Author Topic: Reisen Quest Furthermore: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80936 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Reisen Quest Furthermore: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: February 25, 2010, 02:16:52 AM »
> Consider if Yuugi has a good motive for beating us up for the gems, for reasons other than power.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #961 on: February 25, 2010, 02:19:47 AM »
> Consider if Yuugi has a good motive for beating us up for the gems, for reasons other than power.

>You consider if Yuugi would take them. As far as you know, if she wanted them originally, she probably could have claimed them for winning the fight. You're not sure if she even can take them from you now. Well, unless she tries to sever the connection between you and them by tearing your head off. But you don't think that's her style.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #962 on: February 25, 2010, 02:27:48 AM »
> "We're helping conduct some research on them, and Satori mentioned that you might know about Maya."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #963 on: February 25, 2010, 02:30:34 AM »
>You consider if Yuugi would take them. As far as you know, if she wanted them originally, she probably could have claimed them for winning the fight. You're not sure if she even can take them from you now. Well, unless she tries to sever the connection between you and them by tearing your head off. But you don't think that's her style.

>_

>Yuugi nods. "Huh. What kinda research? Only that she said she didn't want them falling into the wrong hands and stuff."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #964 on: February 25, 2010, 02:39:59 AM »
> "Apperently theirs sumthin special about them. I don't really know what though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #965 on: February 25, 2010, 02:47:56 AM »
> "Apperently theirs sumthin special about them. I don't really know what though."

>Yuugi frowns. Whether it is at your explanation or your miming of her hung-overness, you don't know. "I dunno... she said it's bad if someone like...I dunno...Utsuho got her hands on them."

>_

Chaore

« Reply #966 on: February 25, 2010, 02:59:01 AM »
> "...That would be correct, no doubt they could cause grievous harm in the wrong hands. I can assure you, however, I don't have any ill intent. These gems simply are something I wish to understand, not to use for any terrible purposes."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #967 on: February 25, 2010, 03:07:21 AM »
> "...That would be correct, no doubt they could cause grievous harm in the wrong hands. I can assure you, however, I don't have any ill intent. These gems simply are something I wish to understand, not to use for any terrible purposes."

>"Well...um...alright. Just keep it a secret or I'll pitch you a beating every day til you get them hid twice as good, got it? Anyways, she said she put them someplace where nobody goes. And I'm pretty sure I know what she meant. She probably put it where the Oni Eater lives."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #968 on: February 25, 2010, 03:12:47 AM »
>"...the Oni Eater?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #969 on: February 25, 2010, 03:20:15 AM »
>"...the Oni Eater?"

>Yuugi nods. "Yeah, can't tell you much about it. Only it lives up to the name. But its caverns is pretty much the one place we don't go, since the bleedin' thing will get ya. But if she hid something so it can't be found, I'd bet my horn that's where she put it at. But I'm not gonna tell you not to go, just don't expect nobody to give you a funeral if it gets you."
>"Anyways, you find it going west of the city, like. And...uh..." Yuugi moves her hands, probably trying to express directions, pausing every couple seconds. "...Go ask Nue, my zogging head hurts. She's got maps."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #970 on: February 25, 2010, 03:21:59 AM »
> "Does the Oni Eater only eat Oni, or is it called Oni Eater cause it's that powerful?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #971 on: February 25, 2010, 03:25:45 AM »
> "Does the Oni Eater only eat Oni, or is it called Oni Eater cause it's that powerful?"

>"Pretty sure it's both," says Yuugi. "Don't fancy it'll turn its nose up at other things, though."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #972 on: February 25, 2010, 03:26:31 AM »
> Thank her for her time and apologize for bothering her.
> Head for Nue's tavern.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #973 on: February 25, 2010, 03:33:58 AM »
> Thank her for her time and apologize for bothering her.
> Head for Nue's tavern.

>"Well, salright I guess." says Yuugi as she heads back in. "Haven't thought about Asskicker in forever."
>You leave the bridge, and return to the Ancient City and head for Nue's Tavern.
>Entering it, you see business has picked up a bit with the lunch crowd crowd; there are a good half-dozen oni here now. Nue nods to you as you enter.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #974 on: February 25, 2010, 03:38:50 AM »
> "Hiya Nue! Mind if I ask you some questions?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: February 25, 2010, 03:41:31 AM »
> "Hiya Nue! Mind if I ask you some questions?"

>"I suppose," says Nue, as she leans on the bar.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #976 on: February 25, 2010, 03:55:37 AM »
> "I hear that you have maps of the Underground.  I'm looking for a cave that supposedly the home of the 'Oni Eater' so I want to try and find it on the maps."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #977 on: February 25, 2010, 03:59:28 AM »
> "I hear that you have maps of the Underground.  I'm looking for a cave that supposedly the home of the 'Oni Eater' so I want to try and find it on the maps."

