Author Topic: Otakon 2010 - July 30-August 1, Baltimore MD.  (Read 124423 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Otakon 2010 - July 30-August 1, Baltimore MD.
« Reply #570 on: August 03, 2010, 12:52:13 AM »
Hilton was cheaper, but no free wifi and no fridges :T

Oh god I got to walk 300 yards outside whatever shall I do :ohdear:

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #571 on: August 03, 2010, 12:57:15 AM »
Wind is annoying when you're cosplaying, and crosswalk timing is more annoying when you're in geta. >_>
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #572 on: August 03, 2010, 12:58:32 AM »
How does the hotel wifi work anyway? Do you pay once per room, or do you have to pay per computer?

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #573 on: August 03, 2010, 01:00:58 AM »
At the Sheraton they locked it down to your mac address, so it's basically one computer at a time.  But other hotels might be different.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #574 on: August 03, 2010, 01:03:15 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm, uh, new here but I do believe I met a good lot of you at the con. I was the man!Mokou with the white hair who didn't know anyone. Meeting and spending time with everyone was really great, and I'd like to thank the China who told me about the photoshoots. (I think it was triangles, right?)

Anyway, I hope to get along with you all in the future~ <3

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #575 on: August 03, 2010, 01:05:47 AM »
The Raddison you just asked the front desk for the password and it was based off your room number.

According to the Hyatt website they use T-Mobile for their hotspot so who knows how it works.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 01:07:56 AM by ♪ Matsuoka Miku ♫ »

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #576 on: August 03, 2010, 01:13:14 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm, uh, new here but I do believe I met a good lot of you at the con. I was the man!Mokou with the white hair who didn't know anyone. Meeting and spending time with everyone was really great, and I'd like to thank the China who told me about the photoshoots. (I think it was triangles, right?)

Glad you had a great time and welcome!

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #577 on: August 03, 2010, 01:14:50 AM »
I think I'd like to get in on that room. Alittle more expensive than my room I had minus the ~1 hour round trip, do want! :D

I remember seeing you a few times, I was that guy who was trying to find Kilga at the end. Hope to see you next year.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #578 on: August 03, 2010, 01:16:46 AM »
Having free internet is a big plus, by the way, I payed $13 for just 24 hours of service.  ><

Hello everyone!
Hi there!  I was the white-haired Momiji walking around with Mima and company.  Welcome to the forum.  ^.^

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #579 on: August 03, 2010, 01:25:05 AM »
I think I'd like to get in on that room. Alittle more expensive than my room I had minus the ~1 hour round trip, do want! :D

I remember seeing you a few times, I was that guy who was trying to find Kilga at the end. Hope to see you next year.

Yeah, I remember you. Did you find him?

Having free internet is a big plus, by the way, I payed $13 for just 24 hours of service.  ><
Hi there!  I was the white-haired Momiji walking around with Mima and company.  Welcome to the forum.  ^.^

I think I remember you! You were at the Saturday photoshoot too, right?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #580 on: August 03, 2010, 01:26:02 AM »
sup duder

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #581 on: August 03, 2010, 01:30:16 AM »
I think I remember you! You were at the Saturday photoshoot too, right?
Indeed.

Mima-sama

• What are you doing in that shrine you are not a god
  • You are too cool to be a god anyway :|
« Reply #582 on: August 03, 2010, 01:32:27 AM »
Hilton was cheaper, but no free wifi and no fridges :T

Oh god I got to walk 300 yards outside whatever shall I do :ohdear:

I don't think this is a distance any normal human being would be able to traverse on foot.

Welcome! I was my namesake as well as the other Yumemi on sat morning. :V

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #583 on: August 03, 2010, 01:39:22 AM »

Hi yes that was me, welcome  :3 
I totally understand not knowing anyone - last year I "met everyone" at the Touhou shoot and wandering around in costume but it wasn't until joining the forums when I got back I really got to know people and now a year later it was all SUP GUYS WHAT UP all con long!

