Author Topic: Reisen Quest Furthermore: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80938 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Reisen Quest Furthermore: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #930 on: February 24, 2010, 11:30:16 PM »
> "If I didn't try something, he could have bumped the door, knocked Orin down, and that would either start the chase all over, quite possibly with Damaku involved, or result in Orin being caught. I'd hate to see what would have happened if he caught Orin."
> Lets try to get back to business.
> "As you can probaby tell, due to being able to read minds and all, I didn't just come here to scare Orin through use of a wolf."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #931 on: February 24, 2010, 11:38:38 PM »
> "Ah...  Well earlier today, he attacked me and Nitori when i tried to help her move some stuff, and the only way to calm him down was to use my ability to settle him down."

>She nods, and clicks her tongue a few times to get the wolf's attention. "Who's a hungry boy?" she says to him, "Who's a hungry boy?"

> "Brain Wavelength manipulation, mostly."
> ...Hey, isn't it possible to send a jamming signal to mess up her mind reads of us? This is, of course, assuming her eye 'Reads' wavelengths... Not that we'd need to worry, but I can think of things we'd want to keep to ourselves.

>She nods again.
>You consider trying to mess with Satori's mind reading. "I'd rather you not try," she says, "I got a good dose of what you did to the wolf."

> "If I didn't try something, he could have bumped the door, knocked Orin down, and that would either start the chase all over, quite possibly with Damaku involved, or result in Orin being caught. I'd hate to see what would have happened if he caught Orin."
> Lets try to get back to business.
> "As you can probaby tell, due to being able to read minds and all, I didn't just come here to scare Orin through use of a wolf."

>"Oh, I understand that," says Satori. "I meant before. He's become quite fascinated and frightened of you. I don't think he's ever met anything that smells like a rabbit before that's so directly overwhelmed him."
>"Ah, I can now," says Satori. "I tend to only catch surface thoughts, unless I try to dig a bit deeper. You're after...oh, Maya?"

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #932 on: February 24, 2010, 11:39:49 PM »
> "Maya?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #933 on: February 24, 2010, 11:45:35 PM »
> "Maya?"

>Satori nods, not looking away from the wolf. "She was a human who came down here some centuries ago. She was quite an impressive figure, I remember her clearly.
>"Oh, I see. You've made this poor puupy curious! No wonder he's following you. You beat him up, then you fed him. His little world has been turned completely upside down! You silly little roly pup! You're wondering if she has a pack, aren't you? Aren't you?"

>_
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:58:59 PM by Robespurvis »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #934 on: February 24, 2010, 11:56:30 PM »
> "Soooo... he's wondering if I'm like a pack leader or part of a pack or something? If living at Eientei counts, then I guess..."

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #935 on: February 24, 2010, 11:59:57 PM »
> "And technically being the alpha bunny..."
> Make a note to try and discover less harmful wavelength manipulation methods, if its that bad...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #936 on: February 25, 2010, 12:04:29 AM »
> "Soooo... he's wondering if I'm like a pack leader or part of a pack or something? If living at Eientei counts, then I guess..."

>"The former, I think," says Satori, as she tilts her head at the wolf. "It seems he's decided you must be a powerful leader. Hmmm. I may be able to help you manage him a bit better, if you want."

> "And technically being the alpha bunny..."
> Make a note to try and discover less harmful wavelength manipulation methods, if its that bad...

>"He doesn't know what you are, I don't think. Only that you have a rabbit smell. I don't think he understands youkai very well.
>You think you just went a little too far in messing with his senses to keep him from getting the cat. You make a mental note not to be so hard on him in the future.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #937 on: February 25, 2010, 12:09:42 AM »
> "I think you helping me manage him would be extremly helpful, I don't want to end up doing something bad to him, he's cute and he's a doggy, I like cute and kinda like doggies :)."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #938 on: February 25, 2010, 12:16:40 AM »
> "I think you helping me manage him would be extremly helpful, I don't want to end up doing something bad to him, he's cute and he's a doggy, I like cute and kinda like doggies :)."

>Admittedly, it is nice to have a canine that isn't barking at you the whole time.
>She nods. "It'll take me some time, but I think I've convinced him to stay here and that you'll come back for him."
>"As for your other questions, I am not sure what Maya did with the gems. This was the first place she came, and she visited me before she got rid of any of them. She wanted to drop them in Former Hell, but changed her mind when she learned that it wouldn't have made them very secure. I think she decided to ask people in town for better ideas after that, I never saw her again. I would ask people who have been around here a long time, they might know better than I do."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #939 on: February 25, 2010, 12:42:52 AM »
> "So ask people like Yuugi, Kisume, Parsee, and Yamame?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #940 on: February 25, 2010, 12:51:41 AM »
>"I know Yuugi's been here for a long time," says Satori. "So has Parsee. The others, I'm not so sure about. There's probably who've been down here long enough to remember Maya, too."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #941 on: February 25, 2010, 12:53:34 AM »
> "Would your sister know anything?  Or any of your pets?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #942 on: February 25, 2010, 01:01:10 AM »
> "Would your sister know anything?  Or any of your pets?"

