Author Topic: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 89338 times)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #570 on: December 12, 2009, 09:45:37 PM »
> "Hang on, hear me out.  Aya's already used to speed, and flying great distances and height, so she should be able to handle flying to the sun.  She has fantastic reflexes, she's decently smart already and she can learn fast, she's been through Former Hell, and all she's doing right now is sitting in that tiny room.  Wouldn't a more useful punishment involve her helping all of us in Gensokyo for a change?  Couldn't we send her up there instead of someone who contributes productively to Gensokyo, in case something terrible goes wrong.  You're the one building it, do you think it could work?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #571 on: December 12, 2009, 09:48:39 PM »
> "Hang on, hear me out.  Aya's already used to speed, and flying great distances and height, so she should be able to handle flying to the sun.  She has fantastic reflexes, she's decently smart already and she can learn fast, she's been through Former Hell, and all she's doing right now is sitting in that tiny room.  Wouldn't a more useful punishment involve her helping all of us in Gensokyo for a change?  Couldn't we send her up there instead of someone who contributes productively to Gensokyo, in case something terrible goes wrong.  You're the one building it, do you think it could work?"

>"Does she know anything about suns?" asks Nitori. "I mean, you're good enough at them to build a spellcard around it. And you're lighter and smarter than Utsuho; and don't even think of tellingl her I said that. I suppose you could ask her, though, she is a quick study, like you said. I mean, I don't like it, but if you're deadset..."

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #572 on: December 12, 2009, 10:25:15 PM »
>"We'll get the rocket designed and built, first. Assuming it'd have enough space for either of us regardless?"
>"I'll look into asking one of the gods; Hina may owe me a favor, and the Akis are investigating the sun, themselves. Then again, I guess Hina might not be the goddess of choice for this..."
>"And I swear I remember you asking for SOMETHING after the last time I visited..."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #573 on: December 12, 2009, 10:33:32 PM »
>"We'll get the rocket designed and built, first. Assuming it'd have enough space for either of us regardless?"
>"I'll look into asking one of the gods; Hina may owe me a favor, and the Akis are investigating the sun, themselves. Then again, I guess Hina might not be the goddess of choice for this..."
>"And I swear I remember you asking for SOMETHING after the last time I visited..."

>"I'm working on it, don't worry. And, really, it's going to be a one person unit. I need to make it so you can get back and all."
>"The Aki sisters might do. I'd prefer not to power this on curses, though. Just...to be safe, yeah?"
>"Oh! Tritium? Yeah, that stuff's really useful. Utsuho uses it for fusion stuff outside her spellcards."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #574 on: December 12, 2009, 10:37:38 PM »
>"Does she know anything about suns?" asks Nitori. "I mean, you're good enough at them to build a spellcard around it. And you're lighter and smarter than Utsuho; and don't even think of tellingl her I said that. I suppose you could ask her, though, she is a quick study, like you said. I mean, I don't like it, but if you're deadset..."

>_

> "Getting Utsuho would involve convincing Satori to let us use her, and I doubt that'll happen.  I will absolutely not do it, and unless you can think if anyone else more suited to go up there then I think we should try to use Aya.  Do you know who I should talk to about using her?  I suppose I'll need to talk to her as well."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #575 on: December 12, 2009, 10:52:22 PM »
>then again, the rest of the mansion got to the moon safely in a wooden rocket... but they didn't make it back on their own. And there's no one to expect to find on the sun... right?
>"It sounds like we'll have to talk to Utsuho again. What a pain - getting attacked on sight is irritating. Though I'd like to know what to expect to find on the sun... wasn't she fed a sun god? By someone from the Moriya shrine?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #576 on: December 12, 2009, 10:55:24 PM »
> "Getting Utsuho would involve convincing Satori to let us use her, and I doubt that'll happen.  I will absolutely not do it, and unless you can think if anyone else more suited to go up there then I think we should try to use Aya.  Do you know who I should talk to about using her?  I suppose I'll need to talk to her as well."

