Author Topic: Terrible things Touhou characters have allegedly done  (Read 55238 times)

Terrible things Touhou characters have allegedly done
« on: November 28, 2009, 06:13:11 AM »
For the cheery world Gensokyo seems to be, there certainly are a lot of people who do horrible things.  This thread is for listing them.

(Note that much of this requires funny interpretations of things.  That's alright, this is a jokey thread anyway.)

Let's start this off with Yuyuko!

Yuyuko is a ghost.  (Perfect Memento in Strict Sense)
Humans that spend time around ghosts quickly die.  (Perfect Memento in Strict Sense)
Youmu, as a half-human, is affected by many of the things regular humans are affected by.  (I haven't actually played IN Extra, but I hear something like this happens there for the Netherworld team.)
Thus, by keeping Youmu by her side, Yuyuko is slowly killing her gardener.

In PCB, she also mentions that "I've been inviting humans and youkai to their deaths just for fun. No problem."  Were this actually the case, it would provide further evidence that Yuyuko is a monster.  However, I suspect that's just a mistranslation/misinterpretation: given the flow of the conversation, it seems more logical that Yuyuko means that she can invite humans and youkai to their deaths just for fun, not that she actually does so.

(Also, she ate Mystia.  Maybe.)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Terrible things Touhou characters have allegedly done
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 08:30:35 AM »
For the cheery world Gensokyo seems to be, there certainly are a lot of people who do horrible things.  This thread is for listing them.

(Note that much of this requires funny interpretations of things.  That's alright, this is a jokey thread anyway.)

Let's start this off with Yuyuko!

Yuyuko is a ghost.  (Perfect Memento in Strict Sense)
Humans that spend time around ghosts quickly die.  (Perfect Memento in Strict Sense)
Youmu, as a half-human, is affected by many of the things regular humans are affected by.  (I haven't actually played IN Extra, but I hear something like this happens there for the Netherworld team.)
Thus, by keeping Youmu by her side, Yuyuko is slowly killing her gardener.

In PCB, she also mentions that "I've been inviting humans and youkai to their deaths just for fun. No problem."  Were this actually the case, it would provide further evidence that Yuyuko is a monster.  However, I suspect that's just a mistranslation/misinterpretation: given the flow of the conversation, it seems more logical that Yuyuko means that she can invite humans and youkai to their deaths just for fun, not that she actually does so.

(Also, she ate Mystia.  Maybe.)

I don't really see the charm in this thread, but you forgot to add that she tried to kill Eirin via poison.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 08:49:29 AM »
All the touhous exept a handfull of stage 1 and 2 bosses are horrible, evil people who do not desreve to looks so god damn adorable.
Wotters gonna' wot

Verloren

• Servant for Life~
  • Touhou Sweets~
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 09:11:17 AM »
Grimdark + lolis = touhou.

/end thread

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 09:23:16 AM »
When no one was looking, Yuyuko took forty cakes.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 09:38:12 AM »
When no one was looking, Yuyuko took forty cakes.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Apotheosis

• Pop-tarts please!!!
  • MOM WHERE'S MY POP-TARTS?????
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 09:39:06 AM »
reimu is literally a genocidal maniac
The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr - Mohammed

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 09:40:56 AM »
Sanae is technically a Nazi in UFO.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 10:58:36 AM »
Marisa Stole the Precious Thing.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 11:09:45 AM »
Marisa is terrible just for existing. I cannot begin to describe how much she needs to be burned, stoned, hanged, drowned or whatever else they did to (supposed) witches during the Salem Witch Trials.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

dandan550

• Trickster
    • Temporary~
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 12:02:07 PM »
What Byakuren? It says that she make a temple next to the human village... and both humans and youkai seem to be interested... I just wonder what will the fate for the Moriya and Hakurei Shrine (Suwako seems okay but to Reimu...)

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 12:06:23 PM »
Saigyou Ayakashi was apparently some sort of pink feudal Godzilla.

Benny1

• Die The Death! Sentence to death! Great equalizer is The Death!
  • Dlanor of the Ten Wedges
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 01:38:41 PM »
Byakuren sunk a ship with a few other humans on it in the process of saving Murasa, quite probably without trying any other method before hand, and perhaps did the same to other humans before being sealed.

Perhaps.

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 01:57:32 PM »
Utsuho tried to destroy the world pretty much. She failed, but meh

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 02:01:50 PM »
Other than the usual fare

most touhou characters aren't exactly immoral..at least by the standards in their world.

sure Sanae may not always be a good girl, but then again both reimu and marisa hunt youkai for sport. The tradition has joined danmaku battles as the leading sport in gensokyo.

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 03:52:45 PM »
Quote from: TVTropes
Reimu is a bitch.

