Author Topic: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 89299 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #600 on: December 13, 2009, 01:52:03 AM »
> "Like I said, I can't do anything right now and the ship isn't even built yet.  Additionally, there's going to be a lot for you to learn before you can fly up there.  I'm not going to try and break you out to do this."
> "Instead, I'll go and negotiate with the tengu to get them to allow you to do this.  Where can I find them and who should I talk to."
> "So sit down and wait.  I'll do my best to get you out, but the better you behave until then, the better chance I have of getting you out.  Understand?"

>Aya sighs. "Alright. Alright. Just tell Momiji. They'll listen to her... But I'm telling you, the key is right there..."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #601 on: December 13, 2009, 01:55:49 AM »
> "Sorry, but I've got enough on my plate without adding "Accessory to Escape" to my list.  I'll be back when I can, so just hang out and keep reading I suppose."
> Leave the jail and tell Momiji what we're doing now, and ask to be taken to whoever we need to talk to.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #602 on: December 13, 2009, 02:00:01 AM »
> "Sorry, but I've got enough on my plate without adding "Accessory to Escape" to my list.  I'll be back when I can, so just hang out and keep reading I suppose."
> Leave the jail and tell Momiji what we're doing now, and ask to be taken to whoever we need to talk to.

>Aya sighs, and nods glumly.
>You approach Momiji, and quickly explain things. "You're...uh...going to end her to the sun? And...she's okay with that?"

>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #603 on: December 13, 2009, 02:01:51 AM »
> "Yes." Use the :< expression.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #604 on: December 13, 2009, 02:03:18 AM »
> "More than OK, she's thrilled at the possibility of leaving.  But, that requires getting her out of that cell.  I want to negotiate for her to be released in order to complete this project.  Who do I need to talk to in order to arrange this?"

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #605 on: December 13, 2009, 02:05:24 AM »
>"Well, either she's assuming it'll be as safe as the trip to the moon, or she's THAT bored without getting to run around photographing underwear all day. I don't know how Nitori's even planning to do this, but it might end up safe. Might."
>"Either way, it'd end with her either not being a problem anymore or making up for being a nuisance by helping end this damned heat wave, and giving Gensokyo some better information about the sun. Whether it's worth the risk, or if she can be trusted not to run off before the launch, is a different matter."
>"... how long has she been reading the same book in there?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #606 on: December 13, 2009, 02:43:49 AM »
> "Yes." Use the :< expression.

>You says yes, and give her the frown. She doesn't ask anymore, that's the business look.

> "More than OK, she's thrilled at the possibility of leaving.  But, that requires getting her out of that cell.  I want to negotiate for her to be released in order to complete this project.  Who do I need to talk to in order to arrange this?"

>"I suppose I can talk to the elders. It'd take awhile to get you an appointment. But to be honest? They'd probably be thrilled to toss her at the sun for a little while.

>"Well, either she's assuming it'll be as safe as the trip to the moon, or she's THAT bored without getting to run around photographing underwear all day. I don't know how Nitori's even planning to do this, but it might end up safe. Might."
>"Either way, it'd end with her either not being a problem anymore or making up for being a nuisance by helping end this damned heat wave, and giving Gensokyo some better information about the sun. Whether it's worth the risk, or if she can be trusted not to run off before the launch, is a different matter."
>"... how long has she been reading the same book in there?"

>Momiji nods. "I'll be sure to explain all that. If there really is a problem up there, it shouldn't be an issue to borrow Aya if she's willing." 
>"Since this morning." says Momiji. "We bring her new ones as needed. She's got some paper and cards and stuff, too."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #607 on: December 13, 2009, 02:51:53 AM »
>"Ah, so she IS just complaining. I see. Well, thank you. I'll come back once we've got a better idea about how to pull this off."
>head to the Moriya Shrine

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #608 on: December 13, 2009, 02:59:02 AM »
>"Ah, so she IS just complaining. I see. Well, thank you. I'll come back once we've got a better idea about how to pull this off."
>head to the Moriya Shrine