>"Well, I suppose you'd have to convince Aya, first," says Nitori. "After that, ask Momiji to talk to the the rest of the tengu about it. I'm telling you, though, she won't be half as good as you."

>then again, the rest of the mansion got to the moon safely in a wooden rocket... but they didn't make it back on their own. And there's no one to expect to find on the sun... right?
>"It sounds like we'll have to talk to Utsuho again. What a pain - getting attacked on sight is irritating. Though I'd like to know what to expect to find on the sun... wasn't she fed a sun god? By someone from the Moriya shrine?"

>That they did. But that was your rocket. And you don't half ass these things. Not that Nitori does either, but you know... And you think there might be solar crows, maybe. But you already dealt with an upjumped one and came out alright.
>"I don't know the story myself, but I am pretty sure it was Kanako's doing in the end. Or was it Suwako? Either way..."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #577 on: December 12, 2009, 11:00:08 PM »
>"Then I think I'll talk to them, first. If I can find Shizuha, she'd probably be willing to help with powering it. I know Minoriko's near the bottom of the mountain, but her sister's been away... well, not the top priority."
>"Before I go, though, have you considered figuring out how to make coolboxes like that one Rinnosuke has? Even if today's an anomaly, they'd be useful in summer. You could make a killing off of those."
>"... oh, and what's Tellurium look like? There was a chunk of what looked like iron at Rinnosuke's shop, but I didn't examine too carefully."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #578 on: December 12, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »
> "Let me go try and see if I can get Aya to agree to this."
> Take you leave from Nitori's and head over to where Momiji is standing.
> Greet Momiji and ask to speak with Aya, as you have a most pressing issue to talk about with her.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #579 on: December 12, 2009, 11:26:38 PM »
>actually, just explain the whole trip to the sun thing, since she's clearly not popular with the tengu anyway

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #580 on: December 12, 2009, 11:32:18 PM »
> Oh we will, but first we want to see how she's holding up in there.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #581 on: December 12, 2009, 11:51:21 PM »
>And it would probably help our case on trustworthiness if we were honest about what we wanted to ask her rather than asking to talk with a convict for no clear reason.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #582 on: December 12, 2009, 11:55:13 PM »
>Good thing we're being honest and are going to talk to her about going to the sun and not painting an elaborate lie or anything outrageous like that.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #583 on: December 13, 2009, 12:06:55 AM »
>"Then I think I'll talk to them, first. If I can find Shizuha, she'd probably be willing to help with powering it. I know Minoriko's near the bottom of the mountain, but her sister's been away... well, not the top priority."
>"Before I go, though, have you considered figuring out how to make coolboxes like that one Rinnosuke has? Even if today's an anomaly, they'd be useful in summer. You could make a killing off of those."
>"... oh, and what's Tellurium look like? There was a chunk of what looked like iron at Rinnosuke's shop, but I didn't examine too carefully."

>Nitori nods, "That'd help. I'm kind of out of favors with them, anyways."
>"Oh hell yes," says Nitori. "But the big stupid jerk won't let me get near it! Probably has a demon caught in it or something."
>"You're fixed on that stuff, aren't you? It's all silvery-looking. And really really rare. So probably not what you saw."

> "Let me go try and see if I can get Aya to agree to this."
> Take you leave from Nitori's and head over to where Momiji is standing.
> Greet Momiji and ask to speak with Aya, as you have a most pressing issue to talk about with her.

>"Righto"
>You take your leave from Nitori, and head up to Tengu Town.
>"Hi!" says Momiji, "You want to meet with Aya? That's no problem. Just don't do anything...well, dumb."

>actually, just explain the whole trip to the sun thing, since she's clearly not popular with the tengu anyway
> Oh we will, but first we want to see how she's holding up in there.
>And it would probably help our case on trustworthiness if we were honest about what we wanted to ask her rather than asking to talk with a convict for no clear reason.
>Good thing we're being honest and are going to talk to her about going to the sun and not painting an elaborate lie or anything outrageous like that.

