Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... (volume 3)  (Read 203891 times)

Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... (volume 3)
« Reply #900 on: August 19, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
this. I'm working on an EoSD medley for the school talent show/Otakon next year  :V

Good luck with that. Can you record it?

I have about 6 songs memorized, and I need at least two more to make an acceptable repertoire. Four, if I decide to merge Marisa's and Reimu's themes into individual medleys.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

三重階乗

• NOT an avatar of a higher-up.
  • Who is this "Dragon," anyway?
« Reply #901 on: August 19, 2010, 08:43:28 PM »
I've almost called Twining Park, the largest park in the town I live in (Monroe, WI), Twilight Spark. Twice. In front of 2 different friends of mine. Thankfully, I caught myself before saying Spark both times.

I firmly believe that I'm most likely the only Touhou fan in town. As such, I never talk about it even with close friends.

Recently, I've been thinking of other themes that I thought would fit certain aspects of Touhou characters: for example, Yuugi with Big Show's theme.

A fair amount of the EX-Meiling tags on Danbooru were added by me on the date of February 11, 2010 (Search "ex-meiling" in your browser and see for yourself). I also made the current wiki article for it after WatcherCCG started a small one.

Finally, I've broken the ice here after a year and change of being a pure lurker.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #902 on: August 20, 2010, 02:07:36 AM »
When you decide to try to learn lucid dreaming, just for all of the Touhou-shaped shenanigans.

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
« Reply #903 on: August 20, 2010, 03:16:55 AM »
When you ask yourself "What would Byakuren do"

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #904 on: August 20, 2010, 08:20:04 AM »
When your mother suggests that your upset stomach might be because you're subconciously worried about the start of school, and you instantly think "Kanako damn it Koishi!" :3
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:36:32 PM by Okuu »
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
You know you're addicted to Touhou when
« Reply #905 on: August 20, 2010, 10:41:22 AM »
You wake up in the morning and almost immediately start playing before beginning the rest of the day.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #906 on: August 20, 2010, 12:57:38 PM »
When you hear your dad and mom whistle to "The Gensokyo the Gods Loved" when you wake up.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #907 on: August 20, 2010, 10:34:10 PM »
When you hear your dad and mom whistle to "The Gensokyo the Gods Loved" when you wake up.
Were they actually?

...When you see "Alice" on a whiteboard and are tempted to write "Margatroid" after it. (I did, but was forced to erase it afterwards.)

...When you are tempted to write "Patchouli Knowledge" in a space that indicates thet owner of a book.

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
  • RIP 7/21/2010-9/10/2010
« Reply #908 on: August 20, 2010, 10:46:44 PM »
when you watch Innuyasha, and keep hearing konngarra instead of kagara(no idea how it's spelled)

or when you realize that all you do is bump between the internet and different touhou games.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #909 on: August 20, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »
or when you realize that all you do is bump between the internet and different touhou games.

Guilty!

Also, when you hit up Danbooru on a regular basis to see if there's any new (good) images of the Touhou cast.

I, for one, am glad that some of the more neglected girls haven't been (completely) forgotten.

Ayuka

• Pursuer of cute things
  • Not obsessive in the slightest.
    • Neko Arrange
« Reply #910 on: August 21, 2010, 04:38:42 AM »
My parents brought home an A/C unit to be installed today. My dad hands me the booklet on installations and what page does it happen to be on but the list of included parts including pictures each marked by a circled number. The 9th piece was a foam insert. I couldn't stop looking back to it while I was reading. It was so distracting. >_<

Uwa

• Nincompoop
« Reply #911 on: August 21, 2010, 04:55:11 AM »
When in multiple MMOs you buy a pet cow, name it "Keine" and fill its inventory with only Phoenix Feathers...and then buy a black cat, name it Orin, and always keep it dead because Orin always ruins your (my   :() SA runs.
Muukyu :(

Marin The Magus

« Reply #912 on: August 21, 2010, 11:22:52 PM »
Oohh I remembered that there was a box in high school that said "patchouli" (DON'T ASK ME WHY) and it seemed to be empty and I instantly thought "Reimu first theory WAS RIGHT! Patchouli stole it!" And I laughed so hard that everyone stared at me. My friends punished me later because they were embarrased...BUT IT WAS SO WORTH IT! 

