Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... (volume 3)  (Read 203796 times)

rfw

Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... (volume 3)
« Reply #960 on: August 25, 2010, 04:52:15 AM »
... when you read that the capital of Egypt is Cirno, and Cirno is a vector graphics library.

Ayuka

• Pursuer of cute things
  • Not obsessive in the slightest.
    • Neko Arrange
« Reply #961 on: August 25, 2010, 05:03:40 AM »
... when you read that the capital of Egypt is Cirno
Um... Not in this universe.
Or are you saying you misread it as Cirno?

« Reply #962 on: August 25, 2010, 06:31:39 AM »
o.o i saw this a couple years ago, and now I am JUST getting the reference..I feel enlightened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R1fs3PnX9M
Drive a Carbonated Fish!

rfw

« Reply #963 on: August 25, 2010, 09:04:10 AM »

Not unless the government of Egypt has decided to rename Cairo.

I, for one, welcome our new ⑨ fairy overlord!

led

« Reply #964 on: August 25, 2010, 09:08:16 AM »

Maybe not in this universe. Maybe there's another universe where the capital of Egypt is indeed named Cirno :)

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #965 on: August 25, 2010, 06:03:41 PM »
A few months back, a friend of the family dropped out a metric crap-ton of books. Which is good, because I need something to do during my breaks on campus. One of these books is an Agatha Christie one (13 for Luck!, I believe it's called), and it's a nice little collection of short stories.

The second story had a certain character whose image has forever been ruined for me. Inspector Hearn. (Now I can't stop picturing Poirot as Renko...)

Also, while checking a gaming blog, I read Pit of Saron as Pit of Satori.

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
« Reply #966 on: August 25, 2010, 07:04:54 PM »
A few months back, a friend of the family dropped out a metric crap-ton of books. Which is good, because I need something to do during my breaks on campus. One of these books is an Agatha Christie one (13 for Luck!, I believe it's called), and it's a nice little collection of short stories.

The second story had a certain character whose image has forever been ruined for me. Inspector Hearn. (Now I can't stop picturing Poirot as Renko...)

Also, while checking a gaming blog, I read Pit of Saron as Pit of Satori.
AGATHA CHIRSTEHHHHHHH xD (My favourtie writer. And, just for the record, it was before I knew all the touhou references about her books)
xD I always thought of Maribel and Renko to be like detectives, and thinking aobut it, they are just the right type of girls for a detective story (all the other characters have WAY too much advantage)

When you see a place that is called "muky" And you read it "Mukyu"
When you see a place called teikoku and you read "tensoku"

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #967 on: August 25, 2010, 07:08:43 PM »
AGATHA CHIRSTEHHHHHHH xD (My favourtie writer. And, just for the record, it was before I knew all the touhou references about her books)
xD I always thought of Maribel and Renko to be like detectives, and thinking aobut it, they are just the right type of girls for a detective story (all the other characters have WAY too much advantage)

That's exactly what I thought! I read some of her stuff waybackwhen (I don't even recall what it was, but it was a Poirot story.); I've been mentally - and unintentionally - replacing Poirot with Renko since I read about Detective Hearn... >>; And the assorted characters with little backstory as other random Touhou girls.

Marin The Magus

« Reply #968 on: August 25, 2010, 07:11:51 PM »
That's exactly what I thought! I read some of her stuff waybackwhen (I don't even recall what it was, but it was a Poirot story.); I've been mentally - and unintentionally - replacing Poirot with Renko since I read about Detective Hearn... >>; And the assorted characters with little backstory as other random Touhou girls.

It's all your fault.
I'm reading a book that's also of Agatha Christie and I'm picturing it in a touhou world!!!!!
Although it's not that bad xD
(The book is called halloween party, btw)

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #969 on: August 25, 2010, 07:27:30 PM »
It's all your fault.
I'm reading a book that's also of Agatha Christie and I'm picturing it in a touhou world!!!!!
Although it's not that bad xD
(The book is called halloween party, btw)

To add on to my addiction: I'm very, very tempted to piss away this weekend rewriting one of the shorter stories, but Touhou-ing it. >>

Marin The Magus

« Reply #970 on: August 25, 2010, 07:30:24 PM »
To add on to my addiction: I'm very, very tempted to piss away this weekend rewriting one of the shorter stories, but Touhou-ing it. >>

I'm feeling the same, but I'd do a fic with Maribel and Renko resolving miscellanous stuff xD

« Reply #971 on: August 26, 2010, 08:02:42 AM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when it's almost time for another thread!

I fondly recall, before the boards exploded and wiped everything out that one time, starting the seventh Addiction thread. It was titled "You know you're addicted to Touhou when you love the seven-colored magician!"

People were quick to point out that everyone loves the seven-colored magician. I was sorely tempted to respond, "Good point," and promptly lock the thread and start the eighth one.

« Reply #972 on: August 26, 2010, 08:27:04 AM »
My mother has started singing the second stanza of Onigashima in the Fairyland ~ Missing Power at random intervals. I can't help but grin every time.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #973 on: August 26, 2010, 12:57:33 PM »
People were quick to point out that everyone loves the seven-colored magician. I was sorely tempted to respond, "Good point," and promptly lock the thread and start the eighth one.

