Author Topic: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 89294 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #660 on: December 13, 2009, 09:51:19 PM »
> Listen closely for rustling.

>There is still rustling, but it's from a different tree.

>smack forehead for forgetting about the Medicine scheme
>call out a greeting to the noisy tree

>You smack your forehead. Stupid, stupid Patchouli!
>"Sorry, I'm a little busy right now," the noisy thing in the tree answers.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #661 on: December 13, 2009, 10:14:22 PM »
> Try to identify the owner of the voice.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #662 on: December 13, 2009, 10:18:46 PM »
> Try to identify the owner of the voice.

>You've not heard it before. Then again, you know most people by sight rather than sound; being something of a recluse hearing stories secondhand and all.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #663 on: December 13, 2009, 10:33:43 PM »
> Attempt to obtain a visual of the owner of the voice.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #664 on: December 13, 2009, 10:41:20 PM »
> Attempt to obtain a visual of the owner of the voice.

>You stare upwards for a bit, and can affirm this person is wearing red, and seems to be standing on a branch too narrow to support a normal person's weight.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #665 on: December 13, 2009, 10:43:57 PM »
>Does it sound like Chen? Saw her earlier...
>if not, walk around under the tree a bit to try and get a better look and see what they're up to, or if anything happens
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #666 on: December 13, 2009, 10:49:41 PM »
> "Shizuha?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #667 on: December 13, 2009, 11:03:07 PM »
>Does it sound like Chen? Saw her earlier...
>if not, walk around under the tree a bit to try and get a better look and see what they're up to, or if anything happens

>It could be Chen. But she was dozing in a field earlier.
>You have more or less already done this.

> "Shizuha?"

>"Yes?"

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #668 on: December 13, 2009, 11:23:36 PM »
>"I thought so. I'm hoping to help solve the problem with this damnable heat wave. I already talked with your sister, earlier. What have you found out?"
>"On my end, I've heard that Nitori thinks there's something wrong with the sun, and wants to send someone up to investigate. She's working on a rocket, but I'm not sure how navigation and safety would work out. She said that power for it could be handled with a god's help, which I assume wouldn't be a huge problem, but I'd rather solve the other problems first."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #669 on: December 13, 2009, 11:37:36 PM »
>"I thought so. I'm hoping to help solve the problem with this damnable heat wave. I already talked with your sister, earlier. What have you found out?"
>"On my end, I've heard that Nitori thinks there's something wrong with the sun, and wants to send someone up to investigate. She's working on a rocket, but I'm not sure how navigation and safety would work out. She said that power for it could be handled with a god's help, which I assume wouldn't be a huge problem, but I'd rather solve the other problems first."

>Shizuha steps from the tree, not disturbing the leaves, and gently drifts down before you.  "I'm glad someone has taken an interest! What can I tell you? Well, the forest is fine. It doesn't seem to be that the land itself is resisting winter. So, I suppose Nitori would be onto something with the sun. It's a little outside of my jurisdiction, you understand. I suppose I should help with this rocket of yours, though. It would reflect poorly on Minoriko and I if the season drug on too long. I remember when poor Letty and Lily were beaten up much for spring being late.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #670 on: December 14, 2009, 12:00:20 AM »
>shrug
>"I'm afraid my interest is mostly to avoid the ink smearing in my books, and I'd like a Sun Shard to make a spell to eliminate that problem without bothering with the weather, but I've grown tired of the mess either way. Regardless."
>"Visiting the sun is a huge unknown for almost all of Gensokyo, I think. I do use Sun signs, but encountering them is... dangerous. I survived a visit with Utsuho, but I'm not eager to repeat the experience. I wasn't considering the rocket at that point, but I'm not sure how helpful she'd be. I talked to Kanako since she helped Utsuho get her power in the first place, but she simply found the sun god underground, even though I'm not sure that makes sense..."
>"... and Keine was worried about some history change underground..."
>"I think I'm going to have to visit there again. Would you like to come along?"
>ask about Secret Items

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #671 on: December 14, 2009, 12:33:54 AM »
>shrug
>"I'm afraid my interest is mostly to avoid the ink smearing in my books, and I'd like a Sun Shard to make a spell to eliminate that problem without bothering with the weather, but I've grown tired of the mess either way. Regardless."
>"Visiting the sun is a huge unknown for almost all of Gensokyo, I think. I do use Sun signs, but encountering them is... dangerous. I survived a visit with Utsuho, but I'm not eager to repeat the experience. I wasn't considering the rocket at that point, but I'm not sure how helpful she'd be. I talked to Kanako since she helped Utsuho get her power in the first place, but she simply found the sun god underground, even though I'm not sure that makes sense..."
>"... and Keine was worried about some history change underground..."
>"I think I'm going to have to visit there again. Would you like to come along?"
>ask about Secret Items