>"I've not see Koishi for a very long time," says Satori, "I can't tell you anything about her. Okuu and Orin are unlikely to know anything, they're much too young. I would think if they found a gem, they would take it."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #943 on: February 25, 2010, 01:04:04 AM »
> "I see...  Well thanks for the info.  I'll see if I can find someone who knows anything."
> Bid Satori farewell.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #944 on: February 25, 2010, 01:07:52 AM »
> "I see...  Well thanks for the info.  I'll see if I can find someone who knows anything."
> Bid Satori farewell.

>You bid Satori farewell. She nods. "Come back after you're done searching for the gem. I should have this little guy through finishing school by then."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #945 on: February 25, 2010, 01:14:19 AM »
> Nod.
> Head for the Felt and ask around to see if we can find Yuugi.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #946 on: February 25, 2010, 01:22:21 AM »
> Nod.
> Head for the Felt and ask around to see if we can find Yuugi.

>You return to The Felt. The restaurant area is full to bursting now, with waiters gliding between tables and the general babble of conversation making it hard to say much of anything. The band plays on in the back, Lyrica having joined with her sisters.
>Asking around, you learn that Yuugi has left for the day and is "down for the count", in the staff's exact words. She'll probably be back sometime in the early evening to post-midnight.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #947 on: February 25, 2010, 01:23:31 AM »
> Head for the Underground's bridge.
> See if Parsee is willing to converse in her state.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #948 on: February 25, 2010, 01:28:17 AM »
> Head for the Underground's bridge.
> See if Parsee is willing to converse in her state.

>You return to the subterranean river. The bridge is still empty. Looking below it, you can't tell if the house is empty or not. There are no lights on, but if Parsee is asleep there would be a reason for that.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #949 on: February 25, 2010, 01:31:53 AM »
> Knock on the door just in case.

Chaore

« Reply #950 on: February 25, 2010, 01:35:01 AM »
> Contemplate how easily you could make Parsee your mind slave.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #951 on: February 25, 2010, 01:45:49 AM »
> Knock on the door just in case.

>You knock on the door.
>"Jussa minute..." comes a voice inside.

> Contemplate how easily you could make Parsee your mind slave.

>Not easily at all. Such things are quite far beyond your abilities.
>As you consider things, the door opens. Yuugi stands there, wearing a half-knotted, mostly closed ratty pink bathrobe. She leans on the door frame, and squints at you. "Yeah wha?" she says.

>_
>_

Chaore

« Reply #952 on: February 25, 2010, 01:47:59 AM »
> Welp we shoulda expected that. Act like we did.
> Be kind and apologize for the bit of inconvenient timing, but also explain whats going on.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #953 on: February 25, 2010, 01:53:35 AM »
> Welp we shoulda expected that. Act like we did.
> Be kind and apologize for the bit of inconvenient timing, but also explain whats going on.

>This really doesn't surprise you as much it would in similar cases with other people. At least you have a better idea what Yuugi was trying to hush up back when you caught them leaving The Felt.
>You apologize for the poor timing. "Yeah yeah, salrigh', thanks." Yuugi answers.
>You try to explain the story as concisely as possible. Yuugi nods, her eyes going in and out of focus and wandering sometimes. "Fuck that's a lotta words," she says at length. "So you're looking for some jewels some human dumped a while back? Uh...I don't know anyone like- wait! You mean Asskicker, right?"

>_

Chaore

« Reply #954 on: February 25, 2010, 01:55:12 AM »
> "I heard her name was Maya, but she might have easily taken up that nickname. In fact, I'd probably bet on it."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #955 on: February 25, 2010, 01:55:29 AM »
> "Asskicker?"
> Wonder how strong this human actually was.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #956 on: February 25, 2010, 02:01:03 AM »
> Ponder who might be suitable partners for us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #957 on: February 25, 2010, 02:07:54 AM »
> "Asskicker?"
> Wonder how strong this human actually was.

> "I heard her name was Maya, but she might have easily taken up that nickname. In fact, I'd probably bet on it."

>"Yeah, that sounds about right." says Yuugi, grinning warming up to the topic. "Zoggin' hell, that was back in the day. But I remember her real good. Came into the City, just as natural as could be. That was back when y' just didn't do that kind of thing, see? So I figured I'd kidnap her. Been a while since thing, see? So I go up to her and give her the whole, 'You're mine, puny human!' spiel. And know what she does? Just says 'Okay' and had at me with that zogging sword of hers! Wasn't even one of those special ones, just the kind any old good blacksmith can make. Got me pretty bad, too. Finally, though, I get the sword away from her, and I'm thinking, 'Ha! She's mine now'. Then she went and bloody well decks me right in the tit! Don't even want to think what the look on my face must've been. Anyways, I still had her. But she went down swinging, I'll have you know. I won, but hell if I didn't need to get patched up too. Good enough to be called asskicker if she can go toe to toe with me for awhile, so far as I'm concerned!"

> Ponder who might be suitable partners for us.

>It's probably rude to consider things like that when talking with someone you just kicked out of bed.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #958 on: February 25, 2010, 02:13:27 AM »
> We didn't kick, we knocked.
> "Did Asskicker have any kind of gems on her that you remember?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #959 on: February 25, 2010, 02:16:00 AM »
> We didn't kick, we knocked.
> "Did Asskicker have any kind of gems on her that you remember?"

>"Yeah, I think she was looking to hide 'em somewhere. I know she dumped off one. Said she put it where she didn't think anyone was likely to get to it. Why're you asking?"