>You head into the Moriya Shrine. You see a bored-looking Wriggle busy raking up the leaves in the grass. She has traded her usual gard for a Wind Priestess outfit. Sanae is pesently stretched out on yard chair in the shade.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #609 on: December 13, 2009, 03:20:43 AM »
>ask Sanae if you can speak with one of the goddesses

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #610 on: December 13, 2009, 03:29:44 AM »
>ask Sanae if you can speak with one of the goddesses

>"Oh, hi Patchouli!" she says. "What do you need?"

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #611 on: December 13, 2009, 03:34:08 AM »
>"Nitori's guessing that something's wrong with the sun, and wants to send someone up in a rocket to investigate. I don't think it'd go as smoothly as that trip to the moon from a while ago, so I'm a little wary."
>"But, since I remember either Kanako or Suwako being responsible for giving Utsuho her power via some sun god, I think they might know something that could help. Or if they visited the sun to find that god in the first place."

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #612 on: December 13, 2009, 03:46:34 AM »
>Tell Wriggle she looks cute in the Wind Priestess outfit.

Toasty

« Reply #613 on: December 13, 2009, 03:50:02 AM »
>Cheer wriggle up with a mukyu, chombatta

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #614 on: December 13, 2009, 04:14:22 AM »
>"Nitori's guessing that something's wrong with the sun, and wants to send someone up in a rocket to investigate. I don't think it'd go as smoothly as that trip to the moon from a while ago, so I'm a little wary."
>"But, since I remember either Kanako or Suwako being responsible for giving Utsuho her power via some sun god, I think they might know something that could help. Or if they visited the sun to find that god in the first place."

>"I can't tell you the details, but I am sure Kanako-sama would not mind speaking with you about it," says Sanae. "I'll go make sure she isn't too busy." She gets up from her chair, and heads into the shrine.

>Tell Wriggle she looks cute in the Wind Priestess outfit.

>"No drek?" asks Wriggle, looking up from her drudgery.

>Cheer wriggle up with a mukyu, chombatta

>She chuckles. "You're a gato for reals, Patch," Wriggle says. "Thanks for bailing me out back there."
>Sanae reappears. "Kanako will speak with you," she says.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #615 on: December 13, 2009, 04:15:55 AM »
>"Thank you."
>head into the shrine to talk with the friendly wind goddess

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #616 on: December 13, 2009, 04:20:28 AM »
> Check catness rating, since Wriggle just called you a cat. Either that or she has no idea what she's actually saying.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #617 on: December 13, 2009, 04:43:09 AM »
>"Thank you."
>head into the shrine to talk with the friendly wind goddess

>You head inside.
>Kanako is still within her space in the inner sactum of the shrine. "You have something to ask of me?" she says, her eyes closed as she makes curious motions with her hands.

> Check catness rating, since Wriggle just called you a cat. Either that or she has no idea what she's actually saying.

>You catness rating is unchanged. Silly Wriggle and her sillytalk!

>_

Toasty

« Reply #618 on: December 13, 2009, 04:50:02 AM »
>Ask about the sun god

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #619 on: December 13, 2009, 04:50:51 AM »
>"Yes. Nitori's gotten it into her head that there's something wrong with the sun, and Utsuho said that sun shards are from when a sun is made - and that the only real way to find one would be to visit the sun. Conveniently, Nitori is also making a rocket to send someone up there."
>"However, I'm worried about how safe this would be, and I thought you might know something after finding the sun god that gave Utsuho her power. Did you have to visit the sun to accomplish that? Or have any suggestions for making the trip less suicidal? Aya seems willing to make the trip despite suicidality if need be, but I'd rather make it safe than incinerate a convict. Plus, then I could actually get the Sun Shard."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #620 on: December 13, 2009, 04:57:23 AM »
>Ask about the sun god

>"Yes. Nitori's gotten it into her head that there's something wrong with the sun, and Utsuho said that sun shards are from when a sun is made - and that the only real way to find one would be to visit the sun. Conveniently, Nitori is also making a rocket to send someone up there."
>"However, I'm worried about how safe this would be, and I thought you might know something after finding the sun god that gave Utsuho her power. Did you have to visit the sun to accomplish that? Or have any suggestions for making the trip less suicidal? Aya seems willing to make the trip despite suicidality if need be, but I'd rather make it safe than incinerate a convict. Plus, then I could actually get the Sun Shard."