>"Well, I'll take what I can get as far as interest goes," says Shizuha.
>She nods along. "Well, someone had to be the first person to Makai, I suppose. I've never met Utsuho myself, but I don't hear good things. And, if I recall, Yatagarasu had passed on."
>She nods idly as you mention Keine.
>"I'd rather avoid it, there's not much in the way of falling leaves there. And if Nitori is going to need me to help her with that rocket of hers, I should probably see what she'll need."
>"Oh, I don't pay much attention to those, either. Maybe you should ask Rinnosuke? He's quite adept at finding things."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #672 on: December 14, 2009, 12:45:09 AM »
>"He did have one, but a certain girl hanging around the human village has been asking for them. She's given me some much more interesting trinkets in return for the ones I've found, so I've found it worthwhile enough."
>"And that's fine, go ahead and talk with Nitori. Oh, and tell her that I talked with the tengu about having Aya come along; she'll probably be able to stand in if I'm not satisfied with the rocket's safety procedures."
>if Shizuha has no questions, sisfist Mystia on the way to the Underground

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #673 on: December 14, 2009, 01:06:37 AM »
> Before we go to the Underground, go to where we last saw Lyrica and see if she's interested in performing for Satori.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #674 on: December 14, 2009, 01:14:49 AM »
>Ask about Jeff K Anon.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #675 on: December 14, 2009, 01:29:37 AM »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #676 on: December 14, 2009, 02:23:22 AM »
>"He did have one, but a certain girl hanging around the human village has been asking for them. She's given me some much more interesting trinkets in return for the ones I've found, so I've found it worthwhile enough."
>"And that's fine, go ahead and talk with Nitori. Oh, and tell her that I talked with the tengu about having Aya come along; she'll probably be able to stand in if I'm not satisfied with the rocket's safety procedures."
>if Shizuha has no questions, sisfist Mystia on the way to the Underground

>"I'll do that shortly, then," says Shizuha. "And...Aya? Well, I suppose she's quite capable."
>You Sisfist Mystia on the way to the Underground. "Proper." She says with an approving nod.

> Before we go to the Underground, go to where we last saw Lyrica and see if she's interested in performing for Satori.

>You take a detour, and find Lyrica seems to have found a new set of sounds..
>You ask her about performing for Satori, "Hell yes!" she says, stopping her song and leaning forward so much that if her keyboard wasn't already airborne she'd probably knock it over. "How much, how much?!"

>Ask about Jeff K Anon.

>"Still don't know anything," says Lyrica. "Now c'mon, how much?"

>Cut, cut through confusion

>Even if you did have a sword, it wouldn't be nice to sword up Lyrica after she showed interest your proposal.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #677 on: December 14, 2009, 02:27:32 AM »
> "Uh, I'm not sure.  I never discussed price with her, but she seems pretty desperate to to hear live music that isn't an oni party jam, so you might be able to negotiate with her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #678 on: December 14, 2009, 02:30:58 AM »
> "Uh, I'm not sure.  I never discussed price with her, but she seems pretty desperate to to hear live music that isn't an oni party jam, so you might be able to negotiate with her."

>"Hot damn!" And off Lyrica goes, keyboard struggling to keep up.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #679 on: December 14, 2009, 02:33:39 AM »
> Guess we're going with her.  To Satori's we go!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #680 on: December 14, 2009, 02:56:33 AM »
> Guess we're going with her.  To Satori's we go!

>You follow her as closely as can, which isn't particularly close given that you're not much of a sprinter and really not much of an endurance runner. She quickly outpaces you.
>However, you catch up to her shortly afterwards some distance down the tunnel leading to the Ancient City, as Kisume perched on her back and rifling through her pockets.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #681 on: December 14, 2009, 03:00:57 AM »
> Remind self to make new nonspell danmaku as soon as possible
> Wait, why can't we use it anyway? Ours was a nonspell, Marisa's is a spell. Didn't she copy it, rather than taking something that prevents us from using it? How exactly does a nonspell get stolen to become unuseable anyway? And we also had two versions of it before...
> Attempt to grab Kisume
> If successful, take her to the oni clinic