>Nue frowns deeply "Reisen, you don't wanna go there," she says. "Trust me. You really, really don't want to go there. That thing's been around as long as any of us can remember, and no one who's tried to beat it comes back. No one. And it only messes with people who go in its domain, so there's no real reason to even try it except bravado."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #978 on: February 25, 2010, 04:00:57 AM »
> Marvel that the oni in the room did not react to this declaration
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: February 25, 2010, 04:02:51 AM »
> Marvel that the oni in the room did not react to this declaration

>They're probably not paying attention. It's not as though you declared it at the top of your lungs.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #980 on: February 25, 2010, 04:11:40 AM »
> "I'll be honest Nue: do you see these gems I'm wearing on my ears?  There are 4 of them, and one is supposedly down here.  It was hidden some place where no one would ever find it, and that's the best place.  I'm not going in just for bravado, I'm going in to get that gem, and I'll be going in with a plan because I will be coming back out.  So, can you show me where it is?"

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #981 on: February 25, 2010, 04:15:35 AM »
> "Also, if your could spare details on this beast, that would make things easier for me. Weaknesses, things it would put all attention on, ignoring even a potential threat maybe?"

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #982 on: February 25, 2010, 04:24:06 AM »
things it would put all attention on, ignoring even a potential threat
Master Blech, anyone?

..... Can't think of anything for > _.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #983 on: February 25, 2010, 04:27:40 AM »
> "I'll be honest Nue: do you see these gems I'm wearing on my ears?  There are 4 of them, and one is supposedly down here.  It was hidden some place where no one would ever find it, and that's the best place.  I'm not going in just for bravado, I'm going in to get that gem, and I'll be going in with a plan because I will be coming back out.  So, can you show me where it is?"

>"I thought those looked weird on you..." says Nue. "Well, alright, if you have a reason. Just...don't fight that thing. I don't know if you can run from it and get away, but I am pretty sure you can't fight it. Gimme a couple minutes, I need to find the right map."
>She leaves the bar and disappears through a door into the back. A few minutes pass before she returns, bearing a rolled up paper. "I'll rent this to you, for 500☼" Nue says, playing the paper on the bar and unrolling it. "If you get it back to me, I'll give you...let's say 450☼ back, alright?"
>The map is fairly large, and you can quickly tell it's not complete, several spots run off the page. You pick out the Ancient city on it pretty quick, and a sizable blacked in area that simply reads, "No return." The path between the two is complex enough that you can't immediately pick it out. You aren't sure you can memorize it if you did know it.
>"Sound okay to you?"

> "Also, if your could spare details on this beast, that would make things easier for me. Weaknesses, things it would put all attention on, ignoring even a potential threat maybe?"

>"If we knew any weaknesses, we'd probably not worry so much about it," says Nue. "No one's seen it and live to tell the tale. All I can really say for sure is this is it's home," she gestures toward the blacken part of the map. "I've got no idea how large or small that is, just that no one's ever been able to tell me what's there, and I don't have the heart to go further myself. There's a story that you can smell lightning in the air when it's close, but anyone who tells that story never met it. But I wouldn't hang around if I smelled it. There's also a story that it's something that crawled out of Former Hell, but, well, no way to confirm it."

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #984 on: February 25, 2010, 04:29:12 AM »
>Get the legos, we're going in.
>Don't do this yet, in case other questions need to be asked.

Chaore

« Reply #985 on: February 25, 2010, 05:04:36 AM »
> "Well. You think it has a brain?"
> Screw Tewi, We're the ones with a real mind hax.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: February 25, 2010, 05:06:46 AM »
> "Well. You think it has a brain?"
> Screw Tewi, We're the ones with a real mind hax.

>"Probably," says Nue. "I can't imagine it's been so successful without one."
>_

Chaore

« Reply #987 on: February 25, 2010, 05:10:40 AM »
> "You'd be surprised..."
> Make a note to not take it on directly, then. If its not some kind of brainless freak, we can just trick it instead.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #988 on: February 25, 2010, 05:17:10 AM »
> "You'd be surprised..."
> Make a note to not take it on directly, then. If its not some kind of brainless freak, we can just trick it instead.

>"I suppose it could be some magic thing. I dunno. No one does."
>"So, you interested in the map? Because you're gonna want it if you don't know the passages well. You'll probably want a light, as well, it gets darker the deeper in your go."
>This seems like a good course of action no matter what you try.

>_

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #989 on: February 25, 2010, 01:13:57 PM »
>Take the map, pay the rent.

>"It's alright, I've learned some light magic."

>Might as well try if it is possible to create an orb of light on our hands right now.