Author Topic: MotK Mafioso Mafia! Over  (Read 61931 times)

Re: MotK Mafioso Mafia! Day 2!
« Reply #450 on: April 27, 2010, 04:11:14 AM »
Why does it say I'm still on Serela? :s

[edible]Perhaps because you haven't changed your vote?[/edible]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:23:31 AM by Edible »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #451 on: April 27, 2010, 05:00:10 AM »
The Kittens and Alice have been prodded for inactivity.

« Reply #452 on: April 27, 2010, 05:09:15 AM »
Why does it say I'm still on Serela? :s

[edible]Perhaps because you haven't changed your vote?[/edible]
Uh, no? I moved it to Rat a while ago. It even has that on the votecount (so I have two votes).

[edible]fffffffffffffffffff :colonveeplusalpha:[/edible]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:26:55 AM by Edible »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #453 on: April 27, 2010, 05:51:13 AM »
WARNING: INCOMING GAME
WARNING: INCOMING GAME

Furienify: Is truly bizarre. I see this back-and-forth (if it can be called that) with Zakeri and it screams clueless town to me. But then he's the opening vote on the real Zent case by correctly identifying bad logic and even following up properly. And then we go back to clueless. Takes him forever to vote on Day 2, stark contrast to the Day 1 behavior. Lots of defensive posts coming up here, lack of vote for a very long time and it comes with a panicked unvote almost immediately after. Currently has no vote down and doesn't appear to be planning any new cases. What is up with this? Man I don't know. He's done plenty to make me want to give him a small newbie pass but he's also done enough to show that he isn't. The thought has crossed my mind - repeatedly - that he was fed the Zent case from a scumbuddy, but I can't figure out why one would have done that given the vote count at the time instead of just letting him wander around on his own, making newbie mistakes. Just because I can't figure out why it would happen doesn't mean it doesn't still smack of buddycoaching, though. Willing to fakevote this case, though I think there are better options. Speaking of!

---

NeoSerela: Zakvote is blatant bandwagon, sticking out especially because of how weak the entire train was (outside of myself imo but obviously I'm going to think this). Gets prompted to explain proper and responds, not by providing real reasons, but by going into something about how Zakeri and I were possible buddies that ends in no actual conclusion but a bunch of waffling instead (with a little bit of hypocrisy thrown in at the end when he accuses Zakeri of not providing reasons when he himself had not provided reasons for his Zakvote when asked). Keeps getting asked for reasons and keeps not providing them. Finally provides reasons here, which are almost entirely founded in WIFOM and gets Zakeri's vote target wrong (Zak switched to Roukan after this post!). Ugh.

Actually huh what makes the case pretty nicely here. Cool beans.

Day 2 Chaore vote is based on Early Day 1 antics and "assume scum -> find evidence", both of which are bad for reasons that should be obvious. Attacking Chaore for sticking to his guns is silly, players SHOULD be keeping their votes on whoever they think is the most scummy regardless of other cases that might be popping up. Chaore's defense proper of this case is just a few posts down, go read it if you want to see the case taken to task in detail. Anyway. Unvotes Chaore, revotes nobody.

This post deserves special spotlighting because of this line:

it's better to vote the person I suspect most then do someone else purely to look better, right? The point is to catch scum.

This comes right after attacking Chaore for doing the same thing.

Then there comes the Zent mini-spat, which I can understand given how terrible Zent's vote is, but the whole train of thought that starts with "I'm starting to think Zent couldn't be scum just because of how badly he's playing" and ends with a vote for Zent is baffling. If you're thinking he's not scum, why are you voting for him? If you think he IS scum, why did you include that bit about thinking why he might not be scum? I guess Serela seems to realize this himself with the later unvote, but again not placing the vote elsewhere bothers me, and he even admits he doesn't think Zent is scum asfuoahfuodsahgiooa

Oh, there's the origin of HITLER OF LURKERS. I remember telling myself, before I started this, that I would want to see whoever started that lynched for antagonistic alarmism. Glad to see it land here. Worthless chaff in the Extension post, chaff that is also hypocritical in light of the fact that Serela's vote currently sits on no one. If "we seriously need to pick someone", why aren't you picking anyone or really doing anyithng?

No newbie slack here, there are scummy mistakes left and right that shoot Serela straight to the top of my list. I'll even punctuate this feelings with this. ##Fakevote: NeoSerela

I will however pre-empt Kefit trying to sell his Rat/Serela scumpairing again because, assuming ScumSerela, this has all been just so bad that ScumRat would have been much better served throwing Serela under the bus (and ScumRat would have realized this) instead of trying to deflect attention away from him.

