Author Topic: Age  (Read 12194 times)

so me and my friends are in this debate, he knows nothing of touhou compared to me, but compared to all of you i know still nothing. anyway he says all the girls in this are 10 years old. i said no, he told me to pull up a picture and i did, he started putting ages to them. i told him what i thought was the correct ages (like sakuya about 21) and in an attempt to win the argument he said that all the girls in this are pedo and gay and that the creator was on shrooms when he made this.

so my question is about how old are the youngest people in this? and about how old are reimu and marisa?

Re: Age
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 12:27:22 AM »
The ones I know off the top of my head:
--Reimu is mid-teens
--Marisa is mid-teens
--Patchy is 100-ish
--Remilia is 500
--Flandre is 495
--Suwako is ANCIENT

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:30:43 AM »
I think the canonical youngest was Chiyuri, at 15 years old during PoDD.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 12:36:02 AM »
--Reimu is mid-teens
--Marisa is mid-teens

I always laugh when people believe this. 7 years have gone by since EoSD, not to mention the PC-98 games and a time gap between them and the Windows series. How young do you people think Reimu WAS at HRtP?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 12:36:34 AM »
I always laugh when people believe this. 7 years have gone by since EoSD, not to mention the PC-98 games and a time gap between them and the Windows series. How young do you people think Reimu WAS at HRtP?
wait that makes no sense

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 12:37:48 AM »
I think that PC-98 Reimu and Marisa were the Ancestors of the Current Reimu and Marisa, so yeah.
Wotters gonna' wot

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 12:42:33 AM »
I think that PC-98 Reimu and Marisa were the Ancestors of the Current Reimu and Marisa, so yeah.
Alice and Yuka both knew who they were though.

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 12:45:28 AM »
I blame the wiki.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 12:55:18 AM »
First off wrong sub-forum.

--Reimu is mid-teens
--Marisa is mid-teens
I always laugh when people believe this.
So do I.

Youngest; Chiyuri at 15 during PoDD. If you also count the out-of-game characters, Hieda no Akyu comes in the early 10s as well. Those 2 are probably the youngest yet. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here, but eh.

Oldest is iffy to decide. For instance, we have Yukari being at least 1200 years old. Kaguya and Te(w)i [I should probably decide] at being at least 1300. We have the Goddesses as well, which were present during the Suwa War, around 2300 years ago. Additionally, if you go off and count say... SSiB, the Watatsuki sisters are at least 1500. Even older is Eirin. I could go on for about an hour I would think. But I'll leave it at that.

I blame the wiki.
Fun fact: The wiki is pretty outdated in some areas. There are also several unreported "bugs" in the games that I know of, but I can't be bothered updating.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 12:57:09 AM »

just because they're humans doesn't mean they age regularly. >:3

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 01:13:32 AM »
Fun fact: The wiki is pretty outdated in some areas.
I realize that now, based on the timeline I just found on said wiki. >_>

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 01:14:26 AM »
just because they're humans doesn't mean they age regularly. >:3

In Gensokyo... once a loli, stays a loli.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 01:18:39 AM »
In my opinion that is alone in the universe, I believe that Reimu and Marisa are in their mid twenties and were about 14 at the time HRTP happened. Not counting the goddesses, I'm pretty sure Eirin is the oldest in the series.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 01:22:57 AM »
Not counting the goddesses, I'm pretty sure Eirin is the oldest in the series.

i've always liked to think that Yukari is, personally. i've always seen her as Gensokyo's "God" and the current overlooker of the modern world.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 01:23:13 AM »
Where is Byakuren (and company) in this?
The entire UFO cast is literally old as dirt.

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 01:26:07 AM »
First off wrong sub-forum.

sorry about that, im not entirely 100% sure where i should post some of the things i do

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 01:26:25 AM »
Where is Byakuren (and company) in this?
The entire UFO cast is literally old as dirt.

* Slaves looks at the wiki

w-what?

how did i not notice this before ???

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 01:31:22 AM »
sorry about that, im not entirely 100% sure where i should post some of the things i do

We've had one of these at the Touhou Addict Recovery Center.

Also,

how did i not notice this before ???

And YES to full body pictures, etc.

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 01:41:43 AM »
We've had one of these at the Touhou Addict Recovery Center.

oops i thought thats where i was :x

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 01:47:05 AM »

I'm pretty sure the Touhou characters aren't aging in real time. Here's a list of the seasons which each game takes place.