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #913 on: August 22, 2010, 01:21:47 AM »
Reimu first theory WAS RIGHT! Patchouli stole it!

I wish they would continue making it, but no, ZUN.

Marin The Magus

« Reply #914 on: August 22, 2010, 03:10:24 AM »
I'm pretty sure they won't. It will get forgotten in the future, and probably a new attempt of touhou anime will be made...

Tengukami

« Reply #915 on: August 22, 2010, 03:52:09 AM »
NForza met some of the Maikaze people recently, and he said there's a slim chance for episode 2 by winter Comiket. They have an art staff of one.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #916 on: August 22, 2010, 04:01:02 AM »
NForza met some of the Maikaze people recently, and he said there's a slim chance for episode 2 by winter Comiket. They have an art staff of one.

I'd kill to see it get made; I mean that kind of quality is NOT something you see often from doujin groups. (hell, it's not something you see too often from actual companies, but that's aside the point)

« Reply #917 on: August 22, 2010, 06:26:19 AM »
When you just see the title "Silent Star Wars" and think "Silent Sinner in ___" ...

Marin The Magus

« Reply #918 on: August 22, 2010, 07:07:16 AM »
um... My friend has some fairies that were left from her childhood...Why do they remind me of fairy wars and the fact that I can't unlock the extra stage even though I can win some of the games in lunatic!?

Drake

« Reply #919 on: August 22, 2010, 07:33:45 AM »
The game's been out for like a week already why don't I have Extra unlocked when I've beaten Lunatics on others I mean it isn't like I've already been playing the other games for over a year now or something!!!!! oh wait

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Marin The Magus

« Reply #920 on: August 22, 2010, 07:37:48 AM »
I played the other games also for a week and then I win the lunatic (actually, EoSD's lunatic is pretty easy once you understand that you bomb what you cannot dodge). I didn't need more than 10 hours to unlock perfect cherry blossom's extra. (It was in easy, for god's sake)

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #921 on: August 23, 2010, 12:17:23 PM »
When the first thing you do while waiting to leave for class is hop on here (like I'm doing right now, because it's better than waiting an hour on campus for things to become open).

Also, when you've managed to convert two (and somewhat convert one) people to Touhou.

Also (second 'also'), I just saw a sidebar... event... ad... thing... on facebook. It said something along the lines of "This September, Be Easy."

I read it as "This September, Take it Easy."

Also (the third one!), when you want to learn about new series partially due to finding about them in a Touhou video. Like this one. (Around 1:05, wait for the style change.)

It's also because I recall seeing that style somewhere, and it's gonna bug me until I watch/read the series... But mainly because of Fukumoto'd Hatate.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 12:22:01 PM by Pikbak »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #922 on: August 23, 2010, 01:20:17 PM »
Today's xkcd

The first panel.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

nomrice

« Reply #923 on: August 23, 2010, 02:36:57 PM »
When you Ipod is full of Touhou music and whatnot.
And when most of the pictures on you computer is Touhou related...
And the first thing you do in the morning on the computer is go to Youtube and listen to Touhou, or go on Danbooru in search of more Touhou pictures (Which I gotta stop).
And when you read this whole thread. 

Oh and when you want to make a Shanghai doll, wish I want to try doing,. When I'm not being lazy.

Marin The Magus

« Reply #924 on: August 23, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »
When it bothers you when you type "Fairy wars" in google and the first sites that appear aren't touhou xD

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #925 on: August 23, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »
Today's xkcd

The first panel.

I think I'm a bit slow, but I don't get it. *cough*

And, Mary, I'm... actually kinda surprised about that. This must be remedied!

(Seconding those danbooru binges, and now I kinda-know what t'do to make Pixiv work, so the addiction gets worse.  :V )

« Reply #926 on: August 23, 2010, 05:11:04 PM »
I think I'm a bit slow, but I don't get it. *cough*

Tengukami

Marin The Magus

« Reply #928 on: August 23, 2010, 05:33:42 PM »
el o el when I saw it I thought of ripple of 495 years xD and I was right xD

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #929 on: August 23, 2010, 05:36:59 PM »
In the interests of being slightly more helpful ...

OH! Ok, ok. Probably my lack of fighting Flan/no huge EoSD experience in general.

And the fact that I'm not totally 'here,' in the mental sense of the word.