Author Topic: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 89335 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2009, 01:47:29 AM »
>"Well, what would you propose as a solution, Sakuya? Please, I'm open to suggestions"
> Say this as sweetly as possible

« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2009, 01:53:45 AM »
>"Well, what would you propose as a solution, Sakuya? Please, I'm open to suggestions"

> Saying that overly sweetly would just make her more suspicious.
> Contemplate whether Koakuma needs a vacation or not

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2009, 02:31:24 AM »

>That was the point. I love going super sweet when I'm actually pissed. Patchy does too :P.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2009, 08:13:14 AM »
> Ponder why Remilia keeps using "we."

>She has done that as long as you've known her. There are days when you've jested that she must be so beside herself with worry that she considers herself two people.

>"I think Mistress' suggestions will be an excellent start," Sakuya says, taking you at your word. "Perhaps with the addition of not trying to claim Mistress' library as your own quite so aggressively?"

>You can't tell if it had any effect.
>Well, she is on vacation right now. You could end the contract, but you get the feeling it would break the poor girl's heart.

>That was the point. I love going super sweet when I'm actually pissed. Patchy does too :P.

>It does have its uses.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2009, 02:03:46 PM »
>Realize you've completed enough quests that you should have leveled up by now.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2009, 03:31:39 PM »
>Realize you've completed enough quests that you should have leveled up by now.

>You're on the top floor of Scarlet Devil Mansion. About the only way you could go up any levels from here would be to discover an attic in the Moyira Shrine.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2009, 03:42:02 PM »
>"Hmmmm. that is true. While I often feel like I'm the only one making use of it, it's more accurate to say that my... the library is shared... or borrowed. I am... probably overprotective of the books, but they really can be very precious."
>sigh
>"But with Marisa regularly stealing them, now, I suppose I can't afford to be too strict about it..."
>Who brought the books to the SDM library, Patchu or Remi?
>should we bring up the hemlock incident? Ugly, but it's worth knowing where this has gotten to in the past, and smoothing it over honestly. Or if it was a misunderstanding, somehow. Did we do anything mean to her in the past, for that matter...?

>"Also... Sakuya, I'd like to thank you for being willing to talk this over."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2009, 04:32:09 PM »
>Check inventory. Examine items.
>Check quests. Examine quests.
>Ask Remilia for a map of Gensokyo.
>Check experience points.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2009, 06:07:29 PM »
>"Hmmmm. that is true. While I often feel like I'm the only one making use of it, it's more accurate to say that my... the library is shared... or borrowed. I am... probably overprotective of the books, but they really can be very precious."
>sigh
>"But with Marisa regularly stealing them, now, I suppose I can't afford to be too strict about it..."
>Who brought the books to the SDM library, Patchu or Remi?
>should we bring up the hemlock incident? Ugly, but it's worth knowing where this has gotten to in the past, and smoothing it over honestly. Or if it was a misunderstanding, somehow. Did we do anything mean to her in the past, for that matter...?

>"Also... Sakuya, I'd like to thank you for being willing to talk this over."

>"Oh Patchy, don't you worry about it," says Remilia, making a dismissive motion, "We know you love them like your own. Though it would be nice to slow that thief down just a bit."
>The books in the library are a little difficult to pin down, really. Mostly they are Remilia's. Since you first start bumming off room and board, you've directed a majority of the acquisitions one way or another. And then there are the ones you've written yourself. The line of ownership is fairly blurry, and you never really bothered with it.
>Don't as me, I'm just a text parser.
>Sakuya nods. It's hard to tell if it's a genuine gesture or not.

>Check inventory. Examine items.
>Check quests. Examine quests.
>Ask Remilia for a map of Gensokyo.
>Check experience points.

