Author Topic: Otakon 2010 - July 30-August 1, Baltimore MD.  (Read 124417 times)

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
Re: Otakon 2010 - July 30-August 1, Baltimore MD.
« Reply #630 on: August 03, 2010, 09:58:34 PM »
My costume's hang-drying right now, had to clean the Sangria out of the dress. XD

No you must stay fruity my friend.  spill another glass on it Momiji.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #631 on: August 03, 2010, 10:10:23 PM »
What, you [i[don't[/i] want to smell like fruity chick drinks for next year there Santa?  :V
It doesn't even smell like anything.  =<

Mima-sama

• What are you doing in that shrine you are not a god
  • You are too cool to be a god anyway :|
« Reply #632 on: August 03, 2010, 10:16:30 PM »

It smells like your mother

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #633 on: August 03, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »

Oh ok well next year during Drink O'Clock we'll make sure Mima's staff knocks over TWO drinks onto your outfit that'll work right?

« Reply #634 on: August 03, 2010, 10:48:28 PM »
Entirely probable, but the thing is, I'm paying for a server so that anyone who wants to use it can do so. It bothers me if someone wants to come play but can't, it makes me feel I'm not getting what I'm paying for. The server listens on a few different ports, and you mention having problems staying on another server, so maybe if I peek at things and/or you try a few other ports maybe we can suss out what's going on and find something you can call your ISP with, which would kill two birds with one stone. In any event, this situation should bother you too - You're paying for access to the whole internet, not just parts of it. You aren't getting what you're paying for. I'd be somewhat unhappy if I were you.
:roll: I'll survive.  I'm coughing along on limping laptops until I get my check from my last big order an can afford a good one.

Costumes make great pajamas, my parents look at me pretty funny tho  ::)

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #635 on: August 03, 2010, 11:51:46 PM »
Oh ok well next year during Drink O'Clock we'll make sure Mima's staff knocks over TWO drinks onto your outfit that'll work right?
Oshit o_o  That means we'll get even more stalkers than we did this year.  They're attracted to the scent of alcohol.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #636 on: August 03, 2010, 11:56:52 PM »
@Reddyne: I wish I made that outfit. The only work I did on it was conning people into listening to someone blab about ADT and try to sell it to them so I could get the money for the commission. That thing cost me $350.
:V Well, at least you had fun with it, yeah?
I still haven't washed my costumes :V
I'm always petrified that mine will self-destruct if I do so. Some more than others. Red Mage is a wool blend that frays like mad. Don't know what I'd wind up with if it went into the wash.
My costume's hang-drying right now, had to clean the Sangria out of the dress. XD
I'd rather smell like Baily's Irish cream or Kahlua. Of course, that would probably mean I was pressured into drinking something with alcohol. Not a good idea.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Mima-sama

« Reply #637 on: August 04, 2010, 12:08:25 AM »
I'd rather smell like Baily's Irish cream or Kahlua. Of course, that would probably mean I was pressured into drinking something with alcohol. Not a good idea.

Dunno if it'd be awesome or not to smell like this fella

I wouldn't be surpried. ::)

Reddyne

« Reply #638 on: August 04, 2010, 12:27:02 AM »
http://board.otakon.com/index.php?showtopic=19486&view=findpost&p=225035
Hey, our existence was tolerated by one other person.
Dunno if it'd be awesome or not to smell like this fella

I wouldn't be surpried. ::)
Yeah, well, I wouldn't be surprised. He looks pretty cool, though. Considering my taste for alcohol, I'd rather smell like him than all the other stuff my system rejects.

Drake

« Reply #639 on: August 04, 2010, 12:41:34 AM »
Hear that guys? Touhou fans that talk about Touhou know what they're talking about!!!!

This discovery is phenomenal and/or sarcastic!!!!

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
« Reply #640 on: August 04, 2010, 12:43:52 AM »
Oshit o_o  That means we'll get even more stalkers than we did this year.  They're attracted to the scent of alcohol.

Yea man, we'll get even more bros to call you three Wrench Boy, Santa Claus, and Girl Scout!

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #641 on: August 04, 2010, 12:54:37 AM »
Hear that guys? Touhou fans that talk about Touhou know what they're talking about!!!!
As opposed to Touhou fans that just talk about memes, or let their panels go to shit because they actually don't. :P

In any case, I got a bit lucky today, so I might be able to start setting aside money. If things work out, I'll do 3 cons in a year instead of just 1.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #642 on: August 04, 2010, 01:04:17 AM »
@Ryuu: Oh hai, I was the random Mikuru at the Friday and Saturday touhou shoots
Is that you at the left with the WTF look on your face?

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #643 on: August 04, 2010, 01:13:09 AM »
He is Santa Claus... when it's the first day of August.

He is abused by Aya even when Aya isn't around.

He takes a spilled drink from two seats away.

He is... the most interesting tengu in the world.

