Author Topic: Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 45528 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2010, 02:30:58 PM »
>"She flew off to try being of help with getting access to that painting. I... kinda forgot to give her your number before she left. I tried calling you then, but there was no answer."

>"I was hiding from security," says Keine. "Give me her number, I'll see what we can coordinate."

>_

« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2010, 02:31:47 PM »
>Give Keine Orin's cell phone number

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2010, 02:41:27 PM »
>Give Keine Orin's cell phone number

>You give her the phone number. "I'll contact her shortly," says Keine. "In the meantime, how do you want to meet up?"

>_

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2010, 02:43:54 PM »
>"What do you think would be best? I could probably bring Satori your way, if needed. Although the painting is a smaller thing to transport."
>About how long has it been since the fight with Kanako and Suwako, now?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2010, 02:48:30 PM »
>"What do you think would be best? I could probably bring Satori your way, if needed. Although the painting is a smaller thing to transport."
>About how long has it been since the fight with Kanako and Suwako, now?

>"It would be best to have someplace private," says Keine, "So we'll try to bring it to you. If you have something else to do, now may be the time. And, if you want Parsee to be assured to keep her memories, I'll need her with me when we begin."

>_

« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2010, 02:50:36 PM »
>"Ok, how about we all meet up at Reimu's then? That's pretty private, and that's where Parsee is, now. Do you know where her shrine is?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2010, 02:53:29 PM »
>"Ok, how about we all meet up at Reimu's then? That's pretty private, and that's where Parsee is, now. Do you know where her shrine is?"

>"I think so," says Keine. "That should do."

>_

« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2010, 02:56:22 PM »
>"Ok, good enough. Call me if you get lost trying to find the place, and I'll see you shortly, I hope."
>Hang up

>"So, are you ok with a little trip across town, now?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2010, 03:08:47 PM »
>"Ok, good enough. Call me if you get lost trying to find the place, and I'll see you shortly, I hope."
>Hang up

>"So, are you ok with a little trip across town, now?"

>"I don't think the buses are running," says Satori, frowning.

>_

« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2010, 03:09:44 PM »
>"They're not."
>Smile at her
>"How would you like to go flying?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2010, 03:15:48 PM »
>"They're not."
>Smile at her
>"How would you like to go flying?"

>"...Is that safe?" She eyes your wings warily.

>_

« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2010, 03:18:54 PM »
>We are fairly confident in our ability to carry her safely, right?
>Assuming so: "Don't worry. The wings aren't just for show."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2010, 03:26:35 PM »
>We are fairly confident in our ability to carry her safely, right?
>Assuming so: "Don't worry. The wings aren't just for show."

>You think so. It'll take awhile, though.
>"Well, if you say so," Satori replies. "Where are we going?"

>_

« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2010, 03:28:54 PM »
>"To the shrine in the forest. There are people there waiting for me, and some others should be meeting up with us there, soon, including Orin."
>Go outside, than take her carefully in our arms, and take off for the shrine

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2010, 03:53:58 PM »
>"To the shrine in the forest. There are people there waiting for me, and some others should be meeting up with us there, soon, including Orin."
>Go outside, than take her carefully in our arms, and take off for the shrine

>"Well, I suppose that sounds interesting," she says.
>You take her outside, and gather her up into your arms. She's heavy enough, worse than Kanako was, but you're able to get into the air easily enough. As you climb, Satori cringes against you and clenches her eyes shut. Once you level off, she eventually opens her eyes, and starts to stare toward the sky. "Utsuho, dear," she says, "Maybe you should talk to help settle my nerves a bit? For instance...maybe you could tell me about this new girlfriend of yours?"

>_

« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2010, 04:01:02 PM »
>"Ok, sure. Her name's Parsee, and she's an architecture student at the university. Orin introduced us. They were classmates at one point, apparently. She can be a bit brusk on the outside, but I think she's kinda sweet on the inside. More than she likes to let on. She's been really helpful, and there for me since all this craziness started happening a few day ago. I owe her a lot."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2010, 04:11:33 PM »
>"Ok, sure. Her name's Parsee, and she's an architecture student at the university. Orin introduced us. They were classmates at one point, apparently. She can be a bit brusk on the outside, but I think she's kinda sweet on the inside. More than she likes to let on. She's been really helpful, and there for me since all this craziness started happening a few day ago. I owe her a lot."

>"Oh, there's good money in architecture," she says. "You'll do well with her! Do go on."