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #682 on: December 14, 2009, 03:00:58 AM »
> Yell "Hey!  Get off of her!" at Kisume.
> If she turns towards you, scream "Water Sign: Bury in Lake!" in hopes that it will scare her enough to scamper off.
> If not, hit her repeatedly with the ladle.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #683 on: December 14, 2009, 03:05:01 AM »
> Remind self to make new nonspell danmaku as soon as possible
> Wait, why can't we use it anyway? Ours was a nonspell, Marisa's is a spell. Didn't she copy it, rather than taking something that prevents us from using it? How exactly does a nonspell get stolen anyway?
> Attempt to grab Kisume
> If successful, take her to the oni clinic

>You dash forward, and catch Kisume off guard. Before she can scamper off, you grab her by the handle. "Daggoonit, leggo!" she shouts, and starts rocking back and forth to try and wriggle out of your grip.
>Lyrica groans. You think it was a thanks.

> Yell "Hey!  Get off of her!" at Kisume.
> If she turns towards you, scream "Water Sign: Bury in Lake!" in hopes that it will scare her enough to scamper off.
> If not, hit her repeatedly with the ladle.

>"I am off her!" she says. "Leggo, jerk!"
>You beat Kisume with the ladle. She guards her head with her arms, and stops trying to escape your grasp for the moment.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #684 on: December 14, 2009, 03:40:58 AM »
> Stop hitting Kisume.
> Make sure Lyrica is OK, and ask if she can stand up.
> If she can, have her come with us to the oni clinic to drop off Kisume.
> If not, take the keyboard so no one can steal it.
> Look in the bucket so we can finally know what the bottom part of Kisume looks like.
> On the walk to the clinic try and get Kisume to give up anything she stole from Lyrica.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #685 on: December 14, 2009, 03:45:59 AM »
> Stop hitting Kisume.
> Make sure Lyrica is OK, and ask if she can stand up.
> If she can, have her come with us to the oni clinic to drop off Kisume.
> If not, take the keyboard so no one can steal it.
> Look in the bucket so we can finally know what the bottom part of Kisume looks like.
> On the walk to the clinic try and get Kisume to give up anything she stole from Lyrica.

>You stop beating Kisume.
>Hourai is presently helping Lyrica stand up. She looks mostly okay.
>You peek into the bucket. It looks as though Kisume wearing a simple robe and kneeling inside the bucket. She also seems to have a cigar-box banjo and some old rags in there.
>"I didn't take nothin'!" says Kisume, trying to wriggle the bucket out of your grasp again. "Not like she even had anything to take!"
>You continue toward the city.

>_

« Reply #686 on: December 14, 2009, 04:30:51 AM »
Ask Lyrica to check her belongings.
Ponder why we're taking Kisume to the Oni Clinic with us anyway...
See if Keine is around and try to seem as unassuming as possible, hard to be stealthy with a piano player and bucket girl I guess...

Toasty

« Reply #687 on: December 14, 2009, 04:42:08 AM »
>hurry to the clinic so kisume can be used to catch vomit. Don't tell kisume of your intentions. In fact, when we get there, shove her in the place of a bucket that's about to be used so she has little choice.

>Ask lyrica if she knows moonlight sonata

>Spit in bucket.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #688 on: December 14, 2009, 04:46:25 AM »
>Spit in bucket.

> We don't hate Kisume, so let's not be horrible to her.
> Ask Kisume why she kept trying to drop on us earlier.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #689 on: December 14, 2009, 04:50:26 AM »
Ask Lyrica to check her belongings.
Ponder why we're taking Kisume to the Oni Clinic with us anyway...
See if Keine is around and try to seem as unassuming as possible, hard to be stealthy with a piano player and bucket girl I guess...

>_

>hurry to the clinic so kisume can be used to catch vomit. Don't tell kisume of your intentions. In fact, when we get there, shove her in the place of a bucket that's about to be used so she has little choice.

>Ask lyrica if she knows moonlight sonata

>Spit in bucket.

>You hurry to the Ancient City. Lyrica continues onward, "I'll meet you at the palace!" she says, before dashing further inward.
>You go to the clinic, and search for an oni about to fill her bucket. It seems to be rather placid at the moment, though. "What're you taking me here for?"

>Spit in bucket.

> We don't hate Kisume, so let's not be horrible to her.
> Ask Kisume why she kept trying to drop on us earlier.

>Good idea, she'd probably shout and there are a lot of hung over oni in here.
>"So I could rob you," she says. Then she adds, in a tone of honest confusion, "What'd you expect me to say?"
>Ichirin is watching you both right now.

>_