"I don't always soak up spilled drinks.  But when I do, I soak up white sangria."

"Stay thirsty, my friends."

« Reply #644 on: August 04, 2010, 01:46:24 AM »
Everything came back surprisingly clean, AX everything was all smelly after like 5 hours ):

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #646 on: August 04, 2010, 01:49:46 AM »
FINALLY someone quoted the Russian sailor!

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?

Momiji

• Cya

Reddyne

« Reply #649 on: August 04, 2010, 03:03:47 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-tzs47o33A
Once again, proof that Deus Ex was one of the best game ever: The best voice acting since God-only-knows-when.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #650 on: August 04, 2010, 03:47:24 AM »

This discovery is phenomenal and/or sarcastic!!!!

You mean... fans may actually know about their subject??!?!

As opposed to Touhou fans that just talk about memes, or let their panels go to shit because they actually don't. :P

If you're talking about the first Otakon panel a few years ago, it was a disaster well before we even got there.  It didn't help I didn't know I was going until the week of due to a massive family emergency, THREE laptops died during that panel, the panel before us went over and they cut us off early, and our time wasn't listed correctly anyways.  I was horribly stressed out, and I just collapsed on stage and lost my complete train of thought and yeah it was ugly.  The after bitching didn't help things at all.

If not, then I want to hear about this panel that is somehow worse than our horrible first attempt.

Next year I should do something super obscure for a panel, like the use of wood paneling vs metal in starship bridges.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
« Reply #651 on: August 04, 2010, 04:16:56 AM »
Hey everyone!

Had a blast at the con =)

I've a bunch of photos (around 150, I think) uploaded of the Touhou shoots:

http://red-mage-jerry.livejournal.com/557351.html

The next two posts are the Shin Megami Tensei midnight shoot, and then Fire Emblem/Phoenix Wright/Everything else.

Panel especially went well - everyone did an outstanding job.

Looking forward to future cons!

-- Jerry/Youki/Mokou
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

Mima-sama

« Reply #652 on: August 04, 2010, 04:30:15 AM »
Again, you gotta wear your Youki mooore. :(

Also love the quality of these pictures, they're great. Didn't get to chat so much this year but you seemed to be even busier this year than last.

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
« Reply #653 on: August 04, 2010, 04:46:03 AM »
Again, you gotta wear your Youki mooore. :(

Also love the quality of these pictures, they're great. Didn't get to chat so much this year but you seemed to be even busier this year than last.

Oh, I definitely will be.  Youki isn't going anywhere for a good long time - I'm proud of that cosplay =).  I'm probably not doing any new cosplays for a while, either, so Youki is going to see some serious con time over the next year or so.

I just use a junky old Nikon Coolpix S1 for my shots.  It's a matter of tweaking the settings - I'm looking for a new camera now, though.
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #654 on: August 04, 2010, 04:51:42 AM »
If you're talking about the first Otakon panel a few years ago...

I'm actually talking about the first Touhou panel I saw at a midwest con. I don't know a thing about Otakon history, but I'm sure I heard another Touhou panel described similarly... Was it a past Anime North one?

The ACen one run by Benny the next year (last year) was miraculous by comparison.

-- Jerry/Youki/Mokou

Oh, so you finished Mokou pretty quickly. It looks good too! Planning on bringing that to ACen next time? ;)

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
« Reply #655 on: August 04, 2010, 04:59:00 AM »
Oh, so you finished Mokou pretty quickly. It looks good too! Planning on bringing that to ACen next time? ;)

Thank you!  And I absolutely am bringing her (and Youki, if I can get him on the plane) to ACen.  Need a new wig, though - that was my first attempt at styling/wefting a wig EVER, and while passable, it's the wrong colour and I had no freaking clue what I was doing with it  :blush:

EDIT: I would love to find a Kaguya to rival me
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 05:03:55 AM by Silentsword »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #656 on: August 04, 2010, 06:54:35 AM »
So, has that Parsee registered here yet?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #657 on: August 04, 2010, 12:11:06 PM »
I'm actually talking about the first Touhou panel I saw at a midwest con. I don't know a thing about Otakon history, but I'm sure I heard another Touhou panel described similarly... Was it a past Anime North one?

The ACen one run by Benny the next year (last year) was miraculous by comparison.

Oh god there was a panel worse than ours.  Have mercy on our souls.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #658 on: August 04, 2010, 12:35:02 PM »
wefting a wig

You are a far far braver person than I.  I'm like YUP THE WIG OUTTA THE BAG FROM EBAY IS WHAT I'M USING.

primarchlion

« Reply #659 on: August 04, 2010, 01:09:16 PM »
Just uploaded all of my photos.  I missed the second photoshoot, but got plenty of Fridays and Sundays.  Sorry for all the duplicates I'm going to go through those eventually.

http://cid-23c0815ceea2e6d4.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=23C0815CEEA2E6D4!130&Bpub=SDX.Photos&Bsrc=GetSharingLink