>Your Inventory contains:
>Suspiciously Sleepwear-Like Witch Gown (worn as clothes)
>The name says it all, you don't have to change clothes after getting up when you're feeling lazy.
>Witch Cap (Worn as Hat)
>This Cap has a Crescent on it, and quite precious to you.
>Metal Sign: Metal Fatigue (used)
>A spell to wear at and expand metal.
>List of Anti-Humidity Spell components.
>The name tells you all you need to know.
>Ballpoint Pen
>It writes with ink. Practically magic.
>Pad of Paper
>Its uses are myriad and mysterious.
>Wood Sign: Sylphae Horn
>Summons Autumn Leaves and lets them tumble about.
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon
>Summons a landslide from the aether. Be careful of collateral damage!
>Fire & Earth Sign: Lava Cromlech
>Invokes a massive explosion of fire and rock. Careless use of this will cost you friends.
>Blessing of the Great Destructor
>Sealed with a kiss.
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine
>Summons a whirlwind of fire. Be careful not to hurt yourself!
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine High Level
>A summons a double whirlwind of fire. This will get you into trouble very quickly if you aren't careful
>Wood Sign: Sylphae Horn High Level
>A call powerful gust laden with autumn leaves. It is like Shizuha came to visit!
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon High Level
>Summons landslide of rocks that changes direction unpredictably. Do not use this near delicate things, or neglect your own safty.
>Fire Sign: Agni Radiance
>Invokes a double whirlwind of fire that sprays flames randomly. Be very careful how you use this spell if you don't want to cause more damage than you'll prevent!
>Water Sign: Bury in Lake (Damaged)
>Creates a slim freezing beam a huge wall of water. This is not something to use carelessly. It has been Damaged.
>Wood Sign: Green Storm
>Calls a storm-gale filled with leaves. It can be more damaging than it sounds.
>Earth Sign: Trilithon Shake
>Summons a landslide of boulders you can direct. You'll be particularly to blame for any collateral damage
>Metal Sign: Silver Dragon
>Imparts great malleability to metal and a fair deal of precision.
>Wood and Fire Sign: Forest Blaze
>Summons a wind filled with burning leaves. Not for careless use.
>Wood and Water Sign: Water Elf
>Creates falling water and falling leaves carried on a strong gust. Perfect for when you do not wish for much collateral damage.
>Metal and Water Sign: Mercury Poison
>Dissolves Mercury into a stream of water; imparting sickness to its targets. Don't be careless with this.
>Earth and Metal Sign: Emerald Megalith
>Summons a number of beautiful emerald structures; it is not able to topple things that are already there.
>Moon Sign: Silent Selene (used)
>Summons rays of moonlight to confound the target.
>19☼
>This is 19 ☼
>Lucky Coin
>This is a coin of yours that you have developed a special and inexplicable favor for.
>Silk Rose
>This is a rose made of silk, on a fabricated stem. It could easily pass for a real rose on causal inspection.
>Book Entitled: Civil Engineering by Hartman and Pert
>This is a thick book full of all sort of information on construction, safety regulations, and more.
>Banson's Aria
>This is a powerful operatic song composed mostly of musical terms and praising the singer as handsome, strong, and idiot. It is said any fool can fight, but a true man sings!
>BEES.MP3
>This is a song only in a loose sense of the world, with a monotonous beat and the word "Bees" said over again over again at various speeds and pitches. No one knows why it is so insanely fun to listen to.
>AOL Disk with a Cardboard Sleeve
>This is a Compact Disk with an AOL Logo on it, in a cardboard sleeve.
>Ladle
>This is a metal ladle, used for serving soup and other such things.
>Bottle of Jazz-Style Hot Sauce
>This hot sauce claims to be smooth and easy. It features a picture of Merlin giving a thumbs up.
>Bottle of Stomach Ulcer Inducing Hot Sauce
>This hot sauce threatens to ruin your stomach. It's label features a person writhing on the ground in agony.
>Floating Trumpet
>This trumpet used to belong to Merlin Prismriver! It floats in the air when not being stored away!
>Grilled Lamprey Sandwich
>This is a tasty sandwich of grilled lamprey on a wheat bun with a kind of sauce you cannot readily identify. It is a little cold now.
>Tiger Cub Pin (wore as accessory)
>This is a pin in the shape of a heart-meltingly adorable tiger cub.
>Large Bag of Beans
>This is a  two-pound bag of kidney beans, enough to feed quite a few people.
>Ultimate Truth
>A short, energetic song that is meant to give the impression of flying over an orchard of cherry blossoms.

>Your current quests are:
>Destroy All Humidity
>You have vowed once and for all to make your library free of the threat of airborne water vapor.
>Eight Force
>You have learned that the Eighth Force is a kind of color, and can be found in a place with no shadows.
>Secret Collect!
>A Mysterious Robed Figure who's identity you deduced in about ten minutes wants you to bring her secret items.
>Where the Keine?
>Keine is missing! Where could she be?
>Where in the World are the Aki Sisters?
>You have vowed to find the Aki Sisters. You found Minoriko, but Shizuha is still out there somewhere.
>Get Rid of That Stupid Tattoo
>Your embarrassing tattoo is a terrible legacy of the many feasts following the spring incident. If only you could be rid of it...
>Flandre's Present
>You brought Flandre a present. That should be it, right?
>Making Amends
>You've resolved to patch things up with that maid before you poisons you.
>Find a Map of Gensokyo
>The name says it all, no foolin'.
>"If we have a map, it'd be in the library," says Remilia. "I can't imagine it'd be up to date, though."
>Check what now?