This reminds me that I should get around to posting the little anecdotes of all the injokes we're throwing around ohoho

Anyway MJP reserved our room at the Holiday Inn apparently before he even got down to con right after they announced the dates.  Internet access is free for everyone, in room microwave and fridge, and it's mad close (though I totally understand the wind issues after walking around all day in a skirt slit up to nyaaaaah) and hands down my favorite hotel in our however many years of Otakon-ing (this was my 5th and his 6th since 2003)  We're probably going to stick with our local friends in the room again but yeah people always punk out in the weeks before so WHO KNOWS there's no point in working those details out this far out   :derp:

Also I found this pic of the EoSD crew from the Friday shoot um um um I really dig how I (and my legs even if my stockings are way too pale :V) look in this pic so I'm going to be a camwhore and post it whoops!

Yeah I kinda want to wear that outfit forever now it's totally coming back for next year BE PREPARED also because there's no way I'm missing out on the second Big Shoot again.
A Real Cosplay Photographer friend of mine got a bunch of pics of my China in the outdoor balcony garden thing so I'm mighty excited to see how those came out too in the coming weeks.

Mima-sama

« Reply #584 on: August 03, 2010, 01:43:01 AM »
Jesus Christ, that picture screams The Adams Family to me for some reason. :o

triangles

« Reply #585 on: August 03, 2010, 01:43:26 AM »
Well the house IS run by vampires so  :V

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #586 on: August 03, 2010, 01:48:04 AM »
But there's no smooth male lead chara- oh hey, Sakuya-kun. 

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #587 on: August 03, 2010, 01:51:14 AM »
Indeed.

Both Momijis were pretty cute so good job, whichever one you were!

I don't think this is a distance any normal human being would be able to traverse on foot.

Welcome! I was my namesake as well as the other Yumemi on sat morning. :V

I think I remember meeting you briefly on Friday in the dealer's room, actually. You were Mima then, right?

sup duder

'llo

Hi yes that was me, welcome  :3 
I totally understand not knowing anyone - last year I "met everyone" at the Touhou shoot and wandering around in costume but it wasn't until joining the forums when I got back I really got to know people and now a year later it was all SUP GUYS WHAT UP all con long!

Oh, really? I'm glad to know I'm not alone in the whole "WHO ARE ALL YOU AWESOME PEOPLE" experience. (your cosplay was really good btw)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #588 on: August 03, 2010, 01:52:26 AM »
I've stayed in the Marriott, the Raddisson, the old Wyndham, and the Holiday Inn Express on the other side of the stadium.  The best was the time we got a penthouse suite at the Best Western, that place owed.

Wayyy too expensive though else I'd try it again.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #589 on: August 03, 2010, 01:53:13 AM »
First chance to post after work. Why do I have to have a life? Otakon was amazing this year and was pretty much flawless. EvacCon was one for the books alright, except that once again all the girls I'd like to break the ice with turn out to have boyfriends already although it's not like I could summon up the guts to to speak to one just to find out that she doesn't care about whether or not I draw breath. Venting aside, stories I'll remember included:

1. Meeting most all of you weirdos was great. Seriously. I think I met and conversed with the majority of you guys (a couple multiple times), which is always a great experience. By the way, meeting Edible in person was amazing. Y'all know what Kilga looks like, but Edible is like meeting Einstein, Xerxes from 300, and Mustafa from the Old Spice commercials at once.
2. Sola BELTING Ar Tornelico 2's Sublimation Part 2. Gee-zus, video now, plox. Makes me jealous enough to try karaoke myself. Maybe next they'll get me in the masq-pfhahaha!
3. The photoshoots and panel. I'm liking the pics a lot. I hope you guys enjoyed the panel. I think I did better than last time.
4. Got some guy to nearly wet his pants with laughter after he took my picture as Red Mage with the reflective fireball.
5. Kilga got a pic of me as Kyon with UK as Mikuru. Tame stuff, but considering I cosplayed Kyon for 2 days at AB 2007 (AwkwardCon) and have no photographic evidence to prove it, I like it. It was my first costume, too. By the way, good job on Mikuru, UK. If you've given me a compliment on costume I pieced together,  I should at least have the decency to return it to a person who did more than I did.
6. Some of the people I know accidentally say some of the most inappropriately hysterical things.
7. Dragging around my friends because I was ADD enough to leave my bag full of all my purchases, then finding out a man-Wriggle had later accidentally walked off with and was looking to return it. I was high on epinephrine and dopamine the whole con and I think that finally pushed it into OD territory. I seriously thought I wasn't getting any of those hard-earned goodies back. Sorry about my sudden panic mode, folks. I shoulda known better at that point things couldn't go wrong.
Warning - while you were typing 5,234,098 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Well, pants.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

triangles

« Reply #590 on: August 03, 2010, 01:53:31 AM »
OH YEAH SPEAKING OF WHICH

We're totally making MJP a Brohou next year.  It's decided.