• EoSD was summer
  • PCB was late winter/early spring
  • IaMP was late spring/early summer
  • IN was late summer
  • PoFV was spring
  • MoF was autumn
  • SA was winter
  • UFO was late winter/spring
  • SWRS/12.3 was summer

So I conclude that EoSD was one year, PCB and IaMP and IN are all in the second year, PoFV and MoF and SA are in the third, and UFO and 12.3 are in the fourth, which makes only four years.

(Skipped SWR because it's in the summer and it throws everything off although you can probably say it takes place before MoF.)

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 01:55:42 AM »
In my opinion that is alone in the universe, I believe that Reimu and Marisa are in their mid twenties and were about 14 at the time HRTP happened.

That's also pretty much how old I imagine them to be.
Normal: 2,4-12
Extra: 4-8,10-12
Hard: 4,6-8,10
Lunatic: 8

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 01:56:11 AM »
a time gap between them and the Windows series
ZUN did say there was no time gap, or at least it was smaller than a year.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 03:02:36 AM »
DuskTape: The games happen on the year they are released.

Gpop

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2009, 03:10:52 AM »

Actually, I can believe this myself, considering that it's literally TOUHOU.

That and she does seem a bit younger in the PC-98 series IMO.

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2009, 04:31:47 AM »
DuskTape: The games happen on the year they are released.

I have no idea why everybody's saying this but I completely disagree with it D:

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 04:35:12 AM »
It's in Aya's official newspaper articles. Each article relating to a specific character and their incidents is dated. You can check the Gensokyo timeline here.

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009, 05:11:34 AM »
Ohhh.
Well that makes sense now. I never really accounted for Curiosities of Lotus Asia or Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red so that's why my timeline is wrong. At least, it was wrong past Phantasmagoria of Flower View :x

But I'd still like another one of Aya's newspapers to completely confirm the dates...

Anyway, back on the topic of age, it's possible that even with time actually passing, nobody ages...? :P

I'd probably say Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, and Sanae are pretty much the same age, but Sakuya seems older because... she has "lived longer" because she's been stopping time a lot?

Cirno is obviously over sixty years old (since she remembers the flower festival thing in PoFV) and Medicine is even younger since she (apparently) did not know of it and she's listed as a young youkai in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense anyway.

Akyu is over ten years old.

Remilia and Flandre are 500 and 495 years old, respectively (as we all know), while Chiyuri and Yumemi are 15 and 18 years old, respectively, when we last saw them.

Touhou Wiki says Kanako and Suwako are at least 2300 years old, Kaguya and Mokou are at least 1300 years old, and Yuyuko is at least 1000 years old.

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 11:41:28 AM »
Yukari was instrumental in the creation of Gensokyo, so she existed before then and had the time to become a big somebody even before the Border went up, otherwise she wouldn't have been able to do something like creating an entire land. Definitely more than 1200 going by the age of Gensokyo itself.

Likewise, Eirin was instrumental in the founding of the Lunar civilization which is older than the human civilization on Earth, meaning that Eirin is much older than humanity. At least 10000 unless ZUN considers humanity to be younger than that.

Aya arrived in Gensokyo more than a thousand years before the present day, which would mean that she was at least a teenager a thousand years ago. 1015 at the very least.

Tewi claims to be 1300 years old (usa~) but knowing her that's best taken with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:44:35 AM by Recon 5 »

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 08:32:02 PM »
Likewise, Eirin was instrumental in the founding of the Lunar civilization which is older than the human civilization on Earth, meaning that Eirin is much older than humanity. At least 10000 unless ZUN considers humanity to be younger than that.

Seriously? Wow! What an oldie!

Well, I already told nintendonut, but Reimu looks like she's 8 by HRtP. Not that it matters much though.
The deal about TC's friend seeing them as lolis is because the character art is highly misinterpretated, and while very few characters actually look like lolis, there are many people out there who downright say that Touhou is full of them.

Just so I can find some lolis in Touhou:
- young Reimu*
- young Marisa*
- young Alice*
- Rumia
- Orange
- Chen
- Kurumi
- Suika
- Suwako
- Remilia* (though her expressions totally give her away)
*Only half-count.
Maybe there are others, maybe I need to be drunk to find others, but no. Touhou isn't filled with lolis.

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 02:03:10 AM »
ok. but i that just rased a new question. if chen is chen then who is orange (i assumed people were calling her that cause that is what iv heard her characters mean in Chinese)