---

Zentillion: Quick note before I begin: I'm starting in Day 2 because I believe I've discussed Zent's Day 1 enough already.

Now then. Even after picking through all the melodramatics, I can't find a real reason for his Chaore vote. Gets called on it, unvotes, revotes no one. Sadface. Serela vote is blatant bandwagon, he doesn't even bother substantiating it. Even admits it's a blatant bandwagonhop in his next post! Man I hope Zent is actually scum-that-knows-what-he's-doing and is just milking the newbie card for all it is worth because that would be the most awesome thing ever and I would be totally willing to lose to it. Hems and haws over the idea of moving his vote off of Serela, but eventually shifts over to Alice for two reasons that are actually good despite being mostly stolen fom other people! and two reasons that are not reasons ("many people suspect this person" does not imply "this person is scum" and making that jump is more blatant bandwagoning). The unvote-revote of Alice is I don't even know what the hell.

I am actually incredibly not sold on this guy being scum. *facenuke*-inducing, yes, but...Serela's just so bad and Alice isn't looking too hot either and those have been the two votes he's actually stuck to today and I can't imagine they're all scum. I'm having a terrible time verbally justifying why I don't think he's the best candidate for a lynch, he just...isn't for me. I don't think I could decently object if that is how the winds decide to blow, though.

---

My thoughts have been moving Kefit "down" my personal list insofaras they keep moving a bunch of other people up. Still not happy with him, though, especially not for buying into the HITLER OF LURKERS shenanigans. I honestly forget of Rat or anyone else pointed this out, but here's how I saw that whole unfolding: Rat casts a vote for a lurker whose sparse content failed to inspire, while calling out another lurker or two for similar reasons, time passes, said lurkers still do not show up, Rat gets frustrated and starts trying to get people to look at them more. I can understand this perfectly, I always feel this way as town when my cases go ignored and the people they're on don't show up (doubly so if lurking is one of my charges against them).

Current death preference list probably looks something like this Serela > K4U > Kefit/Alice > Furienify ><><==<><<><=>>=<?? Zentillion. Not sure if I want to attach Chaore to this list, he really rankles me with calling Rat on attitude despite being one of the game's most abrasive players (as well as for generally being one of the game's most abrasive players), but the Extension vote with zilch content looks slightly less bad in light of the fact that he HAD posted something decent about 16 hours prior. Would probably require yet another reread focused on him to solidly place him on my list. Wish I knew where he's gone, though, >24 hours of no content is >24 hours of no content and complete lack of presence doesn't work given he showed up to make the Extention vote.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #454 on: April 27, 2010, 05:55:46 AM »
Shuld also note that Roukan's been moving down my Happy List (? Xanth Enterprises 2010 ORIGINAL CONTENT DO NOT STEAL) and huh what's been moving up it as I go along writing the above post. Rat and huh what are the only two players I cannot see myself wanting to see voted off the island at this juncture.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #455 on: April 27, 2010, 07:53:46 AM »
@Huhwhat: I could not for the life of me recall you actually asking me about Kefit, so I checked your history and hey there it was, apologies. However my position on him should have been very clear from my previous posts; he is a lurker, he deserves rope at least as much as the others. He possibly deserves it more; I have reviewed his posts today, will cover this at the end since I also need to berate-

Rou: Can you stop with the sad puppy-dog eyes act? If you really do not care about this game nor want to put any effort into it, at least do the protown thing and vote for whomever Kilga tells you to vote rather than relying on meta garbage, seeing as he's confirmed and all and also pretty smart about his mafias and I'd really rather you actually tried to play.

Back on the case, Alice has deliberately cultivated a lurker persona over many games and I will acknowledge this, but if I need to push him on it to get him to say anything then so be it. He has not really churned out any powerful cases today; most of his time is spent defending himself with a vauge Furryfly case in there somewhere (look, more support for lynching lurkers, from a lurker!) The only things I think credit him are that he has started posting and he does acknowledge lurkers deserve rope, so. If you want me to put it different; Alice lurking makes me nervous, if he is town he will lurk less, he will not hedge on votes on majority lynch endgames and he will post strong cases rather than be defensive.

As scum? He will lurk on purpose because he can get away with it via his meta and I feel he has done so this game. And there it is, both in-game AND meta justifications for lynching Alice that I think everyone should accept on some level. He's scummy!