>Well make up your mind.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #584 on: December 13, 2009, 12:10:30 AM »
>"I'll probably have to discuss the results of what I've got in mind with whoever's in charge of this lockup, but I won't do anything hasty myself. I have plenty of reasons to avoid the tabloids for today."
>head in and examine Aya's situation

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #585 on: December 13, 2009, 12:22:01 AM »
> Make a mental note to watch what you say around her.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #586 on: December 13, 2009, 12:28:26 AM »
>"I'll probably have to discuss the results of what I've got in mind with whoever's in charge of this lockup, but I won't do anything hasty myself. I have plenty of reasons to avoid the tabloids for today."
>head in and examine Aya's situation

>Momiji nods, and lets you inside.
>You are inside a simple prison. It's rather clean, if stuffy. There are three cells, Aya has been placed in the middle one. It's...not terribly bad for a jail cell, really. The floor has some rugs, there's a proper sink, good futon on the floor, a little privacy curtain around the toilet... Aya is presently laying on the bed, staring out into space. An open book rests on the floor near her. Obvious exits are north.

> Make a mental note to watch what you say around her.

>You hope to do your best.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #587 on: December 13, 2009, 12:31:30 AM »
>"What are you reading?"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #588 on: December 13, 2009, 12:34:28 AM »
> If there is a chair, pull it up and sit it in front of the cell.  Otherwise, just approach the cell.
> "Aya?  It's Patchouli.  How are you doing?"
> We need to gauge her mental stability before we send her on a rocket, so we need to talk with her a little.
>> Show component list, and ask her if she knows anything about those things.
>> Do not mention Jeff K Anon at all.
>> Ask her why the Oni like to fight so much.
>> Ask her if she knows why it's so humid out
>> Ask if she knows when Letty Whiterock is supposed to arrive.
> Since she doesn't know much about what has happened recently, don't mention any current events in Gensokyo aside from the weather.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #589 on: December 13, 2009, 12:58:18 AM »
>"What are you reading?"

>"Huh? Oh...just some novel."
>Damn her.

> If there is a chair, pull it up and sit it in front of the cell.  Otherwise, just approach the cell.
> "Aya?  It's Patchouli.  How are you doing?"
> We need to gauge her mental stability before we send her on a rocket, so we need to talk with her a little.
>> Show component list, and ask her if she knows anything about those things.
>> Do not mention Jeff K Anon at all.
>> Ask her why the Oni like to fight so much.
>> Ask her if she knows why it's so humid out
>> Ask if she knows when Letty Whiterock is supposed to arrive.
> Since she doesn't know much about what has happened recently, don't mention any current events in Gensokyo aside from the weather.

>You pull up a chair and get comfy.
>"Yeah, I know," she says. "Scarlet Clouds incident and all. I'm bored out of my skull, Patchouli. That's how I'm doing."
>"Not really," she says. "I'd ask Utsuho about the Sun Shard, Eirin or Kaguya about the flower Essence. Great Destructor sounds something like your Flandre, don't you think? Ah, I see you have it checked off."
>You seal your lips about possible non-people.
>"They respect strength a whole lot," she says, sitting up now. "It's what they're known for, and it means a lot to them to know who is strongest. Among Oni, that's not so bad. Among others, well...it can get pretty rough. Thankfully, they seem to like spellcards, so it isn't a real problem."
>"I bet the Aki sisters were kidnapped!" She says, her eyes lighting up. "Oh, if only I could find out... I'd know everything about this incident in moments!"
>"Letty should be out shortly," says Aya. "According to the calender, anyways. She'll wait for the heat to go away, first. I hope winter isn't too short, she it's not fair if she doesn't get a full season, you know."
>You steer away from other topics, for now.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #590 on: December 13, 2009, 01:03:54 AM »
>"Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm, but I just saw Minoriko earlier today. The Akis are fine."
>What IS she reading? Or tough to tell at this distance?
>"I don't suppose you'd have any other theories about what might be causing this heat wave?"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #591 on: December 13, 2009, 01:07:26 AM »
> "The Aki sisters haven't been kidnapped, I spoke with them earlier today."
> "Anyway, I came here for a reason.  What do you know about space travel?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #592 on: December 13, 2009, 01:17:50 AM »
>"Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm, but I just saw Minoriko earlier today. The Akis are fine."
>What IS she reading? Or tough to tell at this distance?
>"I don't suppose you'd have any other theories about what might be causing this heat wave?"

