Author Topic: Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 45872 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2010, 06:41:21 PM »
> "Well for now we should probably stay put, although we'll probably have to move sometime to avoid the police.  Right now I'm trying to get a friend to awaken a couple more people."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2010, 06:52:13 PM »
>"Now, we wait for my sister, and someone else important I met to get back here. And then I'm going to fix all this."

>Wait a little while. If we don't hear anything after a bit, call Keine.

> "Well for now we should probably stay put, although we'll probably have to move sometime to avoid the police.  Right now I'm trying to get a friend to awaken a couple more people."

>"Right then," says Ace. "Back to digging."
>The next few minutes pass quietly. Ace continues sorting through the data; periodically making facial expressions that do not fill you with confidence. Satori putters around the shrine quietly, poking here and there. At one point, she offers a prayer at the shrine. She also spends a minut eor so contemplating Parsee, which makes you more nervous than you'd like to admit. YOu see some motion off to the sides, and notice Reimu looking up from her futon, scowling a bit, then going back to sleep.
>There is a knock on the door shortly after Reimu settles back to sleep.

>_

« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »
>Go and cautiously open the door

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »
>Go and cautiously open the door

>You carefully open the door.
>"Tada!" Orin says, standing on the front steps and brandishing a framed painting. "Art thief extraordinaire!"
>"Excuse me, Orin," says Satori, as she walks over to your side. "What did I just hear you say?"
>"Erk..."

>_

« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »
>"Great job, Orin! And yes, there's a good explanation for this, too, Satori. We haven't both just decided to become career criminals in our spare time."
>"Where's Keine, anyway?"

>Take the painting and hand it to Satori
>"Here, hold this for a moment, would you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2010, 07:36:43 PM »
>"Great job, Orin! And yes, there's a good explanation for this, too, Satori. We haven't both just decided to become career criminals in our spare time."
>"Where's Keine, anyway?"

>Take the painting and hand it to Satori
>"Here, hold this for a moment, would you?"

>"She just fell a little bit behind," says Orin. "Don't worry, I'm just faster."
>Satori steps outside as you take the painting in hand. "Let's let those young ladies sleep, shall we?" she says.
>The painting is more or less as you remember it, a scene of a cavern, filled with various crystal formations. You don't think it's any natural place. You didn't see any hint of an eye to it originally, but looking at ti now, you can kinda see how the cave walls are striated to make one.
>"Well, alright," says Satori, as she accepts the painting. You see her tense up as she takes it in hand, then stares at it. The painting itself begins to move in her grasp, then twist and distort! As you watch, it melts, the resulting goo flowing around Satori's arm and around her body. Then it coalesces into her Third Eye.
>She groans, putting a hand to her head.

>_

« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2010, 07:41:37 PM »
>"Are you ok? How do you feel?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2010, 07:53:40 PM »
>"Are you ok? How do you feel?"

>"At once enlightened and very confused," says Satori. "But, a lot you told me makes a lot more sense, at least."

>_

« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2010, 07:55:22 PM »
>"Do you remember anything?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »
>"Do you remember anything?"

>"If you're asking about the Palace of the Earth Spirits, then yes. I remember it."

>_

« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2010, 08:02:06 PM »
>"Oh, I guess Keine already did her thing, then?"
>"Anyway, you know what I want to ask you. If you need to take some time to figure out your own thoughts, please do."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
>Don't need to say this, Keine didn't do anything. It was just the painting.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2010, 08:07:00 PM »
>"Anyway, you know what I want to ask you. If you need to take some time to figure out your own thoughts, please do."

>Don't need to say this, Keine didn't do anything. It was just the painting.

>She walks toward the tree in the middle of the shrine grounds. "So, Koishi did all this for me? Silly girl..."

>_

« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »
>"Suwako and Kanako also felt that this world was freeing you from old suffering. I wanted to make sure... You know that I wouldn't want to hurt you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2010, 08:14:19 PM »
>"Suwako and Kanako also felt that this world was freeing you from old suffering. I wanted to make sure... You know that I wouldn't want to hurt you."

>"I don't know how I feel," she says, still looking toward the tree. "It was...nice to be normal. If Koishi said anything to me about it, I don't know if I would have refused, to be honest."

>_

« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2010, 08:16:03 PM »
>"Does... does that mean that you'd rather live this life?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2010, 08:21:35 PM »
>"Does... does that mean that you'd rather live this life?"

>"For awhile, at least," she says. "But, I don't think it's right to do it to everyone just for me. It was nice not to be feared, to have neighbors to gossip with, and walk freely. But, a lot was taken away too, don't you think?"

>_

« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2010, 08:26:09 PM »
>"Yeah. There's good and bad things about both of these lives. It would have been easier to fight Kanako and Suwako if I could be convinced that they were entirely wrong. I disagree with them acting without anyone's consent, but... this world isn't a horrible place, either, and I'm sure they honestly meant what they said."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2010, 08:27:48 PM »
>"Yeah. There's good and bad things about both of these lives. It would have been easier to fight Kanako and Suwako if I could be convinced that they were entirely wrong. I disagree with them acting without anyone's consent, but... this world isn't a horrible place, either, and I'm sure they honestly meant what they said."

>She nods. "Do what's necessary, Okuu."

>_

« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2010, 08:30:38 PM »
>"So, you're ok with going back? You wouldn't rather things stay like this?"
>"If there was a way to bring the world back, and leave you a normal person, too.... would you want that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2010, 08:33:46 PM »
>"So, you're ok with going back? You wouldn't rather things stay like this?"
>"If there was a way to bring the world back, and leave you a normal person, too.... would you want that?"

>"I'll be fine," says Satori. "And...I am a normal youkai, aren't I? But I know what you mean. I...don't know. If I weren't myself, would you and Orin have ever come about? I don't think it is so bad."

>_

« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2010, 08:35:45 PM »
>"Well, if you're prepared to accept it. I just want to be able to do this without so much doubt that I'm doing the right thing, you know?"

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2010, 08:40:35 PM »
> Commence Endgame

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2010, 08:42:19 PM »
>"Well, if you're prepared to accept it. I just want to be able to do this without so much doubt that I'm doing the right thing, you know?"

>She nods. "I trust you to do the right thing."

>_

« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »
>"I'll do the best I can. That's all I've been trying to since this started."
>Wait for Keine

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2010, 08:53:18 PM »
>"I'll do the best I can. That's all I've been trying to since this started."
>Wait for Keine

>Satori nods, and takes to looking around the shrine yard.
>It doesn't take much longer for Keine to arrive. She is a little out of breath as she touches down in the yard. "You sister...is very fast," she says between breaths.

>_

« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2010, 08:54:23 PM »
>"Well, she got the job done, anyway. How'd Patchy take it, by the way?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »
>"Well, she got the job done, anyway. How'd Patchy take it, by the way?"

>"I didn't think she had the lung capacity to curse that much," says Keine, as she gets her breath back. "I don't think Kanako will have won any friends among the Scarlet Devil Mansion."
>She glances toward Satori. "It went well?"

>_

« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2010, 09:03:14 PM »
>"You know, I have to admit that it's strangely comforting to have at least SOMEONE not have a moral dilemma over this."
>"And yes, I think you could say so."
>"So, what do you need to do, before you start?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2010, 09:06:11 PM »
>"You know, I have to admit that it's strangely comforting to have at least SOMEONE not have a moral dilemma over this."
>"And yes, I think you could say so."
>"So, what do you need to do, before you start?"

>"Good."
>"In theory," says Keine, "I can do this right now. But, you want to be sure you and Parsee remember everything, correct? If that is so, bring her here."

>_