He's not scummiest presently though, that award goes to-

##Unvote, ##Vote: Kefit

-who is now far more guilty of lurking than Alice is and has somehow managed to justify lurking for everyone by going "I did it, so it's okay", and then gone and what would be any other name still be an OMGUS on me. To a degree it is understandable to vote people who target you (or people acting just like you, I guess, and I'm also OMGUSing right now but it's totally justified), BUT why has he done it?

Firstly, he's prepared to flat-out call Serela scum 100%, utterly derides lurking as a scumtell (on him and Alice in particular and on meta, of all things, and I've played ONE GAME with Kefit so even then how the hell am I meant to know his meta, which I am bad at and hate to start with), and thus rejects much of what I consider good mafia wisdom on three fronts; firstly, if you think someone is 100% scum you lynch them; secondly, lynching lurkers is of the good, and thirdly, don't bank on pairings without flips! Especially on day two! I cannot believe you or anyone has the confidence in your opinions necessary to lump people together.

Secondly, if I come out with a solid case or solid discussion or whatever, and people follow it, it is as though I am somehow the one blamed for their change of heart. I guess, in a sense, that is sort of true, but it makes absolutely no sense to keep repeating it. If people agree with what I say or the discussion moves there, the blame for this cannot be laid at my feet alone and it is duplicitous to keep repeating 'look, town moved away from these cases I liked!' as though it somehow impinges on me.

Said it before, will repeat it: it makes zero sense to rail at me and vote me for dragging discussion away from your favoured topics when you believe they are *so important* that we cannot afford to talk about other things. Judging by your words you should be voting Serela or trying to push discussion back to that angle, but you've barely mentioned her today; you pretty much just said 'sure I'm convinced Serela's scum' and then tunneled on me for hating on lurkers.

<->

tl;dr kefit is lurking hardcore, deriding sound mafia strategy, calling me scummy because other people changed their votes, and despite apparently being convinced talking about Serela is super important and that he/she is totally scummy, is voting me for not buying into that discussion. :|

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #456 on: April 27, 2010, 09:51:50 AM »
Rou: Can you stop with the sad puppy-dog eyes act? If you really do not care about this game nor want to put any effort into it, at least do the protown thing and vote for whomever Kilga tells you to vote rather than relying on meta garbage, seeing as he's confirmed and all and also pretty smart about his mafias and I'd really rather you actually tried to play.
True. He's probably smarter than I am, which is why I was hoping that by trying to pull a Pesco I'd be RIGHT for once. It's half-laziness, and half-hoping that I'll finally do well without needing The Big Players to solve the game for me. :|
But, if he makes ReBoot references like that, then who am I to refuse?

Yes, I forgot about Meme Mafia. To be honest, I genuinely DID try to scumhunt that game, and the only reason I got anywhere was that I was secretly third-party Survivor. >_> You make a good point about Alice's chance to survive make his time, though, and perhaps I am just giving him too much credit. We probably don't have time in the day to press any lynch that isn't Carth or Alice given the current level of activity, so:

##Unvote, Vote: Alice (L-2)

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #457 on: April 27, 2010, 10:07:10 AM »
Mmph. I think a Kefit lynch could happen and he edges Alice out on suspicion, but I can't deny activity levels are pretty bad and I can hardly count on either of those also on the Alice train to switch, let alone any of the people who think it's cool to not vote ever. The case on Kefit seems blindingly obvious to me at present though. I live in hope.

Well, I'm up for the next few hours and will probably managed to get up just before deadline to ensure a lynch actually happens. All my ducks are on the table here, Kefit > Alice > myriad others for my preferred lynch.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #458 on: April 27, 2010, 01:46:29 PM »
Posting to avoid modkill.  I have class in like 10 minutes, so I can't make a proper post yet.  I'll get something better up between my classes (which will be about 2 hours or so from now).  Summery is: I still doubt any of the newbies are scum, I don't get the case on Carth, I like the case on Alice and I want to look at the other people that are lurking.

Apologies for my huge lack of presence today.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #459 on: April 27, 2010, 01:50:37 PM »
Hi. My father is a totalitarian fucknut. I acknowledge the case on Kefit, but will keep my vote on Alice.

I think it's for some incredibly stupid reason having to do with being right, but regardless, I do think Alice is scum still.

K4U's post immediately makes me wonder about her alignment. That was impressive.