That would have been amazing.

Also, I believe my dad's beginning to recognize some of the girls from my wallpapers and cursor... And he's become a fan of the music. ... holy shit, I'm slowly converting my own father to Touhou.

Marin The Magus

« Reply #974 on: August 26, 2010, 04:19:27 PM »
That would have been amazing.

Also, I believe my dad's beginning to recognize some of the girls from my wallpapers and cursor... And he's become a fan of the music. ... holy shit, I'm slowly converting my own father to Touhou.
Oh...My...God...
WE ARE ZOMBIES!!

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #975 on: August 26, 2010, 04:33:37 PM »
Zombies? Nah, we're more of an army of dedicated fans who will spread the word for free...

(I've used that article on everyone I've gotten hooked on Touhou, it never fails.)

Also, to add to the thread:

I was in graphics class today and the professor mentioned bullets. ...and I don't really need to say anything else. (Granted, I was zoning out at the time... but still.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:00:04 PM by Pikbak »

Marin The Magus

« Reply #976 on: August 26, 2010, 08:09:32 PM »
xD

Today, in geography class, I was sooo spaced out and bored that, instead of putting "greenwich meridian" I put "greenwich in the sky" xD And I didn't have anything to erase it (it was a chinese black ink pen =D) , so I had to do the map all over again (well, I had 5 maps, and it didn't matter to me anymore)

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #977 on: August 26, 2010, 10:39:33 PM »
And to add to my class-related shenanigans!

In my Creative Writing class, the prof' was talking about a poem she wrote. Something along the lines of (It's been a few hours, so I forget the EXACT title, but) Satori of Silk Kimono.

Even when I wasn't zoning out, my mind went to everyone's favorite mind-reader.

Marin The Magus

« Reply #978 on: August 26, 2010, 10:53:33 PM »
If that happened to me, I would be like "SATORIN KOMEIJIIIII~"
xD

We were in art class, and the teacher was talking about cubism, and I was singing Kero destiny to myself, so I ended up singing "Ghostly field club destiny!"

SegaSaturnGal

• Ruuuruuu...
  • Definition of homedog: Kneesocks.
    • SegaSaturnGal's deviantART
« Reply #979 on: August 27, 2010, 01:13:20 AM »
When you do random Touhou doodles instead of your schoolwork. :o
"Exemplary behavior! Civil minds! Disciplined bodies! That which holds the essence of true beauty!" -Kneesocks, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

« Reply #980 on: August 27, 2010, 01:45:36 AM »
In art class, we were allowed to draw whatever we wanted on the covers of our folders.
Three guesses as to what series now graces the cover of my folder, and the first two guesses don't count. 

Marin The Magus

« Reply #981 on: August 27, 2010, 01:46:48 AM »
touhou, and...touhou, and, um...touhou?

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #982 on: August 27, 2010, 02:01:29 AM »
When you do random Touhou doodles instead of your schoolwork. :o
I've found ways to make my schoolwork into Touhou! Art classes, music classes, and creative writing all give beautiful opportunities for this.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #983 on: August 27, 2010, 02:36:33 AM »
Always happens ^_^

My teachers have asked me to stop drawing random girls in strange outfits on my assignments~

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #984 on: August 27, 2010, 02:42:24 AM »
When you start to think that all mikos are supposed to have detached sleeves.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #985 on: August 27, 2010, 02:52:15 AM »
When you start to think that all mikos are supposed to have detached sleeves.

They don't, but should!

And I honestly never thought of that Touhou creative writing bit... ... huh. I really, really like that idea.

Also, when you have a few 'constant' tabs up in Firefox (thanks, tab-saving feature!), and they're all Touhou danbooru doujins.

(Life of Maid, 200 Yojana in a Flash, Night Sparrow Love, Sora no Amagumo's Touhou 4koma, and Today's Word, for those of you who are curious-like)

Oh, and when you sincerely contemplate ideas for Touhou Yugioh cards.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 02:55:59 AM by Pikbak »

« Reply #986 on: August 27, 2010, 05:34:28 AM »
@math convert 200 yojana to slash

ark

• みょん
« Reply #987 on: August 27, 2010, 05:56:29 AM »
<Keine> SupremeBogus: 1
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:06:30 AM by Nereid »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
You know you're addicted to Touhou when ...
« Reply #988 on: August 27, 2010, 10:47:22 AM »
You begin noticing Nitori-like traits in your own daughter. Namely: loves to swim, loves cucumbers, has an engineer's mind, and very shy around people. Confirmation bias? Maybe. But still.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Marin The Magus

« Reply #989 on: August 27, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »
Today in the event I had,  I kept thinking  about touhou:
First, in a total off-topic conversation with my teacher, she said "The people who suffer from mental diseases were locked and weren't allowed to see anyone" and I was like "...Flandre?"
Second, when I was buying a book at the book fair, a teacher told a kid who was next to me "I don't have change. Go to see Letty, she is over there..." And I suddenly laughed about it.
And the last thing that happened was that there was a dracula book (which I obviously bought. Not only because of touhou and all those stuff, it was mostly because I felt curious about it xD)