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2009, 07:13:37 PM »
> Change genre to RPG
> Be prepared for battle with Sakuya at anytime, regardless of how well things seem to be going
> Hope that Sakuya isn't a Hopeless Boss Fight

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2009, 07:25:55 PM »
>Head to library in search of a map

Toasty

« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »
>Destroy redundancy

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2009, 08:00:16 PM »
> Change genre to RPG
> Be prepared for battle with Sakuya at anytime, regardless of how well things seem to be going
> Hope that Sakuya isn't a Hopeless Boss Fight

>I will hurt and scrape you. You will need surgery.

>Head to library in search of a map

>"Are we done here, then?" Sakuya asks.

>Destroy redundancy

>Man, you are going to be busy.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2009, 08:08:25 PM »
>"Maybe. Are you satisfied, Sakuya?"
>"And Marisa is... difficult to deal with. I mean, just look at her - who could possibly stand up to those abs?!"
>seriously did we explicitly endanger Sakuya in the past or anything

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2009, 08:42:11 PM »
>"Maybe. Are you satisfied, Sakuya?"
>"And Marisa is... difficult to deal with. I mean, just look at her - who could possibly stand up to those abs?!"
>seriously did we explicitly endanger Sakuya in the past or anything

>"I expect it will hinge upon you," says Sakuya. She's smirking under that neutral face, you can tell.
>"Oy, tell me about it!" Remilia says.
>You've never done anything to her. Apparently she seethed over the library or some such until eventually got got some tea with hemlock in it from her, and that was the last straw. You really don't recall her ever being particularly nice to you.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »
>Bring up the hemlock thing. Provide proof if it exists.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2009, 09:54:46 PM »
>Bring up the hemlock thing. Provide proof if it exists.

>Sakuya is silent for a moment. "...What?"
>"Patchouli, are you serious?" asks Remilia.
>Sadly, you don't have any direct proof; it is not as though you could horde the teacup without being suspicious. And likely the signs of poison wouldn't have lasted that long.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2009, 10:32:57 PM »
>"I am serious. But I may be mistaken. Or there may be a more reasonable explanation. I have been... paranoid. But either way, it is mostly a matter of how serious this has been. Both of us have had problems of one kind or another."
>"Still... I'm afraid it means that I'll have some trouble learning to trust you properly, Sakuya. I expect your frustration is the same? It would probably be best if we monitored one another on these matters, at least for a little while. Poor communication enters into it, surely..."

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »
(Good save, Mouse ^-^)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2009, 11:46:49 PM »
>"I am serious. But I may be mistaken. Or there may be a more reasonable explanation. I have been... paranoid. But either way, it is mostly a matter of how serious this has been. Both of us have had problems of one kind or another."
>"Still... I'm afraid it means that I'll have some trouble learning to trust you properly, Sakuya. I expect your frustration is the same? It would probably be best if we monitored one another on these matters, at least for a little while. Poor communication enters into it, surely..."

>"No," says Sakuya, "this is a lie and a poor one at that. Mistress, do you really think I am the sort who would stoop to such methods? If I had resolved to be rid of Patchouli so blatantly, why would I use poison rather than simply defeating her face to face? Mistress, you know how I value my reputation."
>"Maybe you were mistaken, Patchouli dear?" asks Remilia, in a voice somewhat smaller and more fragile than you are used to her from.
>That tea she served you and claimed to have made was definitely laced with hemlock. You know the smell, it's very distinctive.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2009, 12:26:22 AM »
>sigh
>"I see this is going to be difficult, but I have to stand by it. I know the smell. And I remember it being served to me personally by Sakuya... or, at least, someone with an incredibly convincing disguise."
>"But... I may be mistaken. I've been feeling and acting a bit strange today. I have no idea where this memory and obsession of... Jeff K. Anon or whatever it was came from, nor these other odd urges..."
>mukyuu, eye Sakuya if she reacts
>"I apologize for causing trouble by bringing it up, but whether it happened or not, it shows why I am having difficulty trusting you, Sakuya. But I would like to, both for our peace of mind and for Remilia's. I believe it happened, but I am willing to change my mind, or be convinced it was a thing of the past, unlikely to repeat itself thanks to a properly settled feud."