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #460 on: April 27, 2010, 02:59:33 PM »
Heck with it, I don't wanna get up early tomorrow.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Alice

Believe that's L-1.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #461 on: April 27, 2010, 04:26:59 PM »
We have 5 hours.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #462 on: April 27, 2010, 05:11:26 PM »
This game is starting to get painful to play.  In most games, even if we do yell at each other, I always feel like we're still all friends and we can have a good laugh at everything afterwards, but this game doesn't feel that way anymore.  Is there really any need to be so hostile?  Can't we all just get along?  I mean, it's just a game people. :(

---

Okay, so newbies first.  I've read through their posts, even keeping the D2 horrible in mind, and I still don't think any of them are scum.  Their posts just read as confused newb town to me.

I don't get the Carth case at all.  Seriously.  He had the best reasons for voting Zen D1 and this and this is GOOD POSTING.  I'm not a believer in LAL myself, but that's okay because he's not even making caes on people for lurking alone like some people seem to think.  Seriously, the wagon on him is one of the lamest things ever.   

Kefit's case is extremely bad and I'm surprised that people are jumping on it.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing you find scummy about Carth is that he went after a newbie.  Everything else relies on him being scum with someone that hasn't even flipped (and someone I think is likely town to boot!).  I mean what?  It's got a lot of words, but it makes no sense at all.  That coupled with the bandwagon hop and weird attack on Kilga D1 makes me totally willing to lynch him.

I was thinking that Rou was town D1, but jumping onto Carth after Kefit's "case" SHOWED HIM THE LIGHT is just...uh wow.  The switch to Alice is extremely awkward as well.  That has completely destroyed my town read on him.  Willing to lynch Rou.

HW's switch reads more as misguided town to me.  I'm still not really getting why anyone's finding Carth scummy though. :/

On Alice, people have already said most of what I would have said.  I don't really think that him not pushing Furi harder makes him scummy like some people though.  I do think that the fact that he didn't vote for Zen despite clearly being on before the deadline is scummy, and I find his defense scummy.  Declaring intent to hammer when I get home, which will be in about 1.5ish hours.  I have a question for you if you get on before I get home: what was so scummy about my switch?  I said I was against the Zen lynch and that I was for a Zak lynch and it was obvious that either Zen or Zak was going to be lynched.  I do not comprehend what is so weird other than I had to get off, so I didn't have time to state that I was voting because of the deadline. :/
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #463 on: April 27, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
I don't think Rou's switch to Alice is a big deal, as if nothing else it works toward ensuring a lynch today, whereas I would have fought tooth and nail to prevent a Rat train.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #464 on: April 27, 2010, 06:48:34 PM »
Just went to get lunch, so I"m back a little later than I expected.

##Unvote
##Vote Alice
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #465 on: April 27, 2010, 06:50:42 PM »
In during twilight

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #466 on: April 27, 2010, 07:16:12 PM »
Here lies Alice Margatroid
Was lynched because he lurks
But the funny thing about lurkers
Is they can sometimes be town, you jerks!

Alice Margatroid, playing Alice Margatroid, Embodiment of Townie Rage (Limited Vig), was hung out to dry!

It is now Night 2.  24 hours, do your stuff.

UncertainJakutten

Re: MotK Mafioso Mafia! Night 2. zzz
« Reply #467 on: April 27, 2010, 07:20:32 PM »
Ok! Ok! Point friggen taken Alice.

I'll try to think next time, ok?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #468 on: April 27, 2010, 07:21:21 PM »
Kilga is Team Jacob

Hangmafia time!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

13 alive

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #469 on: April 27, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »
....Alice was town.

:colonveeplusalpha:

Hangmafia: K
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #470 on: April 27, 2010, 07:39:14 PM »
Hangmafia:I
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #471 on: April 27, 2010, 08:29:53 PM »
K

_ I _ _ I _ _

11 alive

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #472 on: April 27, 2010, 08:33:09 PM »
L.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #473 on: April 27, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »

K L

_ I _ _ I _ _

10 alive

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #474 on: April 27, 2010, 08:45:30 PM »
N

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #475 on: April 27, 2010, 08:46:02 PM »
R.

I think I got it... although if I did, that's a good trick you did thar~
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #476 on: April 27, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »
K L R

_ I _ _ I N _

8 alive

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #477 on: April 27, 2010, 09:01:41 PM »
Uh...

A
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #478 on: April 27, 2010, 09:04:37 PM »
G

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #479 on: April 27, 2010, 09:19:06 PM »
Darn, I was wrong, it's not FURIENIFY without the FU D:

Hmm... E