>_

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2010, 04:22:58 PM »
>"Well, she has interesting fashion sense, really striking green eyes. She's passionate about government transparency, and something of an idealist in her way. We've been through so much together these past couple days, and she's never tried to back out of any of it. I don't know that I would have been able to do it without her. It's funny how quickly you can grow close to someone when you go through this kind of stuff together."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2010, 04:44:38 PM »
>"Well, she has interesting fashion sense, really striking green eyes. She's passionate about government transparency, and something of an idealist in her way. We've been through so much together these past couple days, and she's never tried to back out of any of it. I don't know that I would have been able to do it without her. It's funny how quickly you can grow close to someone when you go through this kind of stuff together."

>She nods. "So you've been staying with her, right? What's her place like?"
>Much of the trip goes like this, as Satori prods and cajoles little bits of information here and there from you. You manage not to let anything particularly personal slip, but you suspect she's put little bits of it together.
>You're able to keep fairly high up this time, which leaves you feeling reasonably secure in being unobserved. The going is slow, you have to glide and rest a lot more with Satori in tow. You quickly learn to warn her ahead of time when you're about to bank or dive a little to pick up more speed. Just about every unexpected move makes her cry out; you start to count your blessings that she doesn't get airsick.
>As you fly over Uptown, you find that the police as still there, but not son concentrated as before. As you continue on toward the outskirts, you see they are focusing a lot of effort there; there are numerous barricades set up at the moment.
>Soon enough, you reach the shrine, doing your best to land gently enough not to rattle Satori any worse than she already is. Landing outside the torii, she is all too happy to be on the ground again. And you need to sit down.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2010, 04:47:02 PM »
> "I hope nothing happened while I was out."
> Rest a bit, then knock on the door.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2010, 04:53:50 PM »
> "I hope nothing happened while I was out."
> Rest a bit, then knock on the door.

>You take a few moments to get your breath back and let some of the aching go away. Then you approach the door and knock. It opens after a moment, and Ace sticks her head out. "Hoi, chombatta," she says. Then she gives you an appraising look. "Rough night?"

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2010, 04:54:38 PM »
> "You could say that."
> Walk in with Satori.
> "Anything happen while I was out?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2010, 05:01:21 PM »
> "You could say that."
> Walk in with Satori.
> "Anything happen while I was out?"

>She nods.
>You walk inside, Ace putting her fingers to her lips as you do. You can see the lights have been turned out, and Parsee is curled up in a blanket at the corner, sleeping soundly.
>"Diggin' through that data," says Ace. "Know how that stuff we found was called Safe? Yeah, that place has stuff that's only kinda safe, and not even a little bit safe. Who's this?"

>_

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2010, 05:06:47 PM »
>"Her name's Satori. In the current Gensokyo, she's my mother. In the original Gensokyo, she's my mistress and I'm her pet, but don't take it the wrong way, she treats me and her other pets like her family. I'm planning to restore her memories as well, she's a person I sincerely believe we can trust."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 05:26:03 PM by Thaws »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2010, 05:07:39 PM »
> "She was the one who took me and Orin in when we were little."

« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2010, 05:09:47 PM »
>"Satori. You can think of her as my mother. And yes, there's a reason I brought her here. A lot's happened since I set out, and we may be putting an end to all this, soon."
>"Satori, this is Ace. She's another of the people that's been helping out with all this."

>"What do you mean, 'not a little bit safe'? Any examples?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2010, 06:08:23 PM »
>"Her name's Satori. In the current Gensokyo, she's my mother. In the original Gensokyo, she's my mistress and I'm her pet, but don't take it the wrong way, she treats me and her other pets like her family. I'm planning to restore her memories as well, she's a person I sincerely believe we can trust."
> "She was the one who took me and Orin in when we were little."
>"Satori. You can think of her as my mother. And yes, there's a reason I brought her here. A lot's happened since I set out, and we may be putting an end to all this, soon."
>"Satori, this is Ace. She's another of the people that's been helping out with all this."

>"What do you mean, 'not a little bit safe'? Any examples?"

>"Oh," says Ace. "Uh, hoi."
>"And hello to you, too, miss Ace." says Satori as she makes her way inside.
>"Stuff that, if they slip up containing it even a little bit, would probably get a lot of people killed," says Ace. "Plagues  and creatures we don't understand. Things like that. I kinda see why that researcher was so scared of 'em. They don't want this out at all."

>_

« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2010, 06:18:13 PM »
>"Well, security is one thing. But that doesn't mean you kill your own employees for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or for just KNOWING the wrong person."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »
>"Well, security is one thing. But that doesn't mean you kill your own employees for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or for just KNOWING the wrong person."

>"Maybe," says Ace. "They really emphasize not letting this stuff out, though. So, what now?"

>_

« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2010, 06:39:56 PM »
>"Now, we wait for my sister, and someone else important I met to get back here. And then I'm going to fix all this."

>Wait a little while. If we don't hear anything after a bit, call Keine.