>She shakes her head. "I did not take Yatagarasu from the sun. It was already among the flames in Blazing Hell. You wish my advice for visiting? I would suggest you find something that would allow you to withstand an oven. I am sure that is within your talents. I have never been to it, myself, so there is little more I can tell you."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #621 on: December 13, 2009, 05:05:09 AM »
>"I suppose a better concern might have been navigating back, but it sounds like that isn't an option, either. Well, thank you, regardless. I assume Suwako would have nothing to add?"
>"Mmm... would you have any idea where Shizuha is?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #622 on: December 13, 2009, 05:50:43 AM »
>"I suppose a better concern might have been navigating back, but it sounds like that isn't an option, either. Well, thank you, regardless. I assume Suwako would have nothing to add?"
>"Mmm... would you have any idea where Shizuha is?"

>"It's unlikely she could add anything. she's less concerned with the sky than I am," says Kanako.
>"I believe she is in the Forest of Magic, not far from that stand Mystia owns."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #623 on: December 13, 2009, 06:13:52 AM »
>"Is that so? Thank you."
>who WOULD be a reliable source of knowledge about the sun...? Yukari, failing all else?
>head off to find Shizuha in the meantime to share info and find out if she's willing to help with the sun

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #624 on: December 13, 2009, 06:37:40 AM »
>"Is that so? Thank you."
>who WOULD be a reliable source of knowledge about the sun...? Yukari, failing all else?
>head off to find Shizuha in the meantime to share info and find out if she's willing to help with the sun

>"You are welcome," says Kanako.
>Utsuho is about the only person you know to ask, other than your books on solar magic; which really don't focus on the sun itself at all.
>You make your way back to Mystia's stand, passing through the thick brush. "Oh, back for more?" asks Mystia.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #625 on: December 13, 2009, 06:57:52 AM »
>"Actually, I'm looking for Shizuha right now. I heard she was in the area?"
>check hunger
>"Though I guess a snack wouldn't hurt."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #626 on: December 13, 2009, 02:54:54 PM »
>"Actually, I'm looking for Shizuha right now. I heard she was in the area?"
>check hunger
>"Though I guess a snack wouldn't hurt."

>"Oh, I've not seen her around at all. I don't think she even comes to this forest, does she?
>You could do with a nosh.
>Mystia nods and whips up something for you.
>You obtain: Grilled Eel Skewer

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #627 on: December 13, 2009, 03:02:31 PM »
> Allow Grilled Eel Skewer to cool, then consume Eel.
> Inventory and examine
> Determine Mystia's catness rating
> Ask if Mystia knows how to get to Yukari's?  Not that we want to go there right now or anything.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #628 on: December 13, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »
> Allow Grilled Eel Skewer to cool, then consume Eel.
> Inventory and examine
> Determine Mystia's catness rating
> Ask if Mystia knows how to get to Yukari's?  Not that we want to go there right now or anything.

>It's crispy on the outside, and chewy on the inside.