>"Oh."
>It looks like the spine read: Delta of Venus, by Ana?s Nin.
>"...It's not Utsuho, is it?"

> "The Aki sisters haven't been kidnapped, I spoke with them earlier today."
> "Anyway, I came here for a reason.  What do you know about space travel?"

>"Well, Reimu told me some things about it when she got back from the Moon."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #593 on: December 13, 2009, 01:21:47 AM »
> "It's not Utsuho, she's still down in Former Hell.  Any other ideas as far as that goes?"
> "You can fly faster and higher than anyone else right?  How close have you come to space?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #594 on: December 13, 2009, 01:24:26 AM »
> "It's not Utsuho, she's still down in Former Hell."
> "You can fly faster and higher than anyone else right?  How close have you come to space?"

>"Oh good," Aya grins. "Wouldn't want her to give crows a bad name."
>"I got up pretty high with Tenshi's help, one time," says Aya. "It's a kinda scary, doesn't feel like you can fly right, you know? Why are you asking?"

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #595 on: December 13, 2009, 01:28:21 AM »
>to note, if Kanasuwako got a sun goddess for Utsuho to eat, odds are good THEY visited the sun to get it. They might be more useful for "how" details. Here it's just bribery for her freedom, and it might be better to talk to the prison warden about whether the tengu would be okay with it first.
>"I've heard some talk of it maybe being a problem with the sun, but..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #596 on: December 13, 2009, 01:31:09 AM »
>to note, if Kanasuwako got a sun goddess for Utsuho to eat, odds are good THEY visited the sun to get it. They might be more useful for "how" details. Here it's just bribery for her freedom, and it might be better to talk to the prison warden about whether the tengu would be okay with it first.
>"I've heard some talk of it maybe being a problem with the sun, but..."

> Aya may have paid for her bed, but she is presently only using the edge of it. "Yeah, yeah?"

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #597 on: December 13, 2009, 01:31:49 AM »
> "Nitori is building a ship to go on an observation journey to the sun.  She wanted me to go, but there's no way I'd be able to handle it myself.  The ship is only big for one person, but I thought that you would be the best candidate for the journey.  Nothing's even set now, but would you be interested in being the pilot?  All I'm trying to do right now is see if you're interested, I would still have to talk to the tengu about letting you do this, but I need to know if you want to do this.  What do you think?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #598 on: December 13, 2009, 01:36:36 AM »
> "Nitori is building a ship to go on an observation journey to the sun.  She wanted me to go, but there's no way I'd be able to handle it myself.  The ship is only big for one person, but I thought that you would be the best candidate for the journey.  Nothing's even set now, but would you be interested in being the pilot?  All I'm trying to do right now is see if you're interested, I would still have to talk to the tengu about letting you do this, but I need to know if you want to do this.  What do you think?"

>"God yes!" Aya says, leaping from her seat and pressing her face against the bars. "Anything to get out of here! I'm so bored! The key's on the wall over there, you can let me out right now!"

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #599 on: December 13, 2009, 01:40:31 AM »
> "Like I said, I can't do anything right now and the ship isn't even built yet.  Additionally, there's going to be a lot for you to learn before you can fly up there.  I'm not going to try and break you out to do this."
> "Instead, I'll go and negotiate with the tengu to get them to allow you to do this.  Where can I find them and who should I talk to."
> "So sit down and wait.  I'll do my best to get you out, but the better you behave until then, the better chance I have of getting you out.  Understand?"