>"So, Sakuya. Despite all of my insults, could I ask you to help me overcome my fears, bit by bit?"
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 12:29:03 AM by E-Nazrin »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2009, 12:40:00 AM »
>sigh
>"I see this is going to be difficult, but I have to stand by it. I know the smell. And I remember it being served to me personally by Sakuya... or, at least, someone with an incredibly convincing disguise."
>"But... I may be mistaken. I've been feeling and acting a bit strange today. I have no idea where this memory and obsession of... Jeff K. Anon or whatever it was came from, nor these other odd urges..."
>mukyuu, eye Sakuya if she reacts
>"I apologize for causing trouble by bringing it up, but whether it happened or not, it shows why I am having difficulty trusting you, Sakuya. But I would like to, both for our peace of mind and for Remilia's. I believe it happened, but I am willing to change my mind, or be convinced it was a thing of the past, unlikely to repeat itself thanks to a properly settled feud."

>"So, Sakuya. Despite all of my insults, could I ask you to help me overcome my fears, bit by bit?"

>It is grimly satisfying to see her caught off guard, for Sakuya clearly expected you to argue back.
>"Oh stop acting like you're a serial killer, Sakuya," adds Remilia. "Or I'll tell her about the kitten."
>Sakuya presses her lip into a thin line, and blushes. "V-very well, Mistress. I shall get to the bottom of this." She looks at you again, and says, "There was hemlock in this cup, and I served it to you? Allow me to question the maids while you tend to the business that you already have? When you return, I should have some informative. I swear I did not serve you any such thing knowingly."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2009, 12:52:17 AM »
> "Sounds good.  Let us leave it at that for now."
> Exit room dramatically,

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #203 on: December 08, 2009, 12:58:51 AM »
> "Sounds good.  Let us leave it at that for now."
> Exit room dramatically,

>You make a dramatic exit. If Remilia weren't in the room, you would have considered letting the sun glint off your tiger pin.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #204 on: December 08, 2009, 01:00:21 AM »
> Work your way out of the mansion.
> Head for Hakurei Shrine.
> Get directions to the underground.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2009, 01:07:33 AM »
> After that, head to Kourindou and find a way to procure Ran's hat

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2009, 01:12:51 AM »
>we already HAVE directions, numbnuts
>instead, check the library in case anyone's stopped by, and to look for at least an outdated map
>tap "MS Paint" on the fourth wall in Morse Code

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2009, 01:15:32 AM »
> Actually, head to Kourindou as soon as we leave, and pray that Nazrin hasn't already made off with the hat

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2009, 01:24:39 AM »
> Work your way out of the mansion.
> Head for Hakurei Shrine.
> Get directions to the underground.

>You exit the mansion and make your way to the Hakurei shrine. You find Reimu is busy repainting the torii.
>"You forgot? Jeez..." says Reimu, as she steps away from her work, "Maybe I whacked you a little hard earlier. Okay, it's just north of Wriggle's house."

> After that, head to Kourindou and find a way to procure Ran's hat

>You head to Kourindou.

>The store contains:
>Broken Broadsword Handle: 100☼
>Bag of Flour: 25☼
>Book Entitled: Monday Magic by Patchouli Knowledge: 1500☼
>Iron Key: 500☼
>Figurine of a Lichen: 200☼
>Book Entitled: I Love Me, Vol I: 500☼
>Turtle Shell: 350☼
>Sun Sign: Royal Flare: 3000☼
>Potted Plant: 200☼
>Tome of Sugar Summoning: 15000☼
>Empty Ornate Bottle: 500☼
>Silver Dragonfly: 250☼
>Crystal Snake: 500☼
>Can of Ravioli: 50☼
>Scarlet Devil Mansion Snow Globe: 250☼
>Ran's Cap: 2000☼
>Rake: 175☼
>Bottle of Tongue-Melting Hot Sauce: 135☼
>Flask of Faerie Dust: 100☼
>Sparkling Prism: 275☼
>Bottle of Commandant Koppo's Cucumber Kaboom Sauce: 200☼
>The Doll Maker of Bucuresti: 300☼
>Blue UFO
>Bottle of Avalonian Colon-Killer Sauce Label.
>1/60 Scale Macross Valkyrie Model
>Wheel
>You express interest in obtaining Ran's Cap. "Hmm," says Rinnosuke, "I'll let you have it for Fire Sign: Agni Radiance, Metal and Water Sign: Mercury Poison, and the Silk Rose. Is that acceptable?"

>we already HAVE directions, numbnuts
>instead, check the library in case anyone's stopped by, and to look for at least an outdated map
>tap "MS Paint" on the fourth wall in Morse Code

>Too late for that now!
>Before you leave, you are able to find an old map, but it does not show anything that you haven't seen. And it lacks both Eientei and the Moriya Shrine.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2009, 01:33:37 AM »
> Having Ran's cap will put us in a good position to deal with Ran, or possibly Yukari.  Make the trade,
> Play with Ran's cap before leaving, then store it safely away.
> Head for underground next.