>Your Inventory contains:
>Suspiciously Sleepwear-Like Witch Gown (worn as clothes)
>The name says it all, you don't have to change clothes after getting up when you're feeling lazy.
>Witch Cap (Worn as Hat)
>This Cap has a Crescent on it, and quite precious to you.
>Metal Sign: Metal Fatigue (used)
>A spell to wear at and expand metal.
>List of Anti-Humidity Spell components.
>The name tells you all you need to know.
>Ballpoint Pen
>It writes with ink. Practically magic.
>Pad of Paper
>Its uses are myriad and mysterious.
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon
>Summons a landslide from the aether. Be careful of collateral damage!
>Fire & Earth Sign: Lava Cromlech
>Invokes a massive explosion of fire and rock. Careless use of this will cost you friends.
>Blessing of the Great Destructor
>Sealed with a kiss.
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine (Used)
>Summons a whirlwind of fire. Be careful not to hurt yourself!
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine High Level
>A summons a double whirlwind of fire. This will get you into trouble very quickly if you aren't careful
>Wood Sign: Sylphae Horn High Level
>A call powerful gust laden with autumn leaves. It is like Shizuha came to visit!
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon High Level
>Summons landslide of rocks that changes direction unpredictably. Do not use this near delicate things, or neglect your own safty.
>Water Sign: Bury in Lake (Destroyed)
>Creates a slim freezing beam a huge wall of water. This is not something to use carelessly. It has fallen apart is now useless as a spellcard.
>Earth Sign: Trilithon Shake (Used)
>Summons a landslide of boulders you can direct. You'll be particularly to blame for any collateral damage
>Metal Sign: Silver Dragon (Used)
>Imparts great malleability to metal and a fair deal of precision.
>Wood and Fire Sign: Forest Blaze
>Summons a wind filled with burning leaves. Not for careless use.
>Wood and Water Sign: Water Elf (Used)
>Creates falling water and falling leaves carried on a strong gust. Perfect for when you do not wish for much collateral damage.
>Earth and Metal Sign: Emerald Megalith (Used)
>Summons a number of beautiful emerald structures; it is not able to topple things that are already there.
>Moon Sign: Silent Selene (Used)
>Summons rays of moonlight to confound the target.
>19☼
>This is 19 ☼
>Lucky Coin
>This is a coin of yours that you have developed a special and inexplicable favor for.
>Book Entitled: Civil Engineering by Hartman and Pert
>This is a thick book full of all sort of information on construction, safety regulations, and more.
>Banson's Aria
>This is a powerful operatic song composed mostly of musical terms and praising the singer as handsome, strong, and idiot. It is said any fool can fight, but a true man sings!
>AOL Disk with a Cardboard Sleeve
>This is a Compact Disk with an AOL Logo on it, in a cardboard sleeve.
>Ladle
>This is a metal ladle, used for serving soup and other such things.
>Floating Trumpet
>This trumpet used to belong to Merlin Prismriver! It floats in the air when not being stored away!
>Half of a Grilled Lamprey Sandwich
>This is a half of tasty sandwich of grilled lamprey on a wheat bun with a kind of sauce you cannot readily identify. It is a little cold now.
>Tiger Cub Pin (wore as accessory)
>This is a pin in the shape of a heart-meltingly adorable tiger cub.
>Rattling Box
>This box rattles mysteriously
>Ran's Cap
>A cap with flaps for fox ears, decorated with yellow emblems
>Explosion Sign: Mega Flare (Used)
>One of Utsuho's Spellcards. Requires knowledge of Fusion or Sun Magic to use. It fills the air with balls of Fusion Energy.
>Flywheel Parts List
>You need some wagon wheels, a sheet of metal, and some fasteners to make a Flywheel.
>Sparkling Prism
>It is a prism that sparkles curiously.
>Electric Train Set
>A set of scale model trains with some lengths of track, packaged into a large box. You are not sure where anyone would find a proper outlet.
>Wheel
>A simple wooden wheel about a foot in diameter; suitable for small carts and wheelbarrows.
>Mystia's catness rating is 10/96
>"We passed it on the way to Youkai Mountain, actually," says Mystia. "It's that little cottage just east of Kourindou. I think Chen was dozing in the field when we went past."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #629 on: December 13, 2009, 03:48:07 PM »
> Thank Mystia for the info.
> Head off in search of Shizuha.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.