Author Topic: So... Touhou Project eh?  (Read 9138 times)

So... Touhou Project eh?
« on: July 16, 2010, 11:40:04 AM »
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png
Bottom middle

I really have to stop looking at that stupid map, I don't even like EVE...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:31:20 AM by ERPPC »

Re: So... Touhou Project eh?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:43:45 AM »
Is Touhou new there because it should have devoured the whole galaxy by now?

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 07:38:50 PM »
I can't fi -- oh, there it is!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 08:05:44 PM »
Gah, why is it so small?  D:

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 08:11:31 PM »
Gah, why is it so small?  D:

It'll grow. It always grows.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 09:14:16 PM »
So, one of the 3 biggest factions is...

Legion of xXDEATHXx

...people are stupid. But we already knew that.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 09:24:22 PM »
IT WILL GROW AND CONSUME ALL

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 10:37:40 PM »
This is the best thing I have ever seen. ALMOST makes me want to start up a trial account on EVE.

Almost.

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »
It has a monthly fee doesn't it?

Zerro

• ERRORS,
  • ERRORS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 11:20:07 PM »
ALMOST makes me want to start up a trial account on EVE.

Almost.

This.
Life's a shmup, play on lunatic.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 01:59:39 AM »
We will conquer the internet. Let's buy the game, it is our duty as Touhou fans.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 02:13:19 AM »
We will conquer the internet. Let's buy the game, it is our duty as Touhou fans.

If like 1% of the Touhou fanbase did this, I think the rest of the galaxy would get dominated before they even knew wtf just happened >=P

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 04:32:15 AM »
If like 1% of the Touhou fanbase did this, I think the rest of the galaxy would get dominated before they even knew wtf just happened >=P

Then someone would forget to pay the alliance bill  :V

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 07:33:28 AM »
Then someone would forget to pay the alliance bill  :V

Thank you, I should not have laughed so hard. And yeah, it does have a monthly fee and (my opinion) it's not a terribly interesting game. /Really/ in-depth, but I've heard it's quite good later on in.

Vicks

• Hurr Durr
  • WRYYYY
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 07:56:28 AM »
I heard one user built a gigantic something class ship, the largest and only one to date, and it got blown up overnight by enemy factions due to him afking.

:V
I am a thinker. I cast light on various concepts. I can unveil the world's dark secrets if I so please. And yet, there is a single enigma that even I cannot clarify.  - Renko Usami

I am a dreamer. I wander through countless dreams. If I will, I can even walk the roads of the land of illusion. And yet, there is a single vision that even I cannot grasp. - Maribel Han

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 08:26:33 AM »
Just have Ammy go hit the servers with a wrench. He lives like five minutes from the place.

Mind you, it'd cripple Iceland's Economy overnight. Again.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 08:27:31 AM »
I heard one user built a gigantic something class ship, the largest and only one to date, and it got blown up overnight by enemy factions due to him afking.

:V
So wait, it took an entire faction a night to destroy a ship? o.0;

Wow.

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 08:46:14 AM »
Now that I am aware of what this game is I'm taunted to play it, but a burn gfx card and aversion to monthly fees is going to keep me at bay.

Sorry Touhou Project <Eve>
You will have to zerg the galaxy without me.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 01:52:25 PM »
Don't worry. Avoiding Eve is a good thing. Even if avoiding it means Ammy has to eat out of a trashcan.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 04:14:55 PM »
I don't get it.  Is that supposed to be a map of some place or what?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 06:01:35 PM »
I don't get it.  Is that supposed to be a map of some place or what?

EVE Online. A game where you're in space buying ships and raiding people like 1% of the time, and the other 99% of the time flying slowly through empty voids for hours, and looking at spreadsheets.

Looking at that map I wonder why on earth they started a faction right there. It's a terrible place, begging to get attacked and usurped. Don't get your hopes up about them taking over the galaxy. You underestimate EVE fans. These dudes make WoW fanatics look like casual Mario Kart enthusiasts. They live to crunch numbers and crush newbs.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »
You underestimate EVE fans. These dudes make WoW fanatics look like casual Mario Kart enthusiasts. They live to crunch numbers and crush newbs.

This.

Wasn't there a group (I'm wanting to say that it was either 4chan or Something Awful affiliated...) that was downright massive, but got destroyed overnight (leading to the leader getting a call at ungodly hours) due to a single person pulling a double-agent?

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 09:29:29 PM »
I think it was Something Awful that did the destroying.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »
Wow, you mean that the community actually supports theorycrafting of their own instead of just parroting what the current top guild says and making fun of everyone who does otherwise completely oblivious to the fact that what's best for high end bleeding edge guilds might not apply for those that aren't in the same boat? Not to mention show that they absolutely don't understand how or why the thoerycrafting works as it does.

Honestly Eve really sounds interesting to me but I'm too scared to try it, I don't want to become addicted lol. The sound of managing economy 99% of the time sounds awesome, I'd take 100% if I could. Another reason why I haven't though is the w hole you lose absolutely everything when you die business though.. I can tolerate that with an action game or something, but when you invest months...yeah. Sometimes realistic should not apply to recreation IMO

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 12:55:18 AM »
I think it was Something Awful that did the destroying.
No, they got taken down themselves, likely in the situation that Pikbak was taking about. I don't see the old SA group on that map at all.

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 05:44:53 AM »
Another reason why I haven't though is the w hole you lose absolutely everything when you die business though.. I can tolerate that with an action game or something, but when you invest months...yeah. Sometimes realistic should not apply to recreation IMO
Insurance, clones, and backup ships go a long way.  Especially if you were stupid enough to go AFK in 0.0 sec like me.

I wonder how much Touhou can grow in EVE by the time I start playing again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 02:06:46 PM »
You underestimate EVE fans. These dudes make WoW fanatics look like casual Mario Kart enthusiasts. They live to crunch numbers and crush newbs.

This. So hard.

EVE is WoW+ in obsession terms, and in investment of real world currency from the player base.

Tengukami

So... Touhou project, eh?
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 02:20:32 PM »
Wrt Something Awful and EVE:

The short version is, SA had a chunk of space, a higher-up of a rival faction that had an even bigger chunk of space gave the SA guys all kinds of access to the latter's management accounts, pretty much for the lulz, and SA summarily took it over, shutting out all the other top guys in that faction, and triggering a free-for-all territory grab. The old faction cried hax, but there was no hax, so admins said 'deal with it'. Then SA got bored with EVE and left.

I mighta skipped some details there, but that should give you an idea what kinda world it can be. It's Somalia in space, with more dedicated pirates and higher finance.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: So... Touhou project, eh?
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2010, 02:23:59 PM »
Wrt Something Awful and EVE:

The short version is, SA had a chunk of space, a higher-up of a rival faction that had an even bigger chunk of space gave the SA guys all kinds of access to the latter's management accounts, pretty much for the lulz, and SA summarily took it over, shutting out all the other top guys in that faction, and triggering a free-for-all territory grab. The old faction cried hax, but there was no hax, so admins said 'deal with it'. Then SA got bored with EVE and left.

I mighta skipped some details there, but that should give you an idea what kinda world it can be. It's Somalia in space, with more dedicated pirates and higher finance.

I remember back when there used to be Goonfleet ads all over the the place.

Which created a lot of Goonfleet backlash, as SA always does when something gets popular.

Tengukami

So... Touhou project, eh?
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2010, 02:47:05 PM »
I just read about it on Metafilter. EVE seems more fun to read about than play. I'm crap at basic math, let alone dealing with data spreadsheets.