We have one of two options on the table at the moment, they have varying degrees of difficulty but both have quite high levels of AWESOME let me tell you. 
I just have to start making the Touhous oh I don't sooner than the SUNDAY BEFORE THE CON   :ohdear: so I swear I'm going to be smart and start like a month or three in advance because I'm picking stuff that is definitely more complex.

« Reply #591 on: August 03, 2010, 02:08:45 AM »
My hotel sucked, I ended up getting one late, and about 20 minutes out of the way in Laurel.  At least it wasn't a fleabag inn.

It sucks that I had to go right back to work the next day... and made me realize further how much after Cons blow.....  Especially going through so many photos hoping to put up anything someone would like seeing.

Mima-sama

« Reply #592 on: August 03, 2010, 02:11:04 AM »
My hotel sucked, I ended up getting one late, and about 20 minutes out of the way in Laurel.  At least it wasn't a fleabag inn.

It sucks that I had to go right back to work the next day... and made me realize further how much after Cons blow.....  Especially going through so many photos hoping to put up anything someone would like seeing.

Gotta get in somewhere close next year dude. :(

« Reply #593 on: August 03, 2010, 02:14:26 AM »
Quote from: Mima-sama
Gotta get in somewhere close next year dude. :(

I will.  Hopefully next year I won't be on such a lousy budget at that time.  :blush:

Tiliesola x01

• Administrator of Agepan
  • The world needs all of its precious lives
    • Next Phantasm...
« Reply #594 on: August 03, 2010, 02:16:03 AM »
My hotel sucked, I ended up getting one late, and about 20 minutes out of the way in Laurel.

what

Why!?  (Where, out of curiosity?)

Oh yeah, sorry I'm a habitual lurker, but it was really awesome to see everyone, honest :<  I haven't had this much fun since ... well, Anime Boston, really.  oh god what have i become

Especially going through so many photos hoping to put up anything someone would like seeing.

Yeah, I took like 200 pictures, except they were all on other people's cameras \ (^o^) ノ
Fou ki ra hyear, presia reen;
Was zweie ra na stel zuieg, manaf
Ma zweie ra irs manaf chyet oz omnis

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
« Reply #595 on: August 03, 2010, 02:19:20 AM »
*will definitely be maybe there, as Raymoo again, Okuu, and hopefully (if I can finish) Split Keine/Ex-Keine.*

Sammy, that sucks. D: Better luck next year?

« Reply #596 on: August 03, 2010, 02:22:27 AM »
Laurel, Maryland.  The hotel was about 10 minutes from I-95, which I took to get there.  It took 10-15 minutes to get to Baltimore from that point.

But all's good.  I was able to get there and back safely.  That's what was important.

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
« Reply #597 on: August 03, 2010, 02:28:26 AM »
For the Hyatt room, it's very likely that I'll be able to fly over again for next year barring any catastrophe's.

I remember you, I'm one of the guys with Momiji and Mima.  I was the one that asked if you would be able to pull your pockets out for that pose in the photoshoot.  It was nice meeting you.

sup duder

If you go as Yuugi again you can expect another donation towards booze from me.  Just don't tell the Shrine Maidens or they might come to shake me down. :]

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #598 on: August 03, 2010, 02:30:48 AM »
Broshiguma's not going away for a while. I already love that outfit to death and will be milking it for all it is worth.

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
« Reply #599 on: August 03, 2010, 02:32:42 AM »
If you go as Yuugi again you can expect another donation towards booze from me.  Just don't tell the Shrine Maidens or they might come to shake me down. :]

WHAT IS THIS

Laurel, Maryland.  The hotel was about 10 minutes from I-95, which I took to get there.  It took 10-15 minutes to get to Baltimore from that point.

But all's good.  I was able to get there and back safely.  That's what was important.

Oh, that's not too bad. I was at the Sheraton the entire weekend- definitely not walking distance, but still decent when it came to driving times.

Glad to hear everything worked out!