probably would've happened to me.  It also seemed to give off simple emotions and words."
>"It seemed to have a kind of basic personal awareness, but I don't know how much awareness it had of the world around it. It didn't feel coherent, at least. I tried to call the fight off a couple times. But I was also rather angry at the time."

>"That's... interesting. Perhaps if it was somehow manifesting through this energy, the manifestation was incomplete, somehow? You said the energy was fractured and fragmented by this point. Or perhaps it was a projection of something else? As for how it could communicate with you in that fashion... I do know not. I will take some time to research possibilities."

> "Do you think that the energy that caused the slivers might actually teleport the area within the explosion instead of decimating it?"

>"Well, hopefully this-" she gestures to the lattice, "will help me ascertain the likelihood of that scenario."
>She holds the lattice tightly and gestures over it with her other hand. It glows brightly in response. She looks rather surprised.
>"There is a great deal of energy still in this. I have a hard time believing that this much could be left after the initial burst has subsided. If that is so, the magnitude of the event must have been massive, indeed."
>She continues to scrutinize the lattice.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2010, 08:59:25 PM »
>"It may suggest there is a lot through those slivers. Something I found was that I could put the lattice into it, and it did not come out the other side. I didn't have time to really experiment, but they may well have been windows to elsewhere.

« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2010, 09:06:02 PM »
>"It may suggest there is a lot through those slivers. Something I found was that I could put the lattice into it, and it did not come out the other side. I didn't have time to really experiment, but they may well have been windows to elsewhere.

>That could certainly explain that being. Of course, if that is so, the question is 'to where'?. Well, along with a great many other questions, such as 'how?' and 'why?'
>She puts the lattice back on the table and places both hands in the air above it, chanting some other incantation. The lattice glows again, and several small magic circles trace themselves into the air around it. Patchouli closes her eyes.
>After a few more moments, she stops. "This may take some time. The form of the magic is alien to me, and I cannot give you any quick answers. At best, I can say that it does not seem to correspond to conventionally destructive magics of any type I am familiar with. There is, at least, more than enough of it here to conduct most any experiment I would be able to devise."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2010, 09:16:10 PM »
>Nod.
>"In the meantime, then, I think I am going to investigate into the plan I proposed for getting into Eientei. It seems it won't be possible tonight, but it needs to be done soon."

« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2010, 09:23:29 PM »
>Nod.
>"In the meantime, then, I think I am going to investigate into the plan I proposed for getting into Eientei. It seems it won't be possible tonight, but it needs to be done soon."

>"Very well. Note that I am open to the idea of assisting you, if there's some other part of your scheme that you think my talents would be suited for. I cannot carve through meters and meters of rock, but I may be able to help in other ways. If something occurs to you, let me know."
>"On that note, though, why would it not be possible tonight? I mean, any more than it might be impossible on any other night?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »
>"Time, mostly. I would need to set up a guide, which would be difficult, and arrange for everything. Then there is trying to convince the mistress of the house to assist. Then actually getting there. Then finding Mokou, if plausible...That barrier really has slowed things down."

« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2010, 09:36:10 PM »
>"Time, mostly. I would need to set up a guide, which would be difficult, and arrange for everything. Then there is trying to convince the mistress of the house to assist. Then actually getting there. Then finding Mokou, if plausible...That barrier really has slowed things down."

>"Yes, I suppose that might be a fair number of things to get done in an evening. Well, the night is young, at any rate. Oh, and do remember to take the seeking stone with you when you leave, this time."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2010, 09:40:52 PM »
>Take the seeking stone.
>What was the Seeking stone =[

« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2010, 09:46:47 PM »
>Take the seeking stone.
>What was the Seeking stone =[

>You take the seeking stone from the desk
>Patchouli described i.ts as something like a magical compass. You can activate it to mark a particular location, and the crystal suspended in it will continue to aim towards this point. She suggested this might be used to track Eientei from underground, if you could mark a proximal spot above ground.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2010, 09:55:38 PM »
>Do we feel we know the location of Eientei well enough to do this, or would it require us to mark a spot where we are at, physically?

« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2010, 10:04:04 PM »
>Do we feel we know the location of Eientei well enough to do this, or would it require us to mark a spot where we are at, physically?

>You need to be physically present, at least to the best of your knowledge from how Patchouli described it