Author Topic: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 90042 times)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #840 on: December 17, 2009, 07:08:05 PM »
> "You know, I kind of like Flandre not being a robot and all that other fun stuff.  Why would I want to help you anyway?  I could just as easily forget about you.  And what kind of guarantee could you give me that things are going to stay the same?"
> "And why does Suwako remember you?  What did you pray to her for?"

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #841 on: December 17, 2009, 07:08:44 PM »
>"What the hell do you even WANT?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #842 on: December 17, 2009, 07:12:31 PM »
>But if the history is wrong, that can cause problems. Things might seem better but...history is something you don't mess with!
> Sigh, and then say "Would you like to return to reality and try to repent? No guarantees but...I want you back in reality!"

>"Heh. Like it's an option either way. Personally, I want you all to burn!"
>There is a pause. "No wait. I didn't mean that."
>"But yeah...Miss History in there doesn't even know I existed. So I'm pretty much stuck like this; I don't even know if I still have a soul! Trust me, I tried getting into Higan and Hakagyokurou, and no dice."

>"Are your eyebrows connected, and do you have a gold tooth?"

>"I don't even have a body to have those sorts of things."

> I call shenanigans, parser. Keine can hear us just fine, as she's just in the other room.

>Let's see how well you hear after getting into a bunch of oni fights.

>or we can just go tell her about the voices in our head

>You could.

> "You know, I kind of like Flandre not being a robot and all that other fun stuff.  Why would I want to help you anyway?  I could just as easily forget about you.  And what kind of guarantee could you give me that things are going to stay the same?"
> "And why does Suwako remember you?  What did you pray to her for?"

>"You could. It might even help me along, for all I know. But, if I get too bored. Well...there is one other person who hears me. And I can tell her about the tattoo. Yeah. I know about that."
>Another pause. "Forget I said that. I don't know what came over me."

>"What the hell do you even WANT?"

>"That's a good question. What I want is...out. I don't even care what it means for me! I'm not even a part of reality anymore! This is the second conversation I've even had!"

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #843 on: December 17, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »
>"Let's see what Keine thinks, at the very least."
>go find her!
>"Keine, sorry for being rude. I appear to have found that 'Jeff K. Anon' person. The problem is that apparently I'm the only one that can hear him, and I don't see anything. He's mentioned not even knowing if he has a soul."
>"He also said that this was caused by asking you to erase him from history, with a variety of... unanticipated consequences. I'm assuming he insisted on you making yourself forget as well for some reason, or that being another side effect."
>"I'm not entirely certain why I was exempt from this... but I'm guessing it was overlooked somehow. Maybe I was... asleep? Injured? Just not involved?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #844 on: December 17, 2009, 08:11:24 PM »
>"Let's see what Keine thinks, at the very least."
>go find her!
>"Keine, sorry for being rude. I appear to have found that 'Jeff K. Anon' person. The problem is that apparently I'm the only one that can hear him, and I don't see anything. He's mentioned not even knowing if he has a soul."
>"He also said that this was caused by asking you to erase him from history, with a variety of... unanticipated consequences. I'm assuming he insisted on you making yourself forget as well for some reason, or that being another side effect."
>"I'm not entirely certain why I was exempt from this... but I'm guessing it was overlooked somehow. Maybe I was... asleep? Injured? Just not involved?"

>"As you like, Mukyu."
>"...Sorry, I didn't mean that."
>"Forget that, I totally meant it!"
>You head upstairs, and find Keine poking around in the kitchen. "I'm...not sensing anything," she says to you as you enter, "There's something weird, but the history here feels alright."
>You make a quick explanation. Keine frowns. "Erase him from history? I...wouldn't do that. And...hm. Forgotting him, too? Well. I suppose I might try to make it so that no one remembers a person, if the circumstances called upon it. This is a whole lot to swallow, you understand? And if he was erased, like you said, why are you hearing him? Why is he even there?"
>The voice speaks up, not far from you. "You want to know what I think about you remembering? I think it was one part you being in a coma at the time, and another part that damn vampire!"