* Highly Responsive to Prayers: Reimu goes on a homicidal rampage.
    * Story of Eastern Wonderland: Reimu seeks revenge for Mima's revenge for Reimu's previous rampage.
    * Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream: Reimu interferes with academia and scientific progress.
    * Lotus Land Story: Reimu kills a youkai who tried to help her.
    * Mystic Square: Reimu orphans Alice and destroys an entire world for it's creator's belief in the free market.
    * The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil: Reimu places a little girl who wanted to go flower gazing under house arrest.
          o This troper would also like to add that on the way, she beats up retarded kids, violates private property, and picks a fight with an asthmatic person. TWICE. Way to go, Reimu, way to go.
    * Perfect Cherry Blossom: Reimu prevents an innocent girl from being revived.
          o Not to mention beating up the self-appointed guardian of an inhabited village with the stated intention of plundering it for good luck (which she then seemingly does off-camera).
    * Immaterial and Missing Power: Reimu breaks up parties.
          o Also prevents a girl from achieving her dream of reuniting her people.
    * Imperishable Night: Reimu strips Gensokyo of it's defences against a Lunar invasion.
          o Not to mention the repeated killing of the elderly in the Extra stage.
    * Phantasmagoria of Flower View: Reimu attacks people for no good reason.
    * Mountain of Faith: Reimu oppresses other religions.
    * Scarlet Weather Rhapsody: Reimu endorses slave labor.
          o Not only that, but she also beats up her best friend to get out of doing chores and spends the majority of the story throwing baseless accusations at every person she meets and beating them up before they can protest.
    * Subterranean Animism: Reimu cuts back funding for alternative energy sources.
    * Undefined Fantastic Object: Reimu illegally seizes a merchant ship's cargo, then beats up Jesus.

Gpop

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 04:13:42 PM »
Satori can read your perverted minds.

And Koishi rapes it.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 04:26:46 PM »
Mystia hunts, terrorizes and blinds innocent passers-by. Additionally she runs what amounts to a protection racket.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »
Sanae is technically a Nazi in UFO.
This. Fucking this.

Gpop

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 04:38:40 PM »
This. Fucking this.

How come Hitler doesn't agree then?

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 04:43:38 PM »
Yumemi and Chiyuri want to take some people from Gensokyo to "study magic". Only God knows what kind of crazy experiments and dissections that might involve.

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 04:44:19 PM »
How come Hitler doesn't agree then?
Godwin's Law.

/thread

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 05:22:28 PM »
Godwin's Law.

/thread

Intentional invocation, counter-/thread. Also it's not Sanae, it's Kanako pushing Sanae to do her bidding. That said:

Kanako manipulates a teenaged girl to do her bidding with no reward, thus amounting to essentially slavery.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 05:23:20 PM »
"Hunting youkai", it should be remembered, does not mean killing them. It means a spellcard battle. Reimu created the rules of this to maintain balance in Gensokyo. Keep this in mind.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 05:24:56 PM »
Did I just imagine it or did Sanae actually say something to the extent of "I'm a god." I cant remember if that was in a game or if it was in some random fandom video.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 05:33:54 PM »
Calling Sanae a Nazi is just stupid.  She's not.  Ahem.

Byakuren isn't exactly the nicest of people once you read her backstory.  Remilia would've pretty much destroyed the ecosystem of Gensokyo for her own selfish reasons were it not for Reimu and Marisa.  Yuyuko's reasons were somewhat more selfless, but the same thing applies.  Utsuho, as previously stated, specifically wanted to destroy Gensokyo.  Mima wanted to murder Reimu.  Yumemi and Chiyuri were planning to abduct Gensokians to use as research specimens.

...And Shinki, who is often related to Satan, just wanted to run a tourist agency.  Go figure~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 05:57:51 PM »
Did I just imagine it or did Sanae actually say something to the extent of "I'm a god." I cant remember if that was in a game or if it was in some random fandom video.

Sanae herself is worshiped as a "living god", and refers to herself as such during her UFO dialogue.

On topic,

• Murasa: The future that Hijiri wants is a peaceful, beautiful youkai world. And, we'll be able to break Hijiri's seal with the treasure you've brought.
  • Sanae: Huh? A world without youkai hunting? That's not good.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 06:01:34 PM »
Aside from the era before spellcards, everyone is just bored and have their own kind of fun. It's not like they did "bad". What you call "bad" is just based on your human measures, it doesn't make things bad. Also, yeah, Youkai Extermination is not killing, most people tend to forget this. I mean just remember Tokiko, she was exterminated, yet she's still alive. And what Sanae is doing in not going on a killing rampage, just doing her job as a shrine maiden. Maybe, it's some kind of translation error: maybe it's not "Extermination" but more like "Exorcism". What is not killing but casting away the youkai. (For one, in my language "exorcism" means "casting away").

Also, is someone calls Sanae a Nazi again, shall be cleaved with my Claimh Solais! ><

Sanae: Huh? A world without youkai hunting? That's not good.

Of course. Gensokyo is what I call a "Stimulated Paradise". A Paradise without the stimulation (without "Youkai Hunting" aka what Byakuren desires) would soon crumble and everything would be tossed into chaos. Don't you remember all those "paradise experiments" of our world? Yeah, maybe they won't worked like they intended to work (mostly because of the "outside world"), but the constant war stimulated the people (at least for a short time), and ended infighting.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 06:06:42 PM by Solais »

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009, 06:06:05 PM »
Well, regardless of your view on Sanae's enthusiasm for Youkai hunting, it's a little blasphemous for her to be calling herself a living god. Shouldn't she be letting Kanako and Suwako have all the glory since they are the goddesses she serves?

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2009, 06:13:34 PM »
Kanako manipulates a teenaged girl to do her bidding with no reward, thus amounting to essentially slavery.
So, does that mean that Kanako is Hitler's reincarnation?