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #845 on: December 17, 2009, 08:18:49 PM »
>glance over at Jeff's voice
>"Aaaaand there he goes saying that it was from me being in a coma, somehow, and blaming Remilia. I suppose fate COULD be a way around it... but her, too?"
>"And I'm aware I must seem quite insane, Keine. I've been acting rather odd all day, in all honesty. I thought it was just this damnable heat, but we might be onto something, here."

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #846 on: December 17, 2009, 08:32:06 PM »
>"I suspect Koishi might be able to hear him as well, actually. He's said that he talks to someone else, and Koishi is the only person down here that I think could do that. Unless you have any ideas?"

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #847 on: December 17, 2009, 08:34:43 PM »
> "Jeff K. Anon, if you're still there, what do you know about a man known as... Adahn?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #848 on: December 17, 2009, 08:48:06 PM »
>glance over at Jeff's voice
>"Aaaaand there he goes saying that it was from me being in a coma, somehow, and blaming Remilia. I suppose fate COULD be a way around it... but her, too?"
>"And I'm aware I must seem quite insane, Keine. I've been acting rather odd all day, in all honesty. I thought it was just this damnable heat, but we might be onto something, here."

>"I suspected that Remilia might be involved, back when you first talked about him," says Keine. "That makes things significantly more complicated..."
>"Hey, don't blame me for your acting like a boob," says the voice. "That's all you."

>"I suspect Koishi might be able to hear him as well, actually. He's said that he talks to someone else, and Koishi is the only person down here that I think could do that. Unless you have any ideas?"

>"Oh god no," says the voice. "I was talking about Rumia. She wandered in here a month or so back. And before you ask, no she's not gathering up those Secret Items for me. I don't know what she's up to with that. And how about a hug?"
>"...Never mind that."

> "Jeff K. Anon, if you're still there, what do you know about a man known as... Adahn?"

>"Experience changes a man."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #849 on: December 17, 2009, 08:50:25 PM »
>"Wait, Rumia? You talked to Rumia a month ago...?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #850 on: December 17, 2009, 09:20:47 PM »
>"Wait, Rumia? You talked to Rumia a month ago...?"

>"Yes. You think I'm lying? She didn't recognize me, though, so not a while lot came out of it. Go drown yourself in the sink."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #851 on: December 17, 2009, 09:26:29 PM »
>"And I don't suppose you have any idea why SHE could hear you? Keine, did Rumia do anything odd a month ago? She goes to your school, right?"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #852 on: December 17, 2009, 09:29:17 PM »
>Wait...Rumia was in a coma, induced by running into trees, wasn't she?
> Hug Jeff K Anon
> @Keine: What makes it complicated?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #853 on: December 17, 2009, 09:46:01 PM »
>"And I don't suppose you have any idea why SHE could hear you? Keine, did Rumia do anything odd a month ago? She goes to your school, right?"

>"Rumia is a very sweet child," says Keine. "But asking about her doing odd things is rather like asking about Yukari hibernating. She does so many silly things I couldn't hope to keep track of them all. As for why...well..."
>"It's because she got all messed up from eating those bees," says the voice.
>"...it might be that Rumia was around before the first real change to history." Keine continues, not aware of that interjection. "She's older than she looks. She's just...uneducated. But she may have been around before the first changes took place. Maybe not, though. That wouldn't explain you. Have you asked Kaguya or Yukari?"

>Wait...Rumia was in a coma, induced by running into trees, wasn't she?
> Hug Jeff K Anon
> @Keine: What makes it complicated?

>You think Rumia had bashed her head a bit, during that series of events.
>You try to hug the voice, but there's nothing substantial to hug. You aren't even sure where it's at; or if there is anything for it to be at with.
>"That kind of force," Keine says, shaking her head after the odd look she gave you while you tried to hug the air, "has a tendency to shuffle events so that the desired outcome happens. It wouldn't be a problem, except that I don't think Remilia does it consciously. She just causes it to happen. And, if it gets mixed into my work...well...it can reach back to affect things that have already happened."

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #854 on: December 17, 2009, 09:47:54 PM »
>So...should we try to fix it? Or should we just let Jeff alone, and try to forget him as he so desires?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #855 on: December 17, 2009, 09:51:49 PM »
>"I haven't spoken with Yukari, but that would probably be a good idea if we wanted to risk our lives to figure this out. Kaguya... I talked with her a while ago, but I'm not sure I asked her about Jeff. And Suwako reacted curiously as well... would she be ancient enough to have the same excuse as Rumia?"
>"But I guess the bit about 'affecting what's already happened' is more worrying. Willing to spare any details about problems that might cause?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #856 on: December 17, 2009, 10:03:47 PM »
>So...should we try to fix it? Or should we just let Jeff alone, and try to forget him as he so desires?

>"I think...if you are looking help this person, there won't be much I can do." says Keine. "If I can't even find who or what he was, and there's no record of it, there's not a lot I can do. You'll have to find another solution. I...might tentatively suggest trying to take him to Yuyuko."

>"I haven't spoken with Yukari, but that would probably be a good idea if we wanted to risk our lives to figure this out. Kaguya... I talked with her a while ago, but I'm not sure I asked her about Jeff. And Suwako reacted curiously as well... would she be ancient enough to have the same excuse as Rumia?"
>"But I guess the bit about 'affecting what's already happened' is more worrying. Willing to spare any details about problems that might cause?"

>"I never met Yukari," says the voice. "Unless Ran mentioned me to her, she's got no reason to know who I am."
>Keine shrugs. "I can't say about Suwako. Deities are...a bit ahistorical themselves, so to speak. I can't really tamper with them even if I wanted to."
>"Imagine trying to change an event in history, only to have it spring back into place and then influence everything else that was affected by the change you already made. It's a complex problem."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #857 on: December 17, 2009, 10:14:58 PM »
>"Even if you never met her, Jeff, Yukari IS the default to blame the inexplicable on. Maybe she thought it would be funny."
>"And that sounds about like what changing history would be like normally, Keine. Does it not happen that way in a lot of cases?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #858 on: December 17, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »
>"Even if you never met her, Jeff, Yukari IS the default to blame the inexplicable on. Maybe she thought it would be funny."
>"And that sounds about like what changing history would be like normally, Keine. Does it not happen that way in a lot of cases?"

> You can almost hear the shrug in the voice's tone. "Eh. She might. She's certainly sadistic enough for it."
>"Yes," says Keine, "but that's just an extra factor on top of all the problems I've mentioned to make it even worse."

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #859 on: December 17, 2009, 10:51:31 PM »
>Well Jeff, what do you want? Do you want to stop existing entirely or do you want to return to reality and maybe give life a second shot? It takes a while, but repentance isn't amazingly difficult.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #860 on: December 17, 2009, 10:54:27 PM »
>"Though it may be best to try and do so without screwing with history again... I'm a bit wary of some of the things he described as remembering. I'm not sure I like the idea of Reimu with a gambling parlor, or Flandre acting like a robot."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #861 on: December 17, 2009, 11:12:03 PM »
> Ponder how to take Jeff with you.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #862 on: December 17, 2009, 11:14:47 PM »
>Well Jeff, what do you want? Do you want to stop existing entirely or do you want to return to reality and maybe give life a second shot? It takes a while, but repentance isn't amazingly difficult.

>"At this point I don't care," says the voice. "Anything will work. Maybe, though...I'd like to move on. Cross the river and all that."

>"Though it may be best to try and do so without screwing with history again... I'm a bit wary of some of the things he described as remembering. I'm not sure I like the idea of Reimu with a gambling parlor, or Flandre acting like a robot."

>Keine nods. "That is a frightening timeline indeed."

> Ponder how to take Jeff with you.

>He claims to have been following you.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #863 on: December 17, 2009, 11:19:53 PM »
>"Well, I'm not sure why I asked, but Reimu DID give me directions to Hakugyokuro. She was rather insistent on having a good reason to visit, but I think this would work. Maybe I'll talk to her first."
>"Still, before I head back to the surface, I should talk with Utsuho about how to handle visiting the sun and that... Tellidium or whatever it was Nitori wanted."
>shake head
>"But I suppose that's beside the point. Think this was the history problem you're worried about, Keine?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #864 on: December 17, 2009, 11:46:52 PM »
>"Well, I'm not sure why I asked, but Reimu DID give me directions to Hakugyokuro. She was rather insistent on having a good reason to visit, but I think this would work. Maybe I'll talk to her first."
>"Still, before I head back to the surface, I should talk with Utsuho about how to handle visiting the sun and that... Tellidium or whatever it was Nitori wanted."
>shake head
>"But I suppose that's beside the point. Think this was the history problem you're worried about, Keine?"
> If Keine's answer is affirmative, bid farewell to her and head for Utsuho.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #865 on: December 17, 2009, 11:56:08 PM »
>shake head

>Keine nods. "Well, I suppose that would be the best idea. With the barrier weak as it is, it's a lot easier, and cheaper to visit Hakugyokorou than Higan or Makai, or anyplace else like that."
>"I guess so. It certainly sounds like it." She shrugs. "I don't know what I can do about it, though. I suppose the vacation was nice, though."

> If Keine's answer is affirmative, bid farewell to her and head for Utsuho.

>You part with Keine and head for Blazing Hell.
>"I'll be following you," says the voice, "But you won't be able to hear me. About the only place I can talk with people is here. This is where we did it, you see. It's the last place I was a person."
>You pass through the Palace of the Earth Spirits, where Lyrica is still performing, and go into the Courtyard. Descending down, you find Utsuho still watching the burning lake. "Oh, hi there, Patchy!" she says as you approach, "Need anything?"

>_

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #866 on: December 18, 2009, 12:02:46 AM »
> Ask Utsuho about Tellidium and explain the whole sun situation.
> Inventory
> Quests

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #867 on: December 18, 2009, 12:06:01 AM »
>"Ah, no, it was Tritium, I think. Things keep running together..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #868 on: December 18, 2009, 12:20:20 AM »
> Ask Utsuho about Tellidium and explain the whole sun situation.
> Inventory
> Quests

>"Ah, no, it was Tritium, I think. Things keep running together..."

>"Telli-what now?"
>"Oh! Heavy water," says Utsuho. "Yeah, I use that stuff to make power. Kanako won't let me have much of it anymore. Good things spellcards don't need much of it."
>You explain that sun is going weird. "Oh, huh..." says Utsuho. "Uh, it wasn't me. I swear! Anything I can do to help out?"
>Your Inventory contains:
>Suspiciously Sleepwear-Like Witch Gown (worn as clothes)
>Witch Cap (Worn as Hat)
>Metal Sign: Metal Fatigue (Used)
>List of Anti-Humidity Spell components.
>Ballpoint Pen
>Pad of Paper
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon
>Fire & Earth Sign: Lava Cromlech
>Blessing of the Great Destructor
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine (Used)
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine High Level
>Wood Sign: Sylphae Horn High Level (Used)
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon High Level
>Water Sign: Bury in Lake (Destroyed)
>Earth Sign: Trilithon Shake (Used)
>Metal Sign: Silver Dragon
>Wood and Fire Sign: Forest Blaze
>Wood and Water Sign: Water Elf (Used)
>Earth and Metal Sign: Emerald Megalith
>Moon Sign: Silent Selene (Used)
>9 ☼
>Lucky Coin
>Banson's Aria
>AOL Disk with a Cardboard Sleeve
>Ladle
>Floating Trumpet
>Half of a Grilled Lamprey Sandwich
>Tiger Cub Pin (wore as accessory)
>Rattling Box
>Ran's Cap
>Explosion Sign: Mega Flare (Used)
>Flywheel Parts List
>Sparkling Prism
>Electric Train Set
>Wheel
>Secret Glass
>Shoddy Drawing
>Secret Vest
>Ruined Hat
>Your current quests are:
>Destroy All Humidity
>Eight Force
>Secret Collect!
>Get Rid of That Stupid Tattoo
>Flandre's Present.
>Making Amends
>Get a Map of Gensokyo
>Fly, O Wheel!
>Reunite the Prismrivers
>Far Beyond the Sun
>Out of time, out of mind.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #869 on: December 18, 2009, 12:40:49 AM »
> "It'd be nice if you could supply